PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] EARN HERO ICONS

Nightdust
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
It would be nice if we had a system like Warcraft 3, where if you have a certain amount of wins, you can pick an ICON you would like to display next to your name in the CHAT LOBBY.

I think with this type of system, it can attact and retain players, as there is something to "work" for. It's like how world of warcraft implemented "achievements" into their game.

We could have Icons based on amount of games won like
25 games, 125 games, 250 games, 500 games, 1000, 1500, etc. Any number system is fine.

Perhaps we can also earn icons depending on your KILLS? If you reach a certain number of kills, you can gain the corresponding icon to use.

DeviousAlpha
07-22-2009, 11:36 AM
It would be nice if we had a system like Warcraft 3, where if you have a certain amount of wins, you can pick an ICON you would like to display next to your name in the CHAT LOBBY.

I think with this type of system, it can attact and retain players, as there is something to "work" for. It's like how world of warcraft implemented "achievements" into their game.

We could have Icons based on amount of games won like
25 games, 125 games, 250 games, 500 games, 1000, 1500, etc. Any number system is fine.

Perhaps we can also earn icons depending on your KILLS? If you reach a certain number of kills, you can gain the corresponding icon to use.

Not by kills. It promotes stat farming. And stat farming is bad for the game.

Games won is a good stat to use because it promotes WINNING the match, and not farming the opposition.

Klahr
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Not by kills. It promotes stat farming. And stat farming is bad for the game.

Games won is a good stat to use because it promotes WINNING the match, and not farming the opposition.

Agreed.

Kry1
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd rather just see your icon be your most played hero after x games.

Nightdust
07-22-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd rather just see your icon be your most played hero after x games.

that can work too.

Or perhaps in the future, the stats system will also record what is your most used hero/or how many times u have played certain heroes?

That way, say for example I wanted the pyromancer icon. Maybe I need to win 100 games with him to unlock his icon?

Vithe
07-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I would much rather see a achievement system in place (like what the 360 has).

Ryno2112
07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd like to see the achievements and I'd like to see an indicator of what hero someone plays the most, or at least what type of hero. KD ratio + if you can see their most played hero will give you a good idea of what type of player they are. .8:1 and their main hero is scout? gtfo of my game. .8:1 with 2 assists with every death and they use enigma or puppet master? OK then.

Nightdust
07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
if this is implemented, the chat interface might have to be changed a little bit so that icons show up next to people's names?