PDA

View Full Version : Abilities to Watch out for

Drasha
04-03-2010, 01:45 AM
http://www.hondb.com/?tips1

This is a list of all the hero abilities that I thought were hard to understand for new players and what you can do to avoid dieing horribly to them. Hopefully some new players give this a look over and are able to avoid death after reading this.

For the more experienced players this is pretty useless but odds are you will notice some thing i miss feel free to point it out since i will probably do another bat of 15 or so abilities soon.

roemer
04-03-2010, 02:04 AM
never try to solo panda when he has his ult up. Its more of his combo being really good1v1 so idk if you want to include it.

tortuer's ult

pharohs mummies and how you can kill them

al i can think of right now

Headbus
04-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Defiler ult?
Succubus ult?
Forsaken Archer?
Voodoo Jester abilities/ult
Hammerstorm ult
Zeph ult

Fornozo
04-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Well you should really watch out for anyones ultimate/ability's so I can't really see the point of this thread.

LucidCharade
04-03-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm surprised you didn't include Mesmerize. It's soooo annoying having noobs attack your mezz'd target. :<

Shadowcamsy
04-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Well you should really watch out for anyones ultimate/ability's so I can't really see the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to show new players non-intuitive hero abilities and how to counter them. The amount of times I've seen new players run away from a Nymph pod when the Nymph is on their team is unbelievable. The list is a nice summary of what new players should be doing when they come across these heroes with very unique abilities.

Fornozo
04-03-2010, 02:30 AM
The point of this thread is to show new players non-intuitive hero abilities and how to counter them. The amount of times I've seen new players run away from a Nymph pod when the Nymph is on their team is unbelievable. The list is a nice summary of what new players should be doing when they come across these heroes with very unique abilities.
Ok then, might have just been that I was to lazy to check the link that made me skeptical but now it makes sense.

yyr_
04-03-2010, 02:34 AM
BH ultimate is the most important to add, as that slaughters new players

Drasha
04-03-2010, 03:33 AM
BH ultimate is the most important to add, as that slaughters new players
its in there :P

i am going to make a second pass to get stuff like mesmerism soon i am not looking for stuff like hammers ult or torturer ult but things that fit the bill like bh ult or accurseds ult where you need to know some thing to stop them from being super over powered.

yyr_
04-03-2010, 04:04 AM
My fail :D nice post tho drasha :D

Neru
04-03-2010, 09:51 AM
"Teammates of Chronos are also frozen inside the field unless Chronos has Staff of the Master"

Also with engineers ultimate if you run out of the boundaries you take an extra 100 damage I think?

Also I'd say writing some mechanics about Voodoo's Cursed Ground and Soulreapers ultimate would be benificial.

Drasha
04-03-2010, 10:03 AM
"Teammates of Chronos are also frozen inside the field unless Chronos has Staff of the Master"

Also with engineers ultimate if you run out of the boundaries you take an extra 100 damage I think?

Also I'd say writing some mechanics about Voodoo's Cursed Ground and Soulreapers ultimate would be benificial.
I wanted to keep the entire thing simple and quick to read so excluding things like stom effects and exact numbers made sense.

I am also trying to limit it to abilities that you can do some thing about for instance you can not walk into tempest's ult or run to other units when you see swift blade. You can't really do some thing to avoid soulreapers ult though it does fall in the same gray zone as legos ult.

you can also click on the images now to get a much large more detailed version.

Neru
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
AH h'ok, I just realised I neglected to mention my approval of the page, its overall very well done with pretty much the main "confusing" skills there. If you can read this without feeling patronised: Well done :P

runesword54
04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/heroes/103/icon_128.jpg and the potentially devastating stun duration
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/heroes/44/icon_128.jpg Scout and his ulti marker on your head
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/heroes/121/icon_128.jpg And how her pewpew ulti can be stopped with a stun

Headbus
04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Defiler ult should be up there for sure, and Voodoo Jesters cursed ground and ult. They both need to be explained.

YeahVeryeah
04-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Armadon's stacking spines? Newbs are scared when they see 'em go off the first time, but then they go right on back to autoattacking creeps when they see it do next to no damage. Advise them to stay back until the charges wear off or he runs out of mana.

YawningAngel
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Mentioning that WS/Pyro/DW can blow you up would be a good idea.