PDA

View Full Version : Join any game any time to spectate????Idea

Exceptionz
10-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry about reposting this thread, I was unaware of some of the suggestions guidlines.

Any way tell me what you think, and why it is a good/bad idea

I am aiming this comment to anyone a part of S2, Im not here to beg for a beta key because I have one and I love this game..

The reason I am posting this thread is for a idea me and some of my friends have thaught of that would be pretty cool, its not going to be affecting gameplay just the people who wish to watch...
My idea is that when you right click on a friend, that is in a game, there is already the join game option, but as soon as the game starts I believe that goes away.

Im recommending that when that "join game" option dissapears, or if I am incorrect, when the game starts, for that button to change into a Spectate game, or Watch game, or something like that.
The effect of this would be exactly the same as a game with spectators inabled, but instead you can join any game at any time and watch the rest of the game.

However this can also be used between enemies, as if someone has gone to play a game, and some idiot who is trolling him comes in to insult that player, or to yell at them how much of a noob they are, so the host should have a option to kick any spectators who come, with out a vote or any oppinion from the spectator.

Another reason is that this could be used as a cheat, as in someone has a friend to join and give away the other teams positions....
I have spent some time thinking about this, and come to a conclusion where the spectators cannot speak to the game, they can only speak to other spectators in the match.
I understand this isnt the best conclusion to the idea, but it would save the fact of those little cheep people who are so bad that they have to result in doing so.

An advantage of this would also be that when you are "creating a game" that you could take away the Spectators option, and add something else, or just fill the space in with any other ideas.
I would like to have a reply from someone appart of the team, or someone who can decide on this option.
Please reply to my email: turtles369@hotmail.com

And please if there is any problem with this idea, I would still like to see a reply just to know that you guys have seen it, and if possible a reason why not.

Sorry if there is any mistakes in this comment, because I am not the best at my english and grammar.

Thanks in advance
Clayton Back

sailorpallas
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
welll i agree with being to spectate any game but only be able to all talk if the host has enabled it, or else you would just get trolls running around either calling out plays or spamming the message boards with distracting sayings.

so yes to any spectate but only if host can choose wheter they can all talk or not

Exceptionz
10-09-2009, 06:15 PM
yeah, thats a good idea, host can mute/unmute any spectator freely, and if the spectator is not welcome, the host also has that option to kick with no vote on any spectator.

also mabey a limit on spectators would work well, 5-10 mabey? otherwise it could lag

Exceptionz
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
bump, comeon guys anyone with me?

Sagres
10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I agree with this seems like a good idea but, even more simply instead of host muting or w/e make it that spectators can only speak to spectators and its all solved :)

zedpukes
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
It would come in handy with friends on ventrilo speccing

battlemaniac
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
I agree i have clicked the referee tab to watch and learn more about the game.