PDA

View Full Version : Rampage Change

krucifix
01-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Simple change actually, just a simple change to Rampage's Stampede ability.

Stampede

Rampage points out a target to his Rhino, starting a stampede that quickly increases in speed stunning the target, and snaring any body that he runs through.

Action > Target Entity Type > Enemy Units

Type: Magic
Range: 600
Radius: 200
Cast time: 0.5 seconds
Mana cost: 140
Cooldown: 14.0 seconds
Required Level: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7

Activation
Quickly charges to target enemy unit (Projectile speed quickly increasing up to ~1500). Enemies who are charged through are pushed back and snared for 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% for 4 seconds, non diminishing. Target unit is stunned for 2.0 seconds.
All targets affected will take 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 magic damage.

Provides unit and tree walking.

Rampage would then be a fine hero, providing great ganking power, with strong team fight utility, and mobility.

edit: One of the properties this spell would inherit from the old Stampede, is it's ability to lock on to a target, even if they blink away. Really enforcing the fact that Rampage is a ganker who counters blink heroes.

Qwernakus
01-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Dont like it :(

The defining thing about rampage is his map-wide charge. This removes that perk. Dont like.

krucifix
01-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Forget about 'defining', it's about making heroes viable. And this gives Rampage that competitive edge, he now becomes a very viable ganker.

NoobishNoob
01-03-2010, 09:19 AM
I still kinda prefer dealing damage to knockbacked units based on his attack damage, that way, it would still synergize with Might of the Herd, the speed boost, etc., plus scales better late game.

Either way, like the concept.

krucifix
01-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Explain that a bit more, Noobish?

dealing damage to knockbacked units based on his attack damage

I don't fully get that.

volcan33
01-03-2010, 09:43 AM
well, i like the range from the original Stampede,but this one seens much more useful in team battles and ganks.
does it still got unit and tree walking?or its sort of a blink?

NoobishNoob
01-03-2010, 09:53 AM
you know, kinda similar to Pandamonium's skills, deals damage by 100% of his damage, and since Might of the Herd bonus damage increases with your move speed which also increases when you charge, you deal higher damage especially on late game.

krucifix
01-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Ohhhh, ok, I'll sleep on that idea, and come back tomorrow with an addition then. Nice thinking, Noobish.

@volcan33
He still gains unit and tree walking, but not cliff walking.

Kind of another type of leap in between a full leap (Valkyrie) and the restricted leaps (tDL/Kraken).

edit: Could even bring the broken trees in for this. So whenever he Stampede's through the forest, you can say good bye to the trees (but remember, he still needs a target to target Stampede on, so it's not like he can knock the forest down like Deadwood can).

krucifix
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
One of the bonus' over this stun, compared to others, is it can be made to be unavoidable by blinks (the same way his charge is now).

This also helps address the issue of Blink based carries getting away from ganks too easily.

PROc
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I think his charge needs to be changed in other ways rather than this. I see this as a nerf not a buff.

krucifix
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Care to explain. It gains damage, push back, and snare, is usable in team fights, and is far more 'instant'.

In fact, it's basically, a good version of charge, but instead of global range, it's 600. 600 range is huge in any team fight.

NoobishNoob
01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Wait a minute, he lost his global range that made him ftw awesome that makes enemy say wtf when he suddenly appears right next to them with magic immunity???

krucifix
01-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Wait a minute, he lost his global range that made him ftw awesome that makes enemy say wtf when he suddenly appears right next to them with magic immunity???

Uh.. yes.

Unless you're playing against retards, he never 'suddenly' appears right next to them.

Even if he's moving at 522, the debuff (Watch Out!) appears early enough for an opponent to TP away from him. Useless in 90% of high level play situations.

NOSAKIAS
01-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Not good.

Rommi
01-05-2010, 05:37 AM
vote already i like it ... makes ramp really a challenge at start especially when u do 100dmg to everything on your way so you can chase as a damn good hero

krucifix
01-05-2010, 06:27 AM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=62794