PDA

View Full Version : Wretched Hag

MrJohn
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM
This is my first guide written for a HoN hero.
I've decided to do a Wretched Hag guide as I haven't seen any good detailed guide
on the forum and she seems to be a rather underrated hero who's rarely picked.
Inspiration and most of the template for this guide is from glorify's premium guides.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7018/skillmain.jpg

Introduction
Wretched Hag is a direct port of DotA's Queen of Pain. She's a heavy nuker, ganker is actually able to semi carry if well farmed.

pros / cons
Massive AoE damage
Great escape/chase mechanism
Strong solo
Good slow
Low health/mana
High mana cost on most spells
Countered by Shrunken Head.

As of patch 0.1.51 the ultimate now adds the Haunt slow effect to all targets hit!

Skills
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1954/skill1.jpg
Haunt deals x amounts of damage and also damages the target over time while slowing them.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1351/skill2.jpg
Flash of Darkness standard blink. Great spell for chasing/escaping. Range increased and mana cost decreased the more you level it.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5373/skill3.jpg
Sonar Scream is your main nuke. Deals a ton of damage in a x radius around Wretched Hag.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/908/skill4c.jpg
Bat Blast is a powerfull cone attack dealing a whooping 750 damage at level 16 with SotM. As of latest patch also affects every target hit with Haunt.

Skillbuild
1. Flash of Darkness/Haunt
2. Haunt/Flash of Darkness
3. Sonar Scream
4. Sonar Scream
5. Sonar Scream
6. Bat Blast
7. Sonar Scream
8. Flash of Darkness
9. Flash of Darkness
10. Flash of Darkness
11. Bat Blast
12. Haunt
13. Haunt
14. Haunt
15. Stats
16. Bat Blast
17-25. Stats

Flash of Darkness should be taken first unless you are teaming up for the 00:00 rune. But should always spend the first
two points in getting blink and slow for either escaping or chasing. Sonar Scream is leveled first as the primary nuke after
that I usually level Flash of Darkness as I prefer a lower cd/longer range on my chase/escape ability rather than slow.
Bat Blast is always leveled asap.

Item Builds
Starting items
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7981/items1.jpg
Starting of with early stats that helps you last hitting a lot. Starting out
with a bottle alone is also an option but I prefer this build do to the stat
gain and the fact that you dont really spend any mana before your sonar
scream is close to max.

Early game
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7126/items2.jpg
Stacking some int in form of talisman is nice for your very mana consuming
spells. Keep your threads int until you reach mid game to further support
your spells and also increase your auto attack damage. Bottle should be
gotten first for runes. TP's are essential especially when you're gonna help
gank other lanes.

Mid game
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9729/items3.jpg
Start building your SotM with glowstone giving you a bunch of much
needed hp and mana and finish it asap. Some people might disagree with
me on this but SotM has become so easy to build even if you're having a
bad game and it gives all what you could ever want in hp/mana and the
boost to your already powerfull ultimate.

Late game
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4486/items4.jpg
This is how your late game should look like. You can build kuldra before
SotM if you really want to but I strongly suggest on picking up the
glowstone for SotM before doing so.

Tiered-out
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/tiereditems.jpg/http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3593/tiereditems.jpg
Basicly the same tiered-out items as in Glorify's Soul Reaper guide (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=24545). Reason
is the two heroes are very much alike.

Gameplay

Lane choice
You should always be heading mid solo or bottom lane solo if there's a
jungling hero on your team (tempest, legionnaire, zephyr). Getting that
level advantage to skill up your nuke as fast as possible makes you a
deadly ganker. As soon as you hit level 6 your combined ultimate with
sonar scream is deadly in any lane ganking you join in on. Play defensive
until you have your bottle, last hitting and denying.

Runes and bottle
Hopefully someone on your team has bought a courier and you should get
your bottle sent to you as soon as you can afford it. This is when you can
start roaming and play more aggresive. Scouting and grabbing is very easy
with Wretched Hag. Because of your blink it is very unlikely that you will
die while going for rune. If no one on your team has warded rune spawning
points you can do that aswell and combined with your blink you will
absolutly dominate the runes.

Mid game and ganking
Beginning mid game when your threads has been completed together with
2 talismans you should start ganking other lanes. Wrecthed Hag moves
quickly around with blink and can do some good surprise attacks on other
lanes combined with the help of your team mates. At this point your sonar
scream + bat blast combo is enough to nearly nuke a target down by itself
so combined with your team you can easily get some early kills.

Team fights
As I've stated many times before Wretched Hag is a fairly squishy hero,
especially early and mid game. Therefore in every team battle you should
stand in the background before any team fight, blink in and sonar scream +
ulti after your initiator have gone in. Make sure you're not blink in directly
in the middle of their team as firstly you will get focused fast and secondly
your ulti will not hit their whole team being a cone attack.

Wretched Hag synergizes well with heroes like Swiftblade, Moon Queen
and Plague Rider because of her ability to clear creep waves so fast, getting
the full potential of their ultis.

That's it for my first guide for now.
I will submit and end this guide for now, updating it if I remember more that I forgot to put in.
Again, thanks to glorify for inspiration to writting this guide.

Also, constructive criticism appreciated.

Blockk
10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm glad I decided not to write a hag guide cause it would pretty much have the exact skill build and item order. I always get bottle, 2 exiles, int steamboots. Then go for Kuldra and then SotM. So pretty much hit the nail on the head. Well done

JC
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi,

Thank you for the guide, I also very much enjoy Hag and think that he/she is very underrated as I do extremely well playing this hero and surprise a lot of people.

I do build mine different than you, though, however I don't claim be the expert.

My skill choice is very similar, but my item build is quite different...

Instead of phase, I go steam boots.
Instead of nulls, I go bracers (excuse the DOTA terminology).
Instead of Staff of the Master, I go Orchid - I don't believe staff is a very good item for Hag at all to be honest...
I also like behemoth's heart.

Going Guinsoo isn't a bad choice, of course, because it's an amazing item depending on the game however I find it pretty hard to farm up 3 big items and find myself benefiting better making this the last item I build unless I can tell early it's clear I will need it.

Any thoughts / opinions on the above is greatly appreciated.

See ya around.

ElementUser
10-31-2009, 10:32 PM
If you can get Kuldra Sheepstick, get it over Staff of the Master. It's better in practically every way if you can farm that Acolyte's Staff & Blessed Orb

JC
11-01-2009, 01:44 AM
I agree. Especially since Hag's ult is now really decent giving HAUNT to it's victims, the damage increase isn't really necessary since everyone is so immobilized for you to just chip away at or sonar nuke.

ReD`EyeD
11-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Change "critism" to "criticism". Is it constructive enough?

IlickTurtles
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
wtf @ strong solo, what abilitys make her a strong solo? I like the lvl advantage but you have a serious disadvantage against many solo liners

ElementUser
11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
wtf @ strong solo, what abilitys make her a strong solo? I like the lvl advantage but you have a serious disadvantage against many solo liners

Mainly her Sonar Scream. She can blink away from ganks too.

IlickTurtles
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
yes sonar scream is nice but easy to dodge (if u blink in and scream many heros can outdmg u in the process)
Yes u can survive mid pretty well, but i wouldn't consider her to be one of the good solo liners

Harshyo
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
The haunt level you put on ppl when ulting depends on the haunt level you have, so I'd rather lvl haunt first so you can haunt, wait a bit, ult and have full haunt on them again with no extra mana cost.

JoeMartin
11-01-2009, 10:39 PM
She's a ranged blinker. She owns the runes, thus owns mid.

jay`t
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
The thing about wretched hag is that she dominates midgame so hard that I don't really think that you need a staff of the master.

She has a great agi gain of 2.0 and a 550 range, as well as a good animation.

Thus, if the game seems to be dragging on, I like to grab frostwulf skull on her after sheep, as it helps her already good chasing, provides a hefty boost in hp/mp, and makes her autoattack pretty scary. It also keeps her relevant through lategame, whereas a staff wouldn't (where relevance in this case is defined as autoattack doing almost as much as her sonar scream). She dominates other ints like this, and allows her to take a valkyrie-like position at late game - a pesky medium damage threat that has to be dealt with - as opposed to dropping her nuke and her ult and being largely ignorable.

edit: I'd like to agree with the below that void talisman is better than shrunken head on this girl. if they're dumping magic damage and disables into you, it's probably better than them doing so to your madman or whatever.

Suiraclaw
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
If you manage to get Kuldra and any other EHP item of choice, Harkon's blade is actually a viable third big item (yes it's true). Harkon's simply turns your auto attack in a nuke and pretty much doubles your damage late game.

Ie. it's an alternative to frostwulf skull depending on the rest of your team and theirs. It allows you to finish heroes in the duration of haunts slow instead of having to keep them slowed.

However, it isn't a core item.

Lastly, I disagree with shrunken head. Shrunken head is imo an item to avoid disables/stuns. Yet, hag only has simply "fire and forget" spells so chances are small you get disabled so much that you can't even use your ulti/blink away (and if that's the case, shrunken head won't always save you either).

/prepares to get flamed: actually void talisman is a better item than shrunken head for hag only. For 1500 gold you get good stats and by the time you get it the activable is enough to keep you alive long enough to fire all your spells and blink away. (ie flash -> void -> ulti -> nuke -> flash). As long as you don't blink into a magmus/torturer/behemoth/whatever ulti there's no way they can kill a heroe that late game without physical damage. (note that it doesn't give a magic armor penalty anymore)

Grimace
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I personally prefer to level Flash of Darkness over Sonar Scream, maxing Flash at level 7. I find that I don't have the mana to support farming with a level 4 Scream at 7-11. After that it's good. Anyone else care to comment?

Capricious
11-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I personally prefer to level Flash of Darkness over Sonar Scream, maxing Flash at level 7. I find that I don't have the mana to support farming with a level 4 Scream at 7-11. After that it's good. Anyone else care to comment?

Sonar scream is a fixed 140 mana. Leveling it up does not increase cost.

I usually grab a level of flash and haunt, then level scream at every opportunity. At level 6/7 you want to do max damage for ganking - level 4 flash doesn't allow you to do that. The reduced cooldown/increase in range isn't as valuable at this point in the game.

JC
11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I've been playing Hag on AP/APEM games for about the past 50 - 60 games, literally. My friends are annoyed but I love her and wanted to continue to test.

That said, as far as I can tell the best build certainly revolves around getting Sonar up immediately as it's a fixed cost throughout all levels and becomes a serious AOE nuke for (as previously mentioned above) incredible mid game play.

Now, with Hag's ult giving Haunt off it does make you think about going forward with haunt earlier on, however, I find that because of the massive mana cost it's in many times only feasible to use scream, haunt (even at low level for a slow) and flash and use your ult in particular situations or when you didn't need to flash in - the worst thing that you can do with Hag is run out of mana and have an unused nuke and no mana to flash out...

That being the case, I level flash over haunt as it's mana costs DECREASES and it's range INCREASES making it the obvious choice, in my opinion, to level first as it will provide more mana for you to nuke with and get your further from the battle or closer to it, faster.

As it stands now, I believe in the following build of items for mid solo - and yes, I do believe that Hag is a great solo being a blinked range hero - it's hard to argue her. I only find matchups versus a few heroes distinctively challenging, those being succubus, valkerie and demented shaman.

Bottle
2x Null Talisman (excuse the dota terminologies)
Steamboots (Strength)
Heart
Guinsoo

You've really got it all with this build assuming you are controlling runes you have plenty of ganking potential and plenty of mana. Staff of the master is just not where you want to be, nor is maelstrom which I've tried many times for attack speed, farming, etc.

SyyRaaaN
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Im actually currently advocating the same skill build / Item build as this guy does. Since the mindless Hag buff SotM feels like the prime choise on her. Lowering the CD from 130 to 80 on such a broken ultimate is priceless.

This new Hag makes 6.3x/6.4x hag seem balanced. Ofcourse the fast kuldra can always be used, but the fast sotm build is clearly useful, specially if you play versus a team of squishies.

I actaully liked this short guide but i can swear that SoTM buffs damage to 725, not 750. And maybe present ur perspective on worst enemies? :P.

MrJohn
11-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.
Just got home from a short travelling trip, but I will read your replies and update this guide tomorrow.

Zealousy
11-04-2009, 12:58 AM
This has helped my Hag playing. Thanks! Hag is now my main INT hero. No stun? No problem! She can be useful in defense, in pushing early, and in team fights. Not to mention her wonderful *voice* ;D

Sung715
11-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Great guide, I'm gonna stick with hag for a bit now.. i love how the tide of the battle turns 180 when enemies get hit with an ulti & sonar scream.

Exactable
11-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Hag is one of the only heroes that Null Stone shines on. Blocking that stun have saved my ass on many on occasion when I was 1 second away from blinking. Also mana regen, hp regen, health pool, mana pool, bit of armor, attack speed. All helpful. After that I like to get a Sheepstick. I find that Sotm's benefits are rather limited.

Capricious
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
The cooldown reduction on utli with SoTM is pretty nice though.

1min 20 seconds vs. 2min 15 seconds for level 3 ult. 125 more damage per target and the stats - sotm is a solid choice for 4300 gold.

siefat
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
is void talisman viable?

Blockk
11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
SotM effectively makes you deal alot more damage, and gives you a good chunk of health and mana. It should be your 2nd core item after Kuldra's Sheepstick. Always.

selenta
11-07-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm gonna have to agree, I don't play hag THAT much, but I've had pretty lopsided experiences when I do and if you're doing well sotm really should be your first choice. It's the kind of equipment that will push your team from "slightly ahead" to "consistently raping". Even just getting just one gank that much faster from the enhanced cooldown makes a huge difference in finishing their team off. If you're behind it's a little more of a toss up, and your best bets completely depend on what you're up against; could be nullstone, sheepstick, or whatever.

Hippie
11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
I have to agree with SotM as a core item on hag now that her ulti's been boosted - the reduced cooldown gives you many more gank opportunities, and a well placed Bat Blast can win you a teamfight hands down, especially combined with a Sonar Scream.

Brannock
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Guide is lacking in some parts. What to do if you get owned mid by certain heroes like Witch Slayer?

marbas
11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
i like going steamboots then bracelet after that making hellflower(in the mid of making hellflower i buy glowstone to increase hp mp pool) making more carry build if late game happen. Hag need really big supply of mana pool, regen and hellflower make her almost infinity mana pool. You can blink cast sonar scream hount without worry that mana end. Hellflower have silance so it fix big problem that hag have no disable stun silance what is realy important (i prefer have some disable then sotm) there is no need to make kuldra anymore. Next adnavntage is cheap part to make hellflower so you can easly make it. After hellflower when game not end i try make frost skull what make her prety good carry late game. Skull give her hp as dmg armor and slow enemy

Qwernakus
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
My build is usualy stats, regen, courier and then i go mid. I get a bottle first, then Steamboots, and then follow with 1 Talisman of Exile and 1 Fortified Bracer. I usualy have bottle and marchers by level 7, is that terrible? Its usualy enough for me to gank.

After this i get myself a Staff of the Master, closing my core build. After this, would Shieldbreaker or Frostwolfs Skull be a good choice? find myself auto attacking a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Preben
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Great escape/chase mechanism
Strong solo
Good slow

You write it as if those 3 are cons... I guess they should be green coloured pros! ;)

TreeHorse
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
My build is usualy stats, regen, courier and then i go mid. I get a bottle first, then Steamboots, and then follow with 1 Talisman of Exile and 1 Fortified Bracer. I usualy have bottle and marchers by level 7, is that terrible? Its usualy enough for me to gank.

After this i get myself a Staff of the Master, closing my core build. After this, would Shieldbreaker or Frostwolfs Skull be a good choice? find myself auto attacking a lot.

Thanks in advance!

If you can put together the money for it, Frostwolf Skull is a very manly choice. Alternatively if your team has enough stun/slow already go for the Shieldbreaker in case your carry doesn't have one. If all of the above conditions are met, get Harkon's. You'll instagib people.

Or skip all of them, build a Hellflower, and profit accordingly while frontloading 1300*1.2 magic damage to their silenced key support hero.

WSLaFleur
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Interesting Guide, MRJohn, props to you in your endeavor.

I'm hearing a lot of arguing, which can only mean one thing. Certain points were not addressed thoroughly. At least not thoroughly enough to convince folks.

SotM VS. Heart

'These seem to be unanimously the 'metagame' choice-items for Hag'

Rather than bantering about like some prepubescent flamer, let's just compare some statistics and let people make their own assumptions.

Stats Comparison (And I am under the assumption that we find agility a negligible stat for the Hag)

HP: 390 VS. 765
MP: 280 VS. NONE

And then there's the matter of COOLDOWNS, as we know (Because I assume you know) The Behemoth's Heart lowers all CDs as follows.

"15% reduced cooldowns"

Well damn, that sounds nasty, but on the other hand, Staff of the Master improves your ultimate ability. Actually, it lowers its COOLDOWN. So how do the two compare? I'll give you some statistics just for shits and giggles.

Flash of Darkness - 0.95s CD
Sonar Scream - 1.05s CD
Haunt - 1.65s CD
Bat Blast - 26.25s CD

While with the Staff of the Master, you're looking at this whopper of a cooldown reduction...

Bat Blast - 55s CD

Question: So what does it all mean?

Answer: Nothing in particular, but then, why give you all of this information?

Opinions: Ah, now this is what you've all been waiting for. A chance to flame me, but I'd be curious to see if anyone's that bold when I'm done saying what I've come to say.

After looking at the statistics for myself, I've come to the conclusion that 'Staff of the Master' is far superior to Behemoth's Heart for the Hag.

Why?

1) The pieces are smaller, and you're a mid-game 'ganking' hero, we shouldn't be busy saving up 3200 gold during our strongest play time.

2) Mana and Mana Regeneration (Which is something I didn't mention when I presented you with stats) Behemoth's Heart doesn't give you any. How can you be expected to zip around the map ganking and keeping up the pressure on your opponents when you've got a mana pool that makes your junk seem big?

3) The cooldown on the Staff of the Master is more worth it, IMO. Bat Blast and Sonar Scream are your primary ganking utilities. 135s down to 80s means just about a minute less time between potential ganks, whereas Behemoth's Heart might do a better job saving your ass, that shouldn't be your primary concern as Hag.

Food For Thought: Consider getting both and ditching the Sheepstick, because between the two, Bat Blast is looking like a 68s CD, as well as much more fluid Sonar Scream to Bat Blast combo due to the +30 Cast Speed.

I hope this has all been somewhat helpful, I wanted to address what I thought to be one of the more prominent arguments hitting this thread.

adrift
11-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Barbed armor is very good depending on the game. Cheap armor/int/damage. If your team does not have a strong initiator it can be great. It allows you to be where you need to be in teamfights without getting focused down. Even if they do focus you down its at a cost to the team since the reflect damage + your own AoE will do enough to pretty much win the teamfight.

I would almost always get a mana battery instead of a null. Hag needs burst regen and its good on almost any hero.

Shiva or sheep depending on what you need. Against agi carries or when you just need more AoE and not really the disable shiva is good. I would never get skadi over shiva. Unless you are facing a ton of nuke the armor is just as good as the HP on skadi and its cheaper. Landing the slow is never a problem with blink.

SoTM is not that good. Its just damage on the ult - you can get HP/MP from better items. The CD is short enough as it is it will be up for any team fight. Its definitely a viable item I just prefer shiva or something else.

waspeh
11-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I <3 hag, by far my most played hero since her ulti buff, build wise I go:

haunt 1st - it works great with the ulti, great for saving myself/team mates, better dmg/mana
Flash - taken at level 1 (obvs) but I tend to leave rest till later lvls, the quick lvling up of haunt means you have to rly a lot less on blink to gank/escape early game
Sonar - taken after haunt (and sometimes delayed till 2/3 points after flash). I early to early-mid its just too mana inefficient to farm so I hold it off, as soon as you get your 1st Ulti orb your away!
Ulti - Taken every level, amazing with maxed haunt

Items:
Start = 2xProtender's crown, 2 runes, 1 mana pot (or 1 rune + extra pots if I have some1 with a heal - although I try to avoid it)
Mid-game = Boots--->Steamboots (strength), 2xFort bracers and start working on Frostwolf
End-game = Frostwolf (core item) + Hellflower (DPS) / Shruken head (if needed) /Nullstone (if needed)

I will take sheep stick over frostwolf if rly needed...but if my team rly lacks the disables somethings gone wrong with the picks!

Rather different to what most people seem to do...but it works for me. Frostwolf just works great for the team, nothing can get away from you mid-late and basic survivability probs are overcome.

Until last week I was using the more typical SotM and Flash/sonar build...but I have just found my way (since the ulti buff) far more effective.

Mitnek
11-16-2009, 05:56 AM
I agree with the others in that Void Talisman is a core item. It adds the utility you need to survive against carries. It has the added benefit of making enemy players stand around confused about why their character isn't attacking. It completely shuts down every physical damage character leaving only INT nukers; and with blink they aren't that scary. If you're still dying, you're positioning yourself poorly or playing too aggressively.

My personal skill order:
1. Flash
2. Sonar
3. Sonar
4. Haunt (helps with ult/chasing)
5. Sonar
6. Bat Blast
7. Sonar
8. Haunt
9. Haunt
10. Haunt
11. Bat Blast
12-14. Flash
15. Stats
16. Bat Blast

The rationale behind levelling up Sonar is because Hag's last hitting ability is very poor due to her low damage (40-48), and Sonar will help you get those early game last hits you need before your base damage kicks in. It also helps you farm very fast once it gets up to level 4.

The reasoning behind ignoring Flash - you really only need one level of flash ever for escaping gank attempts at this point in the game. You should be in the middle lane, meaning you won't be going moving too far because the mid towers are so close.

Over several games I found more than one level of flash isn't necessary. If you are moving into top/bot to help gank one blink is sufficient to land your Bat Blast/Haunt while your teammates can continue to gun them down. Just remember to blink behind them if possible so they have to run past your Sonar after you've Bat Blasted them.

Leveling Haunt ASAP (Lv 8,9,10) is secondary to boost your Ulti DPS and ganking ability.

I always get a courier when I run middle, but other than that you are looking at the standard Pretender's/Runes/Minor Totems.

There are other variations like picking up Mana Battery/PS for spammers like Plague Rider.

That starts you off pretty well, after that I usually pick up a bottle and take control of runes as often as possible.

After that I get Marchers, and finish off my Pretender's Crowns into Fortified Bracers (x2) and/or complete Steamboots (set to INT for laning for last hits, STR when ganking for that extra 120 HP). TP stones are nice in this phase too.

Follow that up by building a Staff of the Master. After that I pick up a Manatube to work towards a Totem of Kuldra and either finish it off or get a Void Talisman for added protection against melee. If you see Chronos leap, pop this right away and get out before he bubbles. A Bound Eye against stealth heroes is pretty solid on Hag - her blink makes her a great Eye-carrier. Wards are a cheap alternative unless you are up against an eye-happy Scout.

That being said, I think this is a great guide. The only thing I differ on is skill order and Void Talisman being core.

DoesItMatter
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I have always played hag with a linken's or whatever it is called in this game, basically it makes it so that you can't be initiated on by any targeted stuns or slows. Plus you don't need to really ever go back to base because all the pieces can be bought in the lanes and you dont particularly need boots. Oh, and 20 percent slow with poison is not worth it when you could be blinking farther imo, plus you dont have the mana to support poison blink scream blink scream at that point in the game so its sort of a waste imo.

Blessed_
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
The reason for maxing poison/haunted out is because your haunted effect on your ult depend on your haunted level, whereas leveling your blink will not help you as much, since you should never blink in somewhere you can't get out anymore (unless the rest of your team manages to fullwipe them afterwards), and more than 1 level in blink should never really be needed to escape from ganks.

abadgaem
12-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Why wouldn't you want SOTM on hag? It provides the hp and mana she desperately needs, has an easier buildup than Kuldra's, nearly halves the cooldown of her vanilla ult and potentially increases a single ultimate's damage output by 725 points (5 heroes x 125 extra magic dmg each).

JollyGreen
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
-snip-

Agreed with everything here. For the first level I wait to see who I'm laning against, then get Sonar or Blink. You want to get Sonar as soon as possible and use it once to sneak in some CS if you're in a lane with good last hitting/denying. I've never found early ranks of haunt to be especially great for laning; its really more of a tool for ganking.

Gzumor
12-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I never get Haunt before lvl 10, as Hag doesn't really have the mana to support 4 spells early on + the slow on level 1 is negligible. <3 Hag anyways, don't understand why she's so underrated.

I go:

Flash, scream, flash, scream, bat, scream, flash, flash, haunt, bat, haunt etc.

Blockk
12-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I never get Haunt before lvl 10, as Hag doesn't really have the mana to support 4 spells early on + the slow on level 1 is negligible. <3 Hag anyways, don't understand why she's so underrated.

I go:

Flash, scream, flash, scream, bat, scream, flash, flash, haunt, bat, haunt etc.

Maxing haunt first is now viable, the dmg is really nice in the first 10 min, and you can have 2 haunts on targets when you ult.

BarneyGumbal
12-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Should I still be leveling Flash after Sonic or should I level Haunt first to improve the ult while it's still awesome?