PDA

View Full Version : AFK Timer and Mechanics

vontrev
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
anyone else think the idle timer is ****ing worthless ****. i go downstairs for a few minutes to take care of something and i get back and im kicked and cant even reconnect. this system needs a rework.

Kwaurtz
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
anyone else think the idle timer is ****ing worthless ****. i go downstairs for a few minutes to take care of something and i get back and im kicked and cant even reconnect. this system needs a rework.

This system is in place so that if you afk/leave a game you have five minutes before you are kicked. What I recommend doing is that you share control with someone you can trust to micro you. However, last I heard they are changing the system up a bit.

Mipe
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I've been kicked two times for AFK. Both times I shared control for the entire team and said "Micro me please."
When I come back to the computer I've gotten kicked, what sucks the most is that I can't even reconnect.

Also two of my friends have said that they've gotten AFK-kicked when they were looking for a specific item (from DotA).

maermanthe
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
really true and one of the only things i really hate about this game

edit: i never had a chance to reconnect after afk autokick, even after relogging/restarting the game

Kwaurtz
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I've been kicked two times for AFK. Both times I shared control for the entire team and said "Micro me please."
When I come back to the computer I've gotten kicked, what sucks the most is that I can't even reconnect.

Also two of my friends have said that they've gotten AFK-kicked when they were looking for a specific item (from DotA).

They were afk kicked becuase within the five minutes of their last attack/gain of exp they have failed to replicate either one of those, and thus, the game registered them as afk. More then likely your team didn't micro you, because I had a hammerstorm go afk for upwards of 20-30 minutes but not be kicked because we kept him farming neutrals.

Ekizel
10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
My biggest gripe is that it no longer seems to give the warning messages, you just get dropped out of the blue.

Kwaurtz
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
My biggest gripe is that it no longer seems to give the warning messages, you just get dropped out of the blue.

That seems to be a logical concern.

Droggeltasse
10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
It may sound hard but if you are afk for 5 mins you deserve to get kicked !!!

If I play a match i want to play with 4 teammates the complete match and if someone wants to go afk for longer than 5 mins he should get the permission of his teammates.

Iam for a sitout vote, that is a team vote like the pause vote and if 4 guys agree you can sitout and the others get control over your unit, your skill,s your money.........and if you want to play again you can sit in.

cw_kittens
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
There is a pause feature. Tell your team you have to go afk and ask them to pause the game so they won't be 4v5.

Personally, I've never been kicked for being afk... I don't start a game unless I have time to finish it. I think you deserve a leave if you leave your team even just 5 minuets can be a long time in HoN.

HellishINC
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
What if nature calls? What if someone calls you?

Are you supposed to ignore life to simply play a game?
Some of us actually have other things to worry about then just playing video games all day long.

Most people will not allow you the luxury of pausing. I'm not argueing the kick. I just wish it gave you the option of rejoining.

Killandburn
10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
It may sound hard but if you are afk for 5 mins you deserve to get kicked !!!

If I play a match i want to play with 4 teammates the complete match and if someone wants to go afk for longer than 5 mins he should get the permission of his teammates.

Iam for a sitout vote, that is a team vote like the pause vote and if 4 guys agree you can sitout and the others get control over your unit, your skill,s your money.........and if you want to play again you can sit in.

It might be better to have only 1 person needed to vote yes on the team with the person who's afk (maybe 2 people) for a kick. This would prevent teams of 2 or 3 from keeping their afk friend from being kicked and making someone else angry who wants a kick.

Not sure how a sitout/sitin system would work (or how buggy it could be) but would be interesting to see implemented.

Of course S2 is probably already working on fixing this, I wonder how they'll set up the system.

ElementUser
10-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Redirect all your questions here: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=26202

An S2 dev said that this system will be tweaked later on. So don't worry.

Closed.