PDA

View Full Version : Crow Stacking and other techniques

BotD
01-21-2010, 01:31 AM
So I was watching a competitive replay just today.
And the carry (soulstealer) on hellbourne was using the crow to stack the creeps in the "safe big" camp.
I think it's genius.
Why don't we have any threads here that explain the mechanics of such tactics or various others mostly seen in competitive play.
Replays help to improve our game (by a lot) but instructions do come in handy as well.

Discuss.
Trolls are welcome :)

Delfofthebla
01-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Was it like that in dota? I don't really recall seeing anyone do this in competitive games.

Drasha
01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
there are no guides because its an exploit and they would be deleted.

HahaYouDied
01-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Its pretty much the same thing as controlling a creep, but in my opinion you would only be able to stack yellowish camps because red camps could very well 1-shot the courier lol.

BotD
01-21-2010, 02:08 AM
I hate my life.
The site with the replay is currently down.
oh joy.

The match ID I believe is 22278492
It's during the XIV HoN tourney.
Clans Scriming are WHP and (I don't remember).
The player taking advantage of it was chu` from WHP.
The couriers belonged to Warden but I'm not sure who was doing the stacking (can't tell)

^well scratch that.
here you go my good sirs : http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/replays.php?game=58&show=details&id=107648

Levitate
01-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Its pretty much the same thing as controlling a creep, but in my opinion you would only be able to stack yellowish camps because red camps could very well 1-shot the courier lol.

You could activate the damage immune on the courier?
but I think they'll fix this soon because its more an exploit than a strat

StevieSparkZ
01-21-2010, 02:35 AM
I don't think it's THAT much of an exploit, a courier is something any competent team gets every game anyways. They can always do it as well just like stacking. If anything, I feel that a hatchet on courier is more of an exploit.

Marylinn
01-21-2010, 02:41 AM
I hate my life.
The site with the replay is currently down.
oh joy.

The match ID I believe is 22278492
It's during the XIV HoN tourney.
Clans Scriming are WHP and (I don't remember).
The player taking advantage of it was chu` from WHP.
The couriers belonged to Warden but I'm not sure who was doing the stacking (can't tell)

^well scratch that.
here you go my good sirs : http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/replays.php?game=58&show=details&id=107648
Is that a Void Talisman on the Tempest? Oh, this should be interested. I haven't watched the replay yet (Still downloading) but I will in a bit. =o

LyCerg
01-21-2010, 02:42 AM
i don't think its an exploit since you can also do this with dominated creeps and both of them are player-controlled unit.

if you think its an exploit then how about Maliken stacking legion ancient creeps while on middle lane using his sword throw or Pharaoh stacking any neutral creeps using missile.

Integria
01-21-2010, 05:09 AM

Courier Shield.

evotech
01-21-2010, 05:13 AM
its getting fixed next patch

lumino`
01-21-2010, 05:23 AM
We used to use it, but it is unreliable, and you have to buy a second courier, which is 400 gold, which is about 2 spawns.

Passive
01-21-2010, 05:25 AM
next patch creeps should no longer attack the courier at all, so it will prevent from using it to stack creeps

hotloy
01-21-2010, 05:58 AM
once i tryed the creeps ignored my courier :/

BotD
01-21-2010, 09:29 AM
i don't think its an exploit since you can also do this with dominated creeps and both of them are player-controlled unit.

if you think its an exploit then how about Maliken stacking legion ancient creeps while on middle lane using his sword throw or Pharaoh stacking any neutral creeps using missile.

I was thinking this myself.
There are numbers of ways to stack creeps.
you can do it with summons as well.
I just found that courier looks so much more epic :)

And are they seriously removing it next patch?
I guess i wont bother practicing with courier.

King_Fear
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Enjoy while it lasts.

Closed.