PDA

View Full Version : HoN ladder?

_kamiX_
06-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I must admit that Im quite shocked. I was playing CoD2 quite competitively and there was like 2 - 3 ladders where you could join and fight (besides tournaments which has been organized by others who had sponsors). In those days you could fight on CB (clanbase) or ESL and lose / gain points. I was searching for some ladders for HoN and only thing that I found was ladder on ESL which is DEAD and has 2 matches per week???

Lets assume if S2 would make some Global Team Ladder. What do you think? Will this ladder be active? Imo I think it would ... This game lacks a bit of, lets say it this way, amateur competitivness.

Feedback on this --- > Welcome :scou:

Otolia
06-10-2011, 08:34 AM
It remains to be seen, but everything that could bring more good player under the light is a good thing for the comp scene. A ladder is less selective than Bo1 tournaments where lesser teams gets sweeped by powerhouses.

Guess`Who
06-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I must admit that Im quite shocked. I was playing CoD2 quite competitively and there was like 2 - 3 ladders where you could join and fight (besides tournaments which has been organized by others who had sponsors). In those days you could fight on CB (clanbase) or ESL and lose / gain points. I was searching for some ladders for HoN and only thing that I found was ladder on ESL which is DEAD and has 2 matches per week???

Lets assume if S2 would make some Global Team Ladder. What do you think? Will this ladder be active? Imo I think it would ... This game lacks a bit of, lets say it this way, amateur competitivness.

Feedback on this --- > Welcome :scou:
Why would I play ladder, if I just can type /b m lf scrim?

_kamiX_
06-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Why would I play ladder, if I just can type /b m lf scrim?

hah ... I bet you have never been in any ladders?
The answer is simple. You are inside of as a member of your clan. You and your mates are playing FOR something. Not just like in Scrim. Here you will play for (lets call it this way) Team MMR - Your team will climb on that ladder / fall depending on your wins / loses. Also you will gain MMR / PSR or what ever like a player ...
Also you could see the whole history of your matchlists

Did you get the point?

Guess`Who
06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
hah ... I bet you have never been in any ladders?
The answer is simple. You are inside of as a member of your clan. You and your mates are playing FOR something. Not just like in Scrim. Here you will play for (lets call it this way) Team MMR - Your team will climb on that ladder / fall depending on your wins / loses. Also you will gain MMR / PSR or what ever like a player ...
Also you could see the whole history of your matchlists

Did you get the point?

I've been playing a lot of ladders in wc3.
And as for me it's good for mid-teams, but it's suck for compet.

KingRaven
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
No one competitively cares about this trash scene so they'd rather do stuff like sleep in past matches and ring 70% of games.

Go elsewhere if you want a ladder to play because 4 matches worth a **** a month is all youll get here.

_kamiX_
06-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I've been playing a lot of ladders in wc3.
And as for me it's good for mid-teams, but it's suck for compet.

I do not agree with you... In Cod2 the first team on CB was the most likely one of the best teams in EU ... Similar would have been here..
You think that MSI / EG etc. wouldnt want to be the top team in HoN? ...

I doubt it. In Fact they will be matched up with the top teams same as if they scrim with them

KARTlK
06-10-2011, 11:22 AM
They just scrim normally or play IHs why would they join a new system to begin with.

In HoN the players have this anti-S2 mentality. If it requires the players to use it to get on board (remember old matchmaking that nobody used even though it was fundamentally a working system), nobody will do it. Top teams will never stop doing what they're doing as long as it somewhat works or gives them more money.

Lukfar
06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
http://honsucks.mono.net/

Check my website!!!!!

_kamiX_
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
They just scrim normally or play IHs why would they join a new system to begin with.

In HoN the players have this anti-S2 mentality. If it requires the players to use it to get on board (remember old matchmaking that nobody used even though it was fundamentally a working system), nobody will do it. Top teams will never stop doing what they're doing as long as it somewhat works or gives them more money.

Ok ... If they tend to do so Im fine with that. My preposition was that if its possible that S2 makes a Team Ladder, after all all database is online on the servers so I think this shouldnt be rly big issue to work on.

They can simply create "Clan Ladder" same as the " Player ladder". Also you would still have TMM / MM + Official Clan ladders. In that last section you could play 5v5 but all 5 players MUST be from the same clan / team and you would compete for the Clan Points (+, -) and for the MMR (+, - )

I think this is a brilliant idea which will bring competitivness to those who dont stand a chance to the top 20 teams and almost every cash tournament.

Undutchable
06-13-2011, 10:50 AM

Still, the only reason to play MM is to get coins... The upside of playing a game faster doesn't really counteract the downside of not being able to spot a smurf...

We want coins. MM = Coins, therefore we want MM... ;)