:tort:Tortureor
:andr:Andromeda

vs

:nymp:Nymph (me)
:hell:Warlock
:legi:Legionare
:succ:Succubus
:poll:Pollywog

So im thinking, we have been outdrawn. We have no carry, and they have a silences and stuns galore.

Then im thinking, of our heros the only one that *could* carry really would be Nymph. So I built all carry items and took alot of stats before teleport and mana rejuv and in the end carried the game for a win.

But my teammates thought it was all wrong and I was the worse nymph ever etc etc nerd rage blah blah blah.

So how would you have played it? Is a carry Nymph build really feasible?

pyrated
03-01-2010, 02:11 AM
yeah, it can work, mainly because of the attack speed from zeal

it's not uncommon to see people get charged hammer on nymph as a luxury item. Works very well with a fast attack speed

I don't think elder parasite is a good idea on nymph though. Ever

Magnets1
03-01-2010, 03:01 AM
I've seen nymph carry, and pollywog carry. Only works well if you are playing against people well below your skill level really.

Liang`
03-01-2010, 03:03 AM
The best carry on your team would be "Warlock" (aka. Hellbringer). Grab shield breaker and a harkons on him and you've got yourself a machine.

awayish`
03-01-2010, 03:07 AM
nymph farms much faster than hb and has a better dps skill.

she can carry, but you'd need some cc to support her dps. it's pretty unreliable dps as well if you are relying on zeal to hit people/creep. should get a puzzlebox after your thunderclaw for more reliable fight presence.

Faulkner
03-01-2010, 03:09 AM
I do it all the time on my smurf accounts. My build:

Pod
Grace
Pod
Grace
Pod
Teleport
Pod
Grace
Zeal
Zeal
Zeal
Zeal
Grace/Stats/Teleport in whatever order, depending on team composition, game state, and items you've built so far.

My build goes:
Opening: +3 int, Pretender's Crown, 2x Minor Totems, 1x Healing Potion and Mana Potion or 3rd Totem(Depending on Lane partner and lane assignment)
Buy a Mana Battery in lane
Buy Boots
Finish Supply and Talisman of Exile
Finish Steamboots, start on Frostburn OR buy 1200 Gold +200/+150 item (Depending on how your game is going)
Finish Frostburn, Glowstone, Blessed Orb -> Skadi's
Then I build Rift Shards
From there I usually branch out--generally I like to go for Symbol of Rage (Small investment for 20 damage and 5 armor, plus Nymph can kill stacks well), sometimes I grab Charged Hammer or Doombringer.

If my early game is exceptional (I end up >300gpm and a level or two above the opposing team) I'll rush a Whispering Helm to stack with.

The basic game plan is to play normally during laning phase. After laning, abuse your Teleport skill to pick up tons of farm. You can farm slightly less well than Soulstealer with BoTs, but without the 2200 gold investment.

Hope this helped!

Faulkner
03-01-2010, 03:10 AM
The best carry on your team would be "Warlock" (aka. Hellbringer). Grab shield breaker and a harkons on him and you've got yourself a machine.

Grab shield breaker and a harkons on him and you've got yourself a machine.

Grab shield breaker and a harkons on him

shield breaker and a harkons

Amazing.

a_newbie
03-01-2010, 03:15 AM
hell bringer makes the best carry outa those picks tbh. life void would help keep him alive while increasing his damage once he gets harkons and charged hammer. and barbed armor will help him deter people from focusing him.

Quickfix
03-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Nothing says, "Please do one shot me now," like having a Doombringer on Nymphora. From what I've seen of mostly average or unsuccessful builds, carry Nymphora tries to boost her attack speed before her damage so that it stacks after she gets charges from Zeal

arcainic
03-01-2010, 03:17 AM
shieldbreaker and harkons does not stack... so why?

awayish`
03-01-2010, 03:18 AM
nymph carries way better than hb for a team that needs a big dps source. hb's survivability and 40% lifeleech are nice, but he can't farm much. nymph is the best hard farm carry out of those heroes.

RainbowRush
03-01-2010, 03:21 AM

Yeah 2 Items that cant synergise with each other and don't stack with each other. GOOD JOB!

Mindfucked1
03-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah 2 Items that cant synergise with each other and don't stack with each other. GOOD JOB!
true, but the point about the best carry was right :P
of this lineup warlock was the one that could carrie the best.
especially with harkons+charged+(fast mock).
well, it is unlikely that a warlock can farm that without the game ends.

P.S in a normal pub game around 1500-1600 can every hero carrie if played correctly (and the enemy team does not farm like mad and or get feeded)

awayish`
03-01-2010, 03:54 AM
that point is wrong as well. nymph can get a book3 much faster than hb, and if you are not going that route, her farm with infinite heal spam + thunderclaw autos gives you a lot of items. it's just that she's squishy and needs good group fight cc to not get squashed and actually do damage.

Loef
03-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Going Harkons+Shivas on Hellbringer would have been an option aswell.
What was the game ID? Would be interesting to see how the game went.

arieLOL
03-01-2010, 05:42 AM
I did a charged hammer + savage mace battle nymph the other day and tore the enemy team up. even though I died a few times early. Like as soon as I got the thunderclaw I was golden. I also thinks nymphs one of the best gankers if you do ti right, so you gotta be ganking the other teams carries to hold them down via your ult.

RAMON17739
03-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Ok, I did everyone a favor and searched his game out. http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=29598744
Its amazing that you went 3-5 on nymph on a 3v5 game. :rolleyes:
Also, HB was only behind 10 creeps from you, and if he wasn't tard enough and went harkons instead of codex he would have been a better carry.

pyrated
03-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Amazing.

hahah yeah

the two most mutually exclusive items EVER

jay`t
03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
that team you had should have just pushed

EspritFort
03-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I think this kind of stopped to be constructive. I hope you don't mind.