PDA

View Full Version : Counter to a fully fed Chronos?

iwillendyou
03-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Just curious what would be a good counter to a fully fed Chronos (1on1) as the current patch stands.

pk_thunder
03-19-2010, 10:44 PM
a zeph with mock + behemoth heart + charged hammer + Symbol of Rage + 2 doombringers that don't drop on death

otherwise nothing

LuckyStar
03-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Panda.... with Puzzlebox. Mmmmmmmm

Okuu
03-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Zephyr

That's it
An other solution is to concede, he's op

n98714123340
03-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Get the surprise onto Chronos instead of chronos getting the surprise on you. Stun's are effective as are Void Talisman's and Barbed Armor.

pwnz0r123
03-19-2010, 10:49 PM
succu's smitten

painkiller`
03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Any chain stunner/disabler will do the trick. I've personally never played Chronos (he seems too boring), but he feels like a heavy damage output machine who depends too much on his disables/blink to survive.

A farmed Pandamonium can easily stunlock him and kill him 1v1. Flick + Cannon-ball + 2 auto-attacks + Face Smash + Flurry = Dead Chronos.

pk_thunder
03-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Get the surprise onto Chronos instead of chronos getting the surprise on you. Stun's are effective as are Void Talisman's and Barbed Armor.
do you know what fully farmed :chro: = ?
That's like EP + Runed Axe + Symbol of Rage + Wingbow + Charged Hammer + Steamboots...

blueseph
03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
EP + Runed Axe + Symbol of Rage + Wingbow + Charged Hammer + Steamboots

=[..

tanis1
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
the counter is to not 1v1 a fully farmed chronos.

Mr_Slonmisky
03-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Succubus's smitten and Corrupted Disciple's Corrupted Conduit

Oh look at that base damage giving to me

(but srsly, this ain't the thing for countering chronos but it werks)

03-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Just curious what would be a good counter to a fully fed Chronos (1on1) as the current patch stands.

You don't let him get fully fed.

If it was 1 vs 1 and I was chronos, depending on my opponent I might actually get a restoration stone.

10 second chronofield = guaranteed death

1 on 1 i'd prob skip the axe..

More like

parasite, savage mace, steamboots, doombringer, behemoth's heart, restoration stone.

Note that I'd never get a restoration stone outside of 1 vs 1 (the only reason I'd get it here is again.. it's a full 10 second disable against a single opponent, that's a guaranteed kill every time), and I wouldn't get a symbol of rage if I have a parasite... Life steal doesn't stack

And how the hell does a 1 vs 1 get to the point where a chronos can farm 30K worth of items?

Oh, and because you said fully farmed.. Im assuming you can't jump him and surprise him. Because he doesn't need to farm anymore so he can just wait for you, chronofield you twice and destroy you.

Maybe get like 10 flying couriers w/ mana brain + codex and zap him 10 times

TKDSUSDK
03-20-2010, 12:18 AM
There is no counter to a fully decked out Chronos. He is the strongest late game carry for a reason. The only counter to him is to get the jump on him and kill him first while disabling him the entire time. If you are 1v1ing or something then all he has to do at that point is sit around and wait for you to show up then chronosphere and kill you.

wala
03-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Agreed. It is important that your team initiates as hopefully he won't get a optimal ult off. You want to stunlock him and take him out quickly, as even when silenced, he can deal damage while stunning/stealing agility. Unload your nukes on him, as he is still low hp. Void and barbed are great as his blink+ult should give you time to activate it. Remember to keep a stunner to disable chronos, and possibly use tablet to get people out.

arieLOL
03-20-2010, 12:30 AM
a fully farmed puppet could kill him in disables but would need the jump, a fully farmed DL could do it to provided she got the jump

the easiest way to counter a farmed chronos in a regular game is a pyro with a port key, make sure to stay out of his chrono, port in and gib him when he hits his EP

MotleyFOOL
03-20-2010, 03:05 AM
One on one anything that can stun lock long enough to bring him down.

In team fights you have to keep stuns or burst DPS out of his chronosphere and avoid grouping half your team into it. A good Chronos is always going to land his sphere unless he really screws up...so the best defense is just to stay staggered correctly -- beefy stuff at the front and sides, squishy things with stuns at the back. If he blinks into a group expecting it and tries to pick off the rear he'll probably get stunlocked and bursted down by a competent team.

Harmonium
03-20-2010, 03:07 AM
ragequit

ImASurgeon
03-20-2010, 03:10 AM
:corr: - l0lz whatz that ch0nos, im hitting 400 damage on you? wha?
:succ: - l0lzz what r dat chrnos? i juzt mad3 u wast3 your ult?

^
If they pick Chronos, you pick one of them.

Otherwise, stick with BP or BD.

man_guy
03-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Everyone on your team chains sheepstick.

DeShawnBrown
03-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Get everyone on your team to but a level 5 codex and instajib Chronos.

Each codex does 600 after magic resist so 600*5=3000
I doubt that Chronos will have more than 3k hp.

Oh **** I just realized that you are talking about 1v1

Be Pyro with 4 Codex Couriers.

RogerDodger
03-20-2010, 03:41 AM
:Codex:

Beastica
03-20-2010, 03:54 AM
:mage:+:FrostwolfsSkull:

brownymaster
03-20-2010, 04:00 AM
barbed armor, void tailsman, tablet of command, stormspirit, and a farmed counter carry.

Wonderfail
03-20-2010, 04:06 AM
:dark::pand: are only heroes I can think of that can take chronos 1v1.

quirknessity
03-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Succubus for smitten or build tank CD. THe problem with both is if you're fighting a 1v1, you'll lose to them via pushing power unless it's a Mid-only game. Choose your fights. Vs chronos 1v1 is almost impossible.

Skull4er
03-20-2010, 07:30 AM
succubus or panda with puzzlebox and barbed armor for the time after your disables.
otherwise: never let a chronos farm 30k gold wtf. what are you doing in a 1v1? jungling?

Puchi
03-20-2010, 08:17 AM
CC, if u dont have a equally feed Zephyr/DL or alike... 2-3 kuldra will get the jobb done

YawningAngel
03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Be panda.

runesword54
03-20-2010, 08:26 AM
the counter is to not 1v1 a fully farmed chronos.
but cronos still works well in 5 vs 5.

CheshireCat
03-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Fully fed pollywog priest.

Panda with puzzlebox.

S_SienZ
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
The moment chronos is fed, you've basically already lost anyway...

Jofarin
03-20-2010, 12:18 PM
but cronos still works well in 5 vs 5.
Not if smitten...
Really easy test: Opponents have Chronos -> you take succubus. If you play her right (meaning you stay back till he jumps in), he can even jump in, make his bubble and then you just can smitten him and he will most of the time do nothing anymore. Well not nothing exactly, he will still anoy and stun, but he won't deal lots of dmg anymore and you still have the options to mesmerize one and succuhold another opponent.

Softclocks
03-20-2010, 01:11 PM
You either get the jump and stunlock him to death, or you need some more direct counters. CD can wear down his auto-attack damage with corrupted conduit or Succubus could take it down a notch with smitten.

etspaceman
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
You are asking for a counter to a fully farmed carry?

Don't let him farm?

Snowshadow1
03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
just tested it in testmode

full inv swift vs full inv chronos, and full inv tdl vs full inv chronos.
No skills: swift > chronos > tdl
With skills: (fight start when u see each other) tdl > chronos > swift
(fight start with a blink) chronos > tdl > swift

something like that.

pyrated
03-20-2010, 02:51 PM
get a lot of sheepsticks and spread out

pyrated
03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
oh, 1v1, who cares

Juke
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Almost any "fully farmed chronos" will be decked out in damage upping items, with little to no survivability. His healing skill seems pretty OP in terms of survivability, but it's really only powerful if he's beating out characters and letting the heal finish after a fight. If the damage is sustained it pretty much just negates a single one of your attacks, that's it.

Harkons blade beats agi carries, because it negates all that armor. Disabler + strong harkon carry should be able to beat out chronos pretty easy as long as they get the jump. Let's assume this hero is just as fed (because if not, Chronos is winning because you fed him, the end, there's no reason you SHOULD be able to counter him). Puppet with Harkons Blade, Sheepstick, Elder Parasite, Charged Hammer, Boots, and Sin Shroud (or resto stone for longer disables). Rule #1 is you NEED to get the jump on him. Stay out of range and puppet show, EP, smack smack, sheepstick, ult, smack doll, smack doll, smack teeth. If he's not dead, you're doing something wrong. That's 2 whiplashes for sure, and some charged hammer procs. You can just root him then too, but he can always put his ult ontop of you while you're strung, so that's not the best disable to go with.

Alondite2
03-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah...no. You're never going to get the jump on a Chronos who is farmed and on a competent team, b/c they'll continually be pushing/warding/forcing you into a teamfight where Chronos will just wipe 1-2 characters instantly with ult.

I mean the only way to "get the jump on him" is if you bring like 2-3 chain stunners and start looking for him, hoping that he's alone...which probably will only happen if he's doing something retarded like jungling on your side or something.

The alternative is for everyone on your team to have something he can do to screw up Chronos in his ult, but...the rest of his team is still there.

Marylinn
03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Voodoo Jester's stun makes his ult basically worthless. If you stun him as he's in it, (You need to avoid it, so be aware of where you position yourself) it pretty much shuts down the "EP+rape" tactic, which takes away tons of his utility.

Didiuz
03-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Deadwood. Played a game 5v5 our chronos was feeded like hell but when we were gonna do teamfight he popped in and did ulti then deadwood came from nowhere grasped and killed him several times was quite annoying tbh.

Sniffle
03-20-2010, 05:06 PM
could you just have someone outside of his ult just sheep him, so he can't rape your team

03-20-2010, 07:42 PM
:BarbedArmor::devo:

Kaelillidan
03-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Succubus + Soul Reaper

SilentSage
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Voodoo Jester's stun makes his ult basically worthless. If you stun him as he's in it, (You need to avoid it, so be aware of where you position yourself) it pretty much shuts down the "EP+rape" tactic, which takes away tons of his utility.

This seems quite viable....I shall try this one time

laserblade
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Charged Hammer the ult'd victim or Tablet Command Chronos out of ult and stun him.

_blomman
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
:BarbedArmor: ?

MABManZ
03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
:KuldrasSheepstick:

Barbed armor is risky because he will just start raping someone else, or he will simply outlast the self-damage due to lifesteal or rewind.

Electroid
03-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Any chain stunner/disabler will do the trick. I've personally never played Chronos (he seems too boring), but he feels like a heavy damage output machine who depends too much on his disables/blink to survive.

A farmed Pandamonium can easily stunlock him and kill him 1v1. Flick + Cannon-ball + 2 auto-attacks + Face Smash + Flurry = Dead Chronos.

you do realized we mean a FULLY fed chronos this means he'll have wingbow and all this other ****, that 1 little panda gimick wont' stop him, your face smash attacks have the chance to miss OR rewind and all of your other abilities he has the chance to rewind, he can blink in between flurries to.

sQuibba
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM
panda with several codex

Zekkei
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
i used swift and really got him pwned even in lategame try it

Powster
03-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Elder Parasite, Charged Hammer, Savage Mace, Life Token, Shrunken Head, Harkons blade... and ult whoever is the most dangerous on there team even if its just 1 person... Fully farmed puppet for example can destroy a chronos pretty easily.. but just put him in the ult then hes dead lol and its 5 vs 4

GRAGTHUL
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
I love pwning EM-chronoses by buying barbed armor and chronos dies in 3 secs.

jol1nar1
03-21-2010, 10:32 AM
:scou: equally skilled and farmed.
silence + disarm > :ElderParasite: + chronofield + passive
since core scout build is runed axe and chrono is parasite, bigger late game farming potential goes to :scou:.

iBringer
03-21-2010, 10:42 AM
U guys know what fully farmed means right? bkb.
Basically.. no counter. Equally farmed zeph would still get raped.

actually post above me makes a point. Scout is capable of it.

destr0y
03-21-2010, 10:53 AM
scout is actually imo best carry. Silence then have 1 nullfire and 5 doombringers.

ImmaPwnYou
03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Witch Slayer. With Harkon's Blade, Sheepstick, Doombringer and some atk speed items.

Just stun him before he Chronofields you.

Chain stun + ~500 pure dmg per hit = dead Chronos.

Oh and yes I did this once. Only without the Doombringer.

Hax
03-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Just stun him before he Chronofields you.

YES! Because Chronos doesn't have blink, which means that he will get first hit in almost every fight.

Softclocks
03-21-2010, 12:35 PM
YES! Because Chronos doesn't have blink, which means that he will get first hit in almost every fight.

Yeah! Immapwnyou probably planned on opening with an auto-attack and not a stun. Right? RIGHT?

ForTheSwarm
03-21-2010, 01:52 PM
courier + mock, codex5, sac stone, etc.

ImmaPwnYou
03-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah! Immapwnyou probably planned on opening with an auto-attack and not a stun. Right? RIGHT?
Ay no. Get a invi rune or a Valkyrie in your team or a Assasins Shroud ;).

Open with Graveyard, auto atk ~2 times (depending on your atk speed), mini him, auto attack ~3 times (again depending on atk speed), sheepstick him, auto attack. Dead. Can be fun to do the last 30 hp with your ulti.

WindRaven
03-21-2010, 02:07 PM
There wasn't a counter to a fully fed chronos BEFORE he got buffed/reworked. That's what "hardest carry in the game" means.

Quickfix
03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
:KuldrasSheepstick: For long disable

:soulr: For half-life instant kill.

F9
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
:witc:

xoduz
03-21-2010, 03:01 PM
^
no.

chronos should always catch the disablers in his sphere killling them in 2 seconds.

Danielvutran
03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Ay no. Get a invi rune or a Valkyrie in your team or a Assasins Shroud ;).

Open with Graveyard, auto atk ~2 times (depending on your atk speed), mini him, auto attack ~3 times (again depending on atk speed), sheepstick him, auto attack. Dead. Can be fun to do the last 30 hp with your ulti.

Okay.. witch slayer cannot kill a GOOD chronos. His leap + sphere range = 1750 at LEAST, lol. And your farthest stun is what, 600 - 700? And your little "invis" scenario of getting a rune or using valkyrie, it goes both ways. What if Chronos has those things? lol. Now you're just making "...if this happens then it will work!" scenarios.

My personal counter would be 3 behemoth hearts, barbed armor, portal key, and sheep stick

if he blinks in to ult you, you activate barbed armor (realistically), he'll end up killing himself if he keeps attacking you, so he'll stop lol, when its over and he keeps attacking you, sheep stick him, and blink away.

it will always lead to a draw. esp since his ult has such a high cool down somewhat (in a 1v1.)

Liang`
03-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I was once a fully-farmed Chronos with enough extra money for 4 consecutive buybacks.

We still won the game, but during team fights, I had to make sure that I killed the enemy team's Pyromancer + Witch Slayer, because apparantly one of them had an SotM and the other had a resto stone.

MADD411
03-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Wildsoul...
ptreads,bfly,savage,geo, frost, basher on wild
ptreads savage mock demonic frost geo on bear

lol up on chronos

_1zabest
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Backdoor :scou:

Softclocks
03-21-2010, 11:47 PM
^
no.

chronos should always catch the disablers in his sphere killling them in 2 seconds.

So we are to assume that chronos gets any disabler first then? If we're going to assume that any carry gets a couple of free shots in, then quite a few would be unbeatable.

What people seem consider a counter to chronos is getting him before he gets you. Hence why they are listing disablers. If we suddenly feel like adding the stipulation "Chronos must hit with chronosphere first lulz" then it quickly becomes impossible.

Thysios
03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
:VoidTalisman:

BarneyGumbal
03-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Jera's ult?

Unless he's a really good Chronos.

SilverStars
03-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Hmm, 1v1? You're screwed.

:KuldrasSheepstick:

Barbed armor is risky because he will just start raping someone else, or he will simply outlast the self-damage due to lifesteal or rewind.

Perhaps (unlikely, but it might work):
Add legionnaire with fast reactions to port-barbed-taunt as soon as he enters. Fully farmed chronos = lots of damage, right? Elder parasite means 1.04 times damage returns. Add that to Legionnaire's autoattack (it does some damage, right?) and whirling blade and decapitate (did it go through old chronos' rewind? Just curious) and Legionnaire's tanky items as opposed to pure damage items on Chronos (which work against him) and that basically cancels out the effect of rewind and lifesteal.

Roidrage
03-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Vindicator Silence after leap. Permastun = death... assrape the rest of the team.

MABManZ
03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Vindicator Silence after leap. Permastun = death... assrape the rest of the team.

Correct

:vind: + :VoidTalisman: + :KuldrasSheepstick:

Aray
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
kill yourself

Togashi
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Zeph + mock = win. Haha. If I had a nickel for every time a chronos dropped an ult on me and then had to run after he realized he was losing hp faster than me, I could buy a small candy bar...

KissMyHook
03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Best/cheapest counter to absolutely any farmed carry is puppet master.Just assassin shrould next to him ulti right next to him,make him atack the puppet,perss h and spam the chat with IM SO PRO.Since puppet show doesnt kill units hes just gonna keep hiting that shet.No carry can survive that.

Lyxdesia
03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Succubus rapes him. Make her stay back when he ultis then she just ults him

ReloaD1010
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
fully fed chronos is counterable with a fully fed soul stealer with more hands than chronos

Jayrod
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Deadwood can grasp him from well outside of his bubble provided he doesnt get trapped in there. This usually means he only get a swing or two off... As for killing him you need to focus him down hard as one person wont cut it dpsing through rewind.

I also see people use tablet of command to push allies our or take away a few second of dps from him by pushing him out. Tablet also works on the FA sitting outside raping your team. Chronos is tough to stop because he is so easy to farm on with his superior early game damage. Pushing teams should have no trouble against chronos, but pushing requires a level of organization you cant expect out of a pug.

The hope in a pub game is to find at least one person smart enough to roam with you to take him out.. probably takes 2 disablers or he just blinks away and wastes your time.

Fortunately for you, most of the people you'll come across aren't all that great at playing hard carries. Even some players I consider better than me are pretty poor at hard carrying. It takes a different frame of mind and while one person might just land all his pyro stuns perfectly, they might also be guilty of stand offs at mid-tower rather than finding time to farm. Basically against most pub chronos' you have an extra 5 to even 15 minutes extra to cripple him since theyre so bad at farming and probably dont get every last hit in a wave.

Jykinturah
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
There are several ways you can attempt to stop Chronos.

One method that I have seen that almost worked was using a :nigh: and a stunner of some kind. Night hound would cloud him, thereby silencing him and the stunner will stun him within the cloud to maximize the time spent silenced. Your team can then focus him down pretty easily. Of course, a very, very fed Chronos will be very hard to kill, and his rewind is the most annoying thing ever next to :blac:'s multicast.

Another method that could work is using :vind: who has the fastest reflexes ever seen.

On good method that I have seen used successfully is to have a nuker/disabler like :succ: :witc: :poll: :behe: stay out of the team and disable Chronos as he attempts to attack people in the sphere. Portal key is something I strongly recommend. Yes, portal key on Pollywog and Succubus, getting a ninja grasp in the trees will make it very hard for the other team to react.

Besides that, just gank him early and often. I have seen many Chronos' beaten by a surprise gank in the forest, especially in pub games where 'ward' is a foreign word.

I have seen Sandwraith out carry Chronos before. Of course, we ganked Chronos like crazy, too.

Aiscence
03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Take pyro, farm it before he can farm himself, yeah.

Enfinkurwa
03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
I was on a casual 5v5 game where I didn't really care, at the end everyone except me (chronos) and the enemy hellbringer had left. Hellbringer had harkons and barbed armor, so when I leaped him he (with his op reflexes) activated barbed, doted and lifevoided me then when barbed came to an end he'd put his ulti on me, then if I survived that I just couldn't be able to kill him inside my bubble and then he just killed me.

Varbe
03-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I was on a casual 5v5 game where I didn't really care, at the end everyone except me (chronos) and the enemy hellbringer had left. Hellbringer had harkons and barbed armor, so when I leaped him he (with his op reflexes) activated barbed, doted and lifevoided me then when barbed came to an end he'd put his ulti on me, then if I survived that I just couldn't be able to kill him inside my bubble and then he just killed me.

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=33233839

?

Jayrod
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Ive killed a farmed chronos like this too, but the problem is, chronos has the advantage in that situation. Ive done it exactly this way too because the chronos was so predictable, as soon as I see him flying towards me I activated my barbed. Its the same idea as using accursed's ulti. If you see an electrician running towards you or something pop it early and survive the stun at full health then try to escape.

kuroYMT
03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
spread out and try to make sure a disabler is out of vision, so he can cc chrono when he ults in. Try toget items like tablet of command or totem of kuldra to mess with him.

WSLaFleur
03-22-2010, 09:49 PM
A fully farmed Pandamonium.

berlinbaobao
03-23-2010, 05:40 PM
jeraziah or vindicator with sick reaction time

Killstealing
03-23-2010, 05:57 PM
succy which isn't stupid and stays allll the way back to CC
or hellbringer with refresher, ridiculous stuns all around

SykoAzn
03-23-2010, 08:32 PM
tempest ult wins all

Dark`Templar
03-26-2010, 04:41 AM
guys the real asnwer is this to win against a fully farmed chronos.
http://www.haisentito.it/img/_Chuck-Norris.jpg
one round house kick, its all over, nuff said, gg, lolz

Politix
03-26-2010, 05:11 AM
dark lady can silence and then team rapes him, silenced hes nothing.

bowlopho
03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
vindi that can silence once chronos blinks into battle. avoid him putting up bubble and everyone smashes him.

uluk
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
mass disables>everything else

NinjaMikee
04-01-2010, 02:08 AM
i'd say a your team is screwed but there was a time when bh just kept silenceing him in team fights and he couldn't bubble then predator would rape him senseless if your gunna nuke chronos make sure you have annother nuked on him right after cause i garuentte you that his rewind is gunna kick in

Lukas
04-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Slither.

JailbaitKing
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
The concede button

Nasty``
04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
2-3 sheepsticks in your team wins, spread out fer sure

Tiago
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Fully fed sco0t

iwillendyou
04-02-2010, 01:00 AM
pointless bump was pointless. chronos is significantly weaker now.

KeNtInO
04-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Pray to God, then rage quit

parasayou
04-02-2010, 05:25 AM
team work could....uhmm

WORK