PDA

View Full Version : Jezariah

dxbydt
07-22-2009, 06:43 PM
What was wrong with slowing aura? Now he's got crazy op kunkka splash 2.0?

Ryno2112
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
lol? this isn't nearly as good as slow aura.

dxbydt
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh i'd prefer slowing aura too. Should be changed. Just because the ability on it's own is better than kunkkas doesn't mean it makes up for the slowing aura that omniknight had.

tagg1080
07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
The aura was more in line with his more general support purpose. With the attack, he is leaning more towards a tank that can heal, not a healer that can tank. The aura kept him more in his place, imo.

FiNGERS
07-22-2009, 07:43 PM
The splash attack is much better than Omniknight's degen aura IMO. It's so much easier to control a lane now. Also you can use it on fleeing opponents if they get too far away, just smack a creep. Also I think the aura was in some cases a bit overpowered. There was just NO getting away from Omniknight.

Unnatural
07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
The splash attack is much better than Omniknight's degen aura IMO. It's so much easier to control a lane now. Also you can use it on fleeing opponents if they get too far away, just smack a creep. Also I think the aura was in some cases a bit overpowered. There was just NO getting away from Omniknight.

Precisely. Even more importantly, they added the ms boost to repel now, meaning that if he had his aura, it would be impossible to get away. It was bad enough if you added an additional slow to omni in Dota (shiva/sny etc). Now it would just be a bit ridiculous.

tagg1080
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM

Good point, but again, this makes him more of a melee fighter, not a supporter. The rest of his spells lean heavily towards support, so I think this spell should remain the same. The aura is more support like, and maybe have it be not as much as in DotA, but it should be an aura, imo.

FiNGERS
07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
@tagg1080 If you need to slow someone down, pop your phase boots and go smack him. Jereziah is still easily played as a support, and is one of my favorite heroes now. (I despised playing Omni in DotA)

tagg1080
07-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Precisely. Even more importantly, they added the ms boost to repel now, meaning that if he had his aura, it would be impossible to get away. It was bad enough if you added an additional slow to omni in Dota (shiva/sny etc). Now it would just be a bit ridiculous.

That is a good point to bring up, that speed bonus has potential, BUT, remember, he can't heal himself during that duration. That in itself to me takes the OP out of it. I think that if a lower percentage aura was in place, it would put him back on his Uber support pedestal like he belongs. Something like 8/10/12/14, would not be imba.

300 + 10% = 330
330 - 300 = 30 diff

300 - 14% = 258
342 - 300 = 42 diff

that is pretty much even, but if aura + bonus are on:
330 - 258 = 72 diff

That is still not THAT much of a difference, considering it takes away his ability to heal. But he is magic immune, and can chase better. It is a toss up, could really go either way.

I do not have a problem with the hit per say, I just think it is making him less support, which is what he really was designed for, and excells at. This is changing his position, and without changing his other stats, I think he is just worse at tanking and healing right now.

Mardius
07-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Omniknight > Jezariah

1. Aura was so much better it was good at offensive and defense.
2. Omniknight magic immunity lasted 20 seconds, Jezariah lasts 11.... retarded.

tagg1080
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
@tagg1080 If you need to slow someone down, pop your phase boots and go smack him. Jereziah is still easily played as a support, and is one of my favorite heroes now. (I despised playing Omni in DotA)

Right, but that is making him less of a support char. The point was that he could sit back and heal, and let the faster guys go get them, OR, if he wanted to he could go after them himself. His primary goal is support, and an aura would do that.

Kietharr
07-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Omniknight > Jezariah

1. Aura was so much better it was good at offensive and defense.
2. Omniknight magic immunity lasted 20 seconds, Jezariah lasts 11.... retarded.

1. Aura is better for chasing on ganks but honestly the cleave from tidebringer makes him MUCH better at lane control and farming. On a melee hero this is crucial, few melee heroes have the lane control that Pirate or Jereziah can claim.

2. Shorter magic immunity is inconsequential really, if you need 20 seconds of immunity your team isn't playing right or you're losing too many teamfights. 11 seconds with 10% bonus MS is more effective as the critical moment of a teamfight doesn't even last THAT long. After that it's usually chasing or running away depending on who got the better initiation or who had more people there.

FiNGERS
07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
People making their first posts in a balance thread. Good laughs. Stop comparing Jereziah to Omniknight and DotA to HoN. Jereziah is what he is. Don't try to tell me he is any less of a support hero because he has a heal, a free magic immunity, and a team-wide physical immunity. Oh yeah he has an AoE splash attack that slows. He's definitely not a support hero with skills like that.

FuzzyWuzzy
07-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Repel now grants MS buff (not that much anyway), so I guess the duration was nerfed for that reason

Also, Jereziah is an unstoppable solo hero now, especially without that many good soloers in HoN (no Viper, Necro, Tinker zzzz), not a support *****.