PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at machinima

falconmick
05-04-2011, 06:47 AM
Ok, could you guys go have a look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzhg4c7bkY and tell me what you think needed impoving, and or what you think was good?...

I already know a couple of things that are wrong... Like for some reason, the game sound wasn't loud enough, untill the bloodlust, then it was loud... also that he VA wasn't amazing (or singing X() or the nameplates showing up... But I wanted to get this out while everone still cared about this Osama crap..

Still leave me your thoughts...

TheJoo
05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
hmm..
i think the idea was pretty good, but the characters sounded so bored, and it was therefore boring.

falconmick
05-04-2011, 01:04 PM
hmm..
i think the idea was pretty good, but the characters sounded so bored, and it was therefore boring.

It was quiet rushed out and made on the spot... which I know is a bad idea... I just don't have much time and people will stop caring about the subject soon... and lol I know im asking for feedback :P I just love defending myself, thanks dude

falconmick
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
do you think maybe I should attempt to find some actual voice acters next time I make somthing... or maybe just pick a topic which won't get old soon?

TheJoo
05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
no, it's just as i said - the people who were acting just sounded bored. it just feels like you put no effort into it (the voice acting, not the video/camera angles/etc.)

swebyson
05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Hire me or Dex

RuthlessVoid
05-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Here are some of things that I would like to address. These are all only my opinion, and I am by no means great myself, so take it as you wish:

1.) For the voice acting, you should try and have somewhat similar voices to the actual HoN heroes. The voice for Pebbles sounded something for Armadon, not for Pebbles. If I recall, Pebbles sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Engineer has a Scottish accent? I also agree that in general it was quite bland, especially when they all said "mine..."

2.) For the replay, you should let the replay load all the way so then all of the resources are loaded so you don't get missing animations and such (i.e. Pyro's stun.). [Actually, I find that I'm probably wrong with this.]

3.) In terms of editing, I would say that you don't need to try and do everything in one shot. Since you have the replay of it already, you can just get different shots and then cut all of the stuff you don't need which is the beauty of editing. With that, you can get much more control over the flow of the video. The video just seemed very slow and not too interesting.

4.) Maybe I'm delving too deep here, but I thought that something that could have been done was to just add some character to the "Osama" Tremble. I mean, it's about him isn't it? Why not add in his reaction to him getting thrown down upon?

I thought the idea was good, just the execution was pretty poor, even if this was rushed. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Swebyson and Smyger though :P

I hope some of what I have said is somewhat helpful.

falconmick
05-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah It was helpfull :) also defending myself again.. I am lazy and a uni student :) so this was jut a break from study/test... Ill pick somthing which is less likely to become old news soon... haha watching it I don't like it all that much either... I just wanted to get it out there... though next time Ill actually put some time into it... also the reason why you didn't see the pyro animation is because half the spells don't work in practice for some reason... so I cast it and it didn't cast... or bomb's ulti, I couldnt aim it... swebyson why is this??

biggy_Style
05-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Guys Osama Bin Laden is a human and he got murdered no jail no fair process thats not ok!
Ok he is a bad guy but you shouldn´t make fun of it that way. you shouldn´t even MAKE fun of it!
But yeah it was just 1 shot :P