-use ssr (solo skill rating)
-side lane creeps turned off
-jungle creeps turned on
-runes turned on
-normal starting gold
-banning draft, single draft, ap
-small decrease in tier2,3,4 tower hit points
-all talk on (both voice and chat)
-10 minute concede or starcraft style (leave/disconnect = loss)

1v1 Benefits:
a) hero testing
b) strat testing
c) shows players mid game potential
d) a game mode free from trolls, leavers, noobs, unsolicited advice, skill imbalances etc.
e) better for new/solo queue players
f) your "team" isn't always online, pubs aren't really about teamwork anyways

Hero Testing – Strat Testing
A 1v1 mode would allow for testing new strategies and being free from criticism. Usually, if you pick scout and go middle, your team will go completely ballistic. It's hard ignoring the negative feedback over and over again testing radical strats.

Also, practicing with a new hero is difficult if you’re a high level player. Unless you have an alternate account, you’ll most likely lose some games and ruin your hard earned mmr.

Example: You’re an 1800 player and you’ve never played monkey king AND you don’t have an alternate account. You play a few games and everyone yells at you for being shitty. You say, “To hell with this hero!”

Remedy: Play some rapid fire 1v1 games against similarly skilled players. With a 10 minute concede, you can get good with different heroes fast.

Lastly, HoN has a major learning curve. Like casual mode, 1v1s could ease noobs and new players into the game.

Trolls, Leavers, Noobs
In the past 10 games I’ve played, 3 were 4v5. And the others were filled with spamming chat, negative comments, and immature behavior. It would be nice to play 1v1 as a break from 5v5, worry free/listening to music.

Skill Imbalances/Group Advantages
If you want to join a good team or get a high mmr rating, there are two main ways of doing this:

1) You have connections IRL with skilled players
2) You make connections in game with skilled players.
Then, you play almost exclusively with said connections.

Skill shouldn’t be based on connections and who you know. It should be based on individual skill.
Put 4 pros with 1 noob, the noob will most likely do well.
Put 1 pro with 4 noobs, the pro will most likely do bad.

Example 1: You go 18-3 with 400gpm, yet three people on your team are feeding and you lose. You are penalized for playing well.

Example 2:
PlayerA plays 2000 solo games. He’s very skilled and knows a lot. However, his mmr and stats are bad due to the unstable nature of solo queuing.

PlayerB plays 500 games and is of average skill level. He spends most of his time making connections/friends in the HoN community. He plays exclusively with skilled players. His mmr and stats are outstanding.

PlayerA is all around better than PlayerB, yet PlayerB has better mmr/stats.

In conclusion, a 1v1 mode would allow for a variable free, practice mode, it would show someone’s mid game potential, it could be a nice break from the sometimes chaotic, headache inducing 5v5 games, and new players could more easily learn the game and get known.

**I would also love talking crap to my opponents as I play them via voice chat. This feature would be oh so gratifying. I can't stress this enough!!

Kyubey`
09-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Do want. Duplicate heroes and players thumbs up and down heroes to enter queue.

RocKai
09-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Sounds good, but isn't this game about teamwork? :(

Tumatauenga
09-22-2011, 03:13 AM

Yeah pretty much
1v1 is not really 'hon'
If you add this feature then you get a bunch of people with too high PSR who really aren't very good at playing a proper 5v5 game

Theres just as much chance of your team having a bunch of noobs/leavers as the opponents team so your MMR should eventually balance out to the correct level anyway

The 'testing new build idea' is kind of cool but you probably won't get a realistic test of it in a 1v1 game

potcake
09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Sounds good, but isn't this game about teamwork?

@RocKai - When there's a noob or griefer, the game is about waiting till it's over, not teamwork =)

potcake
09-22-2011, 03:30 AM
If you add this feature then you get a bunch of people with too high PSR who really aren't very good at playing a proper 5v5 game

@tumatauenga - it will use ssr, solo skill rating... like 2 games in 1!

BlakeDarko
09-22-2011, 03:42 AM
Yeah pretty much
1v1 is not really 'hon'

Theres just as much chance of your team having a bunch of noobs/leavers as the opponents team so your MMR should eventually balance out to the correct level anyway

The 'testing new build idea' is kind of cool but you probably won't get a realistic test of it in a 1v1 game

thats the point, ppl are not higher in mmr because of retards. When you play 1vs1 you have a direct accounter in skill test. I must down vote anyways tho, hon is a 5vs5 game.

potcake
09-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Yeah HoN is a team game. There's no point in arguing otherwise.

However, it would be nice to see who is the best mid in the game, no?

potcake
09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Hello s2?

Boxi
09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Me wantz! Just make another section of stats for 1v1 liek casual mode

XxmagiksxX
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
it must have a separate stat system like casual vs normal

under that condition, i would support!

iTzSLammi
09-22-2011, 06:29 PM
YEAHYEAHYEAH let's make the nba all 1v1 too?! omg AWESOME!!! D:

Jynxed
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Skill shouldn’t be based on connections and who you know. It should be based on individual skill.
Put 4 pros with 1 noob, the noob will most likely do good.
Put 1 pro with 4 noobs, the pro will most likely do bad.

Example 1: You go 18-3 with 400gpm, yet three people on your team are feeding and you lose. You are penalized for playing well.

Example 2:
PlayerA plays 2000 solo games. He’s very skilled and knows a lot. However, his mmr and stats are bad due to the unstable nature of solo queuing.

PlayerB plays 500 games and is of average skill level. He spends most of his time making connections/friends in the HoN community. He plays exclusively with skilled players. His mmr and stats are outstanding.

PlayerA is all around better than PlayerB, yet PlayerB has better mmr/stats.

As a solo queue player who has probably played close to 2000 games, I understand this very well. I can't tell you how many games I've played where I go mid, win my lane, gank go 7-0 and the rest of my team proceeds to feed and blames me for them losing.

Guess I didn't gank hard enough! I typically sit around the 1750-1825 MMR area, but can't get higher because it is too volatile. I've seen trolls, people leave after getting bloodlusted, 1850 players who play like 1400 (the PlayerBs, basically. They got to where they are by getting carried and when they solo queue they blow.)

It's difficult to gauge a player on their MMR because of all these reasons, and while I wouldn't really advocate a 1v1 (It is after all a team game) I would advocate a SOLO-QUEUE MMR rating and a TEAM-QUEUE MMR Rating, so all the shitties could stay out of my solo queue range.

potcake
09-23-2011, 04:55 AM
let's make the nba all 1v1 too?! omg AWESOME!!!

@iTzSLammi - Basketball players play 1 on 1 all the time! It's good practice and your team isn't always available.

Ceriss
09-23-2011, 04:57 AM
ever heard about Grims Crossing?

BananaOoyoo
09-23-2011, 04:59 AM
:succ:

insane2k
09-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Instead of mmr, use ssr (solo skill rating). I can only see positives if a 1v1 match making was implemented with a separate rating system. Just change psr to ssr. Nobody cares about psr anyways.

I would agree with this one.
Your first post about using MMR even for 1v1 games makes no sense, since MMR is based around your teamplay capability (even with trolls, griefers, whatever). But inflating your MMR by 1v1 games doesn't seem legit to me. If you're a decent "mid player" aka solo player you would higher your MMR just by bashing 1v1 games, but that doesn't mean you would win a game against a team, that works well together even if you bash their mid hero. So, if this should be implemented it will need a different rating.

There's enough people out there who think winning mid and going 7-0 by owning squishy hag with a pk pebbels while their side lane carries get raped by a Voodoo Jester + Nuke Combination is enough work from their side. If those people might be able to push their rating by soloing, there will be fun in higher brackets (and I don't consider myself being in a higher bracket, I'm talking about 'high' levels, whatever that means to any of you). I know my example is retarded, but I think you get where I'm coming from ;)

Overall a nice idea anyway, maybe S2 should have a look into this.

Have a nice day

theNeptunes
09-23-2011, 05:55 AM
NO :tund:

Serasboy
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
NOOOOONOOOONOOOOO

5v5 game only

potcake
09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
A post about trolls gets trolled... cool bro

potcake
09-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Plz s2, plzzz!!!

Cannibal
09-24-2011, 11:48 PM
plz make 1v1 same mmr as 5v5 so more ez 1900 n 2000 plz thx

Safhir
09-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Agree

Bill_Braskey
09-25-2011, 12:47 AM
If s2 had any amount of intelligence, this would have already been implemented into the game in order to draw more players and make more money

I wish I could hate you dead for your lack of intelligence.

potcake
09-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Yay more trolls! I think these forums are more trollolol than the actual game

Shwop
09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
I 1v1 my friend all the time. It's basically whoever gets first kill wins.

Gridlocked
09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Yay more trolls! I think these forums are more trollolol than the actual game

You only think that? It's a well known fact

Also this kind of game is made for team play not 1v1 play. If you really want to 1v1 someone because you hate the community/can't trust your team/had a fight in game/think winning 1v1 makes you skilly just play a pub game and lock out slots.

Swan
09-26-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWrLR4REM5k best 1v1 i have ever seen

Ezzik
09-27-2011, 01:50 AM

yup...

AND some heroes are for supporting and basically nothing else. games would be pretty stupid if u got Panda VS Empath...

LoL_izz_k00l
09-27-2011, 01:56 AM
this game isn't balanced around 1v1, hence why 1v1 mode doesn't work, nor is it an indication of skill level. it might help improve your CS skills and maybe your juking skills but thats it. the player who wins mid lane is the one who carries early and midgame for his team, not the tard who rices while his team mates lose their lanes, resulting in a pre 30min concede.

CaveOfWondrs
09-27-2011, 02:07 AM
suggesting 1v1 for this type of game makes as much sense as 1v1 in soccer, or baseball or football... they're all team games and should be played as such.

To avoid the problem that you're describing, the match making should be split into leagues, kinda like how Starcraft 2 works.

Astley
09-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Yeah HoN is a team game. There's no point in arguing otherwise.

However, it would be nice to see who is the best mid in the game, no? Maybe instead of mmr it would feed into ssr.. solo skill rating. Having a high ssr and mmr would mean more than just a high mmr.

The best mids gank side lanes successfully. ;)

iTzSLammi
09-27-2011, 03:48 PM
suggesting 1v1 for this type of game makes as much sense as 1v1 in soccer, or baseball or football... they're all team games and should be played as such.

To avoid the problem that you're describing, the match making should be split into leagues, kinda like how Starcraft 2 works.

THIS!

daggius
09-27-2011, 03:51 PM
add this

15 minute queues suck

also add deathmatch

get on it s2

pls

Drognok
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
It's not hard to make friends in this game. Be vocal, communicate. You will probably meet at least 1 person in most games that you consider to be competent. So play 20 solo games and build up your friends list. No more noobs and trolling.

Or get your IRL friends to play with you. Practice together. Be patient.

What is hard about this?

Krilox
09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
If s2 had any amount of intelligence, this would have already been implemented into the game in order to draw more players and make more money

You claim everyone else is trolling, yet you're so full of constructive feedback.

What proof do you have that this would actually generate any money other than your gut feeling?

What if *gasp* you're wrong?

Yeah it'd be a cool addition, even though i probably wouldnt play it, but why are you demanding instead of suggesting?

potcake
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
bumpty dumpty

eMILIO2
10-03-2011, 07:38 AM
I like this. Players who refuse to play anything but middle can stick to this. BUT duplicated heroes needs to atleast be an option.

potcake
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
eMILIO2, i think there should be a no-stats match making for 5v5, 3v3, and 1v1. This can include duplicate heroes.

potcake
10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
humpty bumpty

y0BiLLaRaZz
10-06-2011, 02:09 PM
For those who say<<No 1vs1,hon is a team game bla bla bla>> Your right for sure
But i cant understand why you think its bad to be implemented..JUST FOR THE LULZ

potcake
10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
But i cant understand why you think its bad to be implemented

They're called trolls NighTFaLLeR, trolls. AKA internet bullies. Kids who would get a beat down IRL, so they resort to a safer, more illusory form of exerting their masculine dominance: brainpower! Can also be unintelligent people who know they aren't smart, so they purposefully wreck arguments and smart conversations whilst thinking, "Hehe take this nerd!"

Also:
People who lack the cognitive ability to form proper arguments (usually teenagers)
People who annoy/get under people's skin (often seen IRL too)
People who try to act "high value" by using the most minimal amount of effort replying
People who change the subject or purposefully use bad arguments
Etc. etc.... anything that affects others.

Their are no negative repercussions on the internet.

Stupid or incompetent people are often mislabeled as trolls. People think they're smart actors "playing the fool." Not everybody is a troll you see. In fact, most people are just plain stupid.

So, if someone were to troll this very message they could reply with the following:
a) saying something completely irrelevant
b) reversing the frame and accusing me of trolling
c) defaming me with any number of insults or info about who i am (ie you're stupid.)
d) posting a random picture
e) anything that isn't about the topic at hand

Just kids causing havoc and being a drain on society for their own amusement.

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

potcake
10-12-2011, 04:27 PM
bumper cars

Rhaeghar
10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
For those who say<<No 1vs1,hon is a team game bla bla bla>> Your right for sure
But i cant understand why you think its bad to be implemented..JUST FOR THE LULZ

Implementing it "JUST FOR THE LULZ" would no longer be MM as in Rated competitive play, thus it would be public, that being said you can always make a 1v1 sized public game.

1v1 as MMR should NEVER be implemented as it would teach nothing about teamworking or much of anything about the game at all, it would just be a " solo mid simulator but with the option to pick bad heroes"

Doracahl
10-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I kinda like this idea to an extent, the current rules almost force you to keep playing if someone on your team is feeding.

ex. Pebbles goes mid and your mid was forced by someone (happens A LOT)
Mid gets first blooded and so on. there is nothing you can do about it and he just keeps dying and now pebbles has a OK way before he should and just starts running rampant. What are your options?

1. Let your K D suffer to avoid griefing yourself
2. Sit in well and wait for 15min CC (grief)
3. Leave the game (grief)

I would say at least 95% of the situations I've been in like above there is someone who wont cc at 15min trolling or whatever. (sometimes I get grouped with someone who has played 6 games ever when I have over 1,000 wtf?)

Thoughts?

Rhaeghar
10-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I kinda like this idea to an extent, the current rules almost force you to keep playing if someone on your team is feeding.

ex. Pebbles goes mid and your mid was forced by someone (happens A LOT)
Mid gets first blooded and so on. there is nothing you can do about it and he just keeps dying and now pebbles has a OK way before he should and just starts running rampant. What are your options?

1. Let your K D suffer to avoid griefing yourself
2. Sit in well and wait for 15min CC (grief)
3. Leave the game (grief)

I would say at least 95% of the situations I've been in like above there is someone who wont cc at 15min trolling or whatever. (sometimes I get grouped with someone who has played 6 games ever when I have over 1,000 wtf?)

Thoughts?

Leaving the game is NOT GRIEFING, as you get punished by the leaver stat.

Also, you might try to better coordinate your team this time, or next time and still try to save a game, granted you can't always win but trying won't hurt.

Also what is the obsession with K : D? Do you think they care about K :D in a tournament? Just play the game for fun, and to win and adapt and you'll have no probs.

Doracahl
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Leaving the game is NOT GRIEFING, as you get punished by the leaver stat.

Also, you might try to better coordinate your team this time, or next time and still try to save a game, granted you can't always win but trying won't hurt.

Also what is the obsession with K:D? Do you think they care about K:D in a tournament? Just play the game for fun, and to win and adapt and you'll have no probs.
ok not griefing but you get punished, you get the idea though. Also I would say 90% of the Hon community does NOT play in a tournament. I have had numerous games where the first thing people do is rage on people with low k d as well as if you are solo queing and people on your team are a small group they will rage/force bad lanes/picks purely based upon your stats. Hate to say it, but as far as coordinating goes I would say almost every time this happens to me it's someone who doesn't speak english so coordination goes out the window since they just spam "fuk amerikan kik". Not an exaggeration either .
and what does someone randomly feeding mid have to do with coordination in the first place

Locoweed
10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
As much as I hate kids talking about 1v1, SSR actually might be more valuable than PSR or MMR for showing a players actual skill level.

That being said, I'd only take it seriously if it were identical heros fighting each other, Who's better at X character.

Or make some kind of handicap rating, winning more or less SSR vs a hero that counters or is weak against them.

Rhaeghar
10-12-2011, 06:01 PM
ok not griefing but you get punished, you get the idea though. Also I would say 90% of the Hon community does NOT play in a tournament. I have had numerous games where the first thing people do is rage on people with low k d as well as if you are solo queing and people on your team are a small group they will rage/force bad lanes/picks purely based upon your stats. Hate to say it, but as far as coordinating goes I would say almost every time this happens to me it's someone who doesn't speak english so coordination goes out the window since they just spam "fuk amerikan kik". Not an exaggeration either .
and what does someone randomly feeding mid have to do with coordination in the first place

I can understand the language barrier argument, but if someone randomly feeds mid there are a couple of things you and your team can do ( like carrying TPs and porting when the situation goes to hell)

Also I think that the problem lies with how you approach, I've always approached things calmly and explained and thus have convinced my team mates, also K : D means little if you are Glacius.

But, you also are right in some situations, non-English speaking teams can be disheartening but that's why the RAP and ignore features are available.

Back to the topic at hand, I doubt 1v1 MMR would improve HON it would only bring about MORE people who have no idea how to play and will tend to stat-whore and brag while being terrible ( See : Casual mode)

Nanis23
10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
HoN is balanced around 5vs5 games
Grimm's Crossing is already full of broken (in 3vs3) heroes like Succubus,Pollywog and Panda...seriously they show up every game

1Vs1 is even less balanced and I believe about 10 heroes will dominate always

y0BiLLaRaZz
10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
bumper cars

I see.. Thx for the info Potcake

I8I
10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
excellent idea. This would make the overall hon community better players, not only that but give hon an edge over dota2 which it probably already has. The only negetive thing i can think of is everyone will call mid and there will be alot of arguing about it.

I8I
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
HoN is balanced around 5vs5 games
Grimm's Crossing is already full of broken (in 3vs3) heroes like Succubus,Pollywog and Panda...seriously they show up every game

1Vs1 is even less balanced and I believe about 10 heroes will dominate always

this isnt true. I play mid often and i promise ill beat you with any hero. Your statement is true when you get to the 1900s then the actual hero abilities really start mattering. In this case maybe queueing in "duplicate hero" mode is better.

Arcganger
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
banlistssssss should work in mm
that all i need..

fagelholk
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I support this, as long as the mmr is not shared (Like silly 3v3)

````Dvt````
10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
:succ:

And so, your entire 1v1 idea is entirely screwed.

Also.

:chro::pand:

potcake
11-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I like how LoL has it set up. They have a 5v5 Solo ladder and a 5v5 Premade ladder. I soloed to 1875 in HoN, maybe I'll try LoL. I hear it's a lot better solo and it's clearly meant to support solo q players.

potcake
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I remember playing DotA back in the day and seeing 1v1 tournaments. There was a 1v1 Viper only mid I thought was a great idea. y u no have 1v1 tournaments hon??? Winner gets 500 gold coins etc.. not that bullshit silver

Gimli
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Gimli likes your status

ColonelGanja
11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Whoever gets bloodlust wins.

Biszek
11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
well, cool idea but.... lawl we are going to see all day long heroes like pebels, devo, hag, tremble, bh, dw, thundra flint etc. unless they create special mode for 1v1 like all random for mid heroez. but if we are gonna have 1v1 we need as well 2v2 ;p and grims crossing is forgotten. meh

Volko
11-13-2011, 04:29 PM
well, cool idea but.... lawl we are going to see all day long heroes like pebels, devo, hag, tremble, bh, dw, thundra flint etc. unless they create special mode for 1v1 like all random for mid heroez. but if we are gonna have 1v1 we need as well 2v2 ;p and grims crossing is forgotten. meh
Pebbles ? Devo ? DW ? BH ? What ?

Did you EVER 1v1 ?

Bullship
11-13-2011, 05:48 PM
trolling being thought of as the mythical creatures is the most fail thing on the internet. it was actually supposed to be thought of in the context of trolling with a lure like what fishing boats do.

same with the expression toe the line. it means to stand ready at a line such as in the military. but all the time its misused even in large publications and spelled "tow the line" in some messed up context of a tugboat.

anyways

I support 1v1 SSR

HollowMask
11-13-2011, 05:53 PM
1v1

Banning Pick or All Random (Repick Available)
Duplicate Heroes turned on
5 Minute Concede (I've had opponents who have given up in 3 minutes before)
Runespawn ON
Jungle Creeps OFF

And it will be more like;
Polly, Polly, Polly, Polly, Polly.
Polly is the perfect 1v1 hero, dual disables, Physical/Magical DPS, and scales extremely well with additional items.

rss
11-13-2011, 05:58 PM
See, these are the kind of people we need working at S2...

potcake
11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Thx for the input Majyna.

Runes on. Good idea.

And a 5 minute concede sounds nice. Can it be abused? Why is there currently a 15 minute concede? I think it's so people don't spam it at the start and/or for trolls.

Different game modes would be good. There have been a lot of people saying certain heroes are imba for 1v1. I personally disagree. I've seen some good mid nymphs.

I would like to see jungle creeps turned on. Anything that makes it like a normal 5v5 game should be turned on. That way people can more easily switch between 1v1 and 5v5.

Passivex
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Playing with randoms isnt teamwork either

Grandmont
11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Man mode - random, repick, random again.

Proceed to mid and prove who is the true champion of newerth.

potcake
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
HAHA Man Mode. How bout random with 0 starting gold.

potcake
04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Any word on the new 1v1 mode?

ItsSwAgMiRe
04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I would love 1v1 matchmaking. I hate having trolls and griefers. One thing maybe there could be a separate rating for 1v1's.

TheShiny
04-08-2012, 03:25 PM
only scenario this would be cool if is it would only be all random. This way its not as easy to just pick a hero that counters the other

Skyve
04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Let's not bump old threads that belong in the suggestion forums.

Apostate
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Moved to Suggestions!

GoogleCEO
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
good ideal bump up!

Shalaw
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
not something i would play but hey! , whatever floats your boat

pwderek
05-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Sounds good! I like it! Agree!

Rkey
05-18-2012, 09:45 PM
No runes please, otherwise I'm in.

MrBigMac
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
yes yes yes yes,
most important thing atm

ay3xa
05-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Ideas for a Successful 1v1 Match Making:-use ssr (solo skill rating) -side lane creeps turned off-jungle creeps turned on-runes turned on-normal starting gold-banning draft, single draft, ap-small decrease in tier2,3,4 tower hit points-all talk on (both voice and chat) -10 minute concede or starcraft style (leave/disconnect = loss)1v1 Benefits:a) hero testingb) strat testingc) shows players mid game potentiald) a game mode free from trolls, leavers, noobs, unsolicited advice, skill imbalances etc.e) better for new/solo queue playersf) your "team" isn't always online, pubs aren't really about teamwork anywaysHero Testing – Strat TestingA 1v1 mode would allow for testing new strategies and being free from criticism. Usually, if you pick scout and go middle, your team will go completely ballistic. It's hard ignoring the negative feedback over and over again testing radical strats.Also, practicing with a new hero is difficult if you’re a high level player. Unless you have an alternate account, you’ll most likely lose some games and ruin your hard earned mmr.Example: You’re an 1800 player and you’ve never played monkey king AND you don’t have an alternate account. You play a few games and everyone yells at you for being shitty. You say, “To hell with this hero!” Remedy: Play some rapid fire 1v1 games against similarly skilled players. With a 10 minute concede, you can get good with different heroes fast.Lastly, HoN has a major learning curve. Like casual mode, 1v1s could ease noobs and new players into the game.Trolls, Leavers, NoobsIn the past 10 games I’ve played, 3 were 4v5. And the others were filled with spamming chat, negative comments, and immature behavior. It would be nice to play 1v1 as a break from 5v5, worry free/listening to music. Skill Imbalances/Group AdvantagesIf you want to join a good team or get a high mmr rating, there are two main ways of doing this:1) You have connections IRL with skilled players2) You make connections in game with skilled players. Then, you play almost exclusively with said connections.Skill shouldn’t be based on connections and who you know. It should be based on individual skill. Put 4 pros with 1 noob, the noob will most likely do well.Put 1 pro with 4 noobs, the pro will most likely do bad.Example 1: You go 18-3 with 400gpm, yet three people on your team are feeding and you lose. You are penalized for playing well.Example 2: PlayerA plays 2000 solo games. He’s very skilled and knows a lot. However, his mmr and stats are bad due to the unstable nature of solo queuing. PlayerB plays 500 games and is of average skill level. He spends most of his time making connections/friends in the HoN community. He plays exclusively with skilled players. His mmr and stats are outstanding.PlayerA is all around better than PlayerB, yet PlayerB has better mmr/stats.In conclusion, a 1v1 mode would allow for a variable free, practice mode, it would show someone’s mid game potential, it could be a nice break from the sometimes chaotic, headache inducing 5v5 games, and new players could more easily learn the game and get known.**I would also love talking crap to my opponents as I play them via voice chat. This feature would be oh so gratifying. I can't stress this enough!!i totally agree , 1v1 it is good , and know why ? ... play 10 games of 1750-1850 mm! 1 year ago , omg , hon was too good .. now all pros left for .. everyone knows what .. even my friends (hon addicts) , almost everyone ... and i got stuck with retards , maybe i am a retard too but when i look around me , i get better and better.