PDA

View Full Version : Scout's Disarm - Making It More Reliable and Balanced

NoobishNoob
02-23-2010, 10:28 AM
CURRENT:

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/heroes/44/ability3_128.jpgDisarm

The Scout's mastery of close range combat allows him to occasionally disarm an opponent, then take advantage of the opening with a devastating attack.

10 / 15 / 20 / 25% chance to disarm opponent for 1 seconds and deal a 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2.0x critical strike.

Once disarmed, opponents cannot be disarmed again by the scout for 2 seconds.

-------------------------

We all know Scout's rigged ability that allowed him to quickly dispatch anyone when he's lucky thanks to continuous crits and Flurry. Even tanks could be dispatched quickly thanks to it.

However, the luck chance crit isn't reliable at all, and there are many situations where it never procced at all where you really needed it instead of lasthitting someone.

That's why, I suggest something that helps Disarm be more reliable as well as more balanced.

-------------------------

SUGGESTED:

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/heroes/44/ability3_128.jpg Disarm

The Scout's mastery of close range combat allows him to disarm an opponent, then take advantage of the opening with a devastating attack.

Gains a charge every 3 seconds. Up to 1/2/3/4 Charges can be present at a time.

Each Charge grants 25% bonus damage and an additional Disarm duration of 0.25 second.

Disarm base duration of 0.5 second. (Total of 0.75/1/1.25/1.5 second duration)

Activating this skill will use up all available charges on his next attack, dealing bonus damage as well as disarming the enemy for a short while.

An Attack Order on the target will automatically be issued once Disarm is cast. (Same with Predator's Leap)

Manacost: 0
Cooldown: 3

--------------------

Adding Panda's Flurry Charge Mechanic, this skill allows Disarm to be always ready in his disposal at any time.

Instead of repeated use per charge like Flurry has; Scout can activate this skill only once since this skill will consume all remaining charges for one powerful attack.

So in short, the more charges you have, the stronger your damage will be on your next attack and the longer the Disarm duration will be.

Basically, Scout will have a full charged up Disarm every 12 seconds; but since most Scouts usually vanish again after cheapshotting someone and wait for another opportunity, this is hardly an issue.

In comparison to current Disarm:

Current: 1 second; Cannot be disarmed again for 2 seconds
Suggested: 1.5 seconds; 3 second cooldown

So the two are basically balanced in terms of duration and cooldown of the skill. Sadly, the continuous imba crits will be forever gone, since they're too unreliable as well as broken at the same time; however, Scout will now have a much more reliable skill that will help him better hopefully.

XtremeNooB
02-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I like the idea, but the damage bonus done is too much, I'd suggest to lower the %
Good work tough

NoobishNoob
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I like the idea, but the damage bonus done is too much, I'd suggest to lower the %
Good work tough

Oh? He's just doing a 2x Crit every 12 seconds, if the charges are 4... Is that too much? Please elaborate.