269. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES to LAN ! (Explain.)

250 92.94%
  • NO to LAN ! (Explain.)

19 7.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon

Lan Game !!

I was thinking, if there is a LAN mode, we cyber cafes could make a little competition for our reputation.

LAN game will be like online, only without channel.

Because of the Battle.Lan in malaysia, Dota can connect to other Cyber Cafes by just opening Warcraft 3.

I hope HoN would do a LAN too.

P.S: Thanks to Quindoo to be the number one person to support me.

In the old HoN, there used to be a grayed out button labeled "Local Game", let's just hope it will be reality once it hits the stores.

I don't think the community will vote yes as they don't need it. I personally think it would be a great idea, then I could use Hamatchi and not have to put up with S2's terrible servers.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think S2 has plans for this. There was a grayed out "Local Game" button in the old interface if I remember correctly. Let them take their time.
    - GATE -
    A Hero that is NOT OP, but adds original mechanics and brings back the skill without skillshots.
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Blot/Gate
    Vote for Concept
    NOT NUMBERS

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre070 View Post
    I don't think the community will vote yes as they don't need it. I personally think it would be a great idea, then I could use Hamatchi and not have to put up with S2's terrible servers.

Good Luck using hamachi with 10 people XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nixon3191 View Post
    Good Luck using hamachi with 10 people XD
    It has to be better than the current servers, even if I have to make my own program to pull it off.

Account Icon
    lets just hope that S2 Games will do their best to create a LAN mode.

lets just hope that S2 Games will do their best to create better servers.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yes, simply because it allows for easy lagless games in a small area without being hindered by any S2 server problems. I don't see how this can negatively affect the game either.

Takes developer time to create a feature with little benefits if the servers problems were fixed.

Account Icon
    there is no needr to have all cybers connect the same network if hon is online
    you can create a channel there or a clan and play together
    old GVT - new ksed name =D

Can all the heroes be made out of their icons? FIND OUT!
    Brazilian Translation Project
    DotA/Unreal Announcer for killing sounds mod by me

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by GVT View Post
    there is no needr to have all cybers connect the same network if hon is online
    you can create a channel there or a clan and play together
    One thing, playing online will lag, or maybe Disconnects.

Connecting to other CC from Malaysia won't have this kind of problems.

Account Icon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wildsoul (EDIT).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	3923This I think will be an awesome idea.

Account Icon
    I would really see a good lan mode too. Just because i use to play often in lan with friends and this will be a very fun game to do with. With a "lan" ladder it could be very nice. There's no reason to don't do it.

It would be great, if there will be a LAN-Mode available in the near future. I and some friends of me pre-purchased HoN and we are playing it online. But sometimes we would like to play it in LAN like DotA because when we meet, my internet connection is too slow for more than one person (256/128 kbit/s).

Lan has it's uses.. esp if you live somewhere with bad internet speeds like australia and have to deal with 300+ pings.

also cyber cafes, competitions, lan partys, etc
    make it happen imo

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    very convenient in australia if you want to have friends over and don't have the bandwidth for all of them to play online

Doubt it will happen in time, But there are a number of us who have and like to play HoN. We're all going to be at a large local Lan Party early June and would love to play. Internet will be extremely limited for the purposes of providing authentication for games. Online play will be prohibited. I would love to see Lan play as an option. Keep the online login though.

I voted yes for lan games, but it doesnt make financial sense...

If LAN is supported, then anyone in the world would be able to download and use the game without having to pay...

Lets look at Starcraft 2 for example, they decided not to support LAN because of piracy issues... Blizzard is a dedicated company that will put all the time in the world (literally, they took so F**king long to even come up with a release date) and as much money into a game to make it a masterpiece.

But when they said they where not going to support LAN, I didnt hesitate to yell out to all my mates saying that I am not going to buy the game if it does not support LAN.

So Blizzard decided to Support LAN but you must log in to be able to use it.

S2 Games should follow the same path. You log in, then click on LAN mode, and everyone is happy. And you need to pay for a log in. S2 will also happy, they can use that money to keep developing the game and to support the running costs.

The one thing that I think S2 games should do, is give people an option to pay a small yearly fee, and by doing so they get some sort of reward like special access to good low ping servers or something... Unless people of the world are constantly buying the game, I dont see how S2 games can afford to keep this game going. But if S2 games are getting income and people are buying the game, then what the hell S2 Games, enable LAN already! Or enable LAN after people have logged in. Most people that have a LAN party usually have the internet as well.

Anything new or any new official statement about LAN-Mode?
    I would really like to play HoN with a few friends on a LAN-Party via LAN - so please add LAN-Mode soon.