PDA

View Full Version : HoN competitive is too repetitive?

KillaKill
06-20-2011, 10:07 AM
With nearly 80 heroes implemented in HoN currently, don't you think it's kind of boring to watch the same 15-20 heroes being re-used over and over in a say a bo3 or bo5 series... I was following the DHS2011 summer HoN event and all I see is...

:tort::alun::hamm::glac::behe::magm::plag::myrm::a ndr::slit::valk::corr::souls::andr: used over and over again.

I just think it'd be far more entertaining that tournaments with a bo3 series start banning all heroes used in the previous game. for example all the heroes picked in game 1. cannot be used in game 2. etc. this would make it more entertaining for the viewers to watch. what do you think :o

Ggrofl
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
watch the dreamhack finals

edit: Doing your sugestion would ban every good support hero after 1 game

Shagroth`
06-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Roaming Gladiator :)

Angusiasty
06-20-2011, 10:13 AM
:hell::tort::pyro::alun::hamm:
:pupp::silh::doct::blac::mali:
:chip::behe::poll::magm::wret:
:plag::myrm::witc::souls::phar:
:temp::bubb::wild::andr::flin:
:slit::accu::pebb::krak::vind:
:valk::jera::corr::noma::tund:

thats 35 not 15-20

MrNailbrain
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Ah, another "too repetitive" thread.

Other competitive games are also pretty repetitive, look at starcraft or cs. Repetition leads to perfection.

Also, it's not all about the heroes but how they are used and about the team work.

Besides that, i have seen :mali:, :pebb:, :elec:, :temp:, :wild:, etc on dreamhack.

e: For the two final games:
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=44069895
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=44073879
-> 18 different heroes.

LIKE_A_BOSS
06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
all I see is...

:tort::alun::hamm::glac::behe::magm::plag::myrm::a ndr::slit::valk::corr::souls::andr: used over and over again.

Thats funny coz I remember seeing these aswell:

:vind::phar::bubb::elec::arma::mali::doct::pyro::h ell::poll::vood::wret::wild::accu::pebb::krak::wit c::silh::pupp::temp::glad:

Pretty sure I missed quite a few.

KillaKill
06-20-2011, 10:29 AM
watch the dreamhack finals

edit: Doing your sugestion would ban every good support hero after 1 game

u dumb? i just listed like 15 heroes rite there. it would take about 3 games to ban all the support heroes at least. the game would be more diverse if we don't see andro/glacius/behe/magmus/valk/tort/witch/slither NEARLY every single game. when we have 80 heroes in the hon pool, you would at least think we use at least more than 50% of it but nope.

KillaKill
06-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Ah, another "too repetitive" thread.

Other competitive games are also pretty repetitive, look at starcraft or cs. Repetition leads to perfection.

Also, it's not all about the heroes but how they are used and about the team work.

Besides that, i have seen :mali:, :pebb:, :elec:, :temp:, :wild:, etc on dreamhack.

e: For the two final games:
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=44069895
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=44073879
-> 18 different heroes.

yes i know MSI is like one of the only team that plays heroes that we don't usually see too often, and that's why so many people love watching MSI.
sc2 is like the most entertaining e-sport to watch.. repetitive? not so much.

rYCHO
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
nah its fine

kippetje
06-20-2011, 10:39 AM
there are still A LOT of heroes that are viable that are not used and which you will probably see pop up soon

LIKE_A_BOSS
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
yes i know MSI is like one of the only team that plays heroes that we don't usually see too often, and that's why so many people love watching MSI.
sc2 is like the most entertaining e-sport to watch.. repetitive? not so much.
Don't you think SC2 is boring because you see the same buildings and units every game?

endra
06-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Don't you think SC2 is boring because you see the same buildings and units every game?

he dont want to be corrected, period

tkothethrill
06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
:arma::plag::myrm::fayd::witc::madm::phar::souls:: elec::bubb::wild::soulr::andr::andr::pest::flin::l egi::deme::slit::accu::pebb::bomb::keep::vind::cor r::valk::jera::noma::tund::hell::tort::hamm::glad: :alun::pyro::chro::thun::bloo::pupp::silh::doct::g lac::temp::blac::behe::chip::mali::poll:

Guess`Who
06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
With nearly 80 heroes implemented in HoN currently, don't you think it's kind of boring to watch the same 15-20 heroes being re-used over and over in a say a bo3 or bo5 series... I was following the DHS2011 summer HoN event and all I see is...

I just think it'd be far more entertaining that tournaments with a bo3 series start banning all heroes used in the previous game. for example all the heroes picked in game 1. cannot be used in game 2. etc. this would make it more entertaining for the viewers to watch. what do you think :o

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/images/account_icons/flags/brazil.png

Hsssh
06-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Why no Kraken TKOlol?

Ggrofl
06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
u dumb? i just listed like 15 heroes rite there. it would take about 3 games to ban all the support heroes at least. the game would be more diverse if we don't see andro/glacius/behe/magmus/valk/tort/witch/slither NEARLY every single game. when we have 80 heroes in the hon pool, you would at least think we use at least more than 50% of it but nope.

We have 6 bans each team, Myrm,andro,behe,mag,hammer are regular bans
Lets say myrm and mag are banned the teams pick andro behe and glacius hammer as supports
Next game all those supports are banned

What good supports are left then? Accu vj witch pr, k next banning phase getting even more of those heroes banned ಠ_ಠ
Watch out who you call dumb you dip-**** dumpster

Also some heroes are not getting picked because other heroes are just beter get over it.

Berethorn
06-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Why no Kraken TKOlol?

cause double :andr: )

tkothethrill
06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Why no Kraken TKOlol?

didnt feel like expanding the list, it goes on ^_^

Freak___
06-20-2011, 12:22 PM
is there even a heroes left whos never picked?? even saw scout and nh picked a while ago in single games..... i dont think theres realy any heroes which wont be picked at all..... we even saw some bh action at DH

Haunting
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
At least 50 of the heroes have been seen in competitive matches recently.

Asway
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Play to win.

Hataruby
06-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Well OP's right, nearly every game have the same heroes in. But we should consider that many heroes aren't properly balanced for curent meta (all melee carries/semis), some heroes have flowed design. Tbh if we don't see :pred: with his lifesteal, gap closer, build in magic immunity and solid early jungling, how we can expect to see heroes like :chro::nigh::bloo::trem::swif::damp::mage::warb::s cou::sand::dark:

Melees need something to help them survive harass and get better farm, or some new viable alternatives to tri vs tri metagame.

Hsssh
06-21-2011, 03:11 AM
All melee carries have problems yet Maliken is doing fine when he gets picked.

Mellow
06-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Oh boy it's time for the same ****ing thread this week again
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=283767
Can we please stop having these threads literally every week

Hataruby
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM
All melee carries have problems yet Maliken is doing fine when he gets picked.

Becouse he's actually ranged for a good part of team fights?

Nasty``
06-21-2011, 08:51 AM
terrorists always buy ak or AWP :(

Styne
06-21-2011, 09:32 AM
There's always repetition in sports. Professional tennis players always use their favorite racket. Why? They're good with it and they're used to it. In football/soccer, there's a few different setups (3 defenders, 5 mid etc. I don't know exactly but you get my point), that every team uses every game. Yet it's one of the most, if not the most, popular sport.

It's not about what you play with (hero/racket/setup), it's about how you play with it.

The_Karcher
06-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I see different starcraft games all the time. its not very repetitive.

dsqc
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I see different starcraft games all the time. its not very repetitive.

I see only 3 races every game. ****ing repetative.

Pihlaja
06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
I see only 3 races every game. ****ing repetative.

Thats 100% of the races available. Do we see 100% of the HoN heros played all the time? sorry, had to say it.