PDA

View Full Version : Succubus sleep - What does it stop

Chipper
12-07-2009, 06:38 AM
So, I had probably the most awesome clutch moment of my life in a scrim yesterday. So much so, I am still orgasming a little bit over it - I sleeped my teammate accursed just as he was about to get stunned by a madman and owned by the enemy team, saving him so when he was unslept he could save our team - effectively winning a teamfight and winning the game for us.

However, some abilities undo the sleep / put the sleep on the enemy who used the ability on him.

Is there a definitive list of things which do / don't work?

Thanks in advance!!

Geid

Azureflames
12-07-2009, 06:44 AM
If you time it properly you can negate a tick of maledict, i.e. cast it right before that last tick of 450 kills your teammate sleep him as the damage comes and he'll take 0 but still be asleep.

Tyrando
12-07-2009, 06:57 AM
when you cast sleep you gain a very brief second of invunerability, was the same with bane.

with regards to what breaks it, all direct damage spells will break sleep afaik, though you can use DoT's without waking them up as ive seen Flaming Hammer tick away without a problem.

then there's physical attacks but we know where that leads.

Chipper
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
when you cast sleep you gain a very brief second of invunerability, was the same with bane.

with regards to what breaks it, all direct damage spells will break sleep afaik, though you can use DoT's without waking them up as ive seen Flaming Hammer tick away without a problem.

then there's physical attacks but we know where that leads.

cool, assuming that's true /thread

though i'm sure i've knocked it off with aoe attack sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt do anything.. just kinda feels like your description (my understanding of it) isn't always true.

ElementUser
12-07-2009, 09:11 AM
cool, assuming that's true /thread

though i'm sure i've knocked it off with aoe attack sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt do anything.. just kinda feels like your description (my understanding of it) isn't always true.

It's true....AoE attacks are supposed to dispel Mesmerize off the target without it transferring the debuff to yourself (though before, Armadon's Spine Burst was triggering Mesmerize and Corrupted Disciple's purge-counter passive...)

caveviS
12-07-2009, 09:22 AM
The situation is exactly what Tyrando explained. There's a brief period of complete immunity when Mes is first applied. Any aoe spells directed at the target right as mes is applied will do nothing - I didn't test single target spells. Otherwise:

Any right click / a click action will break the sleep and transfer it to the attacker.

Any dot damage (Flaming Hammer, slither first skill/ult) will continue to tick without breaking mes.

Any direct damage (INCLUDING direct periodic damage, i.e. Cursed Ground, and including aoe damage) will break the mes without transferring it.

Flair
12-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I was able to Self-Mesmerize to completely negate a Pyromancer's ult in practice mode (no flaunting), but I don't see me ever reproducing that in a real game anytime soon.

ElementUser
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
It's hilarious though if you can manage it....I recall totallnewbie posting a youtube video where he used Nightmare on himself & made the enemy hero kill his Necronomicon Warrior and thus killing the enemy hero because of Last Will

Tyrando
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
It's hilarious though if you can manage it....I recall totallnewbie posting a youtube video where he used Nightmare on himself & made the enemy hero kill his Necronomicon Warrior and thus killing the enemy hero because of Last Will

LOL

you dont see puzzlebox often in hon like and when i killed that little annoying demon i was like o shi i forgot about that, took half ma hp ><

Those little demons are pretty intense if your any good at micro, should be seen more often :P

Mrmisterwaa
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL

you dont see puzzlebox often in hon like and when i killed that little annoying demon i was like o shi i forgot about that, took half ma hp ><

Those little demons are pretty intense if your any good at micro, should be seen more often :P

Puzzlebox is one of the most under-used items in Dota & HoN.

However, it is one of the best support items, I have ever seen. Very beautiful on Suc (since he can abuse his ultimate & the demons can reduce the mana of your target so they lose their escape skills (and might help you kill them faster))

Ice_Phoenix
12-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Back to the OP, here's the *.entity information pertinent to the ability:

castactiontime="500"
<oninflict>
<applystate name="State_Succubis_Ability3_Invulnerable" duration="900" />
</oninflict>
Once Mesmerize is inflicted the target is invulnerable for 0.9 seconds, basically until the first Mesmerize damage tick. Definitely something to take advantage of, but keep in mind that there's a 0.5 second cast time on the spell - half a second can make all the difference in the world in a tight situation.

Forbannad
12-26-2009, 08:29 AM
You can also cast Mesmerize on a friendly target to interrupt Scout ultimate. :D

Avathacis
12-26-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLb7Kh1Wk8
Herp de derp.

Trysaeder
12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Mesmerise grants splash immunity, so if you're feeling pro with jeraziah and want to heal yourself next to a mesmerised enemy, remember that your heal damage is typed 'magical splash'.

Llama
12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I think it can be purged off though

Comfortabull
12-29-2009, 02:19 AM
The situation is exactly what Tyrando explained. There's a brief period of complete immunity when Mes is first applied. Any aoe spells directed at the target right as mes is applied will do nothing - I didn't test single target spells. Otherwise:
Saw a succ sleep a team mate right as scout ultied him and he took no damage, so its extremely situational but kind of hard to pull off unless its a scout style inc attack that you know is on a timer

thethedead
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
When you wake up!