PDA

View Full Version : "Quarantine" forum...

MasterOfEnts
06-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Just noticed this -- as my recent post went into Quarantine. I'm tickled that the folks at S2 have the capacity to categorize every post. Yet, they can't take the time to post information on why we're having login problems. Or, perhaps, that they're even looking into it.

Priorities! You know, instead of firefighting the huge volume of negative posts, ****ing fix the problem. People are posting because your **** is broken! Get on it. And let us know what's going on.

Seems simple enough to me...

eoLithic
06-04-2011, 05:53 PM
You sound mad

BloodyTofu
06-04-2011, 05:56 PM
This is going to non-constructive complaints lol.

MasterOfEnts
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
You sound mad
Sure I'm mad. Here I am again having to play the "vent on the forums" game because the game is down. And, when I've finished venting, some douche bag CS person "quarantines" my post. It's rather infuriating.

Where's the news of what's actually happening? 1000s of people can't play. Yet, there's not a peep of info. Nothing. Nada. But, they sure do have time to read and categorize EVERY SINGLE POST.

Absolutely unprofessional... and awful.

Jnas
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
moderators != s2 staff

Guile
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
:madm::madm::madm::madm::madm:

addeadde
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I guess there are a more moderators of the forum than techies involved with what seems to be blocked IPs. I can't log in either.

MasterOfEnts
06-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I guess there are a more moderators of the forum than techies involved with what seems to be blocked IPs. I can't log in either.
Makes sense. But, should that stop them from posting something like this:

"We're aware of the login issues that you're having. We're working to fix them now. Will have more information for you soon."

Gee, that might be a professional way to handle this...

Knfz
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Sure I'm mad. Here I am again having to play the "vent on the forums" game because the game is down. And, when I've finished venting, some douche bag CS person "quarantines" my post. It's rather infuriating.

Where's the news of what's actually happening? 1000s of people can't play. Yet, there's not a peep of info. Nothing. Nada. But, they sure do have time to read and categorize EVERY SINGLE POST.

Absolutely unprofessional... and awful.

shut the **** up, they most likely have completely different staff for the forums and obviously alot more of them because its a job ANY1 CAN DO.

Yahtzee
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
:madm::madm::madm::madm::madm:

qft.

Dotapants
06-04-2011, 06:04 PM
you realise that its the forum admins that remove useless posts like yours and not the devs who may or may not have answers

addeadde
06-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, not sure how things work at S2 but I know for sure that things take a lot longer saturday night than on a regular weekday when you have to call for support.

KingsKill
06-04-2011, 06:06 PM
wow, S2 sucks and the staff is awful

dota 2 all the way.

MasterOfEnts
06-04-2011, 06:07 PM
you realise that its the forum admins that remove useless posts like yours and not the devs who may or may not have answers
Sure, I realize that. Although, in my active imagination, here's how this should be playing out:

1. Forum admin sees that people are complaining about login issues.

2. Forum admin contacts developer to let them know.

3. Either developer logs into the forum and tells the players that it's being looked into. OR the admin does this for the developer.

4. People see that S2 is aware of what's happening. And are much more calm for it.

Quarantining all of the posts and not saying a word about the ACTUAL PROBLEM is unprofessional and unacceptable.

GhsCrysis
06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
You do realize that the people trying to fix these issues aren't the ones moving the threads around, right?

And you do realize that the people moving the threads around don't know what the developers of the game are doing, right?

So, certainly, you can see how stupid you sound, right?

MasterOfEnts
06-04-2011, 06:17 PM
You do realize that the people trying to fix these issues aren't the ones moving the threads around, right?

And you do realize that the people moving the threads around don't know what the developers of the game are doing, right?

So, certainly, you can see how stupid you sound, right?
Touche? Nah.

Are you saying that there's no communication possible between the developers and the public-facing support staff? Are you saying that it would be impossible for someone to take 5 minutes and post about the issue?

Really?

JelloBoy
06-04-2011, 06:18 PM
this ruin your day?