PDA

View Full Version : Best item for Forsaken Archer.

SarEnityX
02-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Best item for Forsaken Archer

Let's discuss!
:D

Nani`
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
By itself, i'd have to say Frostburn, because it gives her much needed survivability, some mana, damage, attack speed and ofc the slow and a movement speed bonus. All in all, a good item for her.
It gets outbeasted by the Geo' Bane - Savage Mace combo, though.

pwnz0r123
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
nullfire

Dehorn
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
always something better than frostburn

Puchi
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Charged hammer is nice ;)

Stickyrolls
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I usually go thunder claw and than shield breaker. I'm no fa pro though so idk.

Andycrapped
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Never get Shroud, people see your skeletons and follow you around :O

Nani`
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
always something better than frostburn

combined with an other item, yeah. but on its own, there is no better item for FA. I usually dont build it myself, but on its own, as i said, its the best item she can get.

alliednoob
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
frostburn -> charged hammer (possible geo bane) -> savage mace -> wingbow

if u get frostwolf u are an idiot so read the Forsaken Archer guide (in arrows we trust) to understand why movement speed + slow > just slow...

if ur getting split shot arrows instead of stats, plz go die...

enche
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Never get Shroud, people see your skeletons and follow you around :O
yes

and i vote for the lightning thingy

Lolololage
02-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Whispering helm.

Because you can get it in under 10 minutes easy and kiill 3/4 stacked camps using your ult with ease.

The only thing that gives you any issues are dragon masters, but youl only need 1 teammate at best because youl have 8 skeletons doing the dirty work.

From that moment on your a farming god, buy whatever you like.

Not to mention it gives good eary damage and you can kill the entire jungle as soon as you get it pretty much.

alliednoob
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Whispering helm.

Because you can get it in under 10 minutes easy and kiill 3/4 stacked camps using your ult with ease.

The only thing that gives you any issues are dragon masters, but youl only need 1 teammate at best because youl have 8 skeletons doing the dirty work.

Not to mention it gives good eary damage and you can kill the entire jungle as soon as you get it pretty much.

probably not the best item, because she is semi carry and not main carry, so should help out in team fights even when not fully farmed

(if u are the main carry then it's a nice item)

Skull4er
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
FROSTBURN! why? can be splitted up for frostwolfs and geometers.
alternatively --->savage mace, can procc on each of her arrows.

shibbidydoo
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
FROSTBURN! why? can be splitted up for frostwolfs and geometers.

+1

Thats why you get frostburn on her.

arcainic
02-06-2010, 06:52 PM
frostburn after the nerf is not very good at all. It has very little dps and very little slow, too bad in pubs you can't count on anyone to slow/disable the enemy while you wail on them with shieldbreaker/chargedhammer/savagemace. Nor apparently can you count on teammates to protect you when half the enemy team goes after the carry...

So yes, make frostburn, if only because making damage efficient items will result in you dying.

Reonhato
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
if ur getting split shot arrows instead of stats, plz go die...

if you think split shot is useless you should go die.

imo its shield breaker + split shot

eyesis
02-06-2010, 07:55 PM

I second this, Shieldbreaker + split is just too nice.

Deathbeproud
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
She was made for Ancient stacking. Rush Whispering. Start stacking. Use level 2 Ultimate on stack and level split shot. Get shieldbreaker and savage mace after. Shieldbreaker also makes her hit ancients stupid hard.

iaguz
02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
She's an extremely good solo mid too. She can crank out really good early dps with her skellies, she's got good lane ganking potential if you wanna do that too, with a bottle she can spam crippling volley to farm/push lanes/gank like crazy (and rune whore) and she's one of the few heroes who can solo mid vs deadwood and not get completely raped.

As for items, well...

Ancient stacking is definitely a good idea, I'd do it if I were in a sidelane and had a good farm going on to get that whispering helm early.

After that, get pure dps items like shieldbreaker or geo's bane or w/e. I usually **** around and get frostburn on FA but that's a bad idea. I know it's a bad idea but I'm usually winning by a fair margin so I don't care; i just get items and enjoy them.

alliednoob
02-06-2010, 11:32 PM

yeah but stats till 17 is better (trust me, I've done this for some time)
ur gonna get pwnt before ur shieldbreaker + split arrows work (ur not gonna have massive dps so it's not really useful until ur farmed, and the stats keep u longer in the jungle/farming.

frostwolf < frostburn because frostburn has movement speed bonus too
and really, frostburn + firebrand stack so ur fine (that's why frostburn -> charge hammer/geo bane -> savage mace -> wingbow)
shield breaker is fine in place of savage mace, but savage mace + charged hammer gives u massive dps and because u go pew pew pew u have good chance of getting the 100 true hit
geo bane is optional, but I prefer charged hammer (ppl flame me for getting another firebrand, but I tell them I get geo bane, which is when the shut up)

flibble
02-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Charged Hammer, gives her the thunderclaw + applied thunderclaw for when she gets targeted (and she will) and good attack speed

Berserkuh
02-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Whispering helm.

So, what? FA's just going to stack creeps for the whole game and once she gets Whispering she'll act like it's ****ing :Doombringer:? Everyone asked for BEST ITEM.

Back on-topic. IMHO, Frostburn. Pretty easy to farm it too, especially in pubs.

Bacn
02-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Deso.

Deathbeproud
02-07-2010, 04:52 AM
So, what? FA's just going to stack creeps for the whole game and once she gets Whispering she'll act like it's ****ing :Doombringer:? Everyone asked for BEST ITEM.

It's Whispering because if you not using her fairly low cd ult and split shot to doing a giant ancient stack your doing it wrong. Saying Frostburn is like saying boots is good on a carry.

Nani`
02-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Btw, if someone gets Frostwolf on her, instead of Frostburn, its most of the time, because the survivavility of Frostwolf is just huge, whilst also giving you some nice DPS and the ability to deal that DPS.

If I'm playing with good ppl, i.e clan mates/mates, who know what they are doing, then carry route is Shield Breaker, semi-carry route is Frostburn or Frostwolf, usually finished up with Geo Bane and Savage Mace. Buy a Whispering Helm whenever you want, if you are the main carry, the sooner the better, and stack the hell out of those ancients.

Lolololage
02-07-2010, 06:53 AM

I think your missing the point, you get whispering helm and use the creep from it to stack, so archer can do whatever she likes.

Its the best item because it boosts your farm by an incredibleamount and archer doesnt need a lot of items early to support her team because her carazy large snare + skeletons + ult do plenty damage early gaeme.

Helm lets you get your doombringer, or whatever, way quicker. Saying "x,y,z is best get it asap is fine, but helm lets you get x,y, or z MUCH FASTER. As well as providing lifesteal later on anyway, which youl need.

Also, why do people think charged hammer is good on her? It only procs once per attack even with split fire and gives no stats. Shield breaker, savage mace or frostwulf/frostburn all proc on each arrow, so save up for one of them.

hzzzln
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
i wouldnt say charged is a bad item, but you contribute so much more to teamfights with splitshot + shieldbreaker. instant -armor for all of them, get a shrunken afterwards and win. i mean splitshot arrows do like ~70%, ~80% of her damage, *5 heroes, you deal 350% - 400% damage? WTF? how is split shot a bad idea?

alliednoob
02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
i wouldnt say charged is a bad item, but you contribute so much more to teamfights with splitshot + shieldbreaker. instant -armor for all of them, get a shrunken afterwards and win. i mean splitshot arrows do like ~70%, ~80% of her damage, *5 heroes, you deal 350% - 400% damage? WTF? how is split shot a bad idea?
shield breaker and splitshot does not give enough pew pew pew, this is why charged hammer is nice (then it's either 100 true strike or -6 armor item, all depends on u)

charged hammer gives +70 attack speed, it's just lol to go pewpewpew, the -5 armour doesn't even matter at that point (it be overkill)

Skull4er
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
shield breaker and splitshot does not give enough pew pew pew, this is why charged hammer is nice (then it's either 100 true damage or -5 armour item, all depends on u)

charged hammer gives +70 attack speed, it's just lol to go pewpewpew, the -5 armour doesn't even matter at that point (it be overkill)
both do not give true dmg. its -6 armor, and the lightnings do not work with split shot, only one arrow will procc the lightning.

alliednoob
02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
both do not give true dmg. its -6 armor, and the lightnings do not work with split shot, only one arrow will procc the lightning.
savage mace doesn't give true strike?
and I know it doesn't proc with all arrows, but the +70 attack speed really gets ride of the need for that...
not sure what ur getting at...

l2understanditems http://www.hondb.com/?item=savage-mace

Skull4er
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
savage mace doesn't give true damage?
and I know it doesn't proc with all arrows, but the +70 attack speed really gets ride of the need for that...
not sure what ur getting at...

l2understanditems http://www.hondb.com/?item=savage-mace
jeah, learn to understand items ... i quoted your post, nowhere was a mention of savage mace (which does not proc 100true dmg, but only 100 physical dmg)
shieldbreaker armor reduce was also wrong, thats why i corrected it.

alliednoob
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
jeah, learn to understand items ... i quoted your post, nowhere was a mention of savage mace (which does not proc 100true dmg, but only 100 physical dmg)
shieldbreaker armor reduce was also wrong, thats why i corrected it.
I said true damage? that's typo, :S, suppose to be true strike
I did change the othre one, but it's 1 armor off.

and ur helping me prove my point u know...

Stickyrolls
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I still don't really know. Like I said I've been going thunder claw and than shield breaker. It seems she doesn't farm so well at first (untill you get thunder claw) and I take split shot over stats b/c with split shot and thunder claw your farm starts to pick up. However the thunderclaw seems to be undervalued in a team fight as the damage really isn't that good and it only procs off of one arrow. Still trying to decide what is the best first item to both increase farm and make you more of a presence in team fights early on. I still like shield breaker as it is one of my favorite damage items and is very underestimated. Think it works even better if your not the only right click dps on your team.

alliednoob
02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I still don't really know. Like I said I've been going thunder claw and than shield breaker. It seems she doesn't farm so well at first (untill you get thunder claw) and I take split shot over stats b/c with split shot and thunder claw your farm starts to pick up. However the thunderclaw seems to be undervalued in a team fight as the damage really isn't that good and it only procs off of one arrow. Still trying to decide what is the best first item to both increase farm and make you more of a presence in team fights early on. I still like shield breaker as it is one of my favorite damage items and is very underestimated. Think it works even better if your not the only right click dps on your team.
this is why u get frostburn, because it is helpful in team fight and then charged hammer (also split shot at 17 because u can't use it well before)

Reonhato
02-07-2010, 06:58 PM
this is why u get frostburn, because it is helpful in team fight and then charged hammer (also split shot at 17 because u can't use it well before)

shield breaker owns frostburn for usefulness. if you dont think having split shot maxed by lvl 14 is good your proving your name correct. not only does it give you even more uber farming ability it lets you combined with shield breaker do extreme amounts of damage to enemy teams. no other item compares in dps then shieldbreaker (not counting DB). having 4 enemy heroes with -6 armor is worthy enough imo, the 60+ damage is just a bonus

Stalias
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
4 doombringers, shrunken head, and symbol of rage.

ScatterSpasm
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Frostburn -> Geo and frostwolf ( ->true strike thingy). This is the build to go if you arent main carry. You probably wont get anymore than geo/frostwolf if you arent carry, but if you manage it +100 dmg proc on arrows is awesome, as is true strike.

Shieldbreaker seems like the obvious choice for main carry. Dno about the rest.

alliednoob
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
shield breaker owns frostburn for usefulness. if you dont think having split shot maxed by lvl 14 is good your proving your name correct. not only does it give you even more uber farming ability it lets you combined with shield breaker do extreme amounts of damage to enemy teams. no other item compares in dps then shieldbreaker (not counting DB). having 4 enemy heroes with -6 armor is worthy enough imo, the 60+ damage is just a bonus
the point is that split shot arrows is not as good as all the stats until you farm enough items to make u go pewpewpew (awesome attack speed) and proc items (savage mace anyone?)
the -6 armor is nice, but only after frostburn + charged hammer so u can go pew pew pew...
(trust me the frostburn helps farming a lot more that the shieldbreaker because of attack speed and movement speed, slow, and all that)

and glass cannons fail, 2k hp is always awesome.

Leetard179
02-07-2010, 11:18 PM
id say ultimate archer would be

steamboots
symbol of rage
frostwolf skull
geos
savage mace
charged hammer

dEph_
02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I actually think frostburn is a good first item on archer, and some other heroes as well. It gives her all things that she can use; +str to get rid of some squish, +agi obvious, AS & MS and the slow doesnt hurt.

I like frostburn over frostwolf skull cuz a) fb is a lot easier to build up than fw and b) i find the +int is wasted on archer, she really only has 1 spammable skill and she rarely has mana issues.

I like going fb first then grab a dps, breaker-mace-shards etc, a wingbow to end is good. if she has to carry the evasion and +armor is nice.

Shintetsu
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Frostburn>Savage Mace>(disassemble FB);Geobane>Frostwolf.

Frostwolf is worth it with that survibabilty, and Splitshot+3s 30% slow and (20%?)Aspd slow. Percentage. Which means it scales.

But I guess FB+Savage Mace 30~40ish into the game=game over.

Jayrod
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I only get frostburn early on any hero if my farm is a failure. There are usually better choices. late game frostburn is very good on most heros

Barahng
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I absolutely love Nullfire, allows skeletons to get a significantly larger amount of hits in than a Frostburn, and can be farmed much easier as well. Followed by either a Shruken Head or a Shieldbreaker depending on the team setup.