PDA

View Full Version : FPVoD 7: Tempest

Ationi
09-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMoGgBHtmYQ)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92VidAA71Rs)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZa1Y2dzzrg)

I'm kind of new to this "dota" genre, but I like playing Tempest a lot. This is my 249th game (ever!), so expect a lot of sloppiness due to lack of experience :p. Learning by doing... :)

I wish to learn this game 100%, so feel free to give feedback.

PS. Do you think I should always go jungling? People seem to take it for granted, but I prefer laning because this hero is such a powerful last hitter.

Valor2002
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Ok, here are my thoughts:

- I think you should have gone jungle, escpecially because you did not even try to get a herokill while laning. You used Glacial Blast during the laning phase like 2 times?!?! There were several situations where you could have gotten a kill. The thing about jungling is, that you get one more sololane.
- You skilled Meteor at lvl 11 and 12?? Why no Ulti lvl 2?
- Getting Arcana before PortalKey when your team already has a Ring of Sorcery is also questionable.
- Your Enemys were total noobs. Your mates won the game already during the laning phase.
- There was one situation where you just send ur elementals towards the enemy and pebbles just wipes them away. That was a gift of about 300g...
- Your last ulti was nice
- good use of the courier
- I am not trying to offend you, just trying to give some advice.

F0rk1
09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
i think the FPVoD tag is meant to be for much higher level games than this.

Ationi
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
-->#2

That's exactly what I want to hear. Little things that make a whole lot of difference.

Until now I haven't really thought about "team itembuilds". I usually don't trust random people enough, I guess. I'm teamplayer by nature, but still that had not crossed my mind.

The reason for leveling meteor just after using my ultimate was the fact that most of the time I gain another level before that skill is cooled down.

To be honest, I feel really strongly that I should record another video where there are more tighter battles if I wanted some really hardcore tips. This was just my first recording. It is easy to record everygame and then pick.

Thanks for the feedback :)

-->#3
Hmm... It kind of bothers me that most of the good guides and things like that require the receivant to already be at like level 2000 psr to be able to harness their power. Maybe there should be some "amateur" section for videos, dunno. This video clearly ain't pro quality, but I'm working on that part :D.

Voulture
09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Always upgreade your courier - it will be much faster and have invu. ability - and always keep it save - as you could see your monkey died in like 2 sec with just one wrong click. You should really go jungle to let someone powerlevel and i also think that you should use your elementals much more carefully. I can hardly remember you not losing at least one elemental just after casting. Leaving them in lane to die not even killing on creep or just letting pebbles one shot them with stalagmits / chuck combo. Its not only gold for enemies but also additional exp. You just let them farm.

twincannon
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
plz stop numbering fpvods along with angel's, it makes me think they're good and then I open the vid to "im not jungling with tempest because it's too boring"

Yoncore
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
- You skilled Meteor at lvl 11 and 12?? Why no Ulti lvl 2?

Actually 1 level of ult is fine... any more and the mana consumption isn't worth the extra time when you could be using those skill points and mana pool to lay down higher level'd meteor before the lvl 1 ulty... go theorycraft the damage difference...

Jungle tempest should be something like

1 - eles
2 - stats
3 - eles
4 - stats
5 - stuns
6 - bh (blackhole) ... with a courier sending out mana flasks you should have assisted in double killing your lane around this point with full move set combo then go buy your blink ... I've had mine in 6 minutes no em with no fb either.
7, 8, 9 - stuns (should be roaming and killing with blink + stuns + eles for extra dps)
10-16 - meteor and stats depending on whether you need to survive (stats) or are in a really team dominating poisition (maxing out meteor asap).

Note only two levels of eles - is all you need for effective jungling.

mf
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Lol Sup twincannon. Still playing dystopia?

Ationi
09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
I just tested the lv1 and lv4 summon exp and gold giveaways. Both of them give:
EXP 6
GOLD 32-46

normal melee creeps:
EXP 62
GOLD 35-50

I can see now that the gold gain is serious.

Valor2002
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I just tested the lv1 and lv4 summon exp and gold giveaways. Both of them give:
EXP 6
GOLD 32-46

normal melee creeps:
EXP 62
GOLD 35-50

I can see now that the gold gain is serious.

It is! Iam always glad to play against a tempest who sends his elemtals towards me. Its like free Gold. So really be careful about that issue.

PeeBeeO
09-21-2009, 11:26 AM
plz stop numbering fpvods along with angel's, it makes me think they're good and then I open the vid to "im not jungling with tempest because it's too boring"

This.

Let the good players use the FPVoD tag, please.

Elman1
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM

Dystopia veterans here? Hey! :D

i think the FPVoD tag is meant to be for much higher level games than this.

This. Post a replay asking for advice and people will be nice (Well, they were nice in DoW2, I don't know about DotA). Just don't name it FPVoD, and especially don't number it like Glorify and Nome's if you aren't recording with them.

As for the replay, I'll watch it later! :p

Ationi
09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Well... I'm popular with the GR.org VOD numbering system which is free for all. That place kind of requires the #number system. I'm sorry if I broke some elitist's hearts, wasn't intentional at all :/.

Angel and Nome did not create all six first fpvods, so I kind of moved with the flow.

09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Well... I'm popular with the GR.org VOD numbering system which is free for all. That place kind of requires the #number system. I'm sorry if I broke some elitist's hearts, wasn't intentional at all :/.

Angel and Nome did not create all six first fpvods, so I kind of moved with the flow.

Yes they did, check again, the pesti made the same "mistake" as you.

Valor2002
09-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes they did, check again, the pesti made the same "mistake" as you.

But in his defence: His Tempest was WAY WAY better then that Pestilence, where the whole VOD was more like a joke.

09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
But in his defence: His Tempest was WAY WAY better then that Pestilence, where the whole VOD was more like a joke.

Sure I agree on that but I still think you should seperate videos like these from the ones you clearly see have a higher skill level. I'm not trying to bash you and I enjoy every FPVod I watch cause im still a beginner.

twincannon
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM

haha nah but I still hang out with the dev guys, we are keeping busy. I figured that was you mf- since I saw yer location :D sup

rockchalk
09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
egh.

Tempered
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
honestly if Angel/Glorify arent going to put their names in the titles for the FPVoDs then it doesnt really matter. Its not hard to make a "mistake" when most other communities just number generically titled stuff and the elites slap their name on it.

`Behold
09-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Let the man title his videos whatever he wants. Stop crying.

binbo
09-22-2009, 08:19 AM
They used a generic name so you can't expect him to title it otherwise... maybe Ationi's FPVoD 1: Tempest.

But it's their fault for taking over such a generic name. If you ask me, they should edit all their thread titles to reflect the fact it's personal...

Xzarr
09-22-2009, 10:27 AM
FPVoD is a lie, it's not first person!

Arggggggggggggggggggg

NiGHTsC
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
The last fight is definitely awesome, lol.

Only thing missing is to record with Fraps "Full size" instead of "Half size" for best video quality :D

Misfortune
09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
This.

Let the good players use the FPVoD tag, please.

Thirded...

Krangry
09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Your hero is a powerfull last hitter, but is taking away farm from a hero that could be free farming a lane while you farm twice as fast in the forest.

JIDIz
09-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Your hero is a powerfull last hitter, but is taking away farm from a hero that could be free farming a lane while you farm twice as fast in the forest.

+ u took soul reapers solo lane, hero that needs to solo.

Ationi
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
I've put some of the advices into use and went jungling in my previous games. I think it gives me quite nice exp and money now (first attempts were horrid :E). I was among the first to reach lv10 and I got pkey in less than 10minutes without too much effort.

I also noticed that people don't have good reaction time against pkey'd tempest which allows me to cast meteor into them all the time.

Vaim
09-30-2009, 04:02 AM
My brain started to hurt too much within the fist few minutes, watching you "micro" your elementals to not split/shoot anything.

FuzzyWuzzy
09-30-2009, 05:05 AM
Wow, this VoD made even Angel's VoD of Bloodseeker more interesting. Jesus.