PDA

View Full Version : Ask a question, get an answer.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Ruscour
09-20-2009, 07:01 AM
ok guys now i have an accound... but I dont know what to do now... I cant find any links to download the beta 1.46 ... Can someone help???

Just download the older client and it'll update itself when you run it. Pretty nifty, really.

As the nubcake I am, I have two questions...

1. I often have to run back to heal, I know it's because I'm not careful enough. Because of this, I sometimes get underleveled compared to everyone else. What's a good way to get my level up and not feel like a wanker for not helping people gank?

2. What do you buy when you've run out of things to buy? Is it better to get items you already have or pick stuff that looks good? Of course this only happens on EM.

Ranx
09-20-2009, 07:18 AM
1. I often have to run back to heal, I know it's because I'm not careful enough. Because of this, I sometimes get underleveled compared to everyone else. What's a good way to get my level up and not feel like a wanker for not helping people gank?

2. What do you buy when you've run out of things to buy? Is it better to get items you already have or pick stuff that looks good? Of course this only happens on EM.

1. Be sure to play careful, esp when melee and you don't have a proper babysitter (= someone that harasses the enemy allowing you to farm properly). More importantly, always carry Runes and/or Health Pots and/or Mana pots with you (esp at start). But its not uncommen (read: often practise) that midgame you carry a health pot or 2 with you as well.
Most important item? Homecoming stones! Cuts the time you're running back and forth effectively in half!

Even teh elitist pro's make mistakes - they just tend to have health pots/homecoming stones with them so they don't have to run (alot).

2. When really-really out of things to buy? Uhf, Behemoth's Heart, Mock of Brilliance, Sac Stone.
If those are you're primairy things to buy and you have money left over....ehm, Refresher Orb, Codex. Pff, don't think this really ever happens tho (unless you're 100-0 and the enemy still hasn't conceded).

Ranx
09-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Who works best against Arachna? Whenever I play with friends and someone is her, they just destroy everyone. I was wondering how could go 1 on 1 with her and win (with ease if possible)

Predator rocks the boat. And Magmus. And Valk. And Wildsoul.
There are a couple, but yeah as said, the game isnt (and shouldn't be) balanced around 1v1/2v2.

If creating a game you can always exclude certain heroes that ruin 1v1/2v2 (Arachna/Succubus comes to mind, but so do 20 others really).

Edit: yes its hard to reply to multiple questions in one post! qqq

Shirosaki
09-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Is there a mode where the stats are not counted?

Ranx
09-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Is there a mode where the stats are not counted?

Practise mode. Can select it when creating a game.

Shirosaki
09-20-2009, 07:32 AM
ah lol i havent known that either xD^^ but i mean playing with other friends^^ ,too like an inhouse but the stats are not counted ^^

Thx for the answer!

Chillaxed
09-20-2009, 07:44 AM
ah lol i havent known that either xD^^ but i mean playing with other friends^^ ,too like an inhouse but the stats are not counted ^^Currently there is not since (AFAIK) the option to not record stats in the game creation window is not functional yet. But it should be in the future and then you can simply open games which will not have stats recorded.

Pro
09-20-2009, 08:47 AM
What items do you get on booboo and wildsoul? I read alot of different stuff.
Some people tell you to go for gloves and boots on booboo others say brutalizer, warp cleft ....

Last game i went on booboo: 5x gloves 1x boots and on wildsoul charged hammer, steamboots (agi), 2 bracers, and wingbow and it worked out nice.

Any suggestions?

sHoWTiMe
09-20-2009, 10:09 AM
What is the best counter to magebane (in the end)? I've read somewhere that bloodhunter can **** him up good in the beginning but what do you do if the games lasts long. I've had countless of games where this magebane just nailes everyone in the end.

Some long stuns + silence perhaps?

I've noticed that predator can 1v1 him though.

Ranx
09-20-2009, 10:31 AM
What items do you get on booboo and wildsoul? I read alot of different stuff.
Some people tell you to go for gloves and boots on booboo others say brutalizer, warp cleft ....

Last game i went on booboo: 5x gloves 1x boots and on wildsoul charged hammer, steamboots (agi), 2 bracers, and wingbow and it worked out nice.

Any suggestions?

Booboo has an enormous amount of hitpoints, especially early and midgame, hence is never the main target in a fight. This leads to the single most effective item on him being Mock of Brilliance.

Basic build would be:
Booboo: Boots + Mock of Brilliance
Wildsoul: Steamboots + Abyssal Skull
Bracelets/rings as required.

Later you can get a Wingbow on Wildsoul. Lastly perhaps a Warpcleft and/or a Shield Breaker, but those are luxury.

If farming doesn't go well you can indeed stack gloves on Booboo for increased attack speed, but I would suggest practitioning farming.

What is the best counter to magebane (in the end)? I've read somewhere that bloodhunter can **** him up good in the beginning but what do you do if the games lasts long. I've had countless of games where this magebane just nailes everyone in the end.

Some long stuns + silence perhaps?

I've noticed that predator can 1v1 him though.

True right clickers with a low mana pool - Predator, Wildsoul, Hammer, Chronos, Blood, you get the point.

Trick is to not let him farm tho, he's not that great early/mid game.

Pro
09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Steamboots on booboo? He doesnt even get the stats it gives

nervath
09-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Is there a good counter to Soul Reaper taking Withering Presence at level 1?

In a single draft game I recently got stuck with Kraken and Magebane in a lane against Soul Reaper and Legionnaire and I found the life drain from Withering Presence absolutely debilitating. All I could do was huge tower and try to stay in exp range. Even if we’d had a ranged hero, Withering Presence drains with a range of 1000, and Soul Reaper’s attack has a range of 600, so it seems like it’s be hard to harass him back very far.

I noticed that neither Devour nor Static Grip will stop a Behemoth Fissure that has been started but not yet executed. Does anyone know if this is the intended behavior?

For example, you have Electrician and you run into a Behemoth in the woods. Behemoth immediate casts a Fissure at you. You hit him with Static Grip will his animation is slamming the ground, but before the fissure has started. The Static Group sound effect and animation go off, then you get hit by the Fissure which obviously breaks the grip. Likewise with Devour and I presume Pollywog’s Magic Bindings. I don’t play DotA, so I can’t attempt replicate the behavior there. None of these spells list mini-stun in there effects, which I presume is why they do not interrupt casting-in-progress, but it still seems really odd that you can get someone in a hard-disable and still get clobbered by them.

Kevano
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
I had heard that Andromeda's ability "Aurora", was not working properly when used, so instead of putting points in it, I've been putting them into stats. Does Aurora work now, or is there a time when it will be again?

twigs
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
hey all

i've been having problems seeing any games at all. its says retrieving list and then nothing. it says no games found...i have the update and it was installed. i have tried relogging tons of times. i even restarted by pc.

the thing is i have the game loaded on my laptop (which isn't as good as my pc) and it works fine. but ya i cant see games on my computer that is connected directly to the router.

please help and let me know of any suggestions.

peace

dune
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
hey all

i've been having problems seeing any games at all. its says retrieving list and then nothing. it says no games found...i have the update and it was installed. i have tried relogging tons of times. i even restarted by pc.

the thing is i have the game loaded on my laptop (which isn't as good as my pc) and it works fine. but ya i cant see games on my computer that is connected directly to the router.

please help and let me know of any suggestions.

peace

Technical questions are best asked to the technical support forum, not the Guides and Strategies.

OpT1mUs
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
How do you switch/trade heroes with someone on hero selection screen (for example SD)

dune
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Before you press 'ready' there will be a small icon to the right of each hero portrait which you can switch with. Once the switch invitation is sent the other player must click on the other hero's portrait.

Ranx
09-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Is there a good counter to Soul Reaper taking Withering Presence at level 1?

In a single draft game I recently got stuck with Kraken and Magebane in a lane against Soul Reaper and Legionnaire and I found the life drain from Withering Presence absolutely debilitating. All I could do was huge tower and try to stay in exp range. Even if we’d had a ranged hero, Withering Presence drains with a range of 1000, and Soul Reaper’s attack has a range of 600, so it seems like it’s be hard to harass him back very far.

First of I would suggest having a babysitter for Kraken and/or Magebane when laning.
But a Soul Reaper with Withering presence at start means he has no self heal, nor high dmg output, nor mana regen. Legionnaire tends to skip taunt as first ability, meaning they didn't have any form of self defence -> if your middle laner would be informed of this you could perfectly well have a fb on Soul Reaper. But again, take a babysitter with you next time.
Also, be sure to do a lane pull with neutrals every time you can (assuming you went bot with your 2 melee).

I noticed that neither Devour nor Static Grip will stop a Behemoth Fissure that has been started but not yet executed. Does anyone know if this is the intended behavior?

For example, you have Electrician and you run into a Behemoth in the woods. Behemoth immediate casts a Fissure at you. You hit him with Static Grip will his animation is slamming the ground, but before the fissure has started. The Static Group sound effect and animation go off, then you get hit by the Fissure which obviously breaks the grip. Likewise with Devour and I presume Pollywog’s Magic Bindings. I don’t play DotA, so I can’t attempt replicate the behavior there. None of these spells list mini-stun in there effects, which I presume is why they do not interrupt casting-in-progress, but it still seems really odd that you can get someone in a hard-disable and still get clobbered by them.

Afaik in DotA it would indeed cancel the cast, but in HoN it doesn't on any hero - I would think intended, or simply overlooked. Something for the Mechanics thread.

I had heard that Andromeda's ability "Aurora", was not working properly when used, so instead of putting points in it, I've been putting them into stats. Does Aurora work now, or is there a time when it will be again?

It did what the description exactly said it would do: Decrease armor and dmg output for all enemies it hit in a straight line and provide vision of the enemies it hit.
In DotA however it provided vision of the area regardless of whether it hit enemies. This has been added/fixed in HoN a few patches ago as well.

KissKiss
09-21-2009, 11:42 AM
What's the skills do you level on Hellbringer? They all seem useful early on, but which one/s should I be focusing on?

Eserem
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
What's the skills do you level on Hellbringer? They all seem useful early on, but which one/s should I be focusing on?

1. Life Void
2. Death Boil
3. Death Boil
4. Unholy Shackles
5. Death Boil
6. Summon Malphas
7. Death Boil
8. Unholy Shackles
9. Unholy Shackles
10. Unholy Shackles
11. Summon Malphas
12-14. Life Void
16. Summon Malphas

That's how I generally play him. Life Void's lifesteal is the same at level one as four, so only one level is needed early on to heal up to full hp in lane and so on. Just hit the creep wave with the spell and auto attack until it wears out.

dreamex
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM

Usually 1 - Unholy Shackles, 2-3 Death Boil OR Life Void depending if you're being harassed or doing the harassing, 4 - whichever you didn't get at 2-3, 5 - Death Boil, 6 Malphas, 7 - Death Boil, 8 - 10 Unholy Shackles.

2 levels in Life Void early is often enough to keep you alive in most lanes, while it's not necessary at all against weak lanes.

dArKsLaYeR_
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Why is casval/jasminelily/nome so bad?

XoRcYsT
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Disclaimer: I'm a noob.

With that said, I keep hearing talk about support characters should buy a courier at the beginning of a match to share with the team...

Is there really a way to share control so that more than one player can move/use it?

Or does that just mean that you need to spend all game microing it around with items on it for people? Which if this is the case then I'm confused as I'd think you'd also have to buy the items for the people and I doubt that's the case.

So please enlighten me as to how you effectively "share" a courier.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but I spent the last 20 mins searching forums for this and there's too many generic posts with the keyword courier.

Thanks!

sHoWTiMe
09-21-2009, 12:54 PM

With that said, I keep hearing talk about support characters should buy a courier at the beginning of a match to share with the team...

Is there really a way to share control so that more than one player can move/use it?

Or does that just mean that you need to spend all game microing it around with items on it for people? Which if this is the case then I'm confused as I'd think you'd also have to buy the items for the people and I doubt that's the case.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but I spent the last 20 mins searching forums for this and there's too many generic posts with the keyword courier.

Thanks!

When you choice options menu, to leave the game/concede/pause you can vink/unvink next to the players' name: share courier.

dreamex
09-21-2009, 12:54 PM

Thanks!

In the UI in the top left corner with all of your teammate's portraits there are little toggles that can be switched on to share control of either only the courier or full control of every unit you control.

This can also be toggled from the menu screen (f10)

PieExplosion
09-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Does map pinging have some specific meaning other than little blips on the map?

dune
09-21-2009, 01:37 PM
If you press the space bar after the ping, the screen will centre on the spot which was pinged.

XoRcYsT
09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
In the UI in the top left corner with all of your teammate's portraits there are little toggles that can be switched on to share control of either only the courier or full control of every unit you control.

This can also be toggled from the menu screen (f10)

You rock...thank you!

Ranx
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM

As visual aid:

http://s3.directupload.net/images/090918/w2w448tx.jpg
Those are the control sharing options. If you click it once, it will share Courier control with that player, if you click it twice it will share full unit control and a third time resets it. Useful if someone has bought a monkey to get your items to the frontlines more quickly.

Draxx
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM
What were the reasons for nerfing Behemoth's Heart? It seemed the only real way for tankish characters to scale end game, now str heroes don't have much lasting power.

dune
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
It was to prevent a hero simply staying in combat for years on end because of something between 25 and 35 HP/sec bonus regen. It was as crazy as the old Sac Stone with many many charges on it.

Bricksauce
09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Is there a way to disassemble an item you made?

For instance, I was playing Pest and I bought Marchers and then began to make an Insanitarius and along the way it created Enhanced Marchers for me instead which were definitely not in my plans. I ended up selling them to buy Insanitarius mats and then making Steamboots afterwards which was pretty sucky.

dreamex
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM

For instance, I was playing Pest and I bought Marchers and then began to make an Insanitarius and along the way it created Enhanced Marchers for me instead which were definitely not in my plans. I ended up selling them to buy Insanitarius mats and then making Steamboots afterwards which was pretty sucky.

Put it in your Stash (at base), Left Click the item in your stash.

This only works for items that assemble automatically, items that require a recipe cannot be disassembled.

rpg711
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Put in stash. Click. Disassembled.

Only works on non-recipe items(and only 1 recipe item, geometer's bane, I believe)

EontheWolf
09-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I had 2 questions.
Can you add more than one poll to a thread?
And what's the typical 'range number' for melee? Or is it 150 like DotA? I can't find the info, and tryin to see what attack type n range my hero should be (IE a lil longer than normal with melee or a slighty shorter than average ranged)
EDIT: It'd also help just for general knowledge purposes. IE In correlation to other heroes, and maybe make it just a bit easier to recognize say....an aoe distance of 200 or 250

Aceofspies
09-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Can you quit a clan?

megacannibal
09-22-2009, 01:09 AM
When will none EM HoN games not be all AoE's and CC's.

Novastorm
09-22-2009, 05:49 AM
What is the Remade Scout's Disarm?
I know there's % crit but is the Disarm a stun or just attack prevention i.e. can still cast spells?
Taken from changelog
"- New Ability: Disarm
*Ability slot 3 (E)

*Grants a 10/15/20/25% chance on attack to disarm your target for 3 seconds, preventing it from attacking
*Deals +25/50/75/100% bonus damage with the disarming attack"

Puchi
09-22-2009, 07:15 AM
What is the Remade Scout's Disarm?
I know there's % crit but is the Disarm a stun or just attack prevention i.e. can still cast spells?
Taken from changelog
"- New Ability: Disarm
*Ability slot 3 (E)

*Grants a 10/15/20/25% chance on attack to disarm your target for 3 seconds, preventing it from attacking
*Deals +25/50/75/100% bonus damage with the disarming attack"

Yes you can still cast spells when disarmed but you cannot hit, you get a icon over your head that looks like a sword when scout is hitting you..

When will none EM HoN games not be all AoE's and CC's.

The question you want t0o ask is when will HON not be all about AoE's and CC's :)

Ranx
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Can you quit a clan?
Yes, with the button 'Leave clan'.

Puchi
09-22-2009, 07:42 AM
or by typing i chat
"/leave clan"

09-22-2009, 08:02 AM
I use a skill on an opponent that stuns him for 2 sec. After one second a team mate uses a stun skill on the same opponent that stuns for 2 sec, too.

What happens? Is the hero stunned for 3 sec now or does the time start from zero and the stun duration is 2 sec from the last applied spell?

TIA

Ranx
09-22-2009, 08:12 AM
I use a skill on an opponent that stuns him for 2 sec. After one second a team mate uses a stun skill on the same opponent that stuns for 2 sec, too.

What happens? Is the hero stunned for 3 sec now or does the time start from zero and the stun duration is 2 sec from the last applied spell?

TIA

The target now has 2 debuffs, 1 still lasting from the first stun (so 1 second remaining) and one from the second stun (which has 2 seconds remaining). After 1 second the first debuff (stun) has worn of and the second debuff still has 1 second remaining. Meaning a total of 2 seconds stun-time.

Ergo, it doesn't add up, it overwrites (so 2 seconds from the last applied spell).

Ranx
09-22-2009, 08:13 AM

TIA

The target now has 2 debuffs, 1 still lasting from the first stun (so 1 second remaining) and one from the second stun (which has 2 seconds remaining). After 1 second the first debuff (stun) has worn of and the second debuff still has 1 second remaining. Meaning a total of 2 seconds stun-time.

Ergo, it doesn't add up, it overwrites (so 2 seconds from the last applied spell).

Corvias
09-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm making a serious effort to be less noobish for the sake of my team/clan mates. Thus, this is a two part question.

A) I get confused as hell during hero pick sometimes (specifically single-draft) which usually results in rage from my team AND ending up with a random hero OR picking a hero that results in rage from my team. How do I know what hero I should pick in order to contribute to a nice balanced team?

B) I have a bad memory, and memorizing all of the roles and abilities for each hero is going to take me a long time. Is there a rule of thumb to tell by looking at a hero's stats what role that hero plays in a team? (ie, carry, support, etc)?

dreamex
09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm making a serious effort to be less noobish for the sake of my team/clan mates. Thus, this is a two part question.

A) I get confused as hell during hero pick sometimes (specifically single-draft) which usually results in rage from my team AND ending up with a random hero OR picking a hero that results in rage from my team. How do I know what hero I should pick in order to contribute to a nice balanced team?

B) I have a bad memory, and memorizing all of the roles and abilities for each hero is going to take me a long time. Is there a rule of thumb to tell by looking at a hero's stats what role that hero plays in a team? (ie, carry, support, etc)?

A.) It's probably the fault of your team as well. I find that no one ever likes to play support and everybody complains when you play anything other than a babysitter. Regardless, in RD/SD try to ask your teammates what heroes they're picking and pick accordingly.

B.) No not really, given that stats don't define a hero's roles, rather, his/her abilities do. But you often can't tell that from the load out screen as it's all high level description bullshit.

ElvenSavior
09-22-2009, 09:37 AM
General question, does Shield Breaker stack? -12 armor with 2? I know it's the best dmg/cost item so if it stacks I'll probably just horde a couple of those.

SolidStroke
09-22-2009, 09:41 AM
General question, does Shield Breaker stack? -12 armor with 2? I know it's the best dmg/cost item so if it stacks I'll probably just horde a couple of those.

No, you can't have the same effect on your twice, which is why the same 2 auras don't stack... 2x Arcane Hides don't stack, etc.

jar
09-22-2009, 09:44 AM

A) I'm no pro, but in Single Draft you should always be communicating in team chat as soon as you can see your 3 hero options. Let them know from the start which heroes you have. If none of them will type out what they want to play and just wait around until the last 3 seconds to pick, there's really nothing you can do. They are bad and you're probably going to lose. The most ideal situation is for your team to discuss who's playing what and then all of you wait until sub 5 seconds to pick (unless the other team has already picked up and ready'd up). If for whatever you find yourself playing with people who don't speak english, you need to look at their picks and pick a hero that would syngergize well or something your team lacks. If they all pick agi and int, you should pick a strength hero. If they all pick melee, you should pick a ranged stunner/disabler/nuker. The composition of a team really means a lot.

B) You can not tell by looking at a heroes stats as to what role they will play. For instance, Madman and Slither are both Agility heroes. Madman is an excellent carry and Slither is not a carry (i guess you could build him for one but he's definitely not optimal). Your best bet is to just study up on heroes and learn all their abilities.

Corvias
09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Ack. I meant random-draft, not single-draft. though I suppose the same advice applies. Thanks.

Jigglypoop
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
How does the shift key work? I know it queues your next move, but I don't know how to use it properly.

An example on key presses would help.

SkymacAttack
09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
when im on the hero selection screen and i want to tell my teammates over VOIP but i just typed something i end up typing ttttttttttt in chat. How can i switch back to talking in my mic without rebinding my push to talk key (t being the default).

m00nman
09-23-2009, 12:28 AM
when im on the hero selection screen and i want to tell my teammates over VOIP but i just typed something i end up typing ttttttttttt in chat. How can i switch back to talking in my mic without rebinding my push to talk key (t being the default).

I find it effective to click in the user list on the chat. That's the only sure fire way I have found.

d3sdichad0
09-23-2009, 12:31 AM
1st post bare with my ignorance plz...

Does magebane mana combustion stack with lifesteal?? i just got owned by a lifestealing mana burning imba monster and i think it should be changed.

(and im pretty sure i got my mana burned and he lifestealed with helm of dominator eq.)

i was a low hp int but at some point even the tanks where getting owned

Ranx
09-23-2009, 02:15 AM
1st post bare with my ignorance plz...

Does magebane mana combustion stack with lifesteal?? i just got owned by a lifestealing mana burning imba monster and i think it should be changed.

(and im pretty sure i got my mana burned and he lifestealed with helm of dominator eq.)

i was a low hp int but at some point even the tanks where getting owned

Yes it stacks, like virtually all orb effects. Only thing that doesn't stack is double the same orb effect (like Dominator with Elder Parasite). Altho there are even exceptions to that, since Dominator gives direct lifesteal, whereas Abyssal Skull provides a lifesteal aura, and those 2 do stack.

More into Magebane however - he's very fragile, especially early game. Be sure he doesn't get farmed up. Late game he's still quite fragile, so with a stun combined with Totem hex you should be able to dmg him severely.

SkymacAttack
09-23-2009, 02:30 AM
I find it effective to click in the user list on the chat. That's the only sure fire way I have found.

thanks but i figured it out before you responded hitting esc works a lot better.

Kitad1
09-23-2009, 07:57 AM
for a jungling warbeast, what's best? whispering helmet or abyssal skull, or maybe both?

tamo
09-23-2009, 08:39 AM
What is your role with Wildsoul DURING jungling?
I read some guides and tried to rush mock on the bear in a public game. The problem was, that the other team was not so stupid and let me farm, so they just start ganking from lvl 4-5 to the end. Also the other team had a legio, who scout our woods.

So, i had just a hatchet and a shield on the bear and 3 tangos on wild and didn't know what to buy next. Any Suggestions?

P.S. It was my 2nd or 3rd time playing wildsoul and it was an EM-game. Does it even make sense to jungle in EM-games?

Thanks for your answers!

Ranx
09-23-2009, 09:29 AM
for a jungling warbeast, what's best? whispering helmet or abyssal skull, or maybe both?
Whispering helmet because you can upgrade it to the monster that is Satanic (apologies for the DotA term - I mean the 25% lifesteal with Beserker ability).

You should be using your wolves to help/push in lanes whilst you're neutraling, or the other way around. War Beast gives great lane control (maybe the best) whilst also being (arguably) the best farmer - you just need to micro your wolves and the hero separate from oneanother.

What is your role with Wildsoul DURING jungling?
I read some guides and tried to rush mock on the bear in a public game. The problem was, that the other team was not so stupid and let me farm, so they just start ganking from lvl 4-5 to the end. Also the other team had a legio, who scout our woods.

So, i had just a hatchet and a shield on the bear and 3 tangos on wild and didn't know what to buy next. Any Suggestions?

P.S. It was my 2nd or 3rd time playing wildsoul and it was an EM-game. Does it even make sense to jungle in EM-games?

Thanks for your answers!

Get some wards whilst jungling so you don't get ganked. Also, when they're 'ganking' you from lvl 4 and onwards that means at least 1 lane is completely deserted, makes for a good farm and push for the laners of your team.

As for item suggestions when you're just really having a bad day - go for Abyss Skull, boots on both BooBoo and yourself and some bracers. Not hard to farm and it should give you some lasting power.

But no, jungling in an EM game isnt that great, since towers have less hp and less dmg output (like 50%). Hence pushpushpushpush - let BooBoo tower dive (take tower hits whilst pressuring an enemy behind his own tower)!

jar
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
How does the shift key work? I know it queues your next move, but I don't know how to use it properly.

Shift key works just like in other RTS games. It puts actions in a queue to occur simultaneously.

For example. You are playing Magmus. His ultimate is very powerful, BUT has a very long cast time and his hammer shines a bright white and he holds it way over his head basically screaming "DISABLE/STUN/SILENCE ME!!!"

So, to be pro, you go hide in the fog the the side of your opponents who are all grouped up waiting for a big team battle versus your team. When your team is ready you start to cast your ultimate. Then using your Portal Stone (think this is the name, blink dagger from DotA) you shift-queue a blink into the enemy.

If your Portal Stone is in your top middle slot of your inventory (Alt + W) then the exact sequence of buttons to press to pull off this combo would be: R, then hold down Shift and press Alt and W together, then release Alt and W and then click in the middle of their team. You have to press all these buttons within 2 seconds so it takes a bit of practice. R, Shift, Alt, W, Click on their group = win.

You can do many other things with Shift queue though. If you are soloing mid you can shift queue your flying courier to make a trip to the fountain with your bottle, then queue it to come back and hand the bottle back to you then shift queue it to go hide in the woods nearby. This way you can keep your eyes on your solo mid area and keep your hero selected.

Clear your chat of any text. Then press Escape. After that you should be able to use "T" to voice chat.

Grimace
09-23-2009, 10:05 AM

Basically, any action you order your hero to do while holding down the SHIFT key will be performed after your current action is finished. Put simpler, it puts everything in a line. So if you're going to gank someone as Pyromancer, when you're a ways out, you can target your stun, then while holding shift, target them with both of your other spells. He'll cast all three faster than you would clicking manually.

Aarduil
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Is Sacrificial Heart still a viable purchase for a Pyromancer? I heard there are changes, but I haven't played in a while.

`quiCk_pwN
09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Is Sacrificial Heart still a viable purchase for a Pyromancer? I heard there are changes, but I haven't played in a while.
I would say yes because Pyromancer is basically a glass cannon meaning he can do a ton of damage but is killed very easily. Also his only escape skill is a mediocre stun and wont do much vs enemies that are faster or can blink and catch him.

MikeyTWolf
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Me = Nymph. Him = Night Hound.

Night hound uses teleport!
Nymph counters with Batarang! (lol :P)
Night Hound is stunned!
Nymph is slain by Night Hound! (WTF?)
Night Hound dissapears!

All the above happened in one half-second. Is this possible? My proof that he was stunned was that he gained a stunned sprite above his head, yet he managed to continue to kill me in one hit and escape two seconds before everyone else who was also stunned revived.

`quiCk_pwN
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM

Night Hound is stunned!
Night Hound dissapears!

All the above happened in one half-second. Is this possible? My proof that he was stunned was that he gained a stunned sprite above his head, yet he managed to continue to kill me in one hit and escape two seconds before everyone else who was also stunned revived.

I figure your stun ran out and he was spamming his pounce ability on you.

MikeyTWolf
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I figure your stun ran out and he was spamming his pounce ability on you.

Yeah actually, I would have been screwed AGAIN for the hundreth time since I was in a lane all alone stun or no stun. Was crying OP a lot to myself, but really I guess lack of time to discuss tactics with pub teams is the main problem. My guess is that once characters are revealed from that triple-shuffle mode, if the entire other team is not ready, nothing should really hurry them. :S

1:30 is NOT long enough for 5 random strangers to know each other's play styles and to form a team strategy. Adding in character swapping too, and those who don't have solo gods will find themselves crying to sleep every night. :P

I'm a support or INT(?) as you may call them, and I'm boned.

thepinoc
09-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah actually, I would have been screwed AGAIN for the hundreth time since I was in a lane all alone stun or no stun. Was crying OP a lot to myself, but really I guess lack of time to discuss tactics with pub teams is the main problem. My guess is that once characters are revealed from that triple-shuffle mode, if the entire other team is not ready, nothing should really hurry them. :S

1:30 is NOT long enough for 5 random strangers to know each other's play styles and to form a team strategy. Adding in character swapping too, and those who don't have solo gods will find themselves crying to sleep every night. :P

I'm a support or INT(?) as you may call them, and I'm boned.

It all depends on how well those 5 players can communicate. Who's gonna be top? Bottom? Solo mid? What characters? If people have a similar understanding and experience of the game, then their brains in a way should more or less be synchronized in terms of strategy. And then it goes back to textbook gameplay (laning, ganking, etc)

ImpBloody
09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
My advice for you against really any agility hero that is a carry...

Buy a Barbed armor

In all honesty, i don't see alot of these out and they are a great way to counter heroes if you are just getting destroyed by them.

Even if they do stop attacking you, it last for a long time and it allows you to pull of some skills to help out your team.

At least consider it =P

SHJordan
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
How do I create a game on the test map and with dev heroes enabled?

dreamex
09-24-2009, 12:27 AM

Night Hound is stunned!
Night Hound dissapears!

Sometimes if you take environment or neutral damage at the same time as hero damage even if the neutral damage kills you the hero will still be attributed the kill.

Well_Shebber
09-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Because I'm too lazy to look: Is there a hotkey for toggling the health/mana bars above peoples' heads? They turn off once in a while and I have to go into the menu to turn them back on. I feel like I'm hitting the hotkey for it by accident.

Lethe
09-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Because I'm too lazy to look: Is there a hotkey for toggling the health/mana bars above peoples' heads? They turn off once in a while and I have to go into the menu to turn them back on. I feel like I'm hitting the hotkey for it by accident.

' iirc

moors
09-24-2009, 04:14 AM
can i plz get an items guide for swiftblade?
i play well with him but my item choices really let me down
plz help me!
sam

Puchi
09-24-2009, 04:31 AM
plz help me!
sam

get
post haste
runed axe
wingbow
sybol of rage
shieldbreaker
and Shrunken head and watch them all die

SHJordan
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Can anyone answer my question?

coyye
09-24-2009, 06:55 AM
plz help me!
sam

Basic start; 2x duck boots + 1 mana potion + 1 healt potion + 1 rune of..
With does item you can stay out on the lane pretty long and with a good farm you can get a lifetube before they run out.

But all over - If you get a good early lane farm I would recommend you to get sustainer directly (with lifetube as first item..). However if you have to run back to base due to whatever reason get boots.

Then get Runed axe as first item since it's improve your ulti massively. Next item is Enchaned marchers and upgrade your duck boots to soulscrem rings. From this point you can get whatever item; (depending on farm, your team setup and opposite setup)

- Shieldbreaker (Also good to get lifesteal)
- Wingbow
- Heart
- Riftshards -> (Flayer)

Another thing that you can get depending to farm is another Runed Axe since they stack pretty awesome.

ifish
09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Hello!
Where to place stuff like scout ele eye, KoF gadget, wards, etc, to prevent myself and team from gank?
If it is possible - with pics)

Ye,ye i know. I'm noob.

ifish
09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
- Riftshards -> (Flayer)

Crit chance doesn't stack. Did i'm wrong?

dreamex
09-24-2009, 09:42 AM

yes and no.

Xirix
09-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Can anyone tell me how to equip items? I can't find the inventory either. You know..the one with the little version of you.

Complete n00b here...

Edit: Wait a minute...those 6 little bags is the inventory?

Puchi
09-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes, the 6 little bags, also known as inventory slots :D

Sub_
09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
how do you start a 1v1 game with just 603g? Choosing 5v5 and closing doesnt seem to work for me.

coyye
09-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Correct.
What I meant with that "->" was upgrade to.

coyye
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello!
Where to place stuff like scout ele eye, KoF gadget, wards, etc, to prevent myself and team from gank?
If it is possible - with pics)

Ye,ye i know. I'm noob.

River (at rune spots) and basically every way that a enemy hero need to take to gank you. A good rule is always to place the ward at uper-high grounds overlooking lower grounds. Never the opposite.

dreamex
09-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Correct.
What I meant with that "->" was upgrade to.

Crit Chance does stack, Crit damage doesn't stack and the highest crit multiplier is applied whenever a double crit is rolled.

I.E. you can't double crit for 4x damage.

Also crit chances are rolled individually based upon their chances so your final chance to crit reads like:

1 - (1-A) * (1-B) * (1-C)... * (1-N)

So for a swiftblade with base 36% crit you would have 1 - (1-0.36) = 36% Chance to crit (self explanatory)

If you add a Riftshards to the equation you would have 1 - (1-0.36) * (1-0.10) = 42.4% Chance to crit (36% chance to crit for 2x, 6.4% chance to crit for 1.75x)

If you add a Slayer to the equation you would have 1 - (1-0.36) * (1-0.10) * (1-0.20) = 53.9% Chance to crit (48.8% chance to crit for 2x, 5.1% chance to crit for 1.75x)

Zeefox1
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Where can i see how many psr i ll earn or lose in a match ?

LightRain
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
At the beginning of the match, before the countdown (before hero selection, when people can still connect/disconnect and move around in the teams) you should see the players arrayed on either side, and under their psr there will be a +number/-number. (+21/-18 for instance.) This indicates how many points the player stands to gain/lose.

siefat
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Whats the strongest DoT dmg wise (no ultimates) from a ranged hero?

sYthex
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Hellflower on Pyro? Don't you already have a ton of mana after staff of the master?

CannibalOx
09-24-2009, 08:26 PM
What does the kill death ratio mean? Lets say I have 1:5:1, what does the three numbers stand for?

LightRain
09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
The third number is assists.

Ranx
09-25-2009, 04:09 AM
What does the kill death ratio mean? Lets say I have 1:5:1, what does the three numbers stand for?

That second symbol is a dot (.).

Your stats say your k:d ratio is 1.5:1

Meaning for every death, you killed 1.5 times

For example, your stats can be 30 kills, 20 deaths.

Ranx
09-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Whats the strongest DoT dmg wise (no ultimates) from a ranged hero?

Voodoo Jester if you count his curse, and otherwise Hellbringer I think.

CannibalOx
09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
That second symbol is a dot (.).

Your stats say your k:d ratio is 1.5:1

Meaning for every death, you killed 1.5 times

For example, your stats can be 30 kills, 20 deaths.

ahh, it finally makes sense. Thanks!

Averlance
09-25-2009, 06:33 PM
where can i find the commands for console? i hope this is an unanswered question, cause i didnt look in all 30 pages, got sick after 6 :>

Voidi
09-25-2009, 06:46 PM
How to counter Tempest with Shrunken Head and Portal Key? Seems like every time I play against one who gets those two items, the game is basically over. Add some wards and / or Stealthers to scout your teams position and not even Shrunken on your entire team will help you cause you have to pop it beforehand.

neepz11
09-25-2009, 11:07 PM
why all the new items/heroes have nothing on their descriptions ?

Ruscour
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
How to counter Tempest with Shrunken Head and Portal Key? Seems like every time I play against one who gets those two items, the game is basically over. Add some wards and / or Stealthers to scout your teams position and not even Shrunken on your entire team will help you cause you have to pop it beforehand.

There isn't a huge amount you can do. An obvious one is to take it out FAST with an agi hero or something. The best thing you can do is try to get your team spread apart, and if you hear the meteor coming (which you can usually do before it hits) RUN LIKE ALL HELL.

Tempest usually jungles so it might be a good idea to gank him early so he doesn't wreck too much havoc later, remembering Portal Key & Shrunken Head = 2150 + 3900 = 6050 (I think)

Testknight
09-25-2009, 11:30 PM
If Tempest comprises his position, make him pay, or get the jump on his entire team with your intiator and attempt to force a weak (1-2 victims) ult. If you don't have an intiator, you were obviously outpicked.

Agamenon
09-26-2009, 12:42 AM
When start open beta??? I wana start punch noobs!!! :(

Rayzzen
09-26-2009, 12:50 AM
It may sound like a stupid question but how do i switch a hero.For example the mode is sdem and a player wants one of my heroes or just to switch the current chosen hero???

ScottP
09-26-2009, 12:54 AM
If someone wants to switch with you, click on their hero's portrait. If you want to choose another hero after picking already click the little arrow thing above your portrait.

d3sdichad0
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi i have another question.

How can i dissamble items, like in dota?

and

How can i get FPS and latency on screen?? the 1st time i installed HoN i remember seen those, after a reinstall cant see em any more....

tyvm

BuuK
09-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi i have another question.

How can i dissamble items, like in dota?

Drag the item to your stash and right click it.

magnetite
09-26-2009, 01:58 AM
My brother told me about this game. He said that this was kind of like Warcraft 3 except on steroids. I have no idea how to play this game. I played Warcraft 3 for maybe a week and didn't do too well. I picked a class, but then I stared at the items for about 5 minutes because I didn't know what to choose.

After the 5 minutes was up the other team started attacking my stuff, I hosted a private 1v1 game just to get a feel for the game.

How does this game work anyways? I take it it's not like Savage, except for some of the characters. Is there a tutorial or are you expected to know how to play once you install the game?

haugli
09-26-2009, 05:21 AM
What items should i focus on with Pyromancer? And what kind of play style?

dune
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
My brother told me about this game. He said that this was kind of like Warcraft 3 except on steroids. I have no idea how to play this game. I played Warcraft 3 for maybe a week and didn't do too well. I picked a class, but then I stared at the items for about 5 minutes because I didn't know what to choose.

After the 5 minutes was up the other team started attacking my stuff, I hosted a private 1v1 game just to get a feel for the game.

How does this game work anyways? I take it it's not like Savage, except for some of the characters. Is there a tutorial or are you expected to know how to play once you install the game?

There are literally dozens of beginners' guides on this forum, just have a read through! :D

SHJordan
09-26-2009, 11:42 AM
How do I start a game on test map and with dev heroes on? Can anyone answer me this?

sHoWTiMe
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM
It seems that most people don't buy a bottle first in high-tier games when going solo mid for example. I'm guessing that their team have a courier.

But what do you do in pubs where your team often doesn't buy a courier? Should I walk back and lose a lot of xp to buy the bottle later? Or should I buy a courier myself but lose perhaps some vital stats in the beginning?

Or should I just continue buying bottle alone first.

sHoWTiMe
09-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Also is there a decent guide for demented shaman around here? Haven't found one.

CannibalOx
09-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Sometimes when playing scout I have a blue-ish glow when I'm in vanish mode and actually don't seem invisible at all, but I am. Is this maybe some indicator that the opposing team has a bound eye or perhaps just a bug?

sanchago
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
where can i see the test map? how do i create a game with that map? the one with only 1 lane...

InflamesX
09-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Hey i want to know how i can play effective a Agility Melee charakter, because i fail hard with alle this classes in this spec :/

When i attack a enemy hero iam Faster dead then Everything and it can be everything of them i have no chance :(

my equping is not the fail i think i just know how to from the guide heres so i am probaly thing i play it wrong :)

hope u can help me , )DoR( Inflames

sidsavierre
09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
how to counter well-farmed pyromancer?

dune
09-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey i want to know how i can play effective a Agility Melee charakter, because i fail hard with alle this classes in this spec :/

When i attack a enemy hero iam Faster dead then Everything and it can be everything of them i have no chance :(

my equping is not the fail i think i just know how to from the guide heres so i am probaly thing i play it wrong :)

hope u can help me , )DoR( Inflames

Have a look at some of the guides on the forums regarding these heroes. A lot of your survivability depends on you getting a much higher farm than everyone else and buying survivability items in the early game and DPS items into the late game.

A Pyro, no matter how farmed, will always fall late game to a carry.

Qwernakus
09-27-2009, 06:40 AM

Shamans headdress, a little hp, and then just endure early-midgame. Then he will fall.

Chillaxed
09-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Note: I'm talking a bit more public games here btw because that's where most people are at.

What items should i focus on with Pyromancer? And what kind of play style?Most Pyros go solo mid, try to have some rune control and try to gank the other lanes as soon as possible, for exmaple when finding a good rune for it. Good runes in this case would be Haste/Regen/Invis but of course the other 2 are great as well.

Itemwise, I'd go for Bottle, then some basic stats(Hp) in the form of Fortified Bracelets and of course some boots (Steamboots or, if you're rich, Post Haste). After that the "good" item to buy is Totem of Kuldra but if you or your team in general are dominating, just grab a Staff of the Master and have some fun with your Ultimate. Bloodstone is also a good choice in general. From there it's survivability again, Frostfield Plate, Behemoth's Heart and if the situation calls for it maybe a Barbed Armor/Shaman's Headdress/Shrunken Head/Void Talisman.

In short: Try to solo mid, gank a lot, use the early/mid-game power of the mancer and try to end the game before their carries rape your face. :)

It seems that most people don't buy a bottle first in high-tier games when going solo mid for example. I'm guessing that their team have a courier.

But what do you do in pubs where your team often doesn't buy a courier? Should I walk back and lose a lot of xp to buy the bottle later? Or should I buy a courier myself but lose perhaps some vital stats in the beginning?

Or should I just continue buying bottle alone first.I'd say in pubby games this is more personal preference than anything else. Personally, I buy a bottle when I go solo mid. But it's really up to you, when you think you can't cope without the stats in beginning, go grab a stat loadout and get your bottle a couple minutes later.

Sometimes when playing scout I have a blue-ish glow when I'm in vanish mode and actually don't seem invisible at all, but I am. Is this maybe some indicator that the opposing team has a bound eye or perhaps just a bug?I've seen this too as my friend plays a lot of scout right now and I think it's simply Enhanced Marchers/Mana Potion active etc. Looks kinda weird in vanish. But it's NOT an indicator of a bound eye. :)

hope u can help me , )DoR( InflamesI find that most melee agility hereos not, contrary to popular belief, very easy to play. You need a lot of patience and a good eye for the movements of the game, especially in the beginning. Beware of ganks and don't try to go kill stuff too early. I'm speaking very general here of course since some melee agis can easily go Bloodlust like Swiftblade, but still.

Try to get at least one of your core items before you attempt anything serious. It takes patience and a bit of farming even in the face of possible ganks/team fights. Sometimes you just can't help enough and are better off finishing your item. This is a slippery slope of course, don't ricefarm all game, but get a bases so you can be useful. Hope that helps a bit.

how to counter well-farmed pyromancer?With any well farmed carry hero I'd say. Also, Shaman's Headdress and Shrunken Head are your friend. Use them and rape his face. ;)

StrawHatMark
09-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Can I use money transfer or bank to pay the pre order?
Example: Western Union, LBC for money transfer.
RCBC for bank. Please and thank you. More power to HoN!

Droggeltasse
09-27-2009, 06:49 AM

Or should I just continue buying bottle alone first.

I wont buy a bottle as first items cause it provides you nothing other than the regen. Your problem is solved in the most cases with the fact that the person who solos mid should be a hero that needs lvls faster and not items. That means in a lot of cases you are the guy who is the favorite to buy the courier for the team.

dune
09-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Can I use money transfer or bank to pay the pre order?
Example: Western Union, LBC for money transfer.
RCBC for bank. Please and thank you. More power to HoN!

This is probably best suited in another forum. This forum is only for Guides and Strategies relating to the gameplay of HoN. Try the General Beta Testing forum.

_Godspeed_
09-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I got a question, how do i get a beta key for my friends, i have buyed the game, :D and i said that i could invite firend(S) ;) so, i got 3 pals that want to try it out whit me, so where do i coloect it (Sorry for my english :()

Thankful for answears :)

_Godspeed_
09-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I got a question, how do i get a beta key for my friends, i have buyed the game, :D and i said that i could invite firend(S) ;) so, i got 3 pals that want to try it out whit me, so where do i coloect it (Sorry for my english :()

MinishMan
09-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Hello,

If I d/c from a game, and my team goes on to win, do I get a disconnect? Do I get a win or a loss? How is my PSR affected? Do my stats from that game get recorded?

Any help welcome,

Thanks.

Ranx
09-27-2009, 09:56 AM

http://beta.heroesofnewerth.com/main.php

On the top there's a button called 'Invite'.

If I d/c from a game, and my team goes on to win, do I get a disconnect? Do I get a win or a loss? How is my PSR affected? Do my stats from that game get recorded?

You will be counted as a dc. Your PSR will be affected as if you lost the game (as with all games you dc/quit from). Your stats as played will be recorded.

SHJordan
09-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Still nobody answer me. How can I start a game with test map and with dev heroes on?

Nubzorro
09-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Hmmm, is it possible for there to be a multiplayer practice game?

dune
09-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Still nobody answer me. How can I start a game with test map and with dev heroes on?

Either people are trying to spite you or, much more likely, they don't know. Try asking in other forums as well.

Lethargica1
09-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Hmmm, is it possible for there to be a multiplayer practice game?

there is, you just uncheck the "record stats" button. But the last time i used it, it was bugged, and recorded the stats

sHoWTiMe
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Does anyone ever buy a doombringer?

Ranx
09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes.

sHoWTiMe
09-27-2009, 02:30 PM
On which hero and in which situations? :P

LightRain
09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Any carry, after you've effectively won, if you're fooling around :P

Kitad1
09-27-2009, 03:04 PM
what about an scout with an early doombringer? it could mean havoc

ZyGote
09-27-2009, 03:11 PM
I've seen it on an Arachna 15 minutes into the game..not sure how that happened but it owned face.

dune
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Any game where you see someone with a Doombringer either they are very pro (and don't think much of their opponents) or very noob (and don't realise what peril they may be putting their team in). As a rule of thumb, never buy a Doombringer, under any circumstances.

Ever.

Nubzorro
09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
there is, you just uncheck the "record stats" button. But the last time i used it, it was bugged, and recorded the stats

Well, I mean a multiplayer game on the practice servers where you get the spawn and test functions. I wanted to test out some stuff with a friend.

Yuralz
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Question here.

Do DoT effects continue to deal damage after the target is cycloned? I've recently started trying Stormspirit on DS and Voodoo (405 move speed lols) and I want to know if I Mojo/Entangle/Cursed Ground someone and then cyclone them, what happens?

Does the entire effect get despelled? Does is stop working for the 2.5 seconds the target is cycloned? Does it simply continue to deal damage all the way through?

Ubiquity111
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
often when a game is made with a requirement of <1400 psr or <1 K:D the game room fills up to nine and then several people join and are kicked for being above the requirements of the game.

is it a good idea to add a couple of spectator slots so that more than one person at a time can join when the player slots are almost full ?(potentially with players that may need to be kicked) ?
if not, why ?

Ubiquity111
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
also I've played several 1 vs 1 matches and noticed that the creeps on lanes that are not influenced directly by players will (on occasion) seem to push pretty hard, is there any reason for this ?
does a team spawn more creeps based on kills or something ?
(I mean aside from the effect of destroying barracks) what affects creep production ?

Kitad1
09-28-2009, 12:52 AM
how does pyromancers passive work and is it worth getting after your nukes?

Meowshi
09-28-2009, 12:58 AM
how does pyromancers passive work and is it worth getting after your nukes?

Every time you cast a spell, you get a 'charge'. If the 3rd skill increases attack speed by 10% / movement speed by 3% each charge...
If you cast three spells, you have +30% attack speed, +9% move speed.
(Numbers aren't entirely accurate)

It's worth getting it in my opinion. Helps a lot for finishing off

Meowshi
09-28-2009, 01:00 AM
also I've played several 1 vs 1 matches and noticed that the creeps on lanes that are not influenced directly by players will (on occasion) seem to push pretty hard, is there any reason for this ?
does a team spawn more creeps based on kills or something ?
(I mean aside from the effect of destroying barracks) what affects creep production ?

No, what happens is one side will finish off a creep wave due to pathing (like three creeps will attack one enemy creep, resulting in that wave winning), and then it's just a big boulder rolling down a hill from there.

There's no way to strengthen your creep wave outside of 1) Time progressing (Every X minutes creeps get stronger on both sides), and 2) Destroying barracks

Meowshi
09-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Question here.

Do DoT effects continue to deal damage after the target is cycloned? I've recently started trying Stormspirit on DS and Voodoo (405 move speed lols) and I want to know if I Mojo/Entangle/Cursed Ground someone and then cyclone them, what happens?

Does the entire effect get despelled? Does is stop working for the 2.5 seconds the target is cycloned? Does it simply continue to deal damage all the way through?

When a target is cycloned, they are invunerable. If you cast a spell that lasts 10 seconds, and cyclone them for two seconds, the spell will not tick for those two seconds, but remain on for the remaining eight seconds..

Firewolx
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Is orb walking still possible in HoN? And is it still as effective?

imperial_
09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
How do you stack creeps?

dreamex
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Is orb walking still possible in HoN? And is it still as effective?

Only one hero has an orb, and it's just as effective as always.

dreamex
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
How do you stack creeps?

Pull them away from the spawn box before the next set is due to spawn (every minute)

Boves
09-28-2009, 09:21 PM
What is the number one priority hero to solo in a pub game?
So, if it's a 5v5 game, which hero would be best to solo if all were available?

Ranx
09-29-2009, 03:39 AM
A hero that is capable of proper rune whoring and/or a hero for which the lvl (most of the time the ultimate) is a make-or-break feature of the game (such as Moon Queen or Thunderbringer).

I'm however a strong supporter of 'take the player, not the character' - the one soloing needs to have above average lasthitting skills, ideally access to a monkey, there should be warded for him and he needs to understand how to/when to gank sidelanes.

Puchi
09-29-2009, 04:27 AM
How do you stack creeps?
Neutral creeps spawn every 1 minute, what you do is to pull the neutral creeps out of their spawn at around 53-55 run away from the spawn so that they are outside it and then let them run back and voila you are stackin creeps

Its all in the setup, not asmuch as in progames but in pubs a badsetup with bettre players will most likly lose to a good setup with less good players.

But heroes that can be gamebreakers are:
mq, tb, plauge rider, Axe(wellfarmed) etc strong heroes that can take on 1v2 and not die

sHoWTiMe
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
What do some people mean with a hero being banned?

Myself123
09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Why can't I join any channels?... Just clan channel

Qwernakus
09-29-2009, 12:04 PM
What do some people mean with a hero being banned?

In more competive games, both teams get to "ban" around 2 heroes each. This is done before picking heroes, and neither team can pick a "banned" hero. This is ofcourse only for a single match, and is not enforced by the game itself (IOW: You CAN still pick the banned hero, but then you would break the rules you sat up with the other players).

Epoch
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
With the codex to upgrade it do you just need to buy the recipe again or all the components as well?
Thanks in advance!

dune
09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
With the codex to upgrade it do you just need to buy the recipe again or all the components as well?
Thanks in advance!

Just the recipe.

MisterZam
09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Guys,

Question!!!

I was playing Wretched Hag and I managed to kill Tempest with Haunt as he was heading back to base for a heal.

When I killed him, even though he was way out of site, do I still get the experience for killing him ... or just the gold?

I seem to believe that you only get experience from killing them within experience range.

Can someone please confirm this?

dreamex
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Guys,

Question!!!

I was playing Wretched Hag and I managed to kill Tempest with Haunt as he was heading back to base for a heal.

When I killed him, even though he was way out of site, do I still get the experience for killing him ... or just the gold?

I seem to believe that you only get experience from killing them within experience range.

Can someone please confirm this?

Yes, experience range is 1000 units around your hero.

BigHustles
09-29-2009, 07:05 PM
If I'm laning with a ranged hero on my team, should he not be constantly harassing the enemy heroes in between last hitting creeps?

I was playing with a guy and he was saying that all the creep agro he gets will make it not worth it because the creeps will attack him.

Anosou
09-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Is there a list of all spells/abilities that DOES NOT give charges to Mana Battery?

Kitad1
09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
If I'm laning with a ranged hero on my team, should he not be constantly harassing the enemy heroes in between last hitting creeps?

I was playing with a guy and he was saying that all the creep agro he gets will make it not worth it because the creeps will attack him.

well if he is overly aggressive and goes beyond your own creep wave then yeah all creeps will attack him and it will be counter-productive(unless you get a kill thanks to something else), but if you harass behind your creeps you will barely take any damage as you can just reposition yourself and let your creeps keep tanking

Treeshark
09-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Is there anywhere a list of what staff of the master does for each hero?

sam_jackson
09-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Is there anywhere a list of what staff of the master does for each hero?

Yes: Staff of The Master @ HonWiki (http://honwiki.net/wiki/Staff_of_the_Master)

`PuLse
09-30-2009, 05:42 AM
You can't even sell from stash when you're alive.

I believe it was so that people who were about to buy didn't dump their gold in something and then die and sell it back during the "misbuy" period of time where you get a full refund effectively circumventing the gold penalty to dying.

How long does this misbuy period last? And is there any visual indication as to whether it is still in place?

Unreal
09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Do i get extra hp back when attacking with nighthound backstab (or scouts disarm) while carrying a lifesteal item? (as it is bonusdamage)
And what about critical strikes. Is the bonusdamage also multiplied when a critical strike procs?

thx, TehPhantom

sam_jackson
09-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Do i get extra hp back when attacking with nighthound backstab (or scouts disarm) while carrying a lifesteal item? (as it is bonusdamage)
And what about critical strikes. Is the bonusdamage also multiplied when a critical strike procs?

thx, TehPhantom

IIRC, yes.

I don't think lifesteal is base damage, I think it's total damage.

Puchi
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM
IIRC, yes.

I don't think lifesteal is base damage, I think it's total damage.

Yes, lifesteal is based on a % of your damage, therefore crits will heal you more then noncrits etc.

`PuLse
09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Another question - Does True Strike pass Chronos' Rewind?

dreamex
09-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Another question - Does True Strike pass Chronos' Rewind?

No.

dreamex
09-30-2009, 09:31 AM
How long does this misbuy period last? And is there any visual indication as to whether it is still in place?

The sell value of items remains their purchase value until it's over when you mouseover them.

Averlance
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Hm... my question is still unanswered: Where can i find a list of ALL console commands?

Decency
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Is it worth it for some heroes to dual boot (lol pun)? For example, I always get Enhanced Marchers on Pebbles for the attack speed, but have considered getting Steamboots too: the stats aren't bad at all for such a cheap item.

+10 Str/13 Agi/16 Int
+5 Armor
+75 Movement Speed

Now, what does this actually give me:

+16 Intelligence (208 mana, plus much better regeneration)
+5 Armor
+15 Movement Speed

for 1500, and I still have the ability to use my Phase effect. That seems pretty good...

EDIT: (I know Ring of Sorcery is on the whole a better item for Pebbles. Consider that in addition to these boots.)

MisterZam
09-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes, experience range is 1000 units around your hero.

I'm sorry, that was not a very clear answer. If I kill someone with Zeus' ult and I am in my well... Do I get EXP?

Decency
09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry, that was not a very clear answer. If I kill someone with Zeus' ult and I am in my well... Do I get EXP?

Is your enemy within 1000 units of you in your well? If so, yes. If not, no.

Can someone explain how double-stalagmite damage works in this game?

I've done some tests with a friend and I can't figure it out for the life of me. It seems like sometimes you get 660, sometimes you get 360, and sometimes you get 450 or so (before 25% reduction). (This is with 4/4/0/0 skills). I've gotten it to deal double damage with both chuck first and ava first, and possibly even by stalagmites and chucking someone onto the target.

CrunkOwns
09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
On which heroes would you get abyssal skull over whispering helm?

SHJordan
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Those that are supporters...

Shadowcamsy
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
On which heroes would you get abyssal skull over whispering helm?

You would only get Abyssal skull when you have 3+ melee on your team for some stupid reason. Exceptions to this include Ophelia and Warbeast because the 15% damage aura turns out to be huge, They would still get Whispering Helm as well though, but they would get Abyssal skull items with their starting gold, ie ring of the teacher, trinket of restoration.

KamaniKurdi
09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
what does "buff"or "debuff" mean?

thx

Who8MyRice1
09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
what does "buff"or "debuff" mean?

thx

Buffs are something that increase your stats temporarily (I.E Warbeast's Warcry)
Debuffs are things that decrease your stats temporarily (I.E Succubus's damage reduction)

deathofrage
10-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Does Runed axe's splash 40% stack when I have two of them like Battle Fury in DotA?

SHJordan
10-01-2009, 02:23 AM
I think: YES!

Epoch
10-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Could you in theroy equip a winged courier with a mock of brilliance and use him like a ninja from the trees to sap HP? Do couriers use the abilities of the items they carry?

`NoD
10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Can I re-edit my poll?

SHJordan
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Could you in theroy equip a winged courier with a mock of brilliance and use him like a ninja from the trees to sap HP? Do couriers use the abilities of the items they carry?

Hahaha... that would be great xD

dreamex
10-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Yes, you can mass couriers with Icon of The Goddess + Codex 5 too.

SHJordan
10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
W00t! that's seems to be hard to do!

Trig
10-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Im actually guessing yes. Because when you carry portal key it says your courier doesn't have enough mana. Suggesting that if It had enough mana or it had an item that didn't require mana, it would work. Careful when carry insanatarius though. You dont want to one shot your pet.

Tazman2099
10-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Here's my question:

When a hero dies, is there a range that you have to be in to get the Monkey / Experience bonus?

More specifically, if I intentionally suicide on creeps/tower or jungle creeps does the opposing team get my money experience if no one is around?

Basically I wanna run up, mana dump and then once no one is around suicide back to the start to spend my additional money gained (assuming that I still have money after dieing)

Yes dieing is bad. but exactly HOW bad is it? like 100 gold and everyone gets 10% exp?

Thanks,

dreamex
10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
1000 range for exp/gold.

if a neutral kills you they don't get gold, but still get exp.

Tazman2099
10-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Awesome! 1000 range is good to know,

Does anyone else happen to know how MUCH gold/exp ?

dreamex
10-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Depends on your level, you give up 12xLevel exp to EACH individual as well as a base amount of experience that is split amongst all individuals present.

Say at level 1 you die to 3 heroes, each hero gains 12 exp and your base 100 exp value is split amongst the 3 of them, meaning they each gain 45 exp or so.

Gold value is dependant on the hero's level and current killing streak:

200 + 5xLevel + 50xStreak

Streak starts at 3 kills and you gain bonus 50 gold, at 4 kills you gain bonus 100 gold.

Gold is given entirely to the killing unit unless a faction gets the kill (ie a tower) then gold is split amongst the assisters or the team entirely.

Being within 1000 range of a dying hero but not getting the kill grants 30 + 5xLevel gold.

Tazman2099
10-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Awesome information, that's exactly the math I was looking for.

Thank you!

One last question to put this all in perspective for me:

assuming it's a 3v3 game and I just killed the guy in my lane and have visibility of the other 2 players. I really want to go back to the shop to upgrade my items so I run over to kongor and suicide on him (just an example, if I was at kongor I'd probably just run back to avoid a death timer).

This scenario would result in no loss of money for me and no gain of money/exp for the other team because they are all 1000 range from my death at that time, correct??? Only thing lost is my death timer (but early on that might still be faster than the time it would take to run back).

This probably wouldn't be relevant that often but I wanted to make sure my understanding of the death/reward system was correct.

Thanks again.

dreamex
10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
You still lose money for dying. You always lose money for dying.

Everytime you die you lose 30xLevel gold.

You can at early levels, buy things from your shop remotely and then suicide in the jungle to avoid running back to base. Warbeast jungling usually does this as early on the deathtimer is shorter than your run would've been. But make sure you buy before you die.

Kitad1
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
How does "creep getting stronger" work? I didn't knew it in DoTA.

Do the creeps gain more stats? do they hit more? do they have more hp or do they just respawn in bigger numbers?

KamaniKurdi
10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Buffs are something that increase your stats temporarily (I.E Warbeast's Warcry)
Debuffs are things that decrease your stats temporarily (I.E Succubus's damage reduction)

Cheers m8 ;)

Who8MyRice1
10-01-2009, 11:19 PM

Do the creeps gain more stats? do they hit more? do they have more hp or do they just respawn in bigger numbers?

I'm not sure what it is now, but back then it was every time a tower was destroyed. If not then it's just passing time. Creeps just get stronger along with one more melee and one more ranged

`PuLse
10-02-2009, 04:09 AM

The creeps upgrade every seven minutes. They gain the following each time:

Melee creeps: +10 hit points, +1 base damage.
Ranged creeps: +10 hit points, +2 base damage.
Catapults: Nothing.

`NoD
10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
:D hello can i possibly re-edit my poll?

sHoWTiMe
10-02-2009, 04:00 PM
What does the abbrivation mid mia stand for? I know it's miss midd but 'mia'?

dune
10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
MIA = Missing In Action.

k1llahurtz
10-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Who is a good combo with Pest?

sHoWTiMe
10-03-2009, 06:16 AM
MIA = Missing In Action.
thx for the response

Another question: is there someplace on this site where I can see all the changelogs, cause my HoN just patched AGAIN to 0.1.47.1 and i'd like to know what the changes are.

Thanks in advance.

Mouseville
10-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Iv'e seen some guys with a mod thats says something like this ''Top lane missing'' with green or red text, how could i get it =D?

polifer
10-03-2009, 07:18 AM
^r hello (ENTER): hello
^y hello (ENTER): hello

oh and that you are describing is a mod. It puts buttons on your minimap and u press them and they Team Chat Auto text messages!

dune
10-03-2009, 08:53 AM
thx for the response

Another question: is there someplace on this site where I can see all the changelogs, cause my HoN just patched AGAIN to 0.1.47.1 and i'd like to know what the changes are.

Thanks in advance.

The General Beta Testing forum has it stickied.

CannibalOx
10-03-2009, 01:19 PM
How do you make a poll? The FAQ says there's an option for it when posting a new thread but there's not. Why do they lie?

Mouseville
10-04-2009, 06:36 AM
^r hello (ENTER): hello
^y hello (ENTER): hello

oh and that you are describing is a mod. It puts buttons on your minimap and u press them and they Team Chat Auto text messages!

Okay =) do you know the name of that mod?

Ranx
10-04-2009, 08:11 AM
thx for the response

Thanks in advance.
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

BigHustles
10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Kind of a strange question and maybe difficult to answer because the answer might be totally relative.

What is considered to be "good base stats" and "good stat gain"?

I'll read guides and the author will say that this hero has good base stats, but poor int gain or whatever.

I ask because sometimes I don't understand why I should pick one item over another.

Dfro1
10-04-2009, 07:20 PM
What is the command to whisper all of your buddies? My friend did something to this effect: X has whispered all Buddies: message here

Anosou
10-04-2009, 07:23 PM
What is the command to whisper all of your buddies? My friend did something to this effect: X has whispered all Buddies: message here

/b m "message"

if I'm mistaken, I'm tired.

dune
10-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Kind of a strange question and maybe difficult to answer because the answer might be totally relative.

What is considered to be "good base stats" and "good stat gain"?

I'll read guides and the author will say that this hero has good base stats, but poor int gain or whatever.

I ask because sometimes I don't understand why I should pick one item over another.

Generally the stat-gain will be between 1.0 and 3.0. Thus, a stat gain of, say, 1.2 per level is poor whilst 2.8 per level is good.

As for base stats, a high amount would be in the mid twenties whilst a low would be in the low 'teens.

The base stats are usually not as important as the stat-gain, for obvious reasons. If you see that your hero has a lot of Int. gain, then you know that mana won't be much of a problem for them unless they have pricey spells.

GGGS
10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
How to use the "Built in VOIP".. I have a mic but I have a problem using it. Don't know how to and don't know where to begin.

Ubiquity111
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
if I pick MoonQueen and two friends choose andromeda and arachna do the buffs to base damage stack ? (the auras)

SHJordan
10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice question... DO THEY?

arcainic
10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
they stack, so much ****ing own

BigHustles
10-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Is s2 implementing anything about people that DC before a match starts besides giving them a leaver score?

Its bullshit that the team has to pay the penalty.

Shadowcamsy
10-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Is s2 implementing anything about people that DC before a match starts besides giving them a leaver score?

Its bullshit that the team has to pay the penalty.

The idea of the stat system is to nail out the people who do that, as soon as you get above 10% leaver state you can never join games that have a smiley face icon (no leaver box ticked when hosting the game). Thus you should always look for games that have a smiley face symbol.

Ranx
10-06-2009, 01:35 AM
How to use the "Built in VOIP".. I have a mic but I have a problem using it. Don't know how to and don't know where to begin.

Go to Options -> Voice.

There is everything you need, including testing possibilities and a colory button to turn the whole thing on and off.

if I pick MoonQueen and two friends choose andromeda and arachna do the buffs to base damage stack ? (the auras)
Yes.

Ranx
10-06-2009, 01:36 AM
The idea of the stat system is to nail out the people who do that, as soon as you get above 10% leaver state you can never join games that have a smiley face icon (no leaver box ticked when hosting the game). Thus you should always look for games that have a smiley face symbol.

It's 8% - but yeah, what he said.

Kaee
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Okay =) do you know the name of that mod?

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=318208#post318208
this is the mod , enjoy

Elosen
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
how do you save replay a game? just like a dota game in warcraft?

LightRain
10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Replays don't work yet. For now, take down the Match ID number and hope that when we do get full replay functionality, you can use the ID of past matches to get a replay of them :)

SHJordan
10-06-2009, 10:49 AM
That's so sad! =\

Th3cr33ch
10-06-2009, 04:18 PM
What is the requirement to get beta keys for my friends ?

BigHustles
10-07-2009, 02:36 AM
What are some good ways to build predator besides the recommended items? Those typically work good, but, for instance, ill sometimes throw in a Whisp helm instead of Elder parasite so I can go symbol of rage. He seems pretty straight forward.

And how the hell do I break down recipes that ive made?

Madlobster
10-07-2009, 03:37 AM
I was just wondering as im new to HoN but have played DotA quite alot, if the orb effect system is the same as in dota.

Does the morph attacks stack/not stack together the same way as in DotA?

Ranx
10-07-2009, 04:10 AM
What is the requirement to get beta keys for my friends ?
Login, top right there's a button called Invite.

What are some good ways to build predator besides the recommended items? Those typically work good, but, for instance, ill sometimes throw in a Whisp helm instead of Elder parasite so I can go symbol of rage. He seems pretty straight forward.

And how the hell do I break down recipes that ive made?
Basically what you pointed out yourself - Symbol of rage is fun, but imo a bit overkill on him. I suggest if you really want take an Elder Parasite but rest pure dmg items.

Move items to your storage (the slots that open when you're near the shop), click to dissasemble.

I was just wondering as im new to HoN but have played DotA quite alot, if the orb effect system is the same as in dota.
No, it's different from DotA. In HoN orb effect do stack. Just not the same types (2x lifesteal doesn't stack for instance), however there are even differences in that since lifesteal AURA and pure lifesteal effects do stack together. Read the description on each item - they explain perfectly with which items they don't stack - they stack with everything else.

Th3cr33ch
10-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Maybe u don't understand me, i'm not asking u how to invite.
I'm asking u when i would be able to invite friends,the requirement (Example: U must be X lvl, XXX kills, or XXX games played) ?

Shadowcamsy
10-07-2009, 04:35 AM
There's not level/rep requirement on beta invites, the ways of obtaining them for your friends are:
- get them to add hon to their facebook page, occasionally s2 will give you chances to click on a link which gives you a beta key.
- every 2-4 weeks s2 hand out 3 free beta invites to everyone, which the other guy told you how to get to
- ask the community if they have spare beta invites for your friends, there's a few threads for it, irc channels as well, also some gaming sites have beta keys to give away, etc.

Epoch
10-07-2009, 06:39 AM
If you have a bound eye and can see an invis enemy player can everyone on your team see him too?

Ranx
10-07-2009, 06:48 AM
If you have a bound eye and can see an invis enemy player can everyone on your team see him too?
Yes.

siefat
10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
why is Helm of the Black Legion considered bad?

SHJordan
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Hmm... that's a good question... I think that's because it is just good for jungling and early harassment, but I maybe wrong.

Dub
10-07-2009, 01:53 PM
why is Helm of the Black Legion considered bad?

If you do the math, helm is only good for the 300 hp so buying it is a waste of money. 5 armour is the end manages to provide more "blocking damamge" then your helm provides. If you buy a health tube, chainmail (what ever it is called), and a bracer. You have more resistance and more damage and more hp regen then buying a helm.

There is a big thread doing all the math and such. In the end it is basically saying helm is only good for the 300 hp thats it.

- Steve

BigHustles
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Login, top right there's a button called Invite.

Basically what you pointed out yourself - Symbol of rage is fun, but imo a bit overkill on him. I suggest if you really want take an Elder Parasite but rest pure dmg items.

Move items to your storage (the slots that open when you're near the shop), click to dissasemble.

What about Elder parasite with charged hammer? Could be kind of cool if hes all nuts on dps? I dont buy charged hammer often so i dont know where it applies. Just some extra magic damage I suppose?

Can u be more specific on "click to disassemble"? I right click, left click, shift click, ctrl click the **** out of the item, I try to drag it into that wierd circle and square thing...

TheBusDriver
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
If you do the math, helm is only good for the 300 hp so buying it is a waste of money. 5 armour is the end manages to provide more "blocking damamge" then your helm provides. If you buy a health tube, chainmail (what ever it is called), and a bracer. You have more resistance and more damage and more hp regen then buying a helm.

There is a big thread doing all the math and such. In the end it is basically saying helm is only good for the 300 hp thats it.

- Steve
I want to say it's good if you jungle, but it comes mid-game at which point even a jungler should be contributing to ganks.

One other upside of helm vs tube/bracer/chainmail is that helm takes up only a single item slot.

Ranx
10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
What about Elder parasite with charged hammer? Could be kind of cool if hes all nuts on dps? I dont buy charged hammer often so i dont know where it applies. Just some extra magic damage I suppose?

Can u be more specific on "click to disassemble"? I right click, left click, shift click, ctrl click the **** out of the item, I try to drag it into that wierd circle and square thing...
Well yes that may seem fun, but it might be more interesting to dish out high dmg in 10 seconds thatn lower dmg in 5 seconds. Especially if the first is cheaper (think Shieldbreaker, arguably the best dmg/gold item available).

Hmmm,well, you move the item to storage (where items go when you buy whilst not near the shop) and then simply right click on it.

edit: can't seem to disassemble atm myself..not quite sure what's up. Anyone have any insights on this?

BigHustles
10-07-2009, 07:24 PM
^^ Yea, If I mash buttons, sometimes I'll be able to break the recipe. Ive tried shift/ctrl/double/left/right clicks...

How the **** do you break it? Is it a bug? Steamboots>Posthaste ain't happenin'!

kablitz
10-07-2009, 10:32 PM
to disassemble an item, put the item in your storage first (this appears when you access the shop in your base. it's near the lower right corner of your screen) then left click it.

BigHustles
10-07-2009, 11:33 PM
^^ Nope, no dice. I know what the storage is but thanks. I think its just a bug.

brian_rigg
10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
has any one noticed that when you try to kick some one both teams have to vote to be able to kick the player well i think it should only be up to the team that wants to kick that player cuz think of this say the player you wana kick sucks really bad and is feeding the other players well obviously the other team are not going to kick him cuz he is feeding them so i just think that they should change that

TheBusDriver
10-08-2009, 01:17 AM
So question about Glacius.

Is he too slow?

I've been playing with him a fair bit lately and his speed is absolutely killing me, especially if I draw the long lane for my team and especially if that lane has a blinker/stealth character in there. The inability to even get a head start on running to the tower makes it really difficult to get out. There's no way to escape team fights that are going badly, either. Of course I can get boots, but everyone has boots. Even Post Haste barely brings me up to speed with 300 speed heroes who have Steam Boots.

Suggestions? Or is he too slow?

Ranx
10-08-2009, 02:52 AM
So question about Glacius.
[...]
Suggestions? Or is he too slow?

Well yes he's slow, but in return you have a stun, an AoE slow and an ulti that AoE slows (admittedly that one doesn't allow you to move and thus doesn't solve your problem).

So hmm no, quite balanced in my point of view. Start doing the short lane to get some feeling for it, also, be sure to get a courier bring you boots early game - they are indeed quite important for him.

BigHustles
10-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Is there a hotkey to pull up the shop?

Pizoi
10-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Press 'B'

ApathY`
10-08-2009, 06:04 AM
I have question about warbeast's jungling ,, should it be done from level 3? and when should i start stacking creeps? and when i start tanking with my warbeast ? and how am i going to outlevel our or their solo mid with that? how to stack creep the most effecently with warbeast?

Guldbonden
10-08-2009, 06:29 AM
You can (and should) always stack creeps when jungling, as often as possible.
Depending on your level you might do things differently, but when you get high enough to easily take out camps quickly you can with some effective micro kill all the camps every minute (or stack them).
For example, as legion starting from the bot lane. Perhaps you start off with a pull and manage to take out 1 or 2 camps before the 40 second mark, you can then spread out you and your 2 wolves over 3 camps, stack them all and then repeat this every minute to never miss any respawns.
If this was a bit unclear I'm pretty sure there's some jungling guide on the forum explaining the basics behind it.

themacs
10-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I wanted to read through all of this before i posted but its 38 pages so forgive me if this has already been answered!

Does Elder Parasite stack with malikens sword? I have been item building as follows

steam boots
elder
Insanitarius
are my core then depending on the game
shield breaker
beh heart
mock of briliance

what do people think of this? I know there are other ways to play but im just wondering how this fairs with most people who play maliken

also any progress on item dis assembly? thanks

HaltaR
10-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Good item for blood hunter is : Steam Boots, Sn'Y, and some damage stuff. Then go kick some ass.

Ranx
10-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Good item for blood hunter is [...] Sn'Y [...]

Aside from the fact SnY (Hack & Slash) is a terrible item for its cost (see elsewhere on this forum) the idea of Bloodhunter is to dish out massive amounts of dmg so that your Blood Thirst enables and/or as a chaser. Even if it were a decent item, 50% of the fights you engage are with your ulti casted meaning your opponent stands still, rendering Hack proc useless in 50% of your fights. Great value for money indeed.

Only real place H&S has a purpose is on Soulstealer imo, enabling you to cast Hand of Death more accurately. But even that's when you're not really good with him.

Back on Blood Hunter - the ideal item for him is Mock of Brilliance. It has been in DotA for ages, it will stay that way in HoN. It allows creeps to die around him, providing him with hp, it increases dmg output significantly and its the best tool in killing runners.
If farming doesnt go too well, find another babysitter cause this really is item #1 for him. Alternatively go for a Wingbow, Shieldbreaker, w/e, but really, Mock of Brilliance is the only item you need.