PDA

View Full Version : Melee carries

Spankert
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi,
I have played around 300 games of HoN now (this account and another) and I know how the game works. Still I have some problems with playing a melee carry, like magebane, chronos and dark lady. I'm not a huge noob with them, but with ranged heroes I can keep control of the group fights. But when I play a melee carry I don't really know when to go in and go out and most of the time I lose control :S
Do you guys have some advice for melee heroes / carries? :)

TreeHorse
02-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Madman- 28939098 (Features two Annihilations... one after the concede though)
Chronos- 28590346
Chronos- 28208819
Swiftblade- 28193200

A few examples of successful carry games I've played recently. Of course I had my obligatory stupid deaths (Trying to 3v1 slither/pharaoh/hammerstorm with Chronos was fun), but by that point it didn't matter.

I should have bought Shrunken Head both games with Chronos but like I said... it didn't matter at that point.

You can get an idea of how to farm up, lane, and when to engage by watching these.

Spankert
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM

A few examples of successful carry games I've played recently. Of course I had my obligatory stupid deaths (Trying to 3v1 slither/pharaoh/hammerstorm with Chronos was fun), but by that point it didn't matter.

I should have bought Shrunken Head both games with Chronos but like I said... it didn't matter at that point.

You can get an idea of how to farm up, lane, and when to engage by watching these.

ok thnx, ill take a look at those :)

TreeHorse
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
The game against Pharaoh was interesting...he was on a Bloodbath against my teammates.

Always remember the key to a successful carry is his team's ability to survive in his absence.

Extreme_Cake
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Totally disagree. The key to a successful carry is to outfarm their team so horribly that you completely and utterly screw them.

akitoes
02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Totally disagree. The key to a successful carry is to outfarm their team so horribly that you get raxed.
fyp
this is what treehorse meant I guess

Scripture1
02-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Totally disagree. The key to a successful carry is to outfarm their team so horribly that you completely and utterly screw them. Also, WTF were you doing Kirby? Surely a mock/sac stone/frostfield build would be better for carrying on elect?

This basically ties into what TreeHorse mentioned.

If your team cant survive in your absence you cant farm.
If your team can survive in your absence you can farm.

I would just work at improving your farming abilities and remember to communicate.

Edward
02-27-2010, 10:49 AM
the key to playing a carry is last hitting and building your hero properly.

also, most pubs will rage at you for farming, even when you have chronos, but you have to just ignore them.

Honestly, it's just beyond me why pubs think that it is all about pushing when the current metagame is about who farms the most. Just carry a TP and go defend when they're getting your rax. seriously. i can't count the amount of times my team raged at me, I finished my base build, got out of the jungle/lane and raped the other team on the first battle.

Here are some IDs:

29064941 - Me as armadon, if you watch from my perspective you'll see the team raging at me for jungling. I come out once, rape them, funny as hell. It was an interesting game because I actually had a full invenctory by the end, and could two hit puppet master lol.

29053413 - Chronos, really hard game but managed to carry. You might see some failure from me (I think this was the game I was bloodlust) but that's just because the anti stuck system sucks big time when you're trying to blink in the forest.

29014825 - zephyr, team raging, me farming, I get out of the jungle, Quad kill. lol.

28855549 - magebane, tough game.

28670049 - madman, sort of an easy game.

well, i'll stop now, tell me if you want more.