PDA

View Full Version : Need Orb Effects in HoN NOW ! pls read Admins

OneManGang
10-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Last night i played a game with Magebane (aka Magina in DotA).
i heard from a freind that Attack Modifire items (Orb Effects in DotA) can stack on HoN, so i tried it in HoN... unfortunatly the out-come was shocking. I felt rly bad for that.... imagine this pls:

In this game i had the following Orb Effects (Attack Mofiers):

1- Whispering Helm (Helm of Dominator in DotA). with Lifesteal Orb Effect.
2- Shieldbreaker (Desolator in DotA). With -5 Armor Orb Effect.
3- Mana Combustion (Mana Burn in DotA). Mana Burn Orb Effect. Magebane's passive.

Can u imagine i was able to Lifesteal + Brun Mana + Reduce Target's Armor in each attack at the same time :( .

i rly would like the S2 HoN team to work in this ASAP. cuz it's not balanced at all.
and in such games balance is a mager issue.

Pls ppl read and reply for this cuz it's sooooooo important for HoN's future.

Thx in Advance.

Szalonna
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I also think it is a bad thing. But they said its the advantage from hon enginet the stacking orb effects.

NightCloak
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
This has already been discussed. Please use the search function.

Drasha
10-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Whispering Helm
Value: 1850
When activated, Dominates the target creep, giving the user control of that unit.
This item contains an exclusive modifier of type Life Steal. Exclusive modifiers do not stack. You will automatically use your most powerful exclusive modifier of this type.
Passive Bonuses
+20 Damage
+5 Armor
15% Lifesteal

Shieldbreaker
Value: 4400
On attack, applies Broken Armor to target.
This item contains an Attack Modifier. Attack modifiers are exclusive and do not stack with other attack modifiers.
Passive Bonuses
+60 Damage
On Attack Impact
Applies Broken Armor to target for 5 seconds.
Broken Armor Effects
-6 Armor
Net cost for both items 6250 Gold
Stat gain
+80 damage
+5 armor
-6 armor on attack
15% life steal on attack

Wingbow
Value: 6000
This item contains Evasion properties. Evasion properties do not stack. Instead, you will automatically use the Evasion from the item or ability that grants you the highest chance to evade.
Passive Bonuses
+30 Agility
+30 Damage
+30 Attack Speed
30% Evasion
Total cost 6000 Gold
damage 60
agility 30 (damage was factored in already so its just armor and attack speed)
attack speed +30
30% evasion

For the same price in gold you get the same level of power in items would you look at that. Now if you can find a combination that is actually game breaking feel free to post it but it has been this way in HoN for a long time and no one has manage to find an op build.

PoopyDesires
10-10-2009, 03:14 PM
You broke shields, burned mana, AND stole life at the same time?!!?!?!?

Wow! How... Wait.. Who cares?

Bobnintendo
10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Last night i played a game with Magebane (aka Magina in DotA).
i heard from a freind that Attack Modifire items (Orb Effects in DotA) can stack on HoN, so i tried it in HoN... unfortunatly the out-come was shocking. I felt rly bad for that.... imagine this pls:

In this game i had the following Orb Effects (Attack Mofiers):

1- Whispering Helm (Helm of Dominator in DotA). with Lifesteal Orb Effect.
2- Shieldbreaker (Desolator in DotA). With -5 Armor Orb Effect.
3- Mana Combustion (Mana Burn in DotA). Mana Burn Orb Effect. Magebane's passive.

Can u imagine i was able to Lifesteal + Brun Mana + Reduce Target's Armor in each attack at the same time :( .

i rly would like the S2 HoN team to work in this ASAP. cuz it's not balanced at all.
and in such games balance is a mager issue.

Pls ppl read and reply for this cuz it's sooooooo important for HoN's future.

Thx in Advance.

You are my hero. You did not only crush your enemis but figured out that this game is totally not balanced!

I'm sure you thought orb effects were intended by icefrog, right? It's an engine limitation.