PDA

View Full Version : Is rampage good now?

Raskalnikov
01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
So for those who can't remember or cba to go find the patch notes, here's what they did to rampage:

Rampage
- Stampede cooldown to 25s (from 40s)
- Favor of Sol cooldown to 60s (from 75s)
- Fixed order queue being cleared by a Horned Strike

So with these huge cooldown reductions is ramp a significantly better hero than he was before? I like that I can charge at a lane, assist a gank and then immediately go and charge another one :D.

dreamex
01-14-2010, 09:37 AM
No he is not.

schila
01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
he is still **** :/

Cant really do anything early game, only mediocre ganker at best, and is a worthless carry. His form of stuns are what really ****s him up, they arent instant and doesnt stun for a long period of time. He has no real scaling abi besides his stun, which proc rate only is around 17% i believe. Probably abit biased, but generally speaking he is still _bad_.

HONYoda
01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
He still sucks. I raped him in two different games last night. I'm sure the skill of the player had something to do with it, but there are SO many other heroes that are much better than him.

awayish`
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
if there is no disc stat i'd instaquit a game if my teammate picks rampage.

schila
01-14-2010, 10:03 AM
if there is no disc stat i'd instaquit a game if my teammate picks rampage.

this is so true, so vaaary vaaary true.

LightRain
01-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Proc rate is at least at 17% regardless of rank which is sort of nice
i guess
he's still bad

01-14-2010, 10:05 AM
he is still **** :/

Cant really do anything early game, only mediocre ganker at best, and is a worthless carry. His form of stuns are what really ****s him up, they arent instant and doesnt stun for a long period of time. He has no real scaling abi besides his stun, which proc rate only is around 17% i believe. Probably abit biased, but generally speaking he is still _bad_.
Put EP on him and he will stunlock. Also don't use stampede to get a stun.

PSR_PubStaR
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
the problem is:

rampage is a carry or a semi-carry believe it or not. He is usually initiating and ramboing to death. Carries shouldn't die, but while he always put himself on the line. Therefore the concept of rampage is bad and which is why people flame the **** out of you if you pick him.

Raskalnikov
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
oh while we're here I got the funniest bloodlust the other day.

Met their tempest at the top rune
Rune spawned... haste
I had lvled might of the herd and grabbed the haste rune before tempest could
Tempest had lvled elementals so basically couldn't do anything to me
Chased him down with the extra damage as a % of my max movespeed and just orbwalked him to death in about 7 attacks.

IMaTRUCK1
01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Rampage is a pubstar.Early mid game dominates in damage,get him steamboots + frostburn + behemoth's heart and he's awesome.Seriously.He works wonders in pubs.

01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
the problem is:

rampage is a carry or a semi-carry believe it or not. He is usually initiating and ramboing to death. Carries shouldn't die, but while he always put himself on the line. Therefore the concept of rampage is bad and which is why people flame the **** out of you if you pick him.
I don't think he has any regular features of a semi carry. He also can survive ramboing if he gets his BKB and his teammates are willing. Though his best job by far is beating down other carries. Initiating by him can only be done if he decides to build for it, this means that he'll build for survivability but has more issues with the opponent's carries and can't really deal with them.

If build for it he is the king of 1v1, if he has the ability to fight a magebane/madman/nighthound/scout/chronos uninterrupted by the opposing team he will win for free. It won't matter what these guys use, they will have to fall back or they will die. And if they happen to get silenced, they can't fall back either.

awayish`
01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
it's all the worse to have a rampage in your lane, because he takes your cs and that money is most likely a complete waste and lets him suicide/be useless earlier.

scorpikilla
01-14-2010, 11:53 AM
allthough he is somewhat better, he is still the worst hero in-game imo.
Just reducing his cooldowns wont make him a better hero, as he only has single-target spells

Charade
01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Obviously you guys havent seen a good rampage player? I can dominate with him....
I like elder or armlet + shruken head

I agree that most people suck with him though

Harmonium
01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
your stats say otherwise

01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
your stats say otherwise
Stats don't win you the game.

it's all the worse to have a rampage in your lane, because he takes your cs and that money is most likely a complete waste and lets him suicide/be useless earlier.
Any carry takes the creepkills, rampage is no different in that aspect. That's why you put a babysitter in Rampage's lane that doesn't need items to do his job. This is basics. Only from level 6 onwards you can expect him to become more active.

inDe_eD
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Rampage is awesome. Sad to see that the thread is packed with pubbies who can't play him effectively. =(

CHR0N0S
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I killed him 1 on 1 last night.

Using andromeda.

-----
On the other hand, he must be threated as a carry, if he farms hes good, but i rather babysit swiftblade or moonqueen than rampage.

Shouta
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Rampage is still underpowered and i am not a noob his carry escape mecha is more movespeed, what is not good, and semi carry have normally some mass dmg or stun instant but rampage have a proc chance. All in all i dont like his concept.

awayish`
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Stats don't win you the game.

Any carry takes the creepkills, rampage is no different in that aspect. That's why you put a babysitter in Rampage's lane that doesn't need items to do his job. This is basics. Only from level 6 onwards you can expect him to become more active.

the point is that he is a terribad carry.

fatrend1
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I think they should make it so Stampede gives you a Flurry buff like Scouts Vanish or some form of +damage for a nuke. All it's good for is chasing and getting back to the lane.

Also, his second skill the Aura should have some form of used effect which temporarily stops all slows from affecting your teammates or atleast himself.

Or anything, he's just so damn weak.

Kajakfaucon
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
He's not that bad...it's just there is always someone else that can do it better. So... yeah, I guess I'd have to say he's still pretty bad.

(Btw... a good chronos beats the hell out of rampage...so don't even go there.)

01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
He's not that bad...it's just there is always someone else that can do it better. So... yeah, I guess I'd have to say he's still pretty bad.

(Btw... a good chronos beats the hell out of rampage...so don't even go there.)
(No he doesn't)

Mark`
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Spiritbreaker already wasn't that great and then they added a cooldown to Bash when porting him to Rampage. So they actually made him worse. Which is pretty impressive when you're talking about a hero with no escape ability, little teamfight utility other than trying to isolate a single hero, and no real skills besides autoattacking and a mediocre blink+nuke.

If they wanted to make him more viable without changing his style, maybe they could give him magic immunity for X seconds when he ults. He's just so... lackluster and blah.

dreamex
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
He's like Pestilence, except about 20000000 x worse.

Extreme_Cake
01-14-2010, 03:29 PM
He's like Pestilence, except about 20000000 x worse.
Chronos, Zephyr, Engineer, Electrician.

dreamex
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Chronos, Zephyr, Engineer, Electrician.

I don't understand this post :(

profuse
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
No he is not.

BlazingEagle
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM
He is okay but Ulti cd buff was totally unneeded and useless. His ulti had already 20 sec cd with staff of mastery.

e: I dont understand why ppl think Rampage is bad hero. There are much more worse heroes on hon/dota. Rampage is definitely mid tier hero.

dreamex
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
He is okay but Ulti cd buff was totally unneeded and useless. His ulti had already 20 sec cd with staff of mastery.

e: I dont understand why ppl think Rampage is bad hero. There are much more worse heroes on hon/dota. Rampage is definitely mid tier hero.

Now he is slightly more playable and doesn't have to rush an otherwise really bad item for him.

HONYoda
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
He's bad...so bad.

BlazingEagle
01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Now he is slightly more playable and doesn't have to rush an otherwise really bad item for him.
Staff is still definitely core for him. 40 seconds off cooldown is huge-> being able to use it twice in team fights if you are lucky.

dreamex
01-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Rampage in team fights either won't survive for 20 seconds or will be ignored and have no team after 20 seconds.

Depending on how good the Rampage, his team, and your team are.

TheBusDriver
01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Probably the worst hero in the game.

Scout has eyes, silence, and disarm.

Voodoo has his annoying ass chain stun and the very nice nukeheal dot for early game.

The only way I can think of playing Rampage effectively is if you're the only thing close to a carry on your team and you're not initiating like another poster said, or if you go heavy on attack speed items and roam for ganks early.

Cordial
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
and is a worthless carry.
I would say he is an 'ANTI-CARRY' instead, as well as an initiator and a ganker. Sometimes Elders Parasite is a good choice if you are focusing the carry/ disabler and they are lacking hard disables. But usually shrunken will be enough for him to keep one or two heroes stun locked during a fight. Maybe get a Geometers Bane instead of Elders, if the farm allows it... Oh, and SoTM really is a nice touch if you would like to afford two ultimates in a team battle. =)

I can see Rampages usefulness in some lineups (public), where heroes like maliken and predator needs to be brought down, but generally he is just a bad pick for a player who doesn't have a clue about Rampage's role in the team.

"worthless carry"... Really?
I would never put him in the 'CARRY' cathegory at all...

they arent instant and doesnt stun for a long period of time.
When you ulti someone that person is hit by a lvl4 Horned Strike, stunning that hero for 1,55 seconds, while you continue to whack him with a 17% change of continuing the disabling. Chances are you will proc a fair amount of Horned Strikes on the target while damaging him a lot. With Rampage you need to target the right heroes AND buy the items that counters that specific line up...

awayish`
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
he's a solo gank kind of hero. it's hard to play him because you need coordination with your teammates. especially considering that the people whom you charge can easily turn your charge into a suicide. it's like giving the enemy a warning before you gank them, so they can get their counterganks set up.

he's so narrowly useful that it is hard to balance him without making him overly annoying in the one good thing he's good at. it's just a badly designed hero that shouldn't be buffed but rather remade.

Whalecore
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Should be played like a disabler, not a carry.

- Get Steamboots
- Get Shrunken Head
- Target their most important hero, hopefully you'll stun lock him until your team wins the fight!

01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Staff is still definitely core for him. 40 seconds off cooldown is huge-> being able to use it twice in team fights if you are lucky.
No. EP, BKB, Boots are core for him. Insanitarious is the next thing to get. You should never even get staff of the master because he doesn't need his ulti during a fight.

link1313
01-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Hes a terrible hero in general, but like [GR]TheWhale said, play him like a disabler. Hes good if you have good teamwork. With charge locked you know where any hero is and a teammate can follow you in for a, hopefully, easy pickoff. In team fights he isn't good at all but again if you wait with your team for a good charge he can initiate on their most important hero and get away easy enough because of his movement speed. He isn't meant to kill or take a beating but he can definitely start a fight.

I personally like going shrunken head and then support items like barrier on him. Nothing like charging into a fight with magic immunity and then ulting/using barrier for your team, doing a couple more hits then getting out of there. After getting out of the team fight I usually like to chase any leftover heroes that get away. It sounds lame but there is really no other way to play him, if you stick around with him in any type of fight he will die.

BIGDice
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
really fun hero to pubstomp with or just play 1500ish games where people don't see the debuff adn you can kill most non str heroes in a charge + ult

dreamex
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
He is a reasonable anti carry if you must insist that as a necessary role.

Geometer's can ensure some pretty lulzy stunlocks if you're good at RNG. You can definitely outbash Chronos as Rampage, but you're considerably less useful overall.

Ubuntu
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
If they buffed his stun to 25% chance, it would make him very playable.

Insanitarious makes his damage go through the roof very early, as well as increases his HP by a lot. When you get your shrunken you are able to disable one of their heroes very easily for at least 5 seconds, while dealing a decent amount of damage to him. Charge with magic immune (12 second+ charge) is a very way to initiate.

Stampede should also provide a haste equal to 1/2 of his current speed increase to nearby allies. This would allow for a massive rush of creeps and heros following rampage into the fight.

Right now, he is nothing more than a pubstomp hero, but with these changes I feel he could become competitive as an initiator/disabler.

Padawanabee
01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Is he good? Certainly. Is he good enough to be a reliable pick against skilled players with both teams intending to win? Nah.

MAAATE
01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
^this

Acinod
01-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Rampage is a hero that ramboes into 1v5 and gets a kill then dies. Then he rages at his teammates for not supporting him or bragging that he got a kill but they didn't.

He's KDA is usually 5/10/0. 5 kills and 10 deaths because 50% he will get a kill and die and if he doesn't get a kill he still dies. 0 assists because he is always the first one to go in, first one to kill, first one to die, and since he only attacks 1 hero, he'll kill that hero and die and not get any more assists.

Rampage is a great hero to solo kill a farming carry but against any decent teamwork, he really shows off he's 'Worst Hero in the Game' reputation.