PDA

View Full Version : Good Legionnaire Build

csAsura
10-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Could some one please post here a good Legionnaire build. That can take alot of damage, but can still dish it out?. I was playing with a guy before he had 3.3k hp and could easily kill our team.!

nakke
10-24-2009, 08:45 AM
you need to farm helm of the black legion / shamans headdress and portal key as fast aas possible. then you can buy whatever tankish items that may help you

csAsura
10-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Ok thanks!. What does those 3 items do? just make me hit really high?

DrZoidberg1
10-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Don't bother trying to do a lot of damage with Legionnaire, leave that to carries and nukers.
Your job is to blink in when the enemies are close to each other (and your team is ready to engage them), taunt, and then not die (last step optional, if you die and your team gets a genocide you still win).
Helm is good if most of the enemy team relies on regular damage (dps), shaman's headdress if they rely on magic damage mostly (nukes).

Portal key lets you blink into groups of enemies and subsequently disable them for 3 seconds, which should be more than enough time for your team to lay down an aoe tun or nuke and take out their casters/agi carries, and you're a dead weight on your team until you can do that.

Fiftynlz
10-24-2009, 10:09 AM
The most common mistake on legionnaire is people not getting portal key, by far his most important item. Other than that he is very simple to gear: Buy items that boosts survivability.

Volshok
10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=11992

Tells you basically everything you will ever need to know. My only recommendation beyond that guide is to go Frostfield Plate prior to Behemoth's as your second big item. Legionnaire's mana problems are completely removed with it.

r00kie
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Early game :
2 shields
1 rune of the blight

Lane on the jungle side until you get 225 gold for loggers hatchet and stack 1 or 2 camps at the same time, then proceed to rape the jungle (ElementUser guide)

1 lifetube
1 marchers
1 beastheart (you now have Helm of the black legion)

You should be able to evaluate the situation from now on, try to stack the ancient whenever you can to farm some good money and assist in ganks while cleaning out the jungle while farming for your next items.

You should be working on your portal key at the moment, when you get it, evaluate the power of the other team, if they have alot of magic nukes go for shaman headress, if they have glass canons (scout, puppet master, etc) get Barbed Armor.

You should be able to initiate really well from now on, blink in, taunt and activate Barbed Armor, with a good follow up on your initiation you should be able to win the fight.

If you get caught by one of those annoying carry, turn on barbed armor and taunt. Puppet Master is criting you for 1k ? He'll kill himself pretty quickly :)

Volshok
10-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Early game :
2 shields
1 rune of the blight

Lane on the jungle side until you get 225 gold for loggers hatchet and stack 1 or 2 camps at the same time, then proceed to rape the jungle (ElementUser guide)

1 lifetube
1 marchers
1 beastheart (you now have Helm of the black legion)

You should be able to evaluate the situation from now on, try to stack the ancient whenever you can to farm some good money and assist in ganks while cleaning out the jungle while farming for your next items.

You should be working on your portal key at the moment, when you get it, evaluate the power of the other team, if they have alot of magic nukes go for shaman headress, if they have glass canons (scout, puppet master, etc) get Barbed Armor.

You should be able to initiate really well from now on, blink in, taunt and activate Barbed Armor, with a good follow up on your initiation you should be able to win the fight.

If you get caught by one of those annoying carry, turn on barbed armor and taunt. Puppet Master is criting you for 1k ? He'll kill himself pretty quickly :)

Barbed Armor is garbage.

r00kie
10-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Barbed Armor is garbage.

Shaman Headress is a better choice most of the time, but if you know how to use it, it can be really usefull, trust me, an enemy carry will drop to barbed armor if used correctly.

Aside from that :
22 damage
5 armor
10 int

It helps a little bit, I would like to see a little HP boost with Barbed Armor that would make its use more logical (giving you more HP to withstand the hits while killing him in return)

MABManZ
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Only viable damage item for Legionnaire is probably Daemonic Breastplate, which really isn't even a damage item.

Actually, if you are farmed a hell of a lot and into super-luxury. Charged Hammer or Mock of Brilliance are the best damage items for tanks.

Volshok
10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Only viable damage item for Legionnaire is probably Daemonic Breastplate, which really isn't even a damage item.

Actually, if you are farmed a hell of a lot and into super-luxury. Charged Hammer or Mock of Brilliance are the best damage items for tanks.

I think that ideal "ricer extreme" items would be;

Poste Haste
Portal Key
Barrier Idol
Mock of Brilliance
Frostfield Plate
Daemonic Breastplate

Then have an ally give you the Charged Hammer buff. However that's almost impossible to get more then 2-3 of those in a standard game. I think I've only gotten that farmed once or twice when I had to go into carry Legionnaire mode because of poor teamplay.

Also Power Supply is core until you have Frostfield Plate.