PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave of Behemoth

Ikara89
07-25-2009, 01:30 PM
The old shockwave, the one of earthshaker, was also reflected by corpses, the one of Behemoth doesnt, which makes it very much weaker, than the one in dota. Personally I was a great fan of Earthshaker, but Behemoth is now very hard to play, cause u really need to be the first one who is in the team fight. If anyone kills the creeps before the ulti is a comlete waste, cause it deasn't deals a great amount of dmg without the creeps who reflects the ultimate. The main problem here is that there are simply no corpses in HoN.
I think that should be changed.

Greeting Ikara

Hibi1
07-25-2009, 01:36 PM
He's really good actually, and so is his ult. Learn to play?

Kudryavka
07-25-2009, 03:55 PM
He's still a good hero, but if he was balanced in DotA, and got nerfed in the port to HoN, then I don't see why he shouldn't get the buff. DotA is generally better balanced than HoN, as HoN is still in beta, so even if he still seems like a good hero, making him closer to the DotA version (or giving him another buff if the lack of corpses is too much of an obstacle to overcome) would almost certainly be a step in the right direction. Right now, this and the ability of Phase Boots to go through the fissure make him considerably weaker than in DotA. Just because you've seen him perform well in a few games doesn't change the fact that he received undeniable nerfs when ported.

Also, please stick to the issue of balancing rather than insulting a player's skill. You accomplish nothing other than spreading negativity.

Pzzz10uS
07-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Except Earthshaker isn't balanced in DotA. He's constantly banned in competitive games.

Even with HoN's minor nerfs on him, he's still extremely powerful.

Osiris
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Tis ultimate IS reflected by corpses in HoN.

targetselection="all"
maximpactspertarget="1"
targetscheme="enemy_units_and_corpses"
effecttype="Magic"

MavsWorld
07-25-2009, 04:15 PM
As an initiator you should be blinking in and casting ulti straight away. As such the ammount of corpses should be minimal. Learn to play him correctly and you won't find this so much of a problem.

Kudryavka
07-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Tis ultimate IS reflected by corpses in HoN.
If this is true, ignore everything I said, since I'm pretty sure phase boots will get fixed as well, meaning there's nothing wrong with Behemoth.

Isin
07-25-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm going to stop myself from calling you a complete and total idiot, and instead I'll just say that skill level has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. The point is that he did better with ES in DotA than with Behemoth in HoN, and he's suggesting that Behemoth be made just as powerful as ES.

The_Game1
07-25-2009, 04:41 PM
As an initiator you should be blinking in and casting ulti straight away. As such the ammount of corpses should be minimal. Learn to play him correctly and you won't find this so much of a problem.

Refresher orb (not sure of the name in HoN) makes ES significantly better. When used it clears all of your cooldowns allowing for ES to cast his ult twice. After the first cast of his ult the creeps will all die but they don't lose their value because their corpses still count as something to reflect ES's ult off of.

KMUS
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Except Earthshaker isn't balanced in DotA. He's constantly banned in competitive games.

So.. a hero picked in Clan wars is OP ??? Its picked because it's usefull NOT OP !!! Crystal Maiden is picked also and I dont see it OP, also Bane, SK...

That is not a reason.

Anyway like they said... It takes corpes, to thread closed.

cakeflan
07-25-2009, 05:43 PM

Truth

MavsWorld
07-25-2009, 11:35 PM
If you farm a build with enough mana for refresher, plus dagger, plus boot derivative then you've either been completely owning them at which point I'd say not getting twice the damage is not too unfair, or you've been ksing or something that involves not playing him as a support. If the latter is the case then I think it's good that you can't solo teams with a double ulti I don't think it's that bad. People in the pubs always play dps, and if they take a support most don't understand how to support. I am for anything that stops one man teams.

_Archangel_
07-26-2009, 12:53 AM

He's only banned because he screws hard pushing strategies bigtime. He's picked often for this too. He's not imbalanced though. He's just a strong hero.

_M_M_
07-26-2009, 02:53 AM
By the way, Behemoth is not always an initiator, when there are already initiators in his team like lego, or tempest. Waiting for maximizing the numbers of creeps / heroes / corpses can easily double the damage dealt.

Broodax
07-26-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the tool tip even states it reflects off corpses.

I think that if you see Behemoth, you should probably get some dudes with Enhanced Marchers up in that lane. That way you don't have to worry about getting cornered by Fissure.

_Archangel_
07-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Refresher orb (not sure of the name in HoN) makes ES significantly better. When used it clears all of your cooldowns allowing for ES to cast his ult twice. After the first cast of his ult the creeps will all die but they don't lose their value because their corpses still count as something to reflect ES's ult off of.

This is almost unviable now. Pulling this off requires you to farm Arcane Ring and/or Shiva's as well as Blink before Refresher if you want enough mana to pull all your spells out twice. Getting that much farm as Earthshaker means you aren't doing your job properly (Ganking and owning the crap out of your enemies)

Theworstpro
07-27-2009, 05:49 AM
He's only banned because he screws hard pushing strategies bigtime. He's picked often for this too. He's not imbalanced though. He's just a strong hero.

I'm pretty sure he's also banned because once he has a blink dagger he turns most teams into piles of goop. And those that live, get easily hunted down by ES's teamates.

ES is banned constantly because he's pretty imba. That much AoE stun and AoE damage isn't exactly fair...

Mantooth
07-27-2009, 06:11 AM
He isn't imba. For a str hero he has no str gain, and he doesnt have any armor either. He gets killed in a matter of seconds if the entire team isn't disabled, and the other team should be smart enough not to group up in a nice circle for him to blink into.