PDA

View Full Version : Galuv the Warlord

Gedok
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Galuv the Warlord

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1840/thecavalrycolorsbyerase.jpg

CHANGE LOG:
- Replaced Elbow Smash with Fire breath.
- Added Unrestrained Hunt to replace the Ultimate.

Background: From the deserts of Kane emerges a Draconian warrior known as Galuv. Part man, part dragon, this half-breed warrior carries a large dull blade rumored to be once wielded by the Hellbourne. Despite his great strength and weapon, the Legion doesn’t fully trust Galuv since he doesn’t wish to share his past with their leaders. However, they don’t intend to stop him either, as he shares the same goals as them

Stats:
Strength, Melee

Range: Melee
Move Speed: 300

Str: 23 + 2.4
Agi: 21 + 2.0
Int: 15 + 1.5

Damage: 59 – 65
HP: 587
Mana: 195

HP Regen: 0.90
Mana Regen: 0.61
Attack Speed: 0.66
Armor: 2
Magic Armor: 5.5

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3277/dismember.jpg
Wave Slash – Using his oversized sword and primal strength, Galuv swings his blade to make the very air cut through the enemy.

Action: Target Area
Type: Enemy Units
Damage type: Magical
Casting Range: 500
Mana Cost: 90
Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8

Deals 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 magical damage to enemies within the area. The length of the wave is 150 and the distance is 850.

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/393/frenzy.jpg

Inspiration – Galuv’s presence inspires his allies to improve themselves for the fight. Whether it is out respect or fear, those near him get an increased attack speed.

Action: None
Type: Self position
Range: 1000
Mana Cost: None
Cooldown: None

Increases the attack speed of allied heroes by 18% / 26% / 32% / 40% within a 1000 radius.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8316/skullcrack.jpg

Fire Breath – Galuv doesn’t fight fair, he fights to win and will use any means necessary. This would include burning the flesh of his opponents with his breath.

Action: Target Area
Type: Self Position
Damage type: Magical
Range: 400
Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 20

Creates a fiery cone in front of Galuv, dealing 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 DPS slowing their movement by 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% for 10 seconds. The range of the breath is 450, and the radius starts at 100 and ends at 200.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2622/whirlwindattack.jpg

Unrestrained Hunt – Galuv begins to pursue a fleeing foe with intense speed. As his target loses more health, Galuv's bloodlust takes over and allows him to run faster.

Action: Enemy Target
Type: Enemy Hero
Damage type: None
Casting Range: 1000
Mana Cost: 175 / 275 / 375
Duration: 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 70 /60 / 50

Casts a debuff on the target. For each percent lost from the opponent's total health, Galuv gains 0.3 / 0.5 / 0.8 movement speed. These changes are in real time, so if the target becomes more damaged, Galuv's movement speed is increased and the reverse happens when the target is healed. If the target dies, Galuv's movement speed is back to normal.

VOICE

Being clicked on
Yes my friend?
What is your will?
Standing ready.
Don’t touch me with that cursor, I don’t know where it’s been!

A move order

With haste.
The battle awaits.
Naturally.
On my way.

An attack order

I’ll show them that size does matter!
None shall stop me!
Newerth shall be cleansed!
With no regrets!

Taunt
I suggest you run.

Killing taunt
Do us both a favor: Rage quit.

Rentaromon
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
1st: i like the idea of a wave like power, ive wanted some kind of hero to have one for a wile. thow it could be more interesting than just damage.

2nd: 40% all the time is to much, plus it dosent seem to fit his theme or synergise with 1st.

3rd: rather simple and boring. plus it dosent synergise at all.

ulti: 1k and 5 sec stun, seems a LOT like pandas ulti. dont like it.

overall i kind of like the theme and kind of like the 1st power.

Gedok
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
He is supposed to be a bit of a ganker, similar to the Beastmaster in DOTA, so I wanted him to have buffs to his allies to make them much stronger. In fact the 2nd skill is Beastmaster's skill.

The wave I was thinking about adding in slow, but that might've been overboard with the high damage coming from a STR hero. I agree with the third skill, but I want something that prevents chasers from taking off (again, ganking).

Didn't even get to touch panda yet but I do notice the similarities, however the high damage is intentional to match those with other gankers/nukers such as Lion and Pyro. Only difference is this is a massive DOT with channeling, not a straight nuke.

ForTheSwarm
10-14-2009, 11:02 PM
The ult is like an overpowed Devourer ult.

Gedok
10-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Decided to change the ultimate and the third skill. Not sure about the numbers on the Ultimate, or whether or not it is viable. I literally thought of the idea just now.

Kylskap
10-15-2009, 07:46 PM
looks like a nerfed version of Blood hunters second skill(iirc). 10seconds for 275 mana?
worthless.
lower mana cost drastically (50 or so), make the movement increase a percentage instead of a flat MS, 0.3 0.5 0.7 % increase for each %of lost hp and make it affect all allied heroes in 1000yards range, and lastly slightly lower the cooldown to 30seconds or so and voilá you have a slightly revamped "Track" from Dota. It will be sligthly worse at first but better and better the lower hp the target is on.

But to be honest generally his skills have no synergy with eachother and most seem plain boring. cone attack that is really numb and seems a little bit over the top, 300damage for 90mana with a 8sec cd? might have misunderstood but that looks to me like a buffed version of defilers primary nuke.
second skill is just a 40% attack speed aura, once again a quite numb but useful aura, but why the hell should he have it? no synergy whatsoever.
third skill looks like a low cast blacksmith hammer, same effects and in an aoe. If i were looking for carbon copy skills I'd go back to early versions of dota :( and once again no synergy with neither his other nuke, aura or ulti.

sorry but a big T-down from me :/