PDA

View Full Version : A hard counter for Engineer

Whiteblade
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Is Kraken. He wants to turtle? Kill Engineer in 4 steps with Kraken.

1)Whirlpool.
2)Blink into his base of turret or ult (silence doesn't stop his Ult).
3)Kill the defenseless Engineer once he is pulled.
4)Type, "A lot of good that gun did you" in all talk.

Zenanii
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
This tactic counter every single hero, so not really much of a tip.

ForTheSwarm
11-27-2009, 01:27 PM
The real hard counter for Engineer is Forsaken Archer, with his 8 skeletons.

Zenanii
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
except forsaken archer is a bad hero (imo) and ophelia is way better since you can acctually controll your minions with her. I guess defiler would work pretty well too.

Or anything with summons.

Rassen
11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Best counter for Engineer is a nuke on his head, then another nuke, then another nuke, then another nuke till he die.

Dumb thread much.

Kypkalorian
11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Warbeast. Path his 2 wolves to hit the gadget/turret while warbeast goes for the hero. Max ms those wolves will get to the gadget/turret and own it fast.

liq3
11-27-2009, 02:26 PM
How to counter turret with any hero.

1. Buy barbed armour.
2. Activate barbed armour.
3. Walk into turret range so it shoots you.
4. ????
5. Profit.

No seriously, the turret explodes like instantly if it shoots anyone with barbed active.

ElementUser
11-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Looks like Blademail/Barbed Armor actually has a good use now!

Isin
11-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Other than forcing Madman to kill himself with Puppet Master :P

Osyris
11-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Other than forcing Madman to kill himself with Puppet Master :P

Didn't think you needed a barbed armour to do that with puppet ...

Great idea on barbed armour for turrets though.

mayainverse
11-27-2009, 03:49 PM
what a stupid counter very cheap too and anyone can do it

Anvard
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
well, there is even cheaper counter for turret - void talisman. 4 seconds is enough to kill the turret.

imho engineer owns only in 1500- games, he is really easily countered and doesn't need a nerf.

but he is so much fun to play. not that kind of "press a button get a profit" hero.

liq3
11-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Didn't think you needed a barbed armour to do that with puppet ...

Great idea on barbed armour for turrets though.

:D

Figured it out while playing as Legionnairre. Got barbed to mess with their carries. Making the enemy puppet kill himself was and always will be awesome. :D

WSLaFleur
11-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Other than destroying DPS heroes with Legionaire?

Disease1
11-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Wait, so the damage barbed armor is received from turret is redirected towards the turret or the engineer? And how would you counter if he has more hp than you?

Frog100
11-27-2009, 07:04 PM
well, there is even cheaper counter for turret - void talisman. 4 seconds is enough to kill the turret.

Yea you just activate and use the 4 seconds to auto atta......

Disease1
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
void talisman disarms you.

Godzu
11-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Can you midas turrets?

noodle0117
11-27-2009, 07:17 PM
lego + barbed armor = anti carry

ChaiN
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM

imho engineer owns only in 1500- games, he is really easily countered and doesn't need a nerf.

but he is so much fun to play. not that kind of "press a button get a profit" hero.

That?s so NOT true lol.

Playing a pro game with an Engineer that has shieldbreaker, thunderclaw, savage mace and riftshards = win. the only thing you need to do is place a turret, send somone in to lure, and if they come the turret finishes them all /easy genocide.

Tempest minions could counter it mayB. But most Engineers get a thunderclaw straight up and if they do they take down entire creepwaves in a blink of an eye.

LiquorQ
11-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Hard counter for Engineer is Spy.

LoliPirate
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Hard counter for Engineer is Spy.

No, that'd be Demoman.

man_guy
11-28-2009, 12:11 AM
How to counter turret with any hero.I would imagine this is going to get fixed since it bypasses the 5 hit = death mechanic.

Rice_RockeT
11-28-2009, 12:40 AM
buying a blademail will reflect damage back to the turret and not to the engineer, just tested in game. Each time the turret damages you, it will take 1 damage (as if it were attacked by your hero)

Slithy
11-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Not so sure but I think Charged hammer works the same way like barbed.

DImported
11-28-2009, 12:51 AM
lego + barbed armor = anti carry
Do NOT get barbed armour on Legionnaire.

junglebadger
11-28-2009, 01:49 AM
No, that'd be Demoman.

rofl. im still waiting for someone to come out with the tf2 skins pack for every class from tf2 :)

Maxter1
11-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Defiler's ulti makes quick work of Engineer's turrets.
Slither's low-cd and high cast-range wards can make quick work of Engineer's turrets.
Warbeat's invisible wolves can sneak up to the turret and take it down.
Polywog's wards can kill it under a second.

procs
11-28-2009, 04:18 AM
hes so squishy , my god. are people just that dumb that they cant figure out a new hero because the way they play now needs to be changed? eesh

Anderbad
11-28-2009, 04:56 AM
1. Stand on top of his gun.
2. Place a sapper.
3. When he tries to save it, backstab him.

Euriti
11-28-2009, 05:04 AM
That?s so NOT true lol.

Playing a pro game with an Engineer that has shieldbreaker, thunderclaw, savage mace and riftshards = win.

Maybe you 'pros' shouldn't let him farm all those god damn items :rolleyes:

Put these items on a Madman and it's an instant win aswell

levo
11-28-2009, 07:59 AM
That?s so NOT true lol.

Playing a pro game with an Engineer that has shieldbreaker, thunderclaw, savage mace and riftshards = win. the only thing you need to do is place a turret, send somone in to lure, and if they come the turret finishes them all /easy genocide.

Tempest minions could counter it mayB. But most Engineers get a thunderclaw straight up and if they do they take down entire creepwaves in a blink of an eye.

tried with tempest, it nearly one shots the minions and that engineer can really counter tempes with his gun (if he got savage mace or brutalizer gg tempest ulti)

Skasian
11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
1 x level 1 Slither ward > (any level/build) turret!!

Since turrent doens't attack the wards!

Godmode_
11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
OKAY gg skasian. Now he is useless.

fungee
11-28-2009, 11:43 AM

Yep, it has a meaning now. :D

PArtMusic
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM

It has for a while, actually.

JustinSynth
11-28-2009, 12:02 PM

HMMMM...
Pretty sure that you cant attack with null on :_.

Glorify1
11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Blademail instantly kills his ultimate when used, and turret kills itself in 2.5 seconds.

Deathlust
11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
The best counters are (I haven't bothered looking at the thread, so I'm just listing):

-Defiler w/ ultimate
-Summoners (Forsaken Archer, Warbeast, Ophelia, Pollywog, Slither etc)
-Damaging orbs/attack effects (Vindicator, MKB, etc)
-Burst attack speeds (Scout, Dark Lady, etc)
-Barbed Armor

Brewcrew
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
As has been said several times: Barbed Armor, it kills both his turret and his ult.

Magiks
11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
2. Place a sapper.

i laughed..
on topic: scout can make quick work with a vanish = gg there is your 5 hits.
(i suppose ill get flamed cause its scout though.)

Darkshine1
11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
2. Place a sapper.

That Defiler's a spy!

Spy sappin' mah sentry!

Tryptophan
11-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Other than destroying DPS heroes with Legionaire?

Taunt + HotBL = Blocked/Reduced Damage = Barbed Armor does practically nothing.

PArtMusic
11-28-2009, 06:40 PM
2. Place a sapper.

/thread.

Fagabond
11-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I find that a lonesome Engineer is very susceptible to melee's such as Predator, Magebane(Treads/Warpcleft), Chronos(Elder Parasite+ULT), Hellflower,...ETC, as his ULT is useless against them and would die before his turrets can do anything.

His ult can change the tide of the game in team clashes with the large AOE silence.

Charade
11-29-2009, 12:47 PM
The best counters are (I haven't bothered looking at the thread, so I'm just listing):

-Defiler w/ ultimate
-Summoners (Forsaken Archer, Warbeast, Ophelia, Pollywog, Slither etc)
-Damaging orbs/attack effects (Vindicator, MKB, etc)
-Burst attack speeds (Scout, Dark Lady, etc)
-Barbed Armor

Add: Slither Wards
and we're pretty much covered.

Stallown
11-30-2009, 02:13 AM
yeah engineer really recks some and its hard to counter in a 5v5 clash, I've yet to try those options but the turret is really rape when there are enemy heroe spells also flying around.

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=13832091
in this game, i was on hellbourne and we were winning by a fair margin of K/D until a bit later engineer farmed up the claw and proceed to rape all team clash till the end.

knowitall
11-30-2009, 02:18 AM
I find that a lonesome Engineer is very susceptible to melee's such as Predator, Magebane(Treads/Warpcleft), Chronos(Elder Parasite+ULT), Hellflower,...ETC, as his ULT is useless against them and would die before his turrets can do anything.

His ult can change the tide of the game in team clashes with the large AOE silence.

lol, engineer's ult is useless against melee? haha

Well_Shebber
11-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Either revolver his sentry down from range or stab sap dat sh!t. Avoid the crit wrench at all costs.

ADVANCED TIP: Telefrag the mofo.

GentleGroove
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Man blademail sucks when you play as engineer. :(

PeterLance
11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Taunt + HotBL = Blocked/Reduced Damage = Barbed Armor does practically nothing.

Not true, barbed armor now returns damage before damage reduction is applied.

Another good counter is accursed. Early game the gun does pretty meh damage, so you can usually just put your shield on you long enough to beat the **** out of it. After that, run up to it and pop your ulti to have it heal you to full while you're breaking it.

Kzanu
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
PPL just forget one thing....that the turret at lvl 4 has 650 range (six hundred AND fifty range). So...yeah he needs a nerf.

Just tried the barbed armor in practice mode : it went one tick of life for every 2 hits by the turret....i was like WTF?!?!?!?

And again...the stupid part is that he has an awesome lasthitting technique (one of the fastest), so the charged hammer will be bought before 20 min. Only one game won so far against Engineer. Solo he's not that big deal, but in team battles he rapes. Had a turret with charged hammer and he was tinkering iit- 5 hits per sec.

Albane
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I went against an engineer last night as Predator, and found him to be a great counter to his Ult. I could stone shield, dive in and drop the engineer in less than 5 seconds, without having to worry about his abilities doing much damage to me.

What I would like to know though, how come when I kill the machine that makes the Ultimate, the fence doesn't immediately vanish? This should be the best counter for this ultimate, but right now attacking it seems pointless.

LightRain
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
rofl. im still waiting for someone to come out with the tf2 skins pack for every class from tf2 :)
wtb pyro skin for malthas

DeadBeRise
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I countered a skilled player's Engineer with Forsaken Archer fairly effectively with use from her Skeletons. The turret doesn't automatically target them, and they will quickly destroy the turret/ultimate.

Johnson
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
1 x level 1 Slither ward > (any level/build) turret!!

Since turrent doens't attack the wards!

WOW. Just tested this. I am awestruck. Good Job Skasian.

12-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Scout can counter engineers turret, stealth + 4 hits (And lifeleech works of the turret somehow), but if he gets eye.... its another story...

Albane
12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Barbed Armor is the best counter for any team. With how OP the Engineer is right now, especially if he can farm both Charged Hammer and Brutalizer, have your tanks both grab Barbed Armor for almost instant death to the turrets.

Also, the Barbed Armor has useful stats all around.

The Slither Trick is pretty cool too, maybe I will have to give him a try next time.

Played a game with Devourer earlier, and it was funny to see Engineer dying over and over with his turret nowhere to be seen.