Thread: Honcast Tournament Series (May 2 - June 23, 2010)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Honcast Tournament Series (May 2 - June 23, 2010)

Head on over to the OFFICIAL HONCAST TOURNAMENT PAGE

BRACKET IS FOR PRESENTATION PURPOSES, FOR LIVE BRACKET GO TO HONCAST TOURNAMENT PAGE
    :: CLICK HERE FOR BRACKETS ::
    [STARTING NEXT SUNDAY, MAY 2nd, 2010]

It's been an amazing journey here for all of us in the rapid growth of Heroes of Newerth as an eSport, and the now 100,000 strong viewers a month have shown that this game has an amazing spectator value. With that said, eSport Media / HONCAST is proud to present, sponsored by S2 Games, the first round of our eight week HoN Tournament Series.

Honcast is bringing back the 5v5 action with honcasted matches every week. Every Sunday a winner will be determined by the outcome of each qualifying round and guaranteed a spot in the HONCAST $1000 Tournament Series Finals sponsored by S2 Games. The winning teams from each week of qualifiers will also get some sweet swag (prizes) from S2 Games. Once a team wins their spot in the Top 8 Finals, they are sitting pretty and the rest must battle it out until the Top 8 are determined by one way only... Winning it all.

[STARTING NEXT SUNDAY, MAY 2nd, 2010] The tournament spots for each week are first come, first serve, so don't delay signing up for the weekly qualifiers. We will be seeding the tournament using the HONCAST community rankings, if your team is not on the rankings you will be randomly seeded below the recognized teams from rankings. The tournament will take place each Sunday at 12:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST) / 19:00 GMT.

Each week, bracket is limited to 16 seeds, and the final will be a 8 team bracket of the finalists. Rounds are sing elimination (1 match) and the finals will be Best out of 3 (BO3).

Honcast has taken our tournament and bracket system to the next level. Our bracket system is programmed with the functionality to coincide with our Video on Demand. That means that you'll be able to click straight from the bracket to watch a certain match between teams on the bracket if a Honcast was done of the round. Matches that were honcasted are denoted by the green filled background, matches that were not honcasted remain with a black background.

On top of all of this, we have our soon to be released HONCAST Ranking, which will feature both the Honcast community rankings, as well as the Honcast Tournament Ranking, which monitors team's performances in the Honcast tournaments.

Prizes:
    Weekly Winner: Swag Prizes for Team (To be determined by S2 Games)
    1st Place: $600 Cash
    2nd Place: $300 Cash
    3rd Place: $100 Cash

(Prizes must be accepted in form of paypal or check, full amount will be sent to one location)

If you are a skilled player you should also be a quality player.
    Your #1 rule will be: Manners and Sportsmanship. Remember these 2 words at all times.

Behavior
    English should always be used when you are around players that do not speak the same language as you.
    Disrespect, flaming and/or racism will not be allowed.
    When you explain or discuss an issue be polite, anything you want to say can be said in a respectful manner.

Game Rules

-Be a good sportsman and have fun playing competitively.

-Backdooring outer towers is allowed. (Outer towers are OUTSIDE of the base)

-Entering the oppositions base without a creep wave is NOT allowed (You must enter opponents base with creep support)

-Blocking creeps in the base with Behemoth's Fissure is not allowed

-Item drop is not enabled

-No glitching out of the map

-No ledge glitching Kongor (like abusing slither wards to kill Kongor or pulling him to tower)

-Abuse of any bug, or glitch is considered illegal.

-No pooling items (Including bottle) : You are allowed to share bottle in lane, you cannot give it to another hero with the intention for use for a long period of time.

-No using players that are NOT on the roster. If you are found using a ringer you are disqualified from the tournament.

Head on over to the OFFICIAL HONCAST TOURNAMENT PAGE

Good Luck
    Last edited by JohnnyUtah; 06-12-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Proud to be the first person to officially purchase Heroes of Newerth

I'm confused, is this scheduled at the same time as gamereplays tournaments?

Quote Originally Posted by Phelann View Post
    Interesting.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelann View Post
    and let the war begin? not healthy..

fail, dont compete with gamereplays.. the more tournaments that stay around the better

Account Icon
    Have to agree.

Seems unhealthy

They have a 1v1 tourney, this is a 5v5 guys. It's the only time that works for our casters to get the matches done, and most of the players we talked too!

Good luck to the teams.

Account Icon
    Honcast is a much more professional team with much better shoutcasters, a far superior video delivery system, and much less drama/ego issues than GR. A good move by S2Games in switching their allegiance to the clear winner here.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So now teams have to choose between honcast and gr? Unless all the top teams choose one over the other won't both tournies be a joke?

... Don't start that stuff please.

S2 supports the HoN competitive community as a whole. Growth of HoN as an eSport is important to S2, and this is just another step in taking it to the next level.

Video for tournament coming soon!

Agreed. This is a super wack move.

You have the chance to bring more money to the top teams and expand the competitive community. Instead you choose to directly attack your only other competitor, which only will harm the community.

Wack move, but I can't say that I'm surprised that Hunter is the one pulling it off.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Actually honcast started it. Do you really plan on taking hon to the next level by competing with other tournaments when there are so few to begin with?

I don't see how this helps hon as an esport. You really aren't adding anything to the competitive scene if you are also subtracting something at the same time. This can't possibly coexist well with the gamereplays tourney, so its going to be one or the other. Gamereplays already has a weekly sunday tournament; honcast needs to provide something new if you actually want to help hon as an esport as whole, instead of honcast itself as a website.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by HunteR_ View Post
    They have a 1v1 tourney, this is a 5v5 guys. It's the only time that works for our casters to get the matches done, and most of the players we talked too!

Good luck to the teams.
    We have a 1v1 tourny to take a break from our season 1, I believe Season 2 is starting soon
    And your tournament will be an eight week tourny. I highly believe that our second season will be started by then.

-No pooling items (Including bottle) : You are allowed to share bottle in lane, you cannot give it to another hero with the intention for use for a long period of time.
    Does this mean no bottle swapping for runes?
    Last edited by Sn00py2gos; 04-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Don't tell me you guys didn't expect that once HunteR_ gets a chance to kick out a rival he will do it no matter what, no matter how bad it is for the competitive community.

Prime example that he gives a **** about both competition and the community and only works for his own profit.

There is way too much whining in here.
    Do you really want to play a tournament all day on a Saturday? I mean I know most of you have no social life but there is still better things to do with your time.
    Not everyone can (or wants to) do a tournament on a weekday either. People have school and work. Just because a few of you still live in your mothers house doesn't mean everyone does.
    Honcast can pick whatever time they want. If you don't like it, don't play in it, more for the rest of us.
    iQuit

Account Icon
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of you don't understand competition. It's typically good for things when there are options to consider. Moreover, S2 has allocated these funds to Honcast for their tournament, what will GameReplays do? Will S2 give them another grand to run a tournament? There are no real leagues set up in HoN at the moment, and therefore no reason to be "loyal" to any organization because any SMART team is going to play where the money is. Sure you can get to tournaments like ESL and Cybergamer and play against a few of the top teams here and there and maybe win a small prize. But if you're going to try and play for money you're going to where its at.

I don't see this as a problem as long as GameReplays doesnt offer up $1k of their own or more. The teams will compete in whichever tournament offers the highest prize amount.

Another note is that while I may not agree with what Hunter says and does sometimes, I think that GR's staff is even worse. Aside from 1 or 2 guys over there they have nothing but a bunch of unprofessional kids casting and spectating games. At least with Honcast we get to hear breaky, phil, xander and others who don't prioritize giving shoutouts, swearing over their streams, or straight up insulting players ahead of calling the game as it happens.

While GR definitely had the headstart on competitive HoN, my money is on Honcast's staff (read not Jeff Hunter) providing an excellent tournament and professional coverage.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Penance View Post
    There is way too much whining in here.
    Do you really want to play a tournament all day on a Saturday? I mean I know most of you have no social life but there is still better things to do with your time.
    Not everyone can (or wants to) do a tournament on a weekday either. People have school and work. Just because a few of you still live in your mothers house doesn't mean everyone does.
    Honcast can pick whatever time they want. If you don't like it, don't play in it, more for the rest of us.
    All i'm saying is honcast needs to pays some respect to gamereplays for what they have done for competitive hon instead of making their own tournament on the same day.

When is the first of these tournaments? Tomorrow?

If I'm understanding correctly, it says that the winners of the eight weekly tournaments will play in the championship (and all the cash prizes are awarded in the final tournament). Does this mean that once a team has won a weekly tournament they are no longer able to participate?

Guys, we're exclusive coverage partners with the Neva Digital for the Neva HoN Series, that is on Saturdays. ECO-League takes up a lot of the honcast weekdays, the only day we don't have exclusive coverage of an event that our staff is available is on Sunday. It's strictly what time works for us, and what is available.

Our Saturdays are full with Neva, our weekdays are full with other tournament coverage for our partners, (especially with the new podcast series we're launching with GamerofSorts founder Keiri) and Sundays works for us since we don't have any exclusive coverage of any tournament on Sundays.

It's just how it works guys.

Again, good luck to the contestants.

Start's next Sunday, I'll update with Date, sorry! May 2nd, 2010