PDA

View Full Version : Vote for a "Microphone using" TAG for games or players!

HearthCore
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Allright, tired of mates that don't talk, are slow writers, l337 5p34k and failed misscalls due to stress produced by an overreacting girlfriend on the side of a mate?

Great.

Now, the chance to win it all back.
The one thing that'll make your gaminglife better :

TAGs on Players that indicate if those are using Voice (constantly).
and TAGs on Games that only allow those Players in it. (a Game with Teams that actually SPEAK with each other. SO MUCH MORE WIN.)

Your statements, ideas, comments please. :)

Greetings,
HearthCore

Spektroo
11-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Agreed.

ClownFoot
11-08-2009, 11:24 AM
no reason to disagree

Extreme_Cake
11-08-2009, 11:24 AM
If you can't communicate effectively through typing, learn to type.

Kitad1
11-08-2009, 11:35 AM
While I agree that using a mic is important and some people would like to play only with people with Mic, how would you effectively measure who has one or doesn't? Kinda hard to make a rating of it

akitoes
11-08-2009, 11:58 AM
TAGs on Players that indicate if those are using Voice (constantly).
yes

and TAGs on Games that only allow those Players in it. (a Game with Teams that actually SPEAK with each other. SO MUCH MORE WIN.)

Your statements, ideas, comments please. :)

Greetings,
HearthCore
no

HearthCore
11-08-2009, 12:40 PM
If you can't communicate effectively through typing, learn to type.

HELL yes. 10Finger's are for typing!
But still, if you're under heavy action on your lane.. it's easier to just push one button and say "CARE 2 PPL COMING MID * ARGH - Dies - Damn it! *"

While I agree that using a mic is important and some people would like to play only with people with Mic, how would you effectively measure who has one or doesn't? Kinda hard to make a rating of it

Maybe by mate's that check?
Like after a game you check whom of your team you found quite suitable, but instead a click on the microphone button to give him a microphone score.

(sure some ppl still could fake it, but what for? oO..)

no

Why is that? if someone hands you an apple, you can just decline it. But why would you say no to an additional GameCreate reference that may enchance playstyle?

( i assume you're one of those who dislike communication? )

akitoes
11-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Second idea is simply bad design :) If you brainstorm for a couple of minutes you'll know why.

kyokunchan
11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, sorry to say you bad then, get over the fake that some people are slow at typing and some people dont have mic or dont even use it if they have it. If you in a pub game then it si going to happen. If you wont a game where people use and can type fast do a god dame clan game or with friends who you know. Get over it. Played alot of game were my team did not type at all and we still did good because it is not hard to tell when heros are going to do as how they move their chr around. Get use to reading people son.

xxnitroxx1
11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Agreed, also there are interface Mods that make so all you have to do is press a button and u can say to you team where anyone is missing.

kyokunchan
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Agreed, also there are interface Mods that make so all you have to do is press a button and u can say to you team where anyone is missing.
or type Mis, that easy as well lol, said in a diff thread. If you dont have mic and are going to type, all you should eb using it 2-6 words MAX. Tell team what hero is 1st such as:((Say they pusing a lane and you getting ready for a team fight ro you going to gank)) Pyro. To me just saying pyro when going to gank would let me know that they wont pyro gone fast and 1st. Or even just saying: top miss/2miss/help/gank top/((Or just))gank. People can take less then a sec to look at map and see your color and see that you top as you called for a gank. AND YOU ALL CALLED LANES IN THE BEG OF GAME. So no reason you dont know were heros are. So i see no point in bit****g over a mic.

crayze
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Typing is hard I guess. Or maybe its reading that you're having trouble with..?

HearthCore
11-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Reading smth like "mis" makes my eyes bleed. So, yea maybe i have trouble with ready some ppl's writings.
I mean.. when you actually have the time to write "mis" why spare an S ? Does it make you look cooler? No Kiddo.

Godzu
11-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Reading smth like "mis" makes my eyes bleed. So, yea maybe i have trouble with ready some ppl's writings.
I mean.. when you actually have the time to write "mis" why spare an S ? Does it make you look cooler? No Kiddo.

Don't be so pretentious.

Both methods are fine.

The point is, you know what they are talking about.

MacintoshBoy
11-08-2009, 11:13 PM
yes yes yes. much easier. tells ya beforehand how the communication will play out i guess..

yianniforMVP
11-09-2009, 04:21 AM
I don't like to talk to idiots :).

HearthCore
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Wow.

You got some good reasons not to like the idea! It makes all so much sense!

Comeon guys, enlighten me. I want to clearly understand how you go from "i don't like to talk to idiots." to "i don't like voicechat TAGs" .

Photo
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
This isn't in the game because noobs like you will go "omg why didnt u call missing, its not recorded in teh chatlog u must've not called it"

dEph_
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I prefer voice chat over typing any day.

HearthCore
11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
WoW!
"noobs like you"
I say leave your place to the cubans and get the hell out.

An Offensive strategy is not the way to argue with ppl smarter than you.

Lampone
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. In my experience, teams with verbal communication do much, much better than mute teams. Teams who don't bother to type anything at all are even worse.

BachelorFrog
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Lately, I've been placing "VOIP" in my public match names, but unless I ask every player that joins if they have a mic and boot those who don't, it's really just a useless string of letters that gets ignored.

With that in mind, I completely support this in either or both forms and would like to see them as available options in the matchmaking system. Instead of a tag, though, I think a VOIP marker near the name would suffice: greyed-out if no mic is present, some other color if a mic is detected.

I don't quite understand the opposition, either. If you don't care whether or not your pub team is VOIP-capable, then just leave the damn option unchecked and/or ignore the VOIP markers. Some of us really do prefer people who actively use voice; it frees up my hands from typing when planning more complex strategies or communicating in a hectic combat, and it keeps my eyes on my surroundings and the minimap (where they should be) instead of on the chat log.

HearthCore
11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
*bump

PriMeS
11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, I like it, ofc. So much more effective to use VOIP than to type.

Konsume
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I voted yes! FFS YES!! DAMN IT!

Kluck1
11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Clan tags is enough

BeastmanAIDS
11-11-2009, 09:35 AM
No, because while sometimes I do use my mic, othertimes all you would hear if I did so would be Spongebob Squarepants blaring in the background and my girlfriends daugther talking up a storm. So neither "Mic Using" or "Not Mic Using" would fit, and likely a lot of other people as well.

Not to mention the overwhelming majority of the time things can be conveyed just as easily by typing and/or pinging.

Templar42
11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes to the first idea, no to the second, OP. More game options are not things to be added whimsically, but it would be nice to know when I might end up playing with someone who insists on saying absolutely nothing for the entire game, or who types like kyokunchan.

konetix
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
No, because many players can effectively call a miss without using a mic.