PDA

View Full Version : The new Community

incuGuS
06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello all,

The S2 Staff that will be handling the community

Well i've been posting on the forums, mostly reading, for a long time and i've gotten to know the S2 Posting Members, gotten to like them , dislike them , and I'd love to know who will be joining us in this new era of the forums.

I know Nome is, saw a post of him, but who else?
If its someone new i'd love for them to be introduced to the community, much like new CMs have a "welcome" post on Blizzard game forums. (only others i frequent.). If they are the same "old" guys then it could be cool for them to introduce themselves anyway, link to their blogs , twitters , facebook fanpages (im looking at you diva!)

Some mixed feelings about this
Gonna be missing the straight out honesty and camaraderie that sprouted from S2 as fellow gamers, i can already sense a bit of a distance and change of ways in Maliken's Message. I hope that you retain your ways , but improve them as maliken said. I would hate to see PR releases instead of messages, templates instead of opinions and faceless guys with no blood.

Looking forward the future.

SolarFlare22
06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Agreed. As much as people dislike some of the things said by S2 staff, they have to understand that they're people too.

This isn't some retail store where the customer is always right. Often times the customers posting on the forums are wrong and I don't think that the staff wants to just sit around and do nothing.

I guess we'll see how these new forums work out though...

Cord
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Well as Nome started out as a forum goer and then was hired by S2 I think he's pretty safe.

Or am I misremembering the way that went?

bolonypony
06-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Above poster is a prime example of why S2 needs to move forward with this new forum moderation.

The company is continuously striving to change and adapt in order to keep an edge on the competition, this is a positive thing. Keep up the good work.

HaIlucinate
06-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Their still going to post, just not under a shiny red name

Zhveck
06-02-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm sure S2 will loosen up a little after some time has passed. Probably won't ever be quite as "trollish" as before. But after the new forums settle down a bit and the community learns to stop raging and trolling over ever little thing, S2 will relax a bit with their new policy.

`Lucky``
06-02-2011, 12:11 AM
are there any examples of trollish behavior besides idiejer being funny/sleep deprived during the ddos era and utah with his retort to moon?

LonelyQueen
08-31-2011, 01:42 AM
This thread shouldnt be at the last page

i'll use my magic to make it at page1

Its working!