PDA

View Full Version : Scout Reworking

Ryno2112
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
THi sis first and foremost, NOT a QQ thread. My view is not that Scout is amazing or that he needs a nerf. Instead, I believe that scout is made to fit a niche that really has no use in DotA/HoN. He appears good to new players because he goes on huge killing sprees picking off stragglers after team fights and invising to get away, but tbhm,t hat's all he can do. Therefore, I propose we rework him.

as is, he has an invis, free wards, crit/evasion, and his ult. I believe his wards and his invis are two things that should stay, that leaves his cri/evasion and his ult. Here's what I propose instead

REMINDER: All numbers, percentages, etc can be changed. Please keep this in mind.

Replacement for crit/evasion:

Booby Trap

Mana cost: 100/80/70/60
Cool Down: 50/40/30/20
Description: Scout is able to lay 5/7/9/12 traps at a time. The trap, when activated, damages for 100/150/200/250 in an AoE and slows by 10%/15%/20%/25% in an AoE for 2/3/3/4 seconds

Comments: Yes, this is an adaptation of Lanaya's ult. The idea here is to give scout a nice team worthy ability without getting away from his theme.

Replacement for ult:

Gun or Dagger?

Mana Cost: 0
Cool Down: 0
Description: Scout may choose to use his gun or his Daggers. When using daggers, Scout has a 10%/15%/20% to do 2X damage and does an extra 25% of his Agility in damage when attacking from behind. His base damage is higher and his base attack speed is increased by 10/20/30. When using hig gun, Scout's attack is ranged (700 ranged attack) has a 10%/15%/20% chance to ministun the target for .1 seconds and inflict 70/105/140 damage to the target.

Comments: This will make scout a killer. this will also make him useful as his ranged attack will help chase and stop channeling with the ministun.

I think adding these changes will make Scout more useful, moving him to more of a support than a killer, though leaving him with the ability to kill. His ability to stealth everywhere while throwing up wards and traps will make him a sort of techies/gangker/carry hybrid. His traps will be able to slow, his ranged attack will be able to prevent TPing out, and his melee attack allows him to get kills.

FracaDePub
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
nerf??? he is a terrible hero

Ryno2112
08-05-2009, 07:00 PM
nerf??? he is a terrible hero

wow... first it takes more than a few seconds to read my post, second you didn't even read the first line which said this isn't a qq or a nerf him plz thread. what a failbot.

Forgot10
08-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I think it may make him slightly too powerful.. or maybe not. I think hes fine as he is currently being a quick moving, heavy damaging, runner sniping, ghost in the background. The new set would make him into a complete carry. Now he can slow, run faster in stealth, chase and stealth crit + agi dmg.. and then later become unstoppable.

Plus im sure they wanted him close to bounty hunter anyway. Replacing BH's track with Sniper's assassination in DoTa would have been unthinkable, but it is done here and works to a somewhat healthy degree

Solmors
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I disagree. He can be useful for more than KSing or cleanup if not built like ****.

Your suggestions could make an interesting hero, but put it on a new guy.

KorbenDallas
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I like the changes man, much less annoying and can actually contribute rather than running around aimlessly.

Ryno2112
08-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I disagree. He can be useful for more than KSing or cleanup if not built like ****.

Your suggestions could make an interesting hero, but put it on a new guy.

The only useful thing about scout is that he makes it so you don't have to buy wards. Otherwise he's a generic invis melee hero, with no real support to team fights and doesn't really excel at 1v1 either though that's all he has.

Forgot10
08-05-2009, 08:52 PM
His invis cools before its over, meaning you can be pretty much permanently invisible. His eyes provide him easy ulting distance if you use him right. Not to mention his ult deals massive dmg, cools down quick, and slows units.

If you think hes useless .. youre just really bad

Ryno2112
08-05-2009, 09:02 PM
His invis cools before its over, meaning you can be pretty much permanently invisible. His eyes provide him easy ulting distance if you use him right. Not to mention his ult deals massive dmg, cools down quick, and slows units.

If you think hes useless .. youre just really bad

you're just plain wrong. A good player can outplay a scout with Swiftblade, night hound, moon queen, The Dark lady, Sven, and so forth. The problem is, scout relies too much on stealth, and some dust completely blows his game. A sven can stun and severely out damage him. swiftblade's ult does much much much more damage, please he has a heal, blade fury which gives him spell immunity, and his crit is straight up better than Scout's. Dark Lady has a blink, a silence, a slow, and an ult that helps the entire team.

I don't need to go on. As far as one on one, he's very sub par. The only thing that give shim an edge one on one is his crit and evasion, which gives him barely anything.

His ult, while slowing a great deal and being a decent nuke, is only that, a decent nuke. It's damage doesn't scale and isn't upgradeable, so when late game roles around, you suddenly see scout being a lot less useful.

In competitive play, scout will be the least picked unit just because he offers nothing to his team besides wards, and take away a slot that could be used to pick a carry or a gangker who offers more than free wards to the team.

No, my skill level has nothign to do with scout's usefulness to the team, your inexperience in DotA and HoN is what's affecting your view on whether scout is useful or not. As I said, he looks good to new players, but to those who know the fundamentals and more of competitive and team play, he's a very useless hero and sub par at 1v1.

Forgot10
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Well looks like i cant convince you either, though im sure youd get laughed at calling bounty hunter useless in dota. Whatever though