PDA

View Full Version : Random ass tips that will practically save your life

01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
1. When you are in a lane as 2 melee heroes vs 2 ranged heroes. It is not expected you do well at your skill level.

2. Hills cut off vision. When you are being chased, run up the hill and wait for him to be almost atop to keep chasing you. Just run down and viola you made someone feel like a complete dumbass because he was clicking ahead to keep chasing you through vision.

3. Don't gank a lane where the enemies heroes are near the tower unless you are experienced enough to know if you can pull it off or not.

4. :scou: is TOO HARD contray to popular belief for a new player to play him. He is very inefficient at the carry role and serves another purpose. Other carries are better because they are more consistant.

5. Middle lane is for the person who benefits from more levels early game. :pyro: :valk: :tort: :fors: :succ: as examples because their skills scale really fast. Although plateau once they max it(except imba archer and maybe valk), which is why they need it asap.

6. Don't buy sight wards in noob only games. It makes you seem too try hardish. Learn how the game plays, then learn how the game is ACTUALLY played and you can be permitted to buy wards. In a pro tier 1700+ game of course.

7. :elec: sucks.

8. Stop playing :deme:.

9. The game is not so much about being smart nowadays but rather then knowing the typical tricks to use in a certain situation. If you are next to the enemy tower and you see 0 hero dots at the other lanes. You may or may not die instantly. You will have your chance to be smart when you get better.

10. Don't play hard carries such as :sand: :dark: :wild: :madm: and whatever else i'm too lazy to list. Don't play support either that wont get you good either. Play some of the following and do as I list:

:devo:: Hit level 7 and roam around ganking lanes that over extend into your tower. Make sure theres allies around you to help finish the guy off when you start eatng him.

:pyro:: Go middle, buy a chicken, some consumable hp regen and some stats. Last hit till you have 600 gold. Buy bottle on chicken send to you. Hit level 7 and start ganking nonstop. BLBLBLBLOOOODBATH

:pupp:: Good mix of everything. If you do well you can carry and if you don't you can resort to farming alittle bit to get that extra gold. You can gank very well with this guy since Puppet Show is a great gank initiator and can get you in range to string and beat the **** out of him. Good with allies with ganking since he keeps them in place for awhile.

:fors:: Theres no reason that you should do bad with this hero. But since you are bad in general its fine. This guy has almost every mechanic and class built it. Carry, ganker, initiator, teamfight aoe, stun, poision, farm, baby sitter.

:wret:: Hard hero to play at your skill level. Max our slow and aoe and skip ult until you hit level 9. 1 rank of blink until everything else is maxed out excluding stats.

:phar:: Another difficult and frustrating hero. You don't do that much damage when everyone is level 11-16ish but you are great in team fights. This hero is great in learning the hard lesson of mana management which can be applied to every other hero.

:valk:: Too fun to mention anything.

These are just gross over simplifcations of heroes you should be playing. Theres a lot more heroes like these but these are the only ones I can think of. The purpose of playing these heroes is that they are very aggressive early. Learning how to handle yourself early game and killing players will be very helpful in you learning how to get better. Supporting players and farming all game without no real knowledge of the game will get you stuck on noob level.

A lot more I could say, but I cant really think of anything.

Vulpes
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM
1. When you are in a lane as 2 melee heroes vs 2 ranged heroes. It is not expected you do well at your skill level.

At which level it is? You will always fail.

Other than that, good read and finally something from you that doesn't sound like bad Trolling. Like it.

stronK
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh, dude, it's that guy that had the best troll thread on General Beta last night

Tripwyr
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
The following points are extremely misleading. People here will actually believe you.

6. Don't buy sight wards in noob only games. It makes you seem too try hardish. Learn how the game plays, then learn how the game is ACTUALLY played and you can be permitted to buy wards. In a pro tier 1700+ game of course.

10. Don't play support either that wont get you good either.

:wret:: Hard hero to play at your skill level. Max our slow and aoe and skip ult until you hit level 9. 1 rank of blink until everything else is maxed out excluding stats.

On Wretched Hag you should be using this build:

Blink/Scream/Scream/Blink/Scream/Ulti/Scream/Blink/Blink/Slow/Ulti/Slow/Slow/Slow

At level 7, you can kill anybody who drops below 550 health with a scream/ulti/attack combo. Leveling slow is the absolute WRONG way to play Wretched Hag.

If you need to know more, here is a guide to Akasha.
http://www.playdota.com/guides/die-smiling-updated-for-6.65

Tripwyr
01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
EDIT: I had to delete your post due to a time stamp conflict, here is what you said:

Why do you need TO MAX OUT blink so early? You get one rank of it. It only decreases the CD by 2 seconds per rank. Why the **** do you need that? Why not get the scream and the slow? To be stronger early game? Only idiots need to crutch max blink because they cant play properly.

PLUS its used with her ult. Which you dont get early because it sucks at that level. PLUS its good for chasing so your allies catch up and the added bonus of a dot. Which is stronger thanks to you leveling it and is worth while.

Maxing blink allows you to chase properly while also providing a spell to disjoint all projectile-based attacks. It also allows you to properly line up your ultimate/scream and control the direction your opponent runs. By blinking in front of somebody, you can force them to move in another direction or face the punishment.

Only idiots need to crutch slow because they can't play properly.

EDIT: You level ultimate early because it adds a second nuke, which is the only way you're going to kill somebody. Nobody is going to let themselves drop below 300 health against Hag, but everyone feels comfortable around 550 health. Ultimate is the only way to kill them.

Mizaru1
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
The following points are not only retarded, but also misleading. People here will actually believe you.

On Wretched Hag you should be using this build:

Blink/Scream/Scream/Blink/Scream/Ulti/Scream/Blink/Blink/Slow/Ulti/Slow/Slow/Slow

At level 7, you can kill anybody who drops below 550 health with a scream/ulti/attack combo. Leveling slow is the absolute WRONG way to play Wretched Hag.

If you need to know more, here is a guide to Akasha.
http://www.playdota.com/guides/die-smiling-updated-for-6.65

Actually hag now plays diff from akasha due to the ulti buff, so some ppl might want slow as well...i normally leave blink at lvl 2, then up scream & slow, then a late ulti at maybe 9 or 10. Allows for 3 lvls of slow and scream.

Btw, good tips there.

Tripwyr
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Ill admit my post is misleading by not mentioning level 1 blink. But here is a more PROPER build for Akasha

Blink(or slow depending on the lvl 1 fight at rune)/then blink or slow depending at 1/AOE/AOE/AOE/Slow/AOE/Slow/Slow/Ult/Blinkwhatever else needs maxing out.

Better damage and you dont need more blink because that reduces how much damage you do.

That is the incorrect build as per the guide I linked. You're welcome to read the guide for much more in-depth explanations in favor of my build. The guide isn't rated 8.26 out of 10 for nothing.

MagusMaximus
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't understand tip number 8, Is shaman considered bad now?

LiuKang
01-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Curious as to why you say stop playing Demented Shaman?

Because its what EVERY "cool kid" picks. He is support and a very good hero. But everyone plays him too support and not enough 20-0.

kharaa
01-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I had one good game, with a couple of friends as shaman, where i got the second most amount of kills on my team.

i had my hellflower, was working towards skadi's, and would have got my shieldbreaker later on.

akitoes is right, ontopic.

some good advice.

Mateui
01-09-2010, 05:15 PM
- Ignore Rule #8 posted by the OP. A proper :deme: can support his team to victory.

LiuKang
01-09-2010, 08:15 PM
- Ignore Rule #8 posted by the OP. A proper :deme: can support his team to victory.

Or you can get better at the game. Either way enjoy being a ward *****.

HahaYouDied
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
You forgot

0. Stop autoattacking the creeps, thats just pushes the lane and makes u vulnerable to ganks. Learn to last hit.

Spoutnik16
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Mostly, i agree to the tips. They are not world-wise, but if you are a beginner, it's right. You gonna ward like a **** and near nobody gonna do something good with it.
You gonna play a super-lasthitter demented cause it's easy and screw your team. Or you gonna kill a lot of creep with heal and **** your carry up. Demented is a hero that should be a babysitter in symbiosis with his carry, not a ******* easy good pusher.
You gonna play elec like a tank when he should be ganker+support.
You gonna try to carry and you can't.
Those are beginner tips. Not real tips, but beginner tips.
Good tips for beginner.
PS: FFS, last post!!!

Tripwyr
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
These two posts were deleted due to timestamp conflicts:
EDIT: I give up, this post is a timestamp conflict too.

Tripwyr: Wards are indeed not really a good choice in <1400 Games. People don't look at their minimap.

Electrician DOES suck. One of the worst heroes in the Game. Though I'd have liked a mention of Rampage.

Demented Shaman is insanely strong and might not really make you better. But you got a point.

Support is basically about feeding your Carries kills and Warding. As I noted, this doesn't work sub-1400.

Given that Haunt applies on your Ult, 1 Point in Haunt (latest at level4) is needed;
Akasha didn't undergo the same Buff, so the Guide doesn't tell you this.
But yes, skipping Ult till 9 seems stupid. Didn't read that.

You'd be surprised how many people look at their minimap in <1400 games. The intention of this board is to teach people habits which will help move them beyond the <1400 bracket, not teach them how to be noob game champions.

Electrician is the best counter in the game to Jeraziah, Hammerstorm, and Slither. He is also extremely strong against most carries, and has the best channeled disable in the game while remaining an extremely strong tank. Electrician is easily top-tier due to his ability to counter top/god tier heroes and lock down dangerous opponents, something Polywog is incapable of due to his squishiness.

Support isn't only about feeding your carries. It's about supporting the team through heals, wards, and harassment. Support heroes are some of the best lane controllers and can often lock out important enemy targets. Whether babysitting or not, supporters are an important role in all level games.

One point is not needed in haunt. You didn't need one point in haunt before, and having it on your ultimate doesn't change anything. Getting one point in haunt delays blink and greatly reduces your ganking power. Haunt being applied to your ultimate is only necessary in team fights, and does not increase your ganking power. Team fights should not be occurring so early in the game with a strong ganker like Hag on your team.

Ill admit my post is misleading by not mentioning level 1 blink. But here is a more PROPER build for Akasha

Blink(or slow depending on the lvl 1 fight at rune)/then blink or slow depending at 1/AOE/AOE/AOE/Slow/AOE/Slow/Slow/Ult/Blinkwhatever else needs maxing out.

Better damage and you dont need more blink because that reduces how much damage you do.

HolyBlade`
01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Um... Electrician is a great tank/disabler, and Shaman is an amazing support hero.

Jazriel
01-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Wrong. Discontinued reading.

kharaa
01-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Curious as to why you say stop playing Demented Shaman?

akitoes
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
stop playing demented probably means stop playing support heroes like the pros because it doesn't work
but you can still "semi-carry" with demented

the rest is very good advice

Sigoth
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM

2. Hills cut off vision. When you are being chased, run up the hill and wait for him to be almost atop to keep chasing you. Just run down and viola you made someone feel like a complete dumbass because he was clicking ahead to keep chasing you through vision.

3. Don't gank a lane where the enemies heroes are near the tower unless you are experienced enough to know if you can pull it off or not.

4. :scou: is TOO HARD contray to popular belief for a new player to play him. He is very inefficient at the carry role and serves another purpose. Other carries are better because they are more consistant.

5. Middle lane is for the person who benefits from more levels early game. :pyro: :valk: :tort: :fors: :succ: as examples because their skills scale really fast. Although plateau once they max it(except imba archer and maybe valk), which is why they need it asap.

9. The game is not so much about being smart nowadays but rather then knowing the typical tricks to use in a certain situation. If you are next to the enemy tower and you see 0 hero dots at the other lanes. You may or may not die instantly. You will have your chance to be smart when you get better.

10. Don't play hard carries such as :sand: :dark: :wild: :madm: and whatever else i'm too lazy to list. Don't play support either that wont get you good either. Play some of the following and do as I list:

:devo:: Hit level 7 and roam around ganking lanes that over extend into your tower. Make sure theres allies around you to help finish the guy off when you start eatng him.

:pyro:: Go middle, buy a chicken, some consumable hp regen and some stats. Last hit till you have 600 gold. Buy bottle on chicken send to you. Hit level 7 and start ganking nonstop. BLBLBLBLOOOODBATH

:pupp:: Good mix of everything. If you do well you can carry and if you don't you can resort to farming alittle bit to get that extra gold. You can gank very well with this guy since Puppet Show is a great gank initiator and can get you in range to string and beat the **** out of him. Good with allies with ganking since he keeps them in place for awhile.

:fors:: Theres no reason that you should do bad with this hero. But since you are bad in general its fine. This guy has almost every mechanic and class built it. Carry, ganker, initiator, teamfight aoe, stun, poision, farm, baby sitter.

:phar:: Another difficult and frustrating hero. You don't do that much damage when everyone is level 11-16ish but you are great in team fights. This hero is great in learning the hard lesson of mana management which can be applied to every other hero.

:valk:: Too fun to mention anything.

These are just gross over simplifcations of heroes you should be playing. Theres a lot more heroes like these but these are the only ones I can think of. The purpose of playing these heroes is that they are very aggressive early. Learning how to handle yourself early game and killing players will be very helpful in you learning how to get better. Supporting players and farming all game without no real knowledge of the game will get you stuck on noob level.

A lot more I could say, but I cant really think of anything.

6 - What stupid advice, Even in a noob game wards can WIN you the game.

7 - Electrician is one of the best laners in the game, so think again.

8 - Dont know how you think dsham is not worth playing, one of the best babysitters and a decent support.

9 - i agree with not playing most hard carrys, then you list devourer as an easier option? Ive seen people 500 games in still fail at 99.999% of hooks, what chance does a beginner have.

rest is fine.

Spoutnik16
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
6 - What stupid advice, Even in a noob game wards can WIN you the game.

6- In noob games, ppl don't know when to gank and when not to. This means, you can only ward defensively, and having a strong def doesn't win noob games.

akitoes
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
basically warding benefits your entire team, but if your team is dumb they don't benefit a lot from it

KingMoscow
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah to be honest if you want to be successful mid, one of the easiest ways to do it is rune whoring. Wards make that easy, whilst serving the double purpose of allowing you to watch traffic up and down the river and the ramps.

I see wards used quite a lot in 1500+ games (albeit mostly BD).