PDA

View Full Version : How do you counter arachna

Fail_Boat
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
this hero is broken in my opinion. but what heros counter her. she seems rediculously op with the best slow in game thats perma if continued.

her shell will wipe debuffs/dots on her and pretty much make nuke ults blah.

i dont understand how ot counter her. if u play range/nuker she can live thru your burst and kill u since u cant get away. if u play melee she can kite you..

this is talking 1v1 but in team battles shes even more powerfull. being in a group of people just makes her harder to get to / kill.

not trying to rage but this hero just gets under my skin by how simple and effective it is. please help me out on tips/strats to take her out or hero counters to her.

thanks

Drasha
12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
you don't need a hero to counter her just carry a home coming stone. If its really a problem get a VoidTalisman as well since her spider can't even attack you when its up and if you time it right you can disjoint the spider with it.

Godzu
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Armor helps... Whatever build you are using, an extra 550 for 5 armor makes a significant difference. Also as far as the spiderling itself, 1v1 just use a homecoming stone. in a team fight the spider should be killed quickly.

Fail_Boat
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
so my only option is to port away? or void tali.. sweet and this hero isnt rigged?

Debbye
12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Predator,with his leap and stonehide, is a powerful arachna counter.With elder parasite and insanitarius on,he will tear her to shreds 1vs1.

Whalecore
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Counter her like you counter any other threatening hero. Disable -> kill

Verderben
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM
plague riders ulti on her spider is a pretty funny way to counter it and most of the time kill her if its 1v1

Sylcom
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
In 1v1s i suppose any caster against her.
Her HP just suck.
Witch Slayer: Graveyard => Silver Bullet => Dead arachna.
Pyromancer: Dragonfire => Phoenix => Blazing Strike
If you stun/disable her, she can't do a ****.
Through, hard to get kiten if you play dark lady. (Dash)
Same with kraken, magmus, woaa... i could list tons of counters.
Or Accursed, a very powerful counter imo. His Shield beats the crap out of her and he can chase with Sear.
Or Pestilence. Swarm (If Dispell, just redo) Impale and autoattack.

Her HP-Pool does simply suck so shes rly, no problem.

Just always Focus the little Spider.
And Arachna herself in Teamfights since her DMG Output is high.

DreadTalon
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Best hero to deal with her is warbeast, you may notice that although arachna has strong slow spells she is actually quite slow herself, warbeast cannot be slowed in his ult and will easily run down an arachna that tries to take you on.

Jeza
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Arachna is just straight up mediocre nowadays, used to be much, much better. Slow, Squishy and no real escape mechanism. 135g permanent counter.

Gipp
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
she isnt that good of a hero to be labeled imba.

1v1. just tp scroll out. face it, shes a ganker. gankers are supposed to triumph 1v1 battles.
a good foundation of hp works too. you may find that she is too weak to actually kill you if you have enough hp (bracers+treads helps a lot).

team fights. spider dies in 3 hits. everyone just has to look at it for a second. its really a worthless ultimate in a team fight.
she is then left to slow people and deal mediocre damage if she isnt killed right off the bat

Lightening
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I play TDL alot. I silence her...she dies..
But seeing how if you can't silence her, then u could always stun her.
If you can't stun her, you could always slow her.
And if all else fails, you could not try to solo arachna 1v1. duh.
Also 135g=HC stone=Enough time for you to port to base=frustrated Arachna
Also Arachna is nowhere near as powerful as she used to be.

PS: Fail spider is fail.

BodyHammer
12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
so my only option is to port away? or void tali.. sweet and this hero isnt rigged?

I know, right? You have to spend a total of 135 gold to counter the hero. OP as ****.

It's cute seeing a nerf Arachna thread after all this time though. I sort of miss the days of nerf threads a day.

Lightening
12-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I know, right? You have to spend a total of 135 gold to counter the hero. OP as ****.

It's cute seeing a nerf Arachna thread after all this time though. I sort of miss the days of nerf threads a day.
hahaha
omfg Nerf Arach
omfg Nerf Mag

omfgomfgomfg

Are you talking about those?

Mateui
12-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Electrician's purge cancels Arachna's webbed shot. Use it on yourself or your teammate being focused by her.

12-08-2009, 09:00 PM

It's cute seeing a nerf Arachna thread after all this time though. I sort of miss the days of nerf threads a day.people like you clearly have never played against a competent arachna.

lol 135 gold counter. not quite.

Ahteh
12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
How about Zephyr? :P

knowitall
12-08-2009, 09:06 PM
people like you clearly have never played against a competent arachna.

Yeah, I usually get Savage Mace by 15 minutes too.

etspaceman
12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Arach is squishy as all hell, so you can counter her pretty easily. Main strategy against her? Kill her before she kills you. You aren't going to be able to run, so just attack her as much as you can. Usually nukers can destroy her as, while she has a magic-armor spell, it's only used as a partial escape mechanism (a pretty sucky one). Pyro and TB destroy Arach 1 v 1.

Fagabond
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM
...Warbeast,

BodyHammer
12-08-2009, 11:00 PM
people like you clearly have never played against a competent arachna.

A competent Arachna in a non em where my health never increases nor her damage increases to the point arachna can kill me in 3 hits, because she's been rendered useless?

Why no, you're correct. Boy, you sure got ME there!

Edit: And save yourself the trouble if you're going to reply with a "Oh yeah well this one time in this one game" posts. The exceptions are not the rules. If your team does your job, Arachna rarely reaches a significant threat... assuming you weren't dumb enough to be repeatedly ganked by her 1 on 1.

phamilyguy
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
For one thing BodyHammer, your English sucks. We all got you there.

Arachna... not as decent as she used to be. People would whine and moan about her pre-nerf even though she was still squishy. Only people with a lack of awareness fell prey to her ganking. Even now, people still fall prey because they don't have any understanding of ganking. If the hero has been missing for quite awhile... what else could they be doing? (1) Farming, (2) buying, or (3) prepping for a gank. If Arachna has been missing for awhile, she doesn't have much farming capabilities until probably about mid-late game. They COULD be spending their sweet ass time buying or just be plain slow... but a competent arachna player, will almost always go for the gank.

Like it's already been mentioned, she can be countered with a homecoming stone, stuns, slows, disables of all sorts, focusing the spider if you're tanky (you'd be surprised how often people decide it's smart to try and run from a dangerous object when you're crippled), etc. Arachna isn't all that playable anymore. The movespeed nerf really killed her ability to gank above all others, and they didn't compensate her with health, so she's just less off her old self.

If she becomes problematic, work as team and gank her. Remember, heroes that compensate for low health pool often reduce their damage output. If arachna buffs herself, she's neglecting damage. Not so dangerous then. However, you couple Arachna with other heroes, and she is a real menace.

BodyHammer
12-08-2009, 11:18 PM
For one thing BodyHammer, your English sucks. We all got you there.

I typed a single letter, which happened to be immediately to the right of my "r", incorrectly. Thank you hall monitor, please let Mrs. Hannerly know I will go ahead and stay late for my next english class. I'll go back and add a neither set up to work in conjunction with it if you are really that anal about it.

Akarias
12-08-2009, 11:44 PM
pick any of the other 40 or so better heroes. Seriously she has a single target slow, virtually no nuking power, no aoe, and can't carry.

Arkane1
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/items/Item_HomecomingStone.jpg

"Why don't you love me!?"

Pho3n1x
12-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Shes a ganker. Her skills are geared toward ganking. Therefore if she ganks you, you will most likely die. If you are fighting her 1v1, tp away. you should always have one in your inventory.

LightRain
12-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Don't let her win a solo lane -> almost useless to her team.
And even if she does win a solo lane, put a ward in the nearest forest so you can't be ganked. Do this even if Arachna is not on the other team. Ward the runes, so you won't be surprised by her coming out of nowhere with an invis rune.
Also, her ult is a lot more counterable now. She's really nowhere near as scary as she was months ago.

FuzzyWuzzy
12-09-2009, 05:41 AM
More like how do you NOT counter Arachna.

Viper in Dota is about x2 better and still not considered OP.

virgayL
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I may be wrong, but hasn't got her Ulti a ministun?

Maybe it was just hearsay or I got something wrong there.

Arkillion
12-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I may be wrong, but hasn't got her Ulti a ministun?

Maybe it was just hearsay or I got something wrong there.
Her ult just summons an undefeatable spider (Try getting 3 hits from Pebbles with that ****er biting you without being dead) that nails you with no penalty using barbed armour + at level 3 can hit you for 225 per hit, 30 second cooldown aswell as herself stacking on you, this'll decrease you to like 10% MS and like 90% reduced IAS, if you're a melee you'll be orbwalked and you wont be able to get away, if you're a scout/night hound it reveals you, and madman will get ******, stalk wont do much, I think her only counter is Predator, another Arachna and War Beast's ulti.

JewishNinja
12-09-2009, 10:26 AM
play like tabako. Kill him w/ solo mid hellbringer x.x

allies can attack the spider, making it die extremely quickly.

shibbidydoo
12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I have easy time with pollywog. She launches ult, morphing ult instantly destroys it, stormspirit her, ward drop, traping her in wards, bind, squishy arach goes dead.

Raim0423
12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
not sure if its just me...but panda works too, i just gank the ganker with me flick -> cannonball -> flurries/facesmash

Pho3n1x
12-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Her ult just summons an undefeatable spider (Try getting 3 hits from Pebbles with that ****er biting you without being dead) that nails you with no penalty using barbed armour + at level 3 can hit you for 225 per hit, 30 second cooldown aswell as herself stacking on you, this'll decrease you to like 10% MS and like 90% reduced IAS, if you're a melee you'll be orbwalked and you wont be able to get away, if you're a scout/night hound it reveals you, and madman will get ******, stalk wont do much, I think her only counter is Predator, another Arachna and War Beast's ulti.

Or a homecoming stone.

ShadowExile
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Nullfire Blade instantly kills her spider. A person playing a hero that can disable her then rapes her.

Seriously, that's GG right there. If it's 1v1 you can buy Nullfire Blade pretty much straight up.

Lujo
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
If you know what youre doing you can literaly FARM her with Night Hound. Silence and Pounce (a nuke that works on her cause its physical dmg) will take her out if she ulti's you just gtfo with homecoming stone.

ShadowExile
12-09-2009, 11:59 PM
If you know what youre doing you can literaly FARM her with Night Hound. Silence and Pounce (a nuke that works on her cause its physical dmg) will take her out if she ulti's you just gtfo with homecoming stone.

One of Night Hound's core items is Nullfire Blade.. Which can purge her ulti. So no, I wouldn't recommend what you just said. I would just "continue to farm her".

12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
A competent Arachna in a non em where my health never increases nor her damage increases to the point arachna can kill me in 3 hits, because she's been rendered useless?

Why no, you're correct. Boy, you sure got ME there!

Edit: And save yourself the trouble if you're going to reply with a "Oh yeah well this one time in this one game" posts. The exceptions are not the rules. If your team does your job, Arachna rarely reaches a significant threat... assuming you weren't dumb enough to be repeatedly ganked by her 1 on 1.
what are you blithering on about? it takes much more than 135g to "counter arachna"...

Kb0t
12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
vindicator is a pretty good counter with the passive silence so he cant orbwalk

RagingRetard
12-10-2009, 08:53 AM
You farm 135g.

Kietharr
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
As has been said, carry a tp scroll and tp away the minute you see her if you're alone. If ganking her, team up and stun her to death, she has paper HP so it doesn't take much. Spider only hits one hero so it's not too powerful in teamfights. If she is REALLY giving you trouble buy a void talisman, arachna immunity.

noodle0117
12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
1. Warbeast - max unslowable movespeed while in ulti form, and with hounds can one shot spider.
2. Zephyr - Wind shield is a good counter to all ranged carries. In case something goes wrong, just leap away.
3. Pyromancer - Can oneshot arachna at level 6, unless of course arachna goes tanky, but loses out in dps.
4. Plague rider - If arachna throws her ulti, you throw your own ulti and kill her in less than 3 seconds.

BodyHammer
12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
what are you blithering on about? it takes much more than 135g to "counter arachna"...

In any 1 on 1 situation, a nonfed arachna cannot deal enough damage to kill you in the TP time window.

If you're going to talk about ganks with multiple heroes, there are a dozen other heroes I would rather have beside me than Arachna.

In short, 135g can, and usually does, counter Arachna. This alone is the main reason you don't see so many qq arachna threads anymore because after having it hammered into peoples heads for so long, people finally realised this and started doing it. I would suggest you do the same.

Mutin
12-10-2009, 01:13 PM

Arachnas ult has a 30 second CD.
So that's 135 gold every 30 seconds for the rest of the game, seems quite expensive to me :/

Ravensight93
12-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Dontcha just love theorycrafting. Anyone can be right!

HONYoda
12-10-2009, 04:50 PM
this hero is broken in my opinion. but what heros counter her. she seems rediculously op with the best slow in game thats perma if continued.

her shell will wipe debuffs/dots on her and pretty much make nuke ults blah.

i dont understand how ot counter her. if u play range/nuker she can live thru your burst and kill u since u cant get away. if u play melee she can kite you..

this is talking 1v1 but in team battles shes even more powerfull. being in a group of people just makes her harder to get to / kill.

not trying to rage but this hero just gets under my skin by how simple and effective it is. please help me out on tips/strats to take her out or hero counters to her.

thanks

Best way to counter her is to complain on the forums over and over that her slow is too overpowered (which it is) until they fix it to be in line with DOTA slow %'s.

RagingRetard
12-10-2009, 04:56 PM
So that's 135 gold every 30 seconds for the rest of the game, seems quite expensive to me :/
You don't really get ulted every 30 seconds now do you? If you are I would suggest staying out of the opponents base. :)

Well_Shebber
12-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Don't put yourself in a position to be orbwalked/kited to death. Her health pool sucks, and she has no escape mechanism besides her slow. If you're mid against her:

Pyro and Witch can harass her out of lane with Wave/Graveyard.
Defiler can too with Wave, and her Ult beats Arachna's Ult.
Voodoo can combo her down with Stun/Curse/Ult, even through her magic armor.
Valk and Hag can blink away from her spider to the tower; Jav / Bat Blast take her down quick.
etc. etc...

The only solo mid that really sucks against her from experience is Torturer, but he can just go side lane.

man_guy
12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
That's not until level 16 when her spider loses more of its power due to your entire team being there.

Spaztick
12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/images/items/Item_HomecomingStone.jpg

"Don't be a cheapass, buy me!"Fixed your post there.