PDA

View Full Version : The Fragment inhouse league.

Cranium
06-13-2011, 01:38 AM
To lessen the speculation as to how the league ended, I will explain my viewpoint on the issues.

With the DDoS attacks on HoN the league lost 90% of its activity. We scheduled a meeting with the various admins to work through the issues we faced and how to move forward, few showed up.

The reason for me pulling out of thefragment has several reasons. The main reason is lack of motivation to keep this up for almost no reason.
My no reason outcome means there is almost no actitivty. Ofcourse S2 can take some of the blame due to downtime but face it, we did a poor job
of giving the community what they want. ive had several talks with competitive players about what we should do to increase the population
and the respect at thefragment and the answer was always the same. Lack of admin-skills. This is also a huge factor in my reason of pulling out.
We had about 20 admins, 3 was in the staff channel, 2 was active (me and cranium) and the rest didn't give a ****. we had swindlemelonzz and
dilatedmind as well, but what the hell. All they were doing was play games and abused their admin-power. I know this was my decition to make
them admin and i can fairly say i regret that, but that's not t he point. When someone is going to host something like this theres alot of factors coming
in we need to cover. First off is downtime. We should not have any downtime at all, every downtime we lose members and this is something we couldn't handle
and that's not all my fault either. Quakenet refused my application to get permission to have more than 5 clones. The other thing that is pissing me off is
lack of proffesionalism. We scheduled meeting often, nobody shows up, the communitucation between admins was way too bad and nobody showed me some
respect about my work and my contributions for thefragment. I put alot of effort and time in to this and it has to come to an end, i can't handle it anymore.
if you want me to run a league like this i need something in return. Active admins, alot of commuinication and friendship within the admin-panel. I don't
want people to take this very serious, but i want it to be easy. Example: we get a situation where A complains about B. i go straight to the admin channel,
explain the situation, and someone is there to take the decision with me.
Brynjar :): Not like i have to wat 24hours before someone writes NICK is now away. That's what
mainly happend every time. I can take the blame for some of this, but not all. I want to thank Cranium, SE and Bart13t for the hard job and effort they put down
to this league, also a big thanks to Benjy for alot of help.

I always regarded chicharito as a friend through the entire operation, however he often was in a bad mood and I had to deal with his rage. Many decisions made by chicharito while he was in a bad mood caused a decline in The Fragment, mostly from the lack of professionalism he showed on a variety of issues. Chicharito kicked breakycpk from a match after 4,000 people were watching it. Many were enraged after chicharito made swindlemelonzz an admin. In my honest opinion I think melonzz did a fine job as an admin however it casted a negative image on The Fragment because of the discontent many have with him over getting people banned.

In addition to those issues, we repeatedly faced issues with our bots. Quakenet repeatedly G-Lined our bots and denied our applications for an increase in clones.

Yesterday I had a talk with chicharito about the problems we faced and he said a talk with AngryTestie caused him to want to shut the league down. I told him we could work through the issues and drafted a post for the forums. Then we played HoN together and he fed himself to Kongor after I picked Legionnaire and died because he didn't call missing. After that he raged at me and talked trash about me, at which point I told him I didn't want to deal with him while he was acting like this. The next day he shuts down the league and tells me ingame. I ask him to give me the bots so I can keep The Fragment running. He said no and wouldn't explain why, I told him it would be the right thing to do after everything I did for him, he still wouldn't explain why.

I still maintain my ownership of The Fragment's website, which I may or may not use in the future.

I would like to give my thanks here to all of those who helped us make this a great place.
Bart13t - Amazing admin and friend who was with me through thick and thin.
se - Another great admin and friend with me to the end.
M0tif - Another great friend and administrator.
Benjy - Good coder, nice guy even though I have only spoken with him on a few occasions.
BreakyCPK of HoNcast - For helping us get the word out back when we were shoutcasting. For remaining composed after the EG vs. MSI ordeal.

I am currently working with a few different organizations to bring a new evolution of the fragment, I will announce when I have that ready to launch.

tl;dr = Chicharito is mad and quit after a talk with AngryTestie, HoN downtime killed the competitive scene and new S2 league kills the thought of a rebirth.

musoraninn
06-13-2011, 02:31 AM
i hope all is going to be fine...

@Chicharito Unfortunately absence of education now shows most influence on others. In the future with such character to you life will be very difficult... (The nervous mongrel) :legi:

@myself sad just yesterday decided join the league and that is dead :(
unlucky

MARCUS
06-13-2011, 05:55 AM
who?

FJ
06-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Good read - a shame it had to end like this.

fourchan
06-13-2011, 06:30 AM
The good guys dressed in black, remember that, just in case we ever face to face and make contact.

GanbaruJapan
06-13-2011, 06:37 AM
R.I.P Frag

Styne
06-13-2011, 06:51 AM
I wonder why it's in your interest to confirm the image of Chicharito that a lot of HoN players have atm. You could have just left those parts out if he's your friend. >_>

fAcEcAt_
06-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Can i ask where i told you testie made me do this? all i said to you was that i had a conversation with angrytestie about how we could rebirth thefragment and he just gave me some constructive feedback, that's all.

Turdburglar
06-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Can i ask where i told you testie made me do this? all i said to you was that i had a conversation with angrytestie about how we could rebirth thefragment and he just gave me some constructive feedback, that's all.

Testie's Vision of Frag "Rebirthing"

Queue for TMM on a 1500 with 4 other 1500s and play against 1500s, with the unwritten rule of no confrontation with the opposing team until at least 35mns have passed... While typing /commercial every 8 minutes. The entire time maintaining a stellar 55% win percentage against said 1500s.

swindlemelonzz
06-13-2011, 10:46 AM
To lessen the speculation as to how the league ended, I will explain my viewpoint on the issues.

With the DDoS attacks on HoN the league lost 90% of its activity. We scheduled a meeting with the various admins to work through the issues we faced and how to move forward, few showed up.

I always regarded chicharito as a friend through the entire operation, however he often was in a bad mood and I had to deal with his rage. Many decisions made by chicharito while he was in a bad mood caused a decline in The Fragment, mostly from the lack of professionalism he showed on a variety of issues. Many were enraged after chicharito made swindlemelonzz an admin. In my honest opinion I think melonzz did a fine job as an admin however it casted a negative image on The Fragment because of the discontent many have with him over getting people banned.

In addition to those issues, we repeatedly faced issues with our bots. Quakenet repeatedly G-Lined our bots and denied our applications for an increase in clones.

Yesterday I had a talk with chicharito about the problems we faced and he said a talk with AngryTestie caused him to want to shut the league down. I told him we could work through the issues and drafted a post for the forums. Then we played HoN together and he fed himself to Kongor after I picked Legionnaire and died because he didn't call missing. After that he raged at me and talked trash about me, at which point I told him I didn't want to deal with him while he was acting like this. The next day he shuts down the league and tells me ingame. I ask him to give me the bots so I can keep The Fragment running. He said no and wouldn't explain why, I told him it would be the right thing to do after everything I did for him, he still wouldn't explain why.

I still maintain my ownership of The Fragment's website, which I may or may not use in the future.

I would like to give my thanks here to all of those who helped us make this a great place.
Bart13t - Amazing admin and friend who was with me through thick and thin.
se - Another great admin and friend with me to the end.
M0tif - Another great friend and administrator.
Benjy - Good coder, nice guy even though I have only spoken with him on a few occasions.
BreakyCPK of HoNcast - For helping us get the word out back when we were shoutcasting. For remaining composed after the EG vs. MSI ordeal.

I am currently working with a few different organizations to bring a new evolution of the fragment, I will announce when I have that ready to launch.

tl;dr = Chicharito is mad and quit after a talk with AngryTestie, HoN downtime killed the competitive scene and new S2 league kills the thought of a rebirth.

the only person banned by anyone (after being vouched) was kingraven.

ps. after reading this post I don't see any reason to make it other than being mad at chich or just wanting to stir up more drama. a simple "frags over thanks to these admins" would have been much better.

Hsssh
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
What was this EG vs MSI ordeal with Honcast? When Breaky was denied casting by some admin from Fragment? I remember reading something about it but didn`t pay much attention.

xlolumadbrox
06-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Swindle hating on the King :confused:

KingRaven
06-13-2011, 11:31 AM
KingRaven was also the only one that told you what the **** is up, crybaby. The heat got hot in the kitchen once you spoke up, and you couldn't do anything but reach for the fire extinguisher.

Kid can't even properly handle Yoda in-lane without calling S2 customer support for IP checks during the match. "IS THIS MSPUDDING? YES I"D LIKE TO CREATE A CUSTOMER SUPPORT TICKET I BELIEVE [EG]YODA MAY BE DIRTY RINGING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER LOSE.... CALL BACK NUMBER? OH IT GOES TO MY HIRED SWINDLEMELOZ CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN INDIA - NUMBER IS ON MY STREAM THAT I CLAIM I MAKE $25 AN HOUR ON." rofl $25 an hour I can't believe when you whispered me that you make that off online gaming rofl rofl rofl lok at this weasel big lying rofl $25 an hour streaming and groveling for donations like a poor turd. I'll donate you a barrel to warm your hands over in the winter if you need it to game with.

Makes a team, then gets embarrassingly 2-0'd against OK with the most disgusting high-level magmus play imaginable. That hero requires a type of gameplay you're too stupid to achieve so stick to crying for lane wards and AOE triple stack jungle farming. Euros with half your ego outplay you in big matches and you cry about individual talent rofl bro Era/H4nn1/Overpow are better than everyone on your ****ing team (and I like most people on your team, so I'm not trolling), and I can't remember the last time they claimed any bullshit about KD/OK that wasn't true get some humility dipshit you're rubbish past 5 heroes.

Fuga
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
no this post had a point, which was that chicho is a huge baby

JoshGodlyP
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
#hon.ihl is still up

http://i.imgur.com/gTSHg.jpg

swindlemelonzz
06-13-2011, 11:52 AM
KingRaven was also the only one that told you what the **** is up. small crybaby.

Kid can't even properly handle Yoda in-lane without calling S2 customer support for IP checks.

sorry my mom still isnt interested.

KingRaven
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
damn bro you fired back in 10 minutes.

http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/f5.gif?m=1272640398

Porch
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
^ fired back in 3min?

zyL
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM

Typical selfown

Cranium
06-13-2011, 12:20 PM

ps. after reading this post I don't see any reason to make it other than being mad at chich or just wanting to stir up more drama. a simple "frags over thanks to these admins" would have been much better.

I'm not saying banned from IHL, I'm saying banned from HoN.

As I said I think you did I fine job as an admin, you seemed like a good guy every time we talked and you gave us good advice. Honestly I missphrased that paragraph, I had another example in there before I mentioned you and somehow it got deleted, I will edit it.

Hsssh
06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
^ fired back in 3min?

He was baiting FFS.

Kzod
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
The heat got hot in the kitchen

kid keeps owning himself

Earwoods
06-13-2011, 01:57 PM
swindle don't you get tired of everyone hating you? :o

K1tcher
06-13-2011, 03:29 PM
good read!

Guurka
06-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Haha I'm amazed at how many people hates him! :D

mindspank
06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Makes a team, then gets embarrassingly 2-0'd against OK with the most disgusting high-level magmus play imaginable. That hero requires a type of gameplay you're too stupid to achieve so stick to crying for lane wards and AOE triple stack jungle farming. Euros with half your ego outplay you in big matches and you cry about individual talent rofl bro Era/H4nn1/Overpow are better than everyone on your ****ing team (and I like most people on your team, so I'm not trolling), and I can't remember the last time they claimed any bullshit about KD/OK that wasn't true get some humility dipshit you're rubbish past 5 heroes.

Quoted for ****ing truth. Amen.

Flow
06-13-2011, 08:51 PM
KingRaven with the real talk.

MeowMao
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Kid can't even properly handle Yoda in-lane without calling S2 customer support for IP checks during the match. "IS THIS MSPUDDING? YES I"D LIKE TO CREATE A CUSTOMER SUPPORT TICKET I BELIEVE [EG]YODA MAY BE DIRTY RINGING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER LOSE.... CALL BACK NUMBER? OH IT GOES TO MY HIRED SWINDLEMELOZ CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN INDIA - NUMBER IS ON MY STREAM THAT I CLAIM I MAKE $25 AN HOUR ON."

rofl

xTiming
06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
KingRaven was also the only one that told you what the **** is up, crybaby. The heat got hot in the kitchen once you spoke up, and you couldn't do anything but reach for the fire extinguisher.

Kid can't even properly handle Yoda in-lane without calling S2 customer support for IP checks during the match. "IS THIS MSPUDDING? YES I"D LIKE TO CREATE A CUSTOMER SUPPORT TICKET I BELIEVE [EG]YODA MAY BE DIRTY RINGING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER LOSE.... CALL BACK NUMBER? OH IT GOES TO MY HIRED SWINDLEMELOZ CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN INDIA - NUMBER IS ON MY STREAM THAT I CLAIM I MAKE $25 AN HOUR ON." rofl $25 an hour I can't believe when you whispered me that you make that off online gaming rofl rofl rofl lok at this weasel big lying rofl $25 an hour streaming and groveling for donations like a poor turd. I'll donate you a barrel to warm your hands over in the winter if you need it to game with.

KingRaven 1 - failmelonzz 0

Tesla`
06-14-2011, 06:37 AM
Thats some sad news... Go make a league that has some sort of partnership with honcast imo :P
Also, im honestly not THAT surprised on chicharito's attitude - he was somewhat like a kid on certain situations. Waiting for a new high lvl league >.< OR waiting for china to host some f8's harem beta style inhouses :D

evotech
06-14-2011, 06:44 AM
We have a fully operational IHL

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showforum=3918

The bot itself is better and more stable and can run on its own for years.

All you have to do is add an application, and we will probably start up a .high in short time.

If the fragment people want to do something together PM me! The several IHL's is not too good.

GR can offer prizes, we are already talking to several sponsors, i think it looks good.

moshonkel
06-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Could anybody plz explain me who this kingraven guy is and what he accomplished ? When i read his post it looked to me like he must be someone important.

Thx in advance.

Dreamfx
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Could anybody plz explain me who this kingraven guy is and what he accomplished ? When i read his post it looked to me like he must be someone important.

Thx in advance.

king of all trolls - bringing you the best in real smack talk

catdog420
06-14-2011, 10:26 AM
King Ra -> King Raven

get it?
nerds

Gabe
06-14-2011, 11:02 AM
dilatedmind as well, but what the hell. All they were doing was play games and abused their admin-power. I know this was my decition to make
them admin and i can fairly say i regret thatLol, did you forget how fragment got started in the first place? When your admins from the first league obtained a different bot and took all the league playerbase with it, dilated was the first person to stick with you. Dilated brought enough players of a higher-level to fragment (even from the new league) that generated enough interest so that people in IHL were willing to play in fragment when IHL games weren't up.

I was in vent and on mirc when you thought he was abusing his admin powers.. lol. You definitely have a unique perspective on things.

Probably shouldn't regret giving him admin, he more than likely spurred your league to the success it had while it lasted.

Rexi
06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Kingraven i love u bro <3 :)
your **** is just hilarious

Cranium
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Our new league is starting up, we are currently fixing the bots up a little bit.