PDA

View Full Version : Slickz

Nexxus5
05-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Has anyone ever tried playing with 200+ pings? It's god annoying having to act 1 sec before something's suppose to happen. Slickz has to face that every ****ing game in US servers. That's why he's AWESOME. He's like a god among men in AUS servers.

Bottom line, Slickz deserves more credit in competitive scene.

tonning
05-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Played against Australians on USW with 300 ping, it's hard yeh...

Tarano
05-11-2011, 05:35 AM
200 ping is perfectly fine. It only becomes noticeable at around 240ish. Anyone who cries about someone having a 50 ping when they themselves have a 190 are just whiners.

But yah, I've watch him on AUS servers before and there's a pretty big difference. He's definitely an incredible player that deserves more credit than he gets.

Nexxus5
05-11-2011, 05:37 AM
All the respect to you too Tarano, I've watched you from support to ganker/carry. You're the reason I start playing support seriously. Long live DWI..

tonning
05-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Don't forget about DuskBin Gaming, they are a 5 man team playing with 250-300 ping every game.

NitroS
05-11-2011, 06:18 AM
im from australia and playing on USW is the same as playing on Australian servers in Dota through bored aussie, there is a difference but once your use to it u compensate to the point where you dont even notice it until you actually play on australian servers again.

The top Dota players in australia (mcity) all adjusted to this 2.

Nevyll
05-11-2011, 07:56 AM
If you live in Australia, why would you be inside gaming?

Tischel
05-11-2011, 09:12 AM
200 ping is perfectly fine. It only becomes noticeable at around 240ish. Anyone who cries about someone having a 50 ping when they themselves have a 190 are just whiners.

But yah, I've watch him on AUS servers before and there's a pretty big difference. He's definitely an incredible player that deserves more credit than he gets.

QFT

200ms is not nearly close to 1 sec delay, and once you get use to it, you can play without problems....
at 300ms it starts to feel laggy

Anyway, the worst kind of lag is the "spiky lag", which is happening very often in hon's servers...

(Btw I'm from south america and I always play with 200+ ping)

`veRbaL
05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
That nigga slickz getting it in

HonkHonkBear
05-11-2011, 11:04 AM

You DWI guys love to perpetrate the stereotype of being ignorant/uneducated as ****, don't you? 190/50 = 3.8. It will take you 3.8 times longer to move than your opponent. It doesn't matter if you're used to it or not, it's still a factor. Crying about it makes you a ***** but if your opponents don't understand that there is a difference then they're retards (i.e. you, apparently, rofl). If I play on EU I feel a difference. Of course I can play, of course I can still win. I don't cry about it in all chat (se`busca?) but it's obviously there and anyone with a brain knows it.

LOL. Sorry, this forum just gets funnier everyday.

kippetje
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
You DWI guys love to perpetrate the stereotype of being ignorant/uneducated as ****, don't you? 190/50 = 3.8. It will take you 3.8 times longer to move than your opponent. It doesn't matter if you're used to it or not, it's still a factor. Crying about it makes you a ***** but if your opponents don't understand that there is a difference then they're retards (i.e. you, apparently, rofl). If I play on EU I feel a difference. Of course I can play, of course I can still win. I don't cry about it in all chat (se`busca?) but it's obviously there and anyone with a brain knows it.

I somewhat agree, I usually notice the difference between my <50 ping on EU to 130-180 on USE. Not always though

Duck
05-11-2011, 12:15 PM

Deal with it.

HOHOHOOOOOO

onaprayer
05-11-2011, 12:27 PM
everyone once in a while i get into a playstar.se server with 400+ ping.

400+ ping isnt fun, but I hardly notice the difference between my 80 ping minimum to 140-160 standard pings

WigglyFace
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Gun-toting Aussie Death Spiders.

Obablack
05-11-2011, 12:56 PM

AAT = shitposts, I think I figured out your gimmick.

suit`
05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Imo DWi is the most talented team out there ;o and Tarano maybe best overall player in the scene right now..

TDA101
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
DWI isn't even a team. They need to use Ice/Ehh W/e other team. Zaku is Dwi? Wut? Plz. I wanna see more chipper.

suit`
05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Old DWi with rycho etc was much more entertaining tbh.

Oiphal
05-11-2011, 01:17 PM
AAT = shitposts, I think I figured out your gimmick.
We're just trying to fit in

GreatCHRONOS
05-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Old DWi with rycho etc was much more entertaining tbh.

rYCHO, Envy, Waff, Rano and Slickz was some good ****

Kzod
05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
slickz and zekaykay are no doubt two of the best players in HoN at the time, I can only imagine how bad they'd rape anyone if they played with 50 - 150 ping like most american and european teams do.

mentioning swish cause he's ****ing awesome

GATTUSO`
05-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Balls stuck in the zipper or something?

Anyways, using 190/50= 3.8 as evidence that it will take 3.8 times longer to move is not correct. Afaik ping is measured in ms. Doing 190-50 = 140 and then saying that it will take 140 ms more to move is probably more of a correct statement. Then you will have to add the whole human abilities thing into the whole discussion, (in other words, there's a limit to how fast the human eye/mind can react).

wikkedwhite
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Swish is crazy good also, but slicks timing the delay is pro, I use to own with 280 ping back in quake2 days still my #1 game

Try shooters with 200+ pinglol

Tischel
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM

You are kinda messing it up. The player with 190ms will move 140ms after the 50ms guy.
It's true that it's a factor, i mean, in theory the 190ms guy has less time to react. But what really matters is not the factor (in your example 3.8), but the actual difference and the actual pings.

Example:

player A has 1ms
player B has 10ms

10/1 = 10.
In this case, the factor is even bigger, but in practice it's almost nothing.

player A has 100ms
player B has 300ms

300/100 = 3
Factor is smaller, but the player B will be kinda laggy, while player A can play perfectly fine...

The truth is, with 200ms the game is playable and the only disadvantage u have is that you see things a bit later and has less time to react than a person with 100ms or less

p.s: don't hate on the english/grammar (not my native language)

Doinkmoo
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Slickz is by far one of the best players both personality and skill wise, the fact that he chooses to play with such **** delay is more power to him. He did just destroy some Aus lan **** tho.

ConnieHo
05-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Person one has 20 ping
Person two has 100 ping

100/20 = 5

OH SH** PERSON ONE FUKIN OP ADVANTAGE WTFFFF 5 TIMES LESS DELAY

Vulpes
05-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Anyone who doesn't notice a 100ms difference either plays with 800ms+ or is retarded.

KARTlK
05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
rycho...entertaining tbh.

wat.

pewpewstar
05-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Divulge Slickz' home address so I can stalk him please

NitroS
05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Divulge Slickz' home address so I can stalk him please
hes an asian, which is heavly frowned upon in australia

Flow
05-11-2011, 11:12 PM

like 90% of australia is asian. what are you even talking about.

gosu
05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
that's poker folks

Krasus
05-12-2011, 12:59 AM
I play with 280 ping on a good day; 300 ping on an average day and 350 ping on a bad day. And I can tell you now, 280 is perfectly fine. 300+ get slightly annoying, you miss a hook by a millimeter - you pk in just FRACTION slower. But anything <300 is completely workable. A consistent 280 ping is better than a 200 ping with spikes - I can tell you that safely cz when I used to play from Australia, i would have 200~ ping but my net was really unstable, so I randomly hiked up to 350. That sudden jump causes so much misery and makes you time everything wrong. But being where I am now, I have a stable 280 ping and it runs the game fine, and it doesn't really hinder gameplay.

Then again; I've never played with less than 100 ping. So i wouldn't know how much more different it feels.

NitroS
05-12-2011, 01:10 AM
like 90% of australia is asian. what are you even talking about.

yea 90% of china is australian hur dur i can do what u do, asians in australia are frowned upon last week i went to a night club and asians pretty much get rejected cause there asian pretty much everyone i know hates asians

Nexxus5
05-12-2011, 02:05 AM

****, are you serious?!!?!?

Big_Chief
05-12-2011, 02:33 AM

That explains everything

FIVES
05-12-2011, 03:03 AM
yea 90% of china is australian hur dur i can do what u do, asians in australia are frowned upon last week i went to a night club and asians pretty much get rejected cause there asian pretty much everyone i know hates asians

what

Octavia
05-12-2011, 03:08 AM
what
time to check out the ABS sons get some real numbers :legi:

Draakur
05-12-2011, 03:20 AM
I ****ing lol'd

CorpPor
05-12-2011, 05:45 AM
slickz is really pretty good, and tarano as well. the rest of dwi is pretty meh. rycho is really not that good compared to top players. pubbies see him play some afk farming hard carry and watch in awe as he comes out late game with 500gpm -- well who would have thought that could happen! still, rycho is better than some of the others like zaku and waffomgz

JonnyL
05-12-2011, 06:27 AM
slickz is really pretty good, and tarano as well. the rest of dwi is pretty meh. rycho is really not that good compared to top players. pubbies see him play some afk farming hard carry and watch in awe as he comes out late game with 500gpm -- well who would have thought that could happen! still, rycho is better than some of the others like zaku and waffomgz
800gpm, your point is invalid now

Anakha
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Pretty sure all those people sitting in netcafes all night playing DotA until 4-5am aren't white. JUST SAYING.

_Raph
05-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Any Australian of a measurable skill like sLicKz, who can last hit and hold his own in 1750+ US/Euro is playing and beating that ping. I hadn't played in an Aus server until a few days ago, so I played hon with 250+ ms all the time, it felt completely normal. Different story in an Aus server ofcourse.

pewpewstar
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Mate that's why you go to Asian clubs...?

Deityh
05-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Im used to low ping being the euro scum I am and bad player anyways. However for me it seems kinda odd to say that 200ms or so ping isint that bad... It makes last hitting ALOT harder than with normal 50-100ms latency. Probably it isint so big issue once you get used to it but still.

GATTUSO`
05-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Old UO player? Just wondering.

Otolia
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM

Latency how does it work ?

Obviously not like you explained it -> /facepalm.

FFarmer
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM

this might be the dumbest thing ive ever read

`ajkun
05-30-2011, 09:18 AM

KLUB KANDY.
brissy kents will know what i mean haha.
but yeh aussies in the hon community are pretty racist, i used to rock my filo flag, and get called "gook" and "fukn pinoy". now i just get called gook and fukn pinoy cause they remember my name hahah

Manifesto
05-30-2011, 09:31 AM
I stomp Americans playing <100 all the time when in the high 200's low 300's range.

Theres a point at which you can play the game on the same level after a certain point of practice, it just isn't even a factor anymore.

Vulpes
05-30-2011, 10:01 AM
No there isn't. Ping is always a factor (unless you're terrible and not Disjointing SCanceling etc etc, then it really doesn't matter much)

TryckFel
05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
This thread is now about normal pings. I ping when I pong but hon has me at 200most of the time. really sup with servers, couldnt there be "special servers" for competitve games that are more stable or some ****. ?? btw dreamhack won't be played online or will it? :S

Deathbeproud
05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
On the ping matter. No one mentions a lot of what makes the difference is changing ping. A player that plays on 300 ping all the time is used to it. Getting to used to the amount of delay you have means a lot. Going from 50 ping to 200 ping is much more difficult.

rYCHO
05-31-2011, 12:26 AM
i think his connection has since improved, but slickz used to play with 400/500 ping pretty frequently. aus net is terrible

wikkedwhite
05-31-2011, 01:54 AM
he is amazing

Jim
08-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Slickz is an Australian god. Jim knows it. THREADOMANCY AHOY! :phar:

frtzarn
08-19-2011, 11:41 PM
On the ping matter. No one mentions a lot of what makes the difference is changing ping. A player that plays on 300 ping all the time is used to it. Getting to used to the amount of delay you have means a lot. Going from 50 ping to 200 ping is much more difficult.
This 100%. I'm used to fairly low ping and suddenly this week im playing with 200+ and I can't get used to it at all. so aggravating I can't even imagine how slickz does it
Also: love the icon :)

pindakaas
08-20-2011, 12:43 AM
What is this, the "suck coL dick" thread?

TheDragman
08-20-2011, 01:37 AM
This thread is now about normal pings. I ping when I pong but hon has me at 200most of the time. really sup with servers, couldnt there be "special servers" for competitve games that are more stable or some ****. ?? btw dreamhack won't be played online or will it? :S

tbh, i thought hon could not be played on lan. Quite sure it cant actually.

NattAeiei
08-20-2011, 03:45 AM
I always TMM with 280-400 MS(USW) that was ****ing annoying compare to JPN and some garena Server.

apm120
08-20-2011, 03:51 AM

This is the dumbest thing ove heard about asians in australia

just wow

completely untrue

like 90% of people in city are asians and can go to any bar they wish

Jim
08-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Small plays by the big son. Batter up? DIRECT HIT! Soldier kills Scout.

playgu`
08-20-2011, 04:58 AM
QFT

200ms is not nearly close to 1 sec delay, and once you get use to it, you can play without problems....
at 300ms it starts to feel laggy

Anyway, the worst kind of lag is the "spiky lag", which is happening very often in hon's servers...

(Btw I'm from south america and I always play with 200+ ping)

Is this post serious?

200ms is not close to 1 second delay because 200ms is 200ms, 1,000ms = 1 second. Herp de ****ing derp.

Fenril
08-20-2011, 04:52 PM
well the lowest Ping servers in matchmaking i Can get are 280 average on USwest |

Useast is average 390 | Europe 600 |

Tough being an aussie hon player

Jim
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Not if your PLAGYU` small son. Then it's awesome. He feeds on american tears. :phar:

Kungrunar
08-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Is this post serious?

200ms is not close to 1 second delay because 200ms is 200ms, 1,000ms = 1 second. Herp de ****ing derp.
wat
he said it wasn't close to 1 second delay watwatwat

Sphino
08-21-2011, 05:12 AM
once, i had 77 ping. it spiked.

skyways
08-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Is this post serious?

Holy **** are you trolling? He said exactly what you said, go learn how to read again.

TOOL`
08-22-2011, 04:30 AM

huge ass scary insects?

Anakha
08-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Those are a lot less common than you think.

BiGFaTE
08-22-2011, 07:51 AM
200 millisecond delay is 1 second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Cousins
08-23-2011, 12:23 AM

Cause during the daylight hours the kangeroos roam the country and kill any humans they can find.

So we all stay inside all day and play games.

Killerella
08-24-2011, 07:37 PM

obviously your not australian.....

Smeggles
08-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Those are a lot less common than you think.

There is ****ing heaps of them in Queensland man >.> golden orb spiders keep devouring my car in their webs. So I stay inside and play HoN

`Shagroth
10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
One of the best players, seriously. sLiCKz tha man!

Tischel
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Is this post serious?

l2read

dNOTORIOUS
10-11-2011, 01:31 PM
neeed an aus server

You`reMine
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM
A lot of Aussie's play with 250-350ms on USW servers for MM, sure you theres a minor difference but nothing that effects gameplay brutally. You get used to it and when you go back to Aus servers it only makes you better/faster.

Kanadian
10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Slickz sux, fuk aussies they're like british brazilians, KANA OUT

GODROD
10-11-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3353693/Giant-spider-eating-a-bird-caught-on-camera.html

****IT I am never setting foot on Australian soil... I was pretty sure from before but that google result nailed it for me.

_Snow
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
^ wow rofl

Smeggles
10-12-2011, 02:31 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3353693/Giant-spider-eating-a-bird-caught-on-camera.html

****IT I am never setting foot on Australian soil... I was pretty sure from before but that google result nailed it for me.

Yeh man these are the golden orb spiders i was talking about! (thats a relatively larger than normal one, must be it's diet LOL) but they spin webs of ****ing STEEL. One decided to build its web essentially over the middle of my car and it took 30 minutes to break the stupid web off!

`Shagroth
10-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Crickey!

KONTRABASS
10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
What a beauty!

GinyuForce
10-12-2011, 05:54 AM
A real ripper!

LoveIsDead
10-12-2011, 06:08 AM

toughen up princess, we have **** loads of those spiders in our back yards.
never bothered me.

Glibber`
10-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Errr.. if you don't notice a 100~ ms difference then there's something wrong with you.

happyduck
10-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Crickey!

Nice try mate, but no Aussie says crickey. Back to the pavilion :mida:

waRRR
10-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice try mate, but no Aussie says crickey. Back to the pavilion :mida:

Steve Irwin...?

happyduck
10-12-2011, 04:42 PM
One person and now it's a stereotypical aussie slang word -.-

Hidoshyia
10-13-2011, 04:00 AM
One person and now it's a stereotypical aussie slang word -.-

u lied you said noone and now you say 1 person ill never trust you again thus its now a stereotypical aussie slang word.

smurfberrys
10-13-2011, 04:15 AM
u lied you said noone and now you say 1 person ill never trust you again thus its now a stereotypical aussie slang word.

Steve Irwin's dead so there isn't any Australians who say it any more.

Vomijaunatre
10-13-2011, 05:11 AM
Slickz sux, fuk aussies they're like british brazilians, KANA OUT

I would say more like american Canadians...:pebb: