PDA

View Full Version : Way of the Sword / Gash Repetition

Eros
12-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Swiftblade's Way of the Sword:
Level 4 : 36% chance for 2.0x critical strike

Madman's Gash:
Level 4 : 28% chance for 2.0x critical strike

Does anyone else besides me feel like its a little repetitive and silly for Madman to have a nerfed version of Swiftblade's crit?

I mean, at least Puppet and Scout have variations in their forms of crit that make them a little different.

I remember back when Gash had a higher %, and was then reduced for balance reasons... But I don't honestly think that was the right solution...

So I guess I'm just curious, does anyone else think that its okay for there to be a skill that functions EXACTLY the same way, but at a lower frequency? None of the other proc skills in the game fall guilty to this, (Bashes, for example), as each type is either comparable or slightly different.

IIIustrious
12-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeh, but Madman scales way better anyway.

Cataclysma
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Madman is a better carry than Swiftblade, as his ultimate increases his attack speed to amazing levels, essentially making the small difference between 28% and 36% less noticeable as he will be proccing his crit A LOT more than Swiftblade.

Tyrando
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
ye its fine because its a Balance issue, Madman is considered 1 of the best carries whilst Swiftblade doesnt really even make the cut

balsafresh
12-28-2009, 04:38 PM
He's not saying that the skills are unequal. He's saying that it's lame to have two different heroes with the exact same skill, albeit with a different percentage to proc.

FiNGERS
12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Only one hero in the game should crit? Tell me why that would make sense.

Bobnintendo
12-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Only one hero in the game should crit? Tell me why that would make sense.

Did you even read his post? Whiplash and Disarm are crit skills as well, but with a twist. And the other 2 crit skills are those of Madman and Swiftblade (excluding Riftshards), and they are exactly the same, except for those 8%.
I mean in DotA there was at least Chaos Knight's crit which had low % chance, but high multiplier, and with Naga Siren's crit it's the same just the other way around.

Eros
12-28-2009, 05:00 PM
The maturity of this community never ceases to amaze me.

Did you even read his post? Whiplash and Disarm are crit skills as well, but with a twist. And the other 2 crit skills are those of Madman and Swiftblade (excluding Riftshards), and they are exactly the same, except for those 8%.
I mean in DotA there was at least Chaos Knight's crit which had low % chance, but high multiplier, and with Naga Siren's crit it's the same just the other way around.

This is exactly what I was thinking, I think variations in the type of crit make it more interesting.

Decency
12-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Would probably be a cool way to nerf Madman if someone could think of another useful (NON SCALING) skill that wouldn't make him overpowered.

GGreenBass
12-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Thats like comparing Witch Slayer's ult and Pyro's ult. Please don't.

ElementUser
12-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Closed, this is Balance-related