PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the Voting System, Secret Ballots

OrbitzXT
12-14-2009, 11:14 PM
The Problem: In regards to Kicking a player, the majority of the player base already agrees that only the team wanting to kick off one of its' own members should have a say in that vote. The problem with that however, is the potential for abuse. The main way this voting system would be abused, is when 4 players want to concede and one does not. It is likely that a vote would be called for to Kick the 5th team member off the team, to be able to pass a Concede vote.

The Solution: What I propose, is that when calling for a Concede vote, hitting F10 does not reveal who voted "Yes" for the veto. If four players out of five quickly vote "Yes" and have the menu open, it's easy to see who is not going along with the vote. If Concede votes are secretive, players cannot be singled out and kicked by their team.

Also, the Automatic Kicking of AFK's is regarded as unpopular by most of the player base. Players for the most part wish for team decisions to be left up to the team. The enemy team should not have a say, the game's engine should not have a say. Players on the team should decide when enough is enough and remove the AFK team member.

By changing Concede votes to secret ballots, you can therefore change the Kicking system to only require your own teammates. The Kicking system I mentioned before would also be put in place, replacing the Automatic Kicking of AFKs by the game.

If you are in favor of changing Concede votes to secret ballots, so that the Kick vote can be reduced to players only on your team, please vote yes. If you have issues with this suggestion I'd love to hear them. Thank you for taking the time to read.

KnightDavion
12-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I had this exact same thought the other day but I forgot to post it.

+1 from me.

Zakharov
12-15-2009, 02:28 AM
It's not perfect. If 4 people each initiate a concede vote, it's obvious who's the one not passing it.

Sibs
12-15-2009, 04:36 AM
also if 4 people on your team gives up and want to leave and 1 person (theirs always 1 person) that doesnt concede then they should be able to kick him then concede

OrbitzXT
12-15-2009, 07:11 AM
also if 4 people on your team gives up and want to leave and 1 person (theirs always 1 person) that doesnt concede then they should be able to kick him then concede

I'm fairly certain you're in the minority thinking that way. That's an abuse of the kicking system. It's there to handle feeders, AFKs and other problems your team might encounter. Giving up when someone else hasn't yet isn't one of them that the function is meant for.

Anteros1
12-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm fairly certain you're in the minority thinking that way. That's an abuse of the kicking system. It's there to handle feeders, AFKs and other problems your team might encounter. Giving up when someone else hasn't yet isn't one of them that the function is meant for.

He's not.

Especially since the kick system has already failed at "handling feeders, AFK's and other problems your team might encounter"

I've been on an opposing team and voted to kick a player so the other team could concede and be done with the game. Why waste time?

You're clearly the person in a mega-creeps situation chargin in goin' WE STILL GOT THIS GUYS YAAAAAAAY!

Your solution is easily "re-problemized" by the EXTREMELY rare and difficult act of 4 members of a team calling concedes... "hey, I wonder why they keep getting declined, hey 5th guy, call a concede vote..."

Rinsaku
12-15-2009, 06:58 PM
There's an easier way to solve this.

If 4/5 people vote yes on a concede, thats over majority, it should just be f*cking passed.

All of this is too much of a hassle.
Change concede vote to 4/5 = pass and vote kick to team only.
Problem solved

Oh also, take a look at my thread.

serrath
12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
They'll kick feeders if this gets implemented, so there need to be protection for that.

I think it's a good idea, and you've got my thumbs up, but you need some kind of protection added.