PDA

View Full Version : Request: Text box mod and more!

tecknique
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
(I know this will be deleted but I'm putting it here just for a little bit in hopes that someone who develops mods but never visits the request section may read it before it's deleted!)

Very simple requests I think for someone who may be interested and advanced in modding.

Primary Request
I would like a few buttons, say 2-3 buttons on my screen that, when pressed, will echo "Stacked 2x" or "Stacked 3x"

For example, very much like the BANG MIA! buttons. Click, and it puts into team chat a miss call.

I'd like to either just have the buttons say what is quoted above, or the ability to customize the text string....and the label string.

Secondary Request
I know that slash commands have certain uses. Is it possible to develop a mod that would have chat text queues?

For instance, lets say if I type in "!ward" in chat, it would then print out "Can someone buy some wards!"

Something of that nature. I would like the ability, once again, to customize the call words (ex. !test) and the ability to customize what it would put into chat.

Let me know if anyone needs additional information or if someone would like to make these mods / help me make them.

Note - I've looked through miss mods and courier mods that add a button and have an action linked to the button. I've had basic C++ programming understanding skills, so I am aware of what I'm looking at, but I am completely lost as to how to modify one of those mods to fit my purpose.

Looking forward to someone's help!

revan_xp
04-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Wrong forum section.

Primary request
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=93736

Secondary request
I don't know if there's already a mod that does that.
It's pretty simple to make btw.
You can look at
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=124256#chat_redone
It already has a feature that hide certain message. You want to hide them and replace them with a particular string. Have a look at that mod code
If you are a programmer it won't be hard to understand how to code in xml

tecknique
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Revan

As stated before, I am full aware that it is in the wrong section. Before it is deleted, I was hoping to attract the attention I needed. Your response to this thread proved it worked!

I am unable to download Lemmi's mod as it is no longer available at that link. Do you happen to have an old copy?

Also, I've taken a look at the Chat Redone and it isn't quite what I was looking for.

I know that, in theory the mod would simply need to wait until a trigger, e.g. "!ward" and then print out the saved variable message.

Doing so in XML....not exactly sure how to do that.

Awan`Afuqya
04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
It would be fine if you post this in the general mod forum as it is a little bit more than just a request.
Double posting AND deliberately posting in the wrong section is a bad move though.

SHiRKiT
04-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Well, I think that you can use Bang! LibSlash to add /ward command if you want to, or you could /t ward also. If not, you gotta use Bang! LibChatParser with the Options to do such mod.