PDA

View Full Version : No more $2?

DonaldTrump`
08-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Censorship eaaasy.

$2 $2 $2 $2 $2 $2

Trilok
08-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Just do it like this (b)$(/b)2. With [] instead of (), of course.

Works just fine :)

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
S2 is butthurt about online epitaph's.

KleinAberOho
08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Companies try to make money, more at 12.

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Companies try to make money, more at 12.

There's nothing wrong with trying to make money, there's plenty wrong with how they went about doing it.

Trilok
08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with trying to make money, there's plenty wrong with how they went about doing it.

Exactly this.

KleinAberOho
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM

Yes I'm sure you had enough insight to judge what is wrong with S2 business policies.
There is also nothing wrong with complaining about S2, there's plenty wrong with how some people on this forum went about doing it.

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Hell, if they just straight up said the cost of servers were becoming untenable and they needed a surge of income to maintain the albeit crappy servers, I wouldn't have minded tossing them an extra 10 bones; more than I've ever actually spent in the store, which is exactly $0.

KleinAberOho
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Hell, if they just straight up said the cost of servers were becoming untenable and they needed a surge of income to maintain the albeit crappy servers, I wouldn't have minded tossing them an extra 10 bones; more than I've ever actually spent in the store, which is exactly $0.

Wow, are you serious? You'd rather have S2 ask their customers for donations instead of them giving you something in return for your money?

DonaldTrump`
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
$2 $2 $2 $2

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes I'm sure you had enough insight to judge what is wrong with S2 business policies.
There is also nothing wrong with complaining about S2, there's plenty wrong with how some people on this forum went about doing it.

The subsequent reaction of even the most ardent HoN fan should be plenty of empirical evidence on whether S2's business decision was the right way to forge a new model. Now, that's not to say everyone who was unhappy with EA and basically the screwing over of legacy players was enough to justify some to quit the game like myself, but it definitely left a bitter taste in the mouths of many; despite S2's claims of vocal minorities.

blankpage
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
VVVVVV

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow, are you serious? You'd rather have S2 ask their customers for donations instead of them giving you something in return for your money?

They ...gave me something in return for my money? You mean, unstable servers, dodgy MM and having to wait for heroes unless I paid a price premium, even though they made the declaration that I wouldn't be barred access to Heroes, ever? I didn't make that declaration, they did and they have to own up to it. We have dissenting views on what "giving you something in return for your money" entails.

XcrableZ
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
$2 works?

$2?

KleinAberOho
08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
The subsequent reaction of even the most ardent HoN fan should be plenty of empirical evidence on whether S2's business decision was the right way to forge a new model. Now, that's not to say everyone who was unhappy with EA and basically the screwing over of legacy players was enough to justify some to quit the game like myself, but it definitely left a bitter taste in the mouths of many; despite S2's claims of vocal minorities.

Yeah it left a bitter taste in my mouth as well but that doesn't change the fact that the game is still enjoybale.
And I don't consider myself screwed over. Would I rather have access to all heroes available as soon as everyone else? Yes. Is this such a huge issue that should make you quit the game? No.

And 'vocal minority' is not a claim. You have maybe 1000 people browsing and posting regularly in these forums, and that's me being generous.

They ...gave me something in return for my money? You mean, unstable servers, dodgy MM and having to wait for heroes unless I paid a price premium, even though they made the declaration that I wouldn't be barred access to Heroes, ever? I didn't make that declaration, they did and they have to own up to it. We have dissenting views on what "giving you something in return for your money" entails.

And you apparently have a distorted view on what you're actually entitled to with the 30 bucks initial purpose.. And I was referring to the shop but you know that.

Ganondorf
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
inb4 800 people post "testing" to see if it's really true.

Talesavo
08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Out of the 9 of my friends that play HoN, I'm the only one who does absolutely any forum posting:

Mordain/iaregood/gleaming/tiipsy/forever7/sanus/bleidd/ruffle/ingodwe/swanker

All of these people are quitting HoN for DotA2, all of which express EA as one of the main motivator's as to their quitting, yet they don't post on the forums. Does that mean their opinion doesn't matter because they're not active within the forum community? It's ignorant to suggest that and although EA and S2's handling of their F2P transition is no big deal to you, that's not the case for everyone. Of course, the opposite can be said about those that don't give a **** either, so the end result is some will quit, some wont; but it definitely wasn't a positive transition.