PDA

View Full Version : Fun completely non serious pub hellbringer carry build?

Godzu
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I was thinking to myself, what makes arachna a better carry than hellbringer? She has magic armor, okay.. but hellbringer can build shrunken head. She is an AGI hero which is an automatic bonus, okay... She has a strong slow, hellbringer's slow is great also. Her ult? well malphas is better than a spiderling in most ways.

Realistically, Arachna's ablities synergize much better for a carry, But Hellbringer could have fun playing carry, with life void he would be pretty unstoppable if built up in a pub.

So let's see..

Hellflower, Shrunken head, harkon's blade, with enhanced marchers?

sWGenetic
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
God no. If you wanna pub-stomp with hellbringer go for restostone, kuldras for enough mana to cast double malphas, and get behemoths. If you get enough farm in the first 10 mins get a mock and then restostone and watch stuff die. Your heal + mock basically makes you invulnerable...

trollfac3
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
2x Doombringer

Godzu
11-24-2009, 02:41 PM
2x Doombringer

winner so far

God no. If you wanna pub-stomp with hellbringer go for restostone, kuldras for enough mana to cast double malphas, and get behemoths. If you get enough farm in the first 10 mins get a mock and then restostone and watch stuff die. Your heal + mock basically makes you invulnerable...

Regular pubstomp (for me) is Stormspirit to dislodge things or to catch runners if i cut them off, Barbed armor if they have a farmed carry, if not skip, and then restostone.

If it were a more serious game I might go sheepstick if i have the best farm out of the support (usually I do, hellbringer is arguable the most durable of support/pushers)

Another point against kuldra is that shackles make them nearly useless anyway... even though it is a VERY good item on most heroes, only 1 or 2 should get it. As Hellbringer, usually it's the other support.

RedJedi
11-24-2009, 02:44 PM
6x Doombringer

11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
If the enemy is smart enough, they will know to bring a nullfire blade and instantly kill your ult. So focusing on your ult can be kinda risky. So I dunno about focusing on resto.

Godzu
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
If the enemy is smart enough, they will know to bring a nullfire blade and instantly kill your ult. So focusing on your ult can be kinda risky. So I dunno about focusing on resto.

Real purpose of ult is not malphas' damage. It's the AOE Stun to initiate.

And if they are using nullfire on malphas as your team is initiating, that's kind of dumb, especially if they have disables. Get rid of a non scaling mediocre damage demon? Or maybe get rid of jereziah's shield, or Hammerstorm's ult... Or maybe mesmerize on your carry

I'm asking for opinions on an auto attack build for fun, it's not meant to be an effective way to play hellbringer. I already know how to WIN as hellbringer, he's one of my best heroes.

Archnation
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
1. Buy codex
2. Skill life void
3. One shot pubs who dont believe in +stat items

Godzu
11-24-2009, 02:58 PM
1. Buy codex
2. Skill life void
3. One shot pubs who dont believe in +stat items

Ah the reliable codex... Interesting synergy with life void.

They are hitting me, they get slowed, then life voided.. i attack them for a bit, then codex works like a better version of heartache...

I might try this in 2v2 or some other bullshit game.

edit: I just tried this in 1v1 and made someone ragequit after lvl 5 fb... HB vs Witchslayer... Made sure to get him at lvl 5.

Definitely fun.

Vulpes
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Arachna has a %based Aura, thus scales awesomely into Lategame.
Hellbringer got a DoT that loses his usefulness after ~lvl9/10 & then proceeds to summon XP+Gold for Enemies.

I guess Hellbringer is the better Carry

Teh_Pwnisher
11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Harkon's blade + life void makes your enemies with zero magic armor, if not less. If you wanna carry with hellbringer this item is essential.

NyRe
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Harkon's blade + life void makes your enemies with zero magic armor, if not less. If you wanna carry with hellbringer this item is essential.

Around -50% reduction or +50% increase =)

Codex then Harkon's should be very fun for pubs. I think that with this you will want to skip Death Boil entirely in favor of stats.

Godzu
11-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Arachna has a %based Aura, thus scales awesomely into Lategame.
Hellbringer got a DoT that loses his usefulness after ~lvl9/10 & then proceeds to summon XP+Gold for Enemies.

I guess Hellbringer is the better Carry

Thanks you for your wonderful input, did you even read p1?

Nydus
11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Hellbringer just can't "carry", is what he was trying to say.

A hero is a "carry" because that hero has abilities that improve as the game goes on or "carry" into late game. Basically anything based off of percent. You can't really make Hellbringer "carry" it would be solely items. A hero like panda could legitimately try and carry, because his ult and flurry are based off of a percent of his dmg. Or even ophelia could try and carry better because she causes the enemy to take an increased percent of dmg. If you want to mess around with a pub carry build on a hero that shouldnt carry, at least pick one that has abilities like that.

HatTrick
11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Fast farm Harkon's Blade to make yourself an incredibly hard hitter while Malphas is still in the mid-game domination stage. Use the increased income from hopefully successfully carrying to farm towards either two directions.

One, used the increased Magic Debuff to farm a Thunderclaw->Charged Hammer and have awesome increased attack speed and very strong lightning bolt strikes (this is the preferred route) -- or go for the longetivity route, and go straight for Frostwolf's Skull.

Mock of Brilliance is great for huge regeneration while Life Void is in effect, but preferably if you can get a Charged Hammer, it should just as well do the job. Frostfield Plate for the aoe magic damage and tankiness could be followed up, then Sheep Stick for near infinite mana if by some sick chance the game literally dragged on this long

Godzu
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Life void works off a %, both healing and damage wise if you build Harkon's, so does the slow, malphas provides a stun which is useful at any level.

Thunderclaw is a great idea..

Tclaw, Hammer, Harkons?

rayanman
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
ghost marchers
codex
shrunkenhead
doombringer/ refresher

hotloy
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
ZOMFGOLOL U WANN CARRY WITH HELL WTS BRAIN DUDE!!!!!!!

seriously cut it out guys. read the ****in posts before u spam the op as i did x.x

Darkalbino_
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
best dps build on him is marchers 2 x bracers hell flower thunderclaw then mock.

A1ias
11-25-2009, 01:17 AM
6x hack

Spaztick
11-25-2009, 01:39 AM
6 hellflowers for permasilence, or you can chain hellflowers to instantly kill a hero with 5 of them at once.

Grandiose
11-25-2009, 01:48 AM
You want to carry with Hellbringer yeh, Ive figured it out years ago. heres a match I totally carryed, But couldn't complete the build. I always go thunderclaw and farm neutrals for a long while till I get Frostwolf, Then Proceed to farm hellflower and Zarkons. It always works. haven't lost a game with Hellbringer even in competitive games.

Example: Match ID 9043463

Edit:here is a game I went Restoration and failed but we still won because Im "support"

match ID 9840108

Godzu
11-25-2009, 01:54 AM
You want to carry with Hellbringer yeh, Ive figured it out years ago. heres a match I totally carryed, But couldn't complete the build. I always go thunderclaw and farm neutrals for a long while till I get Frostwolf, Then Proceed to farm hellflower and Zarkons. It always works. haven't lost a game with Hellbringer even in competitive games.

Example: Match ID 9043463

Going to try Marchers-> 2x Bracers (Sell later) ->Thunderclaw -> Hammer/Harkon's -> Harkon's/Hammer -> Frostwolf

Dont know if it's best to get Harkons early or to get a full hammer first.

Grandiose
11-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Trust me Forget zarkons, Complete hammer and frostwolf, then if the game isn't over Hellflower then Zarkons, If the game still isn't over Either savage mace If they got dodge Or Mock for the aoe stack of Malphas 80 dmg a second. If you want more damage from your zarkons try and get a Riftshards.

If you found yourself with a ton of gold in the start try and go for Mock first.

NyRe
11-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Mock is recommended on HB because it's aura passively heals you at a very fast pace (void 5 creeps and you get +100 hp/sec). It's quite nice with Void because it deals magic damage, but it's not the premium DPS item and ridiculously hard to farm. Harkon's OWNS on him, you're prone to deal like 400 to 500 damage per hit, killing squishies in 3 to 4 hits. And while you keep firing it, you're invincible because you heal so much.

Godzu
11-25-2009, 06:46 AM
Mock is recommended on HB because it's aura passively heals you at a very fast pace (void 5 creeps and you get +100 hp/sec). It's quite nice with Void because it deals magic damage, but it's not the premium DPS item and ridiculously hard to farm. Harkon's OWNS on him, you're prone to deal like 400 to 500 damage per hit, killing squishies in 3 to 4 hits. And while you keep firing it, you're invincible because you heal so much.

See, people thought I was being stupid, but Life Void brings a lot of possibilities and build synergy.

Harkon's is obviously core for this. Frostwolf luxury.

Thunderclaw is nice for farming and attack speed. Charged hammer afterward

The final build I've decided upon is

Courier - 200
2x Mana Pot -100
3x Totem - 189
1x Pretender's - 185

Total = 574

Upgrade courier to Crow and bring the rest for 2x bracers. and mana pots a long the way.

Buy a Scarab and Boots.

Finish Ghost boots.

Thunderclaw

Arcana

Harkon's (should be mid game by now)

Frostwolf Skull.

(No need for charged hammer really)

DImported
11-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Interesting. Thunderclaw will also deal extra damage with it's chain-lightning attack due to Life Void. As for build...

Ghost marchers/Steamboots
2x bracers for early survivability
Thunderclaw/Charged Hammer
Shrunken Head
Harkon's Blade
Kuldra's Sheepstick
Whatever damage item you like (Savage Mace/Riftshards/Doombringer)

Godzu
11-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Interesting. Thunderclaw will also deal extra damage with it's chain-lightning attack due to Life Void. As for build...

Ghost marchers/Steamboots
2x bracers for early survivability
Thunderclaw/Charged Hammer
Shrunken Head
Harkon's Blade
Kuldra's Sheepstick
Whatever damage item you like (Savage Mace/Riftshards/Doombringer)

Nice- I see Shrunken head as optional, It may not be necessary depending on how your team initiates and what the other team's lineup consists of.

Kuldra's is a great alternative to frostwolf skull, It slows if you need it for a gank. With Shrunken head you may not need the HP from Frostwolf. Will be considered....

HatTrick
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Nobody is thinking about a realistic game scenario. You are not going to be farming all game, nor even a lot. There is always towers to defend, people needing to be ganked, and lanes being pushed back rapidly.

All these fantasy builds are not going to come into fruition if you don't play like a team player, as a farming Hellbringer in a lane is an easy target, and generally hard carries will be hogging your jungle. This is why if you're going for a mid-game carry, you'll need something that can provide strong applicable damage to finish heroes off, not hoping that your thunderclaw will proc on the last hit.

That's why I suggest Harkon's over Thunderclaw. You can use the income AND TIME from safely ganking and destroy any teams to farm your Thunder claw, then Charged Hammer. The Thunder Claw will only give you a every-so-often lightning bolt on your mediocre/slow attack speed. Sure it will let you farm faster, but you can only push maybe two/three creep waves at a time before you're required to retreat.

You need to excel in team fights as a carry and not just the guy who wants to farm with Thunderclaw all game. Harkon (when boosted by Life Void) - provides almost true dmg attack per hit for only 100 mana. This incredible attack is what will allow you to destroy heroes from range in team fights in collaboration with Shackles/Death Boil/Malphas.

akitoes
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
See, people thought I was being stupid, but Life Void brings a lot of possibilities and build synergy.

I totally missed mock
Just get mock dammit

Piava
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Sup? Ever considered the fact that arach is agi while hb is int? Arachna scales better, end of story.

Godzu
11-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Sup? Ever considered the fact that arach is agi while hb is int? Arachna scales better, end of story.

You are an idiot.

Glorify1
11-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Radiance. You don't hard carry with this hero, you soft carry.

Grandiose
11-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Ok the only reason I suggest Frostwolf first, is because of the of the large amount of Hp, It stacks with shackle, slowing by 80% attackspeed and 90% movement speed, this coupled with thunder claw/charged hammer which seems to Proc alot on hellbringer so much it ain't funny.That its semi-anti-carry.

NotDan
11-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Fun completely non serious pub hellbringer carry thread, I show before thee:

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=13184380

Enjoy.

Bl3zzu_
11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Greta difference what makes Arachna better carry hero is that her slow is spamable.

If you want good pub build for Hellbringer go for 2x bracers, post haste, resto stone and totem of kundra.

Godzu
11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Greta difference what makes Arachna better carry hero is that her slow is spamable.

If you want good pub build for Hellbringer go for 2x bracers, post haste, resto stone and totem of kundra.

Wow way to miss the point of the thread.

Do you even read? Getting annoyed by these posts.

Geometry
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Radiance first. Whatever else later.

Gredenko
11-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Well, since you said carry.

1. Enhanced Marchers - duh
2. Sheepstick - to disable someone for the 3.5 seconds you need to kill them. No need to waste your ult on solo ganks, use it for the team fights.
3. Harkon's Blade - This + Life Void + Sheep = sexy time
4. Hellflower - This + Harkon's + Life Void + Sheep = more sexy time.
5. Codex - This + Hellflower + Harkon's + Life Void + Sheep = they should die before sheep wears off.
6. Now this item can vary. Storm Spirit if you want to mess with them and get that extra 20 MS. Riftshards to get those nice juicy crits of over 1k. Or just stick with a good ol' Doom Bringer for some brute force. Oh, and there's nothing wrong with Token of Life. Or some kind of lifesteal to make yourself unkillable.

If you're good with your fingers, you can kill someone within the 3.5 second span that they're sheeped, slowed, silenced, and taking extra damage. All while saving your ult for that big team fight!

Edit: Please remember that this build is not SRS BZNS!

Fazzmania
11-26-2009, 04:23 AM
6x hack.

marbas
11-26-2009, 06:43 AM
mock... same reason why bloodhunter need it(fast heal, easy farm) and you can have it in 20min farming in midle lane

HatTrick
11-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, since you said carry.

1. Enhanced Marchers - duh
2. Sheepstick - to disable someone for the 3.5 seconds you need to kill them. No need to waste your ult on solo ganks, use it for the team fights.
3. Harkon's Blade - This + Life Void + Sheep = sexy time
4. Hellflower - This + Harkon's + Life Void + Sheep = more sexy time.
5. Codex - This + Hellflower + Harkon's + Life Void + Sheep = they should die before sheep wears off.
6. Now this item can vary. Storm Spirit if you want to mess with them and get that extra 20 MS. Riftshards to get those nice juicy crits of over 1k. Or just stick with a good ol' Doom Bringer for some brute force. Oh, and there's nothing wrong with Token of Life. Or some kind of lifesteal to make yourself unkillable.

If you're good with your fingers, you can kill someone within the 3.5 second span that they're sheeped, slowed, silenced, and taking extra damage. All while saving your ult for that big team fight!

Edit: Please remember that this build is not SRS BZNS!

Please remember that you will never, ever, realiastically get even half those items in a normal AP game unless you're playing against retards.

Lim_Dul
11-27-2009, 02:48 AM
I think we're kinda assuming that you're playing against and probably with retards if you have to carry as Hellbringer. ^^

BTW - for those who didn't understand the purpose of this discussion and brought up real scaling carries like Arachna I might point out that Hellbringer DOES scale a bit in pretty much the same way as Soulstealer with his Dread. Life Void with its magic armor reduction if we disregard its healing properties makes for increased damage compared to other heroes if he finds a way to deal magic damage and - surprise, surprise - he can - even good old Malphas deals AoE magic damage per second (+ the debuff applied to attacked target) which synergizes nicely with Mock of Brilliance.

Llama
11-27-2009, 03:32 AM
Harkons and codex

Gredenko
11-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Please remember that you will never, ever, realiastically get even half those items in a normal AP game unless you're playing against retards.

Like I said, not SRS BZNS!