PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me that this is fake

Cuddles
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&feature=youtu.be

Loli
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Depends on you definition of fake.

I'm certain many of these answers are actual ones.
But much of it has been edited. Of course they're not going to show correct answers and they're going to add clips of people just being stupid for laughs.

Cuddles
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
By fake i mean the people being paid / told to answer wrong.

`Fluttershy
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
you ask hundreds of people a bunch of questions, i'm sure you'll end up with plenty of stupid answers.

and i'm sure there's a question that many people find simple that you'd give a stupid answer to.

Loli
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Most likely that's the case with a lot of answers, but I don't doubt some of those answers would be real answers.

Many people in the US don't really care about anyone else in the world. Especially in the south.

Norroar
07-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes, some people are legitimately this stupid. As Loli said, though, it is just chained to look "worse than it is". Nobody should be that stupid, nevertheless.

MichaelBurge
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Duplicate thread. Please use the search before wasting our time. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforums.heroesofnewerth.com+http%3A%2F%2F www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfJuNgBkloFE)

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Duplicate thread. Please use the search before wasting our time. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforums.heroesofnewerth.com+http%3A%2F%2F www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfJuNgBkloFE)

Better than bumping a YEAR OLD thread (as the first one is in the GD archive), which would be not only dumb (as noone would likely give a damn), but most likely still against the rules too. (My apologies if it isn't, but that would be ridiculously dumb.)

And hey, as you can see, it's only useless to you. Nobody else in this thread specified that this was a waste of time. Are you trying to pull a Happyfish on us?

Sorry, but this time... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ)

MichaelBurge
07-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Better than bumping a YEAR OLD thread (as the first one is in the GD archive), which I am pretty sure is still against the rules. (My apologies if it isn't, but that would be ridiculously dumb.)

Sorry, but this time... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ)

If he bumps the year-old thread without saying anything substantial that hasn't been said before, then we yell at him for that. :devo:

There's also the Youtube thread, I guess. But the important takeaway isn't where he should post; it's that we've already discussed the thread so he doesn't need to say anything. He can read our archives. :pest:

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM
There's also the Youtube thread, I guess. But the important takeaway isn't where he should post; it's that we've already discussed the thread so he doesn't need to say anything. He can read our archives. :pest:

Fair point. :alun:

Goods
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTZ_tgMUdo

There are numerous videos like this, and to claim that such things could happen anywhere and is just a result of editing is absurd. There is even a video of Rick Mercer talking to students of Ivy League colleges that give just as stupid answers although I can not recall what it is called/find it.

America has a terribly low rated education system when compared to other first world countries and it is a well known fact. Don't believe it? Here's one article I often refer to (which almost every American I show it to dismisses).

http://reason.com/archives/1999/07/01/why-johnny-cant-fail

TLDR: Certain schools in certain states that this teacher worked for (who wrote the article) was punished by the principals for giving star athletes poor grades. The teacher would eventually have to give athletes extra marks for remembering to bring their pencils to class/notebooks just to allow them to pass the class. In one class it got so bad that instead of giving a spelling test out of 100, he was forced to make it out of 10 to artificially inflate grades and in one instance even left the 10 words written on the blackboard and students still failed to pass let alone get perfect.

This post of mine will obviously make it seem as if I attacking Americans, which I am, but just before everyone explodes I can appreciate everything American's have given myself and the world, and recognize all the horrible things they've done (like many other countries). However, just because you love a dog for being friendly and compassionate, doesn't make it any less dumb or nonsubject to criticism --especially if its plainly true. Just the same, not all dogs are dumb, and you can't group everyone/everything into the same groups, it merely makes things easier.

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 05:57 PM
I will begin reporting any thread that links to youtube vids in the first post.

OT has a youtube thread.

Close thread please.

`Fluttershy
07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
who cares if people are dumb. and it's not a school's job to teach kids about current world affairs and politics. unless something happening thousands of miles away directly impacts someone's life it's perfectly reasonably for them to not give a ****. sure being well informed on current events is a respectable quality, but not something that should be expected from everyone. i'm sure many of these people are more concerned with more local issues that directly affect them, like their job or how they're going to afford more drugs, stuff that actually matters you know.

and a lot of this information is trivial. what's more important is that someone has the skill to know how to look up certain information. someone might not be familiar with the term axis of evil but that doesn't make them stupid and it takes a 3s google search to look it up, big deal.

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Imo it makes these people stupid.

I consider it common American knowledge. since it's beat into our heads for years.

`Fluttershy
07-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Imo it makes these people stupid.

I consider it common American knowledge. since it's beat into our heads for years.
i agree on some of the questions, but not all. and even as dumb as these people probably are, it doesn't really matter.

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I will begin reporting any thread that links to youtube vids in the first post.

OT has a youtube thread.

Close thread please.

A youtube thread that is dead and where there is not one bit of discussion? Yeah, okay.

This, while being a duplicate thread, is a matter that should be discussed.

I might as well report YOUR post for trying to act in a moderator's stead. Sorry, coolbrony.

hanzlo
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok i know Americans are idiots, but this?!?!?

WHAT THE FCK!!!

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
A youtube thread that is dead and where there is not one bit of discussion? Yeah, okay.

I might as well report YOUR post for trying to act in a moderator's stead. Sorry, coolbrony.

Actually I made no moderator decision or call. I didn't say go post or wrong thread. I simply stated that there is already a thread.

Please, do report my post.

Edit: In fact, please report a request to close a thread. I'd love to get the message from Ninja_Style. Obligatory Come. At. Me. Bro

Blueflash
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Herp.

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
i agree on some of the questions, but not all. and even as dumb as these people probably are, it doesn't really matter.

I should mention I quit the video at 3 minutes because it /stopped/ loading (sand connection). I don't expect people to know everything about everything, but somethings seem unavoidable to know.

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Actually I made no moderator decision or call. I didn't say go post or wrong thread. I simply stated that there is already a thread.

Please, do report my post.

Edit: In fact, please report a request to close a thread. I'd love to get the message from Ninja_Style. Obligatory Come. At. Me. Bro

Your call. Pretty disappointing, though.

MichaelBurge
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM

The Youtube thread is only dead because people don't seem to want to view Youtube videos. If the community collectively doesn't want to see your video, why try to force it on them? :poll:

The one advantage of creating a new thread is that you get to see the title before you click on it, so it's more organized. The thread, on the other hand, is a disorganized clump of posts. The solution is to post like this:

Michael Burge Presents: "Setting up One-time Quests for Your Minecraft Server using Michael Burge's PuzzleQuest Plugin" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pc_vP6j6GI)

You could also bug moderators to allow RSS feeds for every topic, and then just watch the Youtube thread to see if anything interesting pops up.

[...] and where there is not one bit of discussion?

This thread wasn't framed in the context for a proper discussion. If he linked to the video and argued, "The school system has failed the US. Teachers are afraid to flunk their students for fear of being labeled bad students. The system is clearly not working, and as a joke watch this Youtube video. (http://reason.com/archives/1999/07/01/why-johnny-cant-fail)" then this would be a substantial new point and worthy of creating a new thread or bumping the old one. :mali:

As it stands there's more to talk about with forum thread policy then the actual topic, because we already discussed it. :blac:

Neefykins
07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Seems fake to me

http://piclair.com/data/mhfff.jpg

`Fluttershy
07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
The Youtube thread is only dead because people don't seem to want to view Youtube videos. If the community collectively doesn't want to see your video, why try to force it on them? :poll:

The one advantage of creating a new thread is that you get to see the title before you click on it, so it's more organized. The thread, on the other hand, is a disorganized clump of posts. The solution is to post like this:

Michael Burge Presents: "Setting up One-time Quests for Your Minecraft Server using Michael Burge's PuzzleQuest Plugin" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pc_vP6j6GI)

You could also bug moderators to allow RSS feeds for every topic, and then just watch the Youtube thread to see if anything interesting pops up.

This thread wasn't framed in the context for a proper discussion. If he linked to the video and argued, "The school system has failed the US. Teachers are afraid to flunk their students for fear of being labeled bad students. The system is clearly not working, and as a joke watch this Youtube video. (http://reason.com/archives/1999/07/01/why-johnny-cant-fail)" then this would be a substantial new point and worthy of creating a new thread or bumping the old one. :mali:

As it stands there's more to talk about with forum thread policy then the actual topic, because we already discussed it. :blac:
omg never heard burge's voice before.

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 07:03 PM
omg never heard burge's voice before.

Me neither. In fact, it's the reason why I couldn't even respond to his post. :trem:

Norroar
07-28-2011, 07:50 PM
mind=blown ...

I think it's not really MichaelBurge. I think he had his friend do the voice, and just claims it is him.

edit: but whoever is talking in the vidya sounds cyoot. i want to give him a hug.

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Can't be Burge's Voice.

I assume that my mind cannot comprehend the sound a god makes. Since my head didn't explode, it can't be Burge. :blac:

Coolcollo
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Your call. Pretty disappointing, though.

Yes. It's my call what you do with your account. :poll:

Pretty disappointing though :krak:

Sacrosanct
07-28-2011, 09:07 PM
edit: but whoever is talking in the vidya sounds cyoot. i want to give him a hug.

This thread is now officially about (e-)hugging the Burge.

Yes. It's my call what you do with your account. :poll:

Pretty disappointing though :krak:

It works that way as well. Pretty sure of that. And I'm not even a native speaker. :nigh:

Fetyukov
07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
You could administer a similar test to Harvard law students and collect enough stupid answers for a 5 minute program.

However, Love that mislabelled map, genius touch.

Blueflash
07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Can't be Burge's Voice.

I assume that my mind cannot comprehend the sound a god makes. Since my head didn't explode, it can't be Burge. :blac:

This

Reaper
07-29-2011, 01:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&feature=youtu.be

Haha the best part was the guy who was asked to show Iran on world map, and he's like "south, south, south, where are we?" XD

kirbyruled
07-29-2011, 03:45 AM
If I was asked every question there, I probably would've derp'd on one or maybe two of those questions.

C00LBeans
07-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Lols i didn't even know barely any of those questions.

Also they don't show us the correct answers they only show us the wrong ones. There was probably plenty of people who answered it correctly but they edited them out.

I don't understand why people feel the need to feel such hatred for countries that they'd do anything to make them look stupid.

kirbyruled
07-29-2011, 04:07 AM
^ well to be fair it's an old video. Also I wouldn't call this quite "doing anything to" in an implied negative sense as interviewing people walking around the street and using unfair editing is a relatively convenient way of making a country look just that much more stupid. Besides, I'm sure we all know plenty of derpy people.

Thysios
07-29-2011, 04:08 AM
I think a better word would be biased. It would have been a pretty boring show if they got the answers correct.
Funny video still, love the Chasers :D

`Fluttershy
07-29-2011, 04:50 AM
i like how there's no asians in that video.

Droggeltasse
07-29-2011, 06:55 AM
This is probably one of the weakest montages about this i have seen so far. In most cases you just see the stupid answeres out of a very large sample, but here are so many catch questions just to make people look stupid.

Its no longer funny if you ask someone a question the person should know and the answeres is "I dont know", but you dont let go until they guess at random.
And other questions are just dumb an can be blamed on the situation to answere to a reporter. If a person does not know where KFC comes from it has nothing to do with the education or intelligence of the person, but with the ability to concentrate in front of a camera.

You will always find stupid people in every country in the world it only matters when there are alot of them or you put them in important positions or even elect them. In Europe there is this prejudice that most americans are stupid and believe every crap they see in the media, but this does not come from the idiots living there since Europe has them too. It comes from incompetent officials or laws based on on bogus. Europe is still flabbergasted from the fact that the US reelected Bush or that creatonism can be tougth at schools that we cant even keep up with the new stuff.