Thread: More modes at Matchmaking

View Poll Results: Do you want more gamemodes in matchmaking?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i would like to have more gamemodes.

3 42.86%
  • No, i'm happy how it is.

4 57.14%

Hybrid View

More modes at Matchmaking

I would like to know if there are more gamemodes for matchmaking planned, or an option where u can choose the gamemode before joining the pool, since i think that many players dont really like BP.

It's still early in the development of matchmaking, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few more modes were added. However not all should be added as modes like AR are simply not suited for what seems to be considered 'ranked' play. I also wouldn't be surprised if BP stayed the sole MM mode simply because it is the most competitive game type, where the strategy starts prior to the game with banning/picking/counter picking being much more emphasized than other modes like SD where there are very limited heroes you can choose or AP where everyone just spam clicks the hero they want.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No and here is why.

Match making is supposed to be "ranked" in that everyone's SMR is going to be based around the same set of rules in the game. By changing the mode it could change the playing field and skew the system. Introducing EM to Match Making would be the worst mode obviously for skewing the PSR, but I have noticed that certain modes tend of have worse players at the same PSR. Single Draft is the first that comes to my mind.

In my opinion it should be BD not BP, but it should still only be one and there should not be options.

Account Icon
    Omg mode!!!! Wtf mode!!!!