View Full Version : behavior of mellee characters
10-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I am trying to learn how to control as mellee but I have much diff to last hit creeps when I have other mellee enemies in lane.
When enemiy is a range so it is impossible cuz I always get hurt.
I can see that many players can creep a lot being mellee when I am with a range, it is kinda confused.
what can I do to practice? what items agora good to start with to helps in creep, helps to protected being hit while creeping
10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
- Always keep your hero active. Continually right click around the creep until one is on low, then go for the last hit. Same thing with denies except you hit A and click the creep.
- Buy a quelling blade (if you're melee).
- Don't stand around and get hit if a melee enemy harasses you. If your creeps randomly change targets and acquire the enemy hero, it means he's right clicked you, so move back. Or you can whack him.
- Iron shields help against harass when you're melee. As does passive regeneration (Trinket of Restoration/Lifetube).
- When you're ranged and against melee enemies, always harass when they come close to the creep for a lasthit or deny. If you have a strong ranged harasser (say, Arachna) and you're up against a/some melee heroes that can't really do much to you earlygame (say, Chronos), consider standing near their ranged creep and farming there.
10-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Iron Buckler is the better item to get, cos Iron Buckler = DotA's Stout Shield, Iron Shield = DotA's Poor Man's Shield.
10-22-2009, 01:06 PM
As mentioned, the following items are pretty core on melee heroes with decent autoattack damage:
Iron Shield / Iron Buckler
If you're playing strength, for starting items grab:
6x Runes of Blight (180g)
2x Crushing Claws (300g)
2x Minor Totem (106g)
if no courier:
3x Runes (90g)
1x Crushing Claws (150g)
2x Totem (106g) or 3x Totems for 159g
1x Courier (200g)
While in the lane, buy:
1x Mana Battery (210g)
1x Loggers Hatchet (225g)
Use someone's courier to bring you the Power Supply recipe (203g I believe). You should be able to farm this by 6-7 mins at least.
If you find yourself getting beaten up by enemy melee heroes, observe how they do it. Then copy their strategy and apply the same techniques. One of the best ways to improve is to memorize every time someone out-plays you.
^You can buy both Mana Battery and a Logger's Hatchet in the outpost, so you don't need a courier for those items.
10-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Ty for the answers.
I tried the Axe with pestilence and was able to creep better and made some assists too...
I found my self confused mid/late game as I was so weak because never last hit hero only assists .. but this is another conversation ;)
thank you again ;)
10-23-2009, 05:22 AM
you can also fake it that you denie or last hit a creep, so enemy hits it and think he will get the last hit, but u get it instead :)) mind games
just click creep to attack and when u nearly hit it, stop your animation by moving
he hits, wont kill it.. then u get it
10-23-2009, 10:18 AM
just dont get harrassed. Just try moving back and fourth until you see a
red hp creep then last hit it. Just get the timing and the rhythm of your allied
creeps. you'll soon get it