PDA

View Full Version : Tablet of Void

12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, here I come (with my first suggestion, by the way) with an item idea that brings together Talisman of Void (Ghost Staff) and Tablet of Command (Force Staff). Why? Just because they're usage in-game today are both 0.0%, and this would make them more used.

And I hate you for voting no before waiting for a reply. I hate you all.

Going on:

Requirements

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/items/Item_VoidTalisman.jpg+http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/items/Item_PushStaff.jpg

(1500+ 2200)+ Recipe (1500 Gold)Total:5200Gold

Item:

(Note: All I did here was put together the old items stats and change the special ability.)

+20 Intelligence
+10 Strength
+10 Agility
+10 Attack Speed
+10 Damage

Vacuum: On activation, pulls all the enemies in 450 range around the caster to him, and apllies Void on enemies and SELF for 4 seconds.

Void Effects: - Physical Effects Immunity
- -6.9 Magic Armor

Well, a great item for initiator heroes, nice combo with portal key (maybe a future recipe including both of them? Who knows...).

Last thing... if you find a nice icon, don't be affraid to post it here (my idea was a green tablet, but I'm open for suggestions).

That's it, hope you like it :D

UPDATE: Now, I increased AoE by 100, because I removed the -7 armor debuff.

Now, buff is only applied on self, just like the old talisman.
VOTE ON CONCEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extreme_Cake
12-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Horrifically, team-rapingly, game-breakingly OP.

12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
OP? :s if the item is too strong, we can just nerf it and add a recipe to make it more expensive. Think about the idea, not the numbers.

Anvard
12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
no,ty.

olives
12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
i like the idea... but i'm just worried it will be 2 OP on kraken... with this item noone can escape from him... : /

12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
i like the idea... but i'm just worried it will be 2 OP on kraken... with this item noone can escape from him... : /

We can make them have a shared cooldown, don't worry about overpowerness. Also, it's not a HUGE AoE, maybe it could be the same size as Kraken's ult, the pulling thing is just a way to follow the Tablet theme allowing people to use the armor decrease spell and use his combo before people run away (it could be a stun instead of a pulling, but it wouldn't follow the theme).

By the way, posts like Anvard's one are not helping at all. So, if you're not trying to help anyone or at least giving a reason, just don't post (and don't vote).

12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
People are voting, but not replying... boring =/

B4M53F4R
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Tablet of command is balanced because it forces the target in the direction it is facing. This item gives too much control. OP.

PoopyDesires
12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
This completely negates the point of ToC. Basically allows any hero with a port key or even an innate way to be a ridiculous initiator.

12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
?! That had no point at all. Tablet of Command can be used at a single target from far away, this would "mini stun" enemies around, the pulling thing is just following the theme....

Why the hell everyone votes before recieving an answer? this way it's impossible to have a nice poll...

12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
This completely negates the point of ToC. Basically allows any hero with a port key or even an innate way to be a ridiculous initiator.

(ToC?)
A ridiculous initiator by making enemies immune to physical effects (with this I mean ATTACKS) for 4 seconds?

CnD_Soul
12-14-2009, 01:01 PM
ok well i'm no pro or anything, but the main problem is the +25% damage increase to magic attacks seems to be scaring people away from your idea... so what if u made it -2 magic armor that's like what 1.2x damage ... i mean the idea is not much different from (Minotaur's ult ??? on hero crossover)

CnD_Soul
12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
the most issue you have is when a hero like (ES) uses that item ... mainly because he's supposed to be played as an int hero,,,,

12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Ok, I'll change the boif buff to self.

Thanks a lot for the first constructive reply in the thread (will it be the last one?).

12-16-2009, 01:14 PM
When I OPed the item, people erplied "OP" and voted no. Now, people just vote no. Back to the OP?

Khortus
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Cool idea but i would change it that it will apply on the enemy :) pugna-like
T-up on content

Dizzi
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
why towards caster? it should just do a aoe tablet of command to enemies and allies.

12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
See the other posts. People where complaining it was too overpowered. Since you're the only guys who tries to help, I'll change it back.

FARP23
12-17-2009, 02:29 PM
i think that is an excelent idea, it changes the 0.0% to >90 % :D
BUt also if you use the item yourself, dont apply debuff

Festinen
12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
3.7k is nothing compared to what you get, imagine soulstealer with portal key, ulti, deamon hand(1) and that item. Bye whole team...

LindsayLoha1
12-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I like the idea but change it to the dark seer's vacuum spell but doesn't do any damage just a vacuum maybe small radius but kinda long range

F5
12-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Just to let you know, the force staff is used a lot, it's good for chasing when you're Witch Slayer or even Kraken for an extra boost when using ult.

ANiChowy
12-18-2009, 02:10 AM
:magm: , :plag: , :souls: , :temp: , :defi:, :pebb: , :glac:

no

yav_at
12-18-2009, 06:06 PM
:magm: , :plag: , :souls: , :temp: , :defi:, :pebb: , :glac:

no

idd

I really liked the Vacuum skill in DotA, but c'mon.. on an item?
I think this ability is too good, to be given to every hero that's currently in HoN.

12-19-2009, 10:08 PM
3.7k is nothing compared to what you get, imagine soulstealer with portal key, ulti, deamon hand(1) and that item. Bye whole team...

AND THAT'S WHY I SAID THAT NUMBERS COULD BE CHANGED! (I can increase recipe cost)

And also, that's why I won't suceed, because people like you who can't analize a concept, keep voting on numbers, screw wit honest people.

Anyway, if the item doesnt get in, Dark Seer will be the 2nd~4th to come next inside the game so... you better leave, if you're afraid of pullings. Vacuum has bigger AoE, and a nice damage.

All the heroes with AoE spells have benefit frmo this item, and that means ALL Heroes. So stop clicking on hero emoticons.

DrZoidberg
12-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Good idea to have an item like tempest's ult but it would need to only really have the vacuum component and the base stats for said buyer of the item.

If no -magic armor just have it be a vacuum with the same cd as tempest's level 3 ult (180 sec) with the base stats increase to your hero.

I think it's too imba with the -magic armor debuff even applied to yourself as well as all enemies, because at the same time they cant attack for 4 seconds leaving your team to own them.

if with -magic armor make it have like 2 charges and additional charges could be bought for like the cost of the recipe but make the recipe cost like 1500-1600?

Personally i would go with my first suggestion

PoopyDesires
12-20-2009, 12:49 AM
(ToC?)
A ridiculous initiator by making enemies immune to physical effects (with this I mean ATTACKS) for 4 seconds?

-6.9 magic armor with any decent aoe team not imba at all.

DrZoidberg
12-20-2009, 01:36 AM
-6.9 magic armor with any decent aoe team not imba at all.
that is imba so wither implment charges with a really expensive recipe, or just discard it imo

Mittsies
12-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Conceptually overpowered. Pulling targets to a single point is ridiculously powerful -- not to mention reducing their magic armor or even having stats at all.

I just don't like the concept.

Laexio
12-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Too cheap for the overpoweredness of it.

GGreenBass
12-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Tempest + This item + Portal Key = OP

...I'm sorry, but idk what else to say. I say make the range 400, the duration HALVED, a large/decent cooldown...

...but make it targetable on enemy heroes. That way you can catch them off guard, and give yourself a SMALL boost; yet not enough to COMPLETELY change a team fight.

...oh wait, no. That would be good for a hero ability, not an item. Crap.

Haasth
12-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I have to say no. This is too powerful.
There is a reason Tempest is banned mostly. Sure this backfires and your team is hit too, but for an ability heavy team this is no problem. Especially since everyone also loses magical armor.

iGame1
12-26-2009, 06:55 PM
No..

Deoin
12-30-2009, 10:55 AM
THAT is a powerful item!
Seriously, a 2k recipe needed at least... numbers are too OP

but combining the two least used items is great, and this is the best suggestion I've seen by far...

Don't vote on numbers but on concept

T-UP

elongated
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
no ty. y slaughter 2 of my fav items in game, they dont synergise and the abity has nothing to do with tablet and way more to do with vt. other item sujestions for combinations of these items are better. KEEP THEM SEPERATE.
and yea way too ob on any aoe combo caster and croudcontrolers
no ty

01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
no ty. y slaughter 2 of my fav items in game, they dont synergise and the abity has nothing to do with tablet and way more to do with vt. other item sujestions for combinations of these items are better. KEEP THEM SEPERATE.
and yea way too ob on any aoe combo caster and croudcontrolers
no ty

I already gave up on trying to make this, poeple look at it and say "numbers are big, it's imba t-down"...go to a dictionaire and search for the word "concept".

01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
idd

I really liked the Vacuum skill in DotA, but c'mon.. on an item?
I think this ability is too good, to be given to every hero that's currently in HoN.

It deals no damage, renders enemies immune to physical effects (:warb:, :pand:, :deme:, :wild: and :pest: can't do anything against them) and has decreased AoE, so it can't be compared to dark seer's spell.

This is a way not only to increase the item usage, but to increase mage heroes usage as well.

01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
WHatever, just wait for Dark Seer.