Author's notes. Demon Lord
Attack Type: Ranged
Move Speed: 305
Magic Armor: 5.5
STR: 17 + 2.0
AGI: 23 + 2.6
INT: 19 + 1.9
Fear will break you!
Skill Mechanics: Target skill instills horror onto target.
In numbers we trust!
Skill Mechanics: AoE slow and physical damage in target area (works against towers)
I will Catch them all!
Skill Mechanics: Passive ability enhancing his damage with each kill he gets (hero kills bonuses will be permanently added to his stats while creep kills will momentarily add to his stats. If Nergal dies he will lose 1 hero soul.
You will reply!
Skill Mechanics: Target ability on friendly/foe units(Not heroes and not neutrals)
Posted it here as I made the hero really fast here at work so would like a bit of feedback on him and his abilities.
Would you play him?
Would you think he would be a fun hero to play?
Do you consider him a pusher type of hero?
First off, I'll assume this is your submission for the agi-contest, so most of my comments will be directed off of that.
1) The hero has to be a range.
2) I do not exactly see a pushing ability as is as defined by http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...6&postcount=40
This hero doesn't seem to have an actual tower pushing ability, just creep pushing. However, this might change depending on the ult details. For example, cooldown, manacost, duration of buff, controllability (seeing how the skill has the word dominance).
3) Back to the ult. I don't see a purpose to buffing an enemy creep with this ability. The only exception to this is if it gives the unit control to the player (like 's skill).
3) I feel like the soul catcher skill is a little overpowered. Although after looking at it and thinking about it for a while, it is just my personal gut instinct.
4) Undead Bounds seems to be a very weak skill (unless the damage is a DoT, then it just too OP). This both has a mild slow and a mild damage (physical too, which scales down as the game progresses).
Tundra blast: 30% slow, 80-230 magic damage, -20 attack speed. This is better in almost every way (not sure about duration, but that is relatively negligible given the 30% slow).
5) I don't see any synergy with any of your skills (although I am tired at the moment, so I may just be blind). Fear -> Undead Bound is a synergy, but the amount gained from reduced armor seems small at the moment. Also, I see Fear -> Soul Catcher, but I feel like that is more of an auto-attack buff rather than a skill synergy. I think you tried to create a ganker/damage buffer/creep buffer, which seems like a very weird combo.
Another thing I would like to point out that although i do see pushing abiities, i.e. the ulti, he contributes nothing else to the team. In a game where pushing is not always a big thing, he also has to be able to help his team a little. Right now he has a pseudo disable, a slow, and a damage buff that is much weaker than SS's as his main abilities. None of these are pushing abilities.
And the only pushing ability he has is his ulti, which has no use otherwise, except pushing.
ohh i most have missed the ranged easy fix though.
2)His secondary skill is actually the pushing skill as it's physical damage it can also attack buildings think Torturer "Impalement" just as a target area.
3)He dominates the creep and it becomes under his control.
4)Numbers can change of course ^^
5)It's physical damage as said earlier and only inside a specfic area it's damage per second like a dot but no damage received outside of the area.
6) well the 2 first skills can be very deadly combined (Scenario somebody chasing you. You target first skill on the pursuer and target undead bounds underneath said hero. With no creeps around it's a very dangerous combo).
Ah, this makes more sense. I suggest that the radius of the skill be moderately small, or it will be rather OP (especially with a stunner). I can actually see this as a tower pushing skill: 3 waves kills the first tower, 4 waves for the next 2 towers.
Also, slight correction: Torturers impale have random swords pop up, dealing damage in random areas around him (there is no sharing in damage should there be more than one unit in the area). Slightly different from this, where the damage location is not random and there is sharing of damage.
Also, question on your ult: although I do agree with ShredderIV that this ult is rather useless for the team (seeing as eventually, a team can take down towers pretty fast at the late game), why is the DoT damage after the chain lightning proc? I personally feel like the chain lightning is a better skill, especially if chain lightning makes pushing a lane down faster.
Well it was meant for taking down towers quicker (think pyromancer dot) So I thought that would be more effectively. But that can of course be altered this was my basic idea of the hero. Had to be carefull as Agi ranged fast can become OP. ^^
EDIT: Changed "Undead Bounds" a bit.
I just though of something that could make your ult OP. If you control a creep, run it to base, and continue doing so each time the ult is up, you essentially have a creep army at base, which could easily destroy heroes. towers, creeps, and bases. (This is assuming that you can have infinite creeps under control and unlimited control duration). [Minion Rush to the max] Only 2 ways to efficiently stop it in my opinion: , :RunedAxe:+high dps
Am I wrong in this assumption, and if not, well, how will this be fixed?
Numbers can change I tried to keep the layout as easy as possible.
I was thinking in the line of 1 to 3 creeps max but it's kinda hard to say as I have no idea of how powerfull the dot will work on lvl 3 ult. it doesnt stack of course but it's like a 125 burst damage over 5 seconds (125 damage total of course)
2) Might be fun to play, but I'm the type to realize this only after playing it. However, it will be no where close to (this is my opinion though, and may, and probably does differ from others' opinions)
3) No clue, seeing how I am relatively unfamiliar to comp play. If I had to guess, probably no due to the lack of disables (although, it might change if the team chosen was designed for pushing towers).