PDA

View Full Version : FU paypal

elemntZ
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Paypal just permanently limited my account. All they gave me was an email saying due to case number bla bla we decided to permanently limit your account. I was using it with ebay, I sell a lot of items and had an 80 euro withdrawal in process that they cancelled and held in the account.

So I rang ebay support (they suspended my account due to my paypal suspension) and they tried to be as helpful as they could. They put me on to paypal "support" (if you can call it that).

Ended up talking to some fat 50 year old ***** probably going through menopause about the situation. She basically told me to piss off and they won't do anything about it. Apparently, because I had so many disputes in paypal (a total of 4, all resolved with refunds) it was "damaging" to their multi billion dollar business.

So I said thank you very much and hung up.

Rang ebay again, got them to put me through to paypal, this time they made me wait on hold for 20 minutes and eventually hung up.

Did the same thing again, eventually got through to a guy (I was hoping it would be a guy, they're much easier to talk to) his name was Chad. His response was quite different, he was pretty understanding and now he has forwarded my case to his supervisor.

I find it a little harsh that these ****ing *******s have frozen my entire paypal account and my ebay account over disputes that have been resolved. 5 disputes out of a total of 100 sales. This leads to an endless shitstorm which I will try to illustrate.

Ebay account suspended.
You have items to ship.
Item is no longer listed due to suspension, everyone that needed their items is told to open more disputes.
Due to item being no longer listed, you have no way of contacting the buyer until they open a paypal dispute.

On top of that, 3 of my disputes were because of an item I listed which was removed for being in the incorrect category, so I relisted it in the correct category, sold 4 overnight and had the listing taken down because it violated "copyright laws."

So I had 1 actual valid dispute, ever.

I mean, have you ever heard of a shop being closed down because of customers returning items and getting refunded?

TL;DR paypal sucks.

Cyberguru
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
lol that sucks, paypal is overrated, just get a credit card, just as safe and no bullshit

elemntZ
04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I gotta wait for their supervisor's response tomorrow, not expecting anything good tbh.

The items I was selling require constant contact with previous customers, won't go into detail. That 80 euro will be a minus balance by the time 6 months comes.

Panz3rfaust
04-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I feel you man...

SolasWay
04-24-2011, 04:19 PM
pretty weak how the woman and the man give totally different responses...

elemntZ
04-24-2011, 04:29 PM
pretty weak how the woman and the man give totally different responses...

that's typical, women who answer the phone to customers (secretaries etc.) put themselves on a pedestal. A male CS rep is usually a lot more helpful than a female one.

YawningAngel
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I can't help but feel that a few weeks in such a position would desensitise you to the people having the problems.

MichaelBurge
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I can't help but feel that a few weeks in such a position would desensitise you to the people having the problems.

When I worked in support, if somebody marked a trivial problem with "URGENT:" in the header to try to get it done faster, I would intentionally wait until the very last moment of our window where we say we'll get things done("it may take us up to 2 weeks to fix this").

Chuth
04-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Oh god If I rang up support and got MichaelBurge...

Vexium
04-25-2011, 02:45 AM
that's paypal for ya

oh and

that's typical, women who answer the phone to customers (secretaries etc.) put themselves on a pedestal. A male CS rep is usually a lot more helpful than a female one.

im not one to bring up sexist remarks and give two shits about them, but uh, this is a load of ****. ive had many male CS reps that are just as filled with douche and ego as the female ones. it's all the same man.

MichaelBurge
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh god If I rang up support and got MichaelBurge...

come at me bro, i'll fight you