PDA

View Full Version : Valk's arrow vs Null Stone

girls
02-20-2010, 03:24 AM
So, in DotA Linken's, aka Null Stone 100% blocks PotM's Arrow, aka Valk. Is there any reason it does not block the spell in this game? The fact that it isnt directly targeted should not be an issue. It is a single target spell.

Getsu
02-20-2010, 03:27 AM
It does not 100% block in DotA. Only the Stun is blocked because it uses a Stormbolt on the target. Being blocked by Linken's is an unintentionally side-effect of this limitation.

Mittsies
02-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Null Stone should use a general rule of blocking things that are specifically targeted, so since Valkyrie's Javelin doesn't directly target anyone I think it should still hit. True, however, that it hits a single target.

Also Getsu is correct, the stun was the result of a dummy unit casting a Stormbolt on the enemy while a trigger handled the actual damage; therefore only the stun was blocked because the damage wasn't created with a spell.

ortatji
02-20-2010, 04:14 AM
if someone is going to spend the gold on a nullstone, the least you can do is make it block the stun on a normal spell from the valkerie

Strier
02-20-2010, 04:31 AM
well its not targeted on an enemy its targeted on coordinates.

Jotain
02-20-2010, 04:46 AM
S2 should use their current "targetted spells only" rule instead of trying to recreate all hardcoded bugs in dota.

girls
02-20-2010, 05:02 AM
http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-complete-linkens-sphere

Says it completely blocks Elune's Arrow.

/shrug. I will have to do testing tommorow, kind of late.

Strier
02-20-2010, 05:10 AM
dota limitations do not apply to HoN.

the argument that it hits a single target was a good one, but fact remains is that it's not a spell that targets the nullstone holder. technicality.

Flair
02-20-2010, 05:49 AM
The fact that it isnt directly targeted should not be an issue. It is a single target spell.
Uh, yes, of course it should.

The spell and item behave exactly as they should.
There's no point to change anything from a mechanic-wise point of view.

Llama
02-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Similar issue to devs hook maybe? Im farily certian it applies frostwoulf onto target, yet doesnt get blocked (obv getting blocked would be stupid, but its just an inconsistancy)

Mittsies
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
http://www.playdota.com/guides/the-complete-linkens-sphere

Says it completely blocks Elune's Arrow.

/shrug. I will have to do testing tommorow, kind of late.
It's possible that they changed it, I don't keep myself 100% up to date with DotA.

TDA101
02-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Ice Frog had to manually code Linken's to work with tons of stuff to make it viable.

Basically a pre-trigger would run to stop triggered spells from running if linken's sphere buff was active on the target.