PDA

View Full Version : New to HoN!

JungleTactic
01-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Hello,
I am a new player to HoN and I would like some really good tips on how I can get better. I understand the basics of last hitting, and using my skills quite fast and just the general basics of the game but I need a better understanding of where to be and when to be somewhere. Every time I am playing the game itself I seem to lose sight of my surrounding (basically because I am inexperienced) although this really messes me up in the game and ends up getting me killed most of the time.
If anyone can give me some good tips on how to practice my game a lot better and what I should do that would be great.
I always try to play games with my friend or have him watch me while I am playing so he can tell me what I am doing wrong or right. Can't think of any other ideas to help me besides just keep playing.
Anyways all feedback appreciated! :)

Aiden311
01-14-2012, 04:47 AM
press the "c" button to go to your hero if u loose urself,
"h" holds u in spot so u dont move or hit mobs (good for deny and last hit)
just gerneraly try not to die, and dieing and killing some1 at the same time is 95% not worth it in most cases

Marisa
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Not enough people do this but i would like to suggest that you watch some replays of your play. Go through on like 2x speed take a look at mistakes you made and analyse it. What did you do wrong? what could you have done better? Was there anything that you could have done to avoid that situation?

You can improve on your own by looking at the faults of your play and making mental notes to adapt it into your play. Here's a scenario, You get ganked bottom lane as legion by mid who got a rune. Middle reports as soon as mid went down for rune. Your teams ward spots him take rune and walk into your woods but you don't see this.

One way you could improve your play is to say ok every X seconds i want to glance at my minimap to see if there is any threat coming. Another thing you could learn is how do you react to mid reporting middle is missing and has gone for down rune (but say you don't have vision). well hugging your tower is the obvious choice. the other is maybe a defensive ward (but doesn't cover the chance of invis rune) if he's gone down and you get caught the opponent gains the xp he missed and gains gold.
But if he waits for 1 min early game and doesn't kill you. your team is in a much better position.

You might lose some xp and gold but their middle is in a much worse position compared to your mid. who got free farm and is probably a level higher by now...

Ultimately watch your replays and look at your faults and then eliminate them from your play one by one. You'll become better naturally anyway as you play more and learn the heroes etc. To speed up your learning you should perhaps do as i suggest. Alternatively get a mentor :)

Mumefi
01-14-2012, 09:36 AM
First very important thing:
There is an option called "Stop and Hold" in "controlls"
Use that button so you dont autoattack.
Thats incredible usefull for lasthitting.

Shinzuwa
01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=114076 It will tell you all you need to know on how to improve yourself.

http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/portals.php?show=index&name=heroes-of-newerth-beginners-guide very useful for reading about more specific things.

I recommend that you go to the premium guides section and read about warding and juking as well.

http://honcast.com/ it's fun and you'll get a deeper understanding of when to do what.

Sya
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Google tutorial guides on youtube XD! I got another one encoding right now as we speak =D.

BaneElement
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
join the epoch clan