View Full Version : [Hero Suggestion] Ancient Guardian: Furion Reworked

Forgot10
08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Ancient Guardian
( or Spirit of Caldavar )

Alignment: Legion
M.Attribute: Intelligence - Ranged

Concept:
A rework of DoTA's Furion. I changed up his abilities slightly to offer more creative gameplay and allow room for mastery. I tried form his skills in order to compliment each other as well as offer to the many forms of playstyles available. He can assist allies, defend himself, push lanes, and hero gank - not much unlike the concept hero. I liked how Furion was an int focused on physical damage rather than pure nuking.

I see him as a walking spirit, where life sprout anew from where he steps, which may actually give away path or position much like Terrorblade's footsteps from DoTA.

Abilities and Skills:

Constriction
Life sprouts from the target's feet, entangling them, and forcing them to their knees.
Active - Target Unit

Mana Cost: 100 / 120 / 140 / 160
Cooldown: 14 / 12 / 10 / 8
Duration: 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4
Damage (Optional): 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 per sec.
Slows attack speed: 20 / 25 / 30%

- A disable, though only limited to movement. A must have in order to set up for his other skills or to support himself / allies in battle.
= It holds the player in place, but doesnt silence them. I figure I'd add a slowing atkspd effect, but perhaps thats not necessary.

Animate Protectors
The Ancient Guardian calls upon the spirits of the forest to take the physical forms of nearby trees.
Active - Target Area (Must target trees)

Protectors have minor health and damage (600 hp, 20-30 dmg)
Number of Protectors: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Mana Cost: 180
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Duration of Protectors: 50 seconds

(Debatable for balance as 50 would allow 15 seconds before previous summons disappear)

- Raise Treants basically but with slightly more health and less damage

Guardian's Wall
All active protectors release their spirits and root themselves back to into the earth, becoming nearly impregnable.

Mana Cost: 150 (Not sure if it should have a mana cost or not)
Range: Unlimited
Duration: 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Cooldown: 30 seconds

- I always thought that raising treants should offer better path blockage, but pathing seems to be rendered moot even further with how large HoN seems to be, so I thought maybe turning the treants into a manipulative wall would offer alot of interesting possibilities.
- I thought it could just be temporary trees like sprout since they can be broken by spells or whatever and not just destroyed physically.

= To clarify - It basically turns treants back into trees, bit of like a reverse sprout to raise treants.

Song of the Ancients (Ultimate)
The Guardian sings the song of the ancients, giving new life to those that are within its soothing embrace while instilling fear and dread to those who fight against the Guardian.

- I actually wanted to call it Defense of the Ancients and alter allies' armor instead... but I dunno if thats okay

NOT CHANNELED ( you can sing while you fight kthx )

Heals all nearby allies: 15 / 20 / 25 per sec.
Lowers all nearby enemies' armor by: 8 / 12 / 15
Duration: 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 75 / 70 / 60 seconds. 45 by staff.
Radius: ? ?

(Debatable?)

- I didn't want to copy Nature's Wrath, as the skill seems kinda boring and pointless and all to random for proper use. I thought I'd create something that could turn tides or assist in some item builds as well as compliment the other skills.

Looking at it now, it seems to be a bit imbalanced to either side. He could be easily countered as well as be played badly, but he could also be totally overpowered...
But thats why it's just a suggestion right? ;3 Any feedback?

Edit: Tried to add some clarity as suggested

Sabre
08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I find several of the skill descriptions unclear and vague, could you elaborate? Particularly on constriction and Gaurdian's Wall.